Homecoming

Summer's Bay

:)

Chapter 51

General Hospital-Summer Bay

Steve and Carly sat on the hospital couch, they had been there for almost an hour waiting to hear how Bobby is. Steve looked down at his shirt, he had blood on it from where he carried Bobby to the car.

Pippa sat on the chair next to the water cooler…she couldn’t get the image of Bobby, her daughter covered in blood out of her mind.

“Pippa how is she?” Donald said as he rushed towards Pippa

“We are waiting for the Doctor to come out and tell us if she is ok” Pippa said

“Do you know what happened to her?” Donald said

“She said sorry to me and Sally then collapsed on the floor” Pippa said

“This is my fault Pippa…ill never forgive myself for this…I never should have convinced her to go” Donald said as he walked around

“Mrs Fletcher” Doctor Edwards said as he came around the corner

“Yes” Pippa said as she got up from the chair. Carly and Steve also got up and walked over towards Pippa.

“Bobby is resting right now. We gave her some stiches  for the deep cut in her head…she is showing symptoms of concussion and she did lose a lot of blood so we need to keep her in overnight to keep an eye on her” Doctor Edwards said

Pippa exhaled and sighed “Thank you Doctor, can we see her?” Pippa said

“Ok but not for too long. Mrs Fletcher? Do you know what happened tonight?” Doctor Edwards said

“No, she just turned up at the house, said very little then collapsed on the floor” Pippa said

“She isn’t saying much, we gave her a sedative to calm her down because she was crying nonstop but she keeps on saying to tell Frank she is sorry” Doctor Edwards said as Carly and Steve looked at each other

“Thank you Doctor” Pippa said

“Ill call home and let them know Bobby is going to be ok” Carly said as she walked towards the phone.

Pippa, Steve and Donald rushed towards Bobby’s room

Summer Bay- Caravan Park

“Do you want some tea love?” Floss said as she walked over to the couch where Frank sat with Sally curled up under his arm. It had taken him some time to calm her down. She was scared seeing Bobby covered in blood and refused to go to her room to sleep.

“No thanks Floss” Frank said as he focused on his shoe…there was a bit of Bobby’s blood on his shoe

Floss pulled the chair over to where Frank sat on the couch and she sat down. Nev had just wiped the blood from the floor

“Are you alright love?” Floss said as she touched Frank’s arm

Frank didn’t respond

“I can stay here with Sally if you want to go to the hospital” Floss said

Frank shook his head no…still focused on the blood on his shoe

“Knock at the door”

“I wonder who that is” Floss said as she walked towards the door

“Who is it?” Floss said

“Its Matt” Matt said

“Oh hello love” Floss said as she opened the door

“Hi, I am sorry its late but is Carly still awake?” Matt said

“She isn’t here love, she just had to pop out for a minute she will back soon..any message? Floss said

“Please tell her I came by and to remind her she needs to be at the diner tomorrow at 8am” Matt said

“Alright lovey, ill tell her” Floss said as Matt waved and left

Anna Bay-Australia

Danny got off the bus at the last stop with one other person. He attempted to hide his face from the driver…he doesn’t want to be recognized because the police are looking for him. When he got off the bus, Danny looked left and right, he didn’t know where he was going but he needed to find somewhere to sleep. As the bus drove off, Danny noticed the Motel across the and fast walked across the road to see if they had a room available

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Phone Ringing”

Frank looked at the phone as it rang…he didn’t get up. Floss looked at Frank then walked over to the phone

“Sumer Bay Caravan Park, Hello?” Floss said

Hello Floss its me Carly” Carly said

“Hello Carly love” Floss said

Frank looked up from his shoe and at Floss

“Bobby is going to be fine, the Doctors are keeping her in because she lost lots of blood and had to have stiches” Carly said

“That’s great news love” Floss said as she put her hand on her chest

“Matt came over, he said to tell you not to forget to be at the Diner tomorrow at 8am” Floss said

“Thanks Floss” Carly said

“Alright lovey, see you soon” Floss said then she put the phone down

Floss looked at Frank who was looking at his shoe

“Bobby is going to be aright…the Doctors are keeping her in overnight” Floss said

Frank exhaled but didn’t respond. He stood up, picked up Sally and headed towards the stairs

Pippa sat by Bobby’s bed, Carly, Steve and Donald stood near her. Bobby’s eyes were closed as Pippa held her hand. The blood had been wiped from her face and she had a bandage around her head. Pippa squeezed Bobby’s hand hoping to wake her up

Bobby began to move her head then she opened her eyes “Pippa” Bobby said

“I am here Bobby” Pippa said as she stood up for Bobby to see her

“Frank” Bobby said still dazed

Pippa looked up at Donald

“Bobby what happened?” Pippa said

“My head hurts” Bobby said as she turned her head and saw Donald standing near Pippa

“Get out” Bobby said to Donald

“Pippa tell him to leave” Bobby said in a daze

“Why Bobby?” Pippa said

“TELL HIM TO LEAVE” Bobby shouted as loud as she could then started crying

“Pippa I want my jeans…there is something inside..please…” Bobby said in a daze while crying

“Donald I think you better go” Pippa said as she sat on the bed and tried to calm Bobby down

“Bobby I am sorry” Donald said

“I am going to stay here for a while, Donald do you mind taking Steve and Carly home” Pippa said as she consoled Bobby who is still crying.

Donald nodded

“I want to stay” Steve said “Me too” Carly said

“Steve you have school tomorrow and Carly you don’t want to be late for the diner” Pippa said

“Ill pack some stuff for Bobby and bring it by in the morning” Carly said

“Thanks love” Pippa said

“See you in the morning Bobby” Carly said as she walked over to the other side of Bobby and kissed her cheek. Carly moved out of the way and Steve kissed Bobby on the cheek and they both left with Donald

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Frank walked down the stairs, into the living room and sat on the couch

“Floss, please go to bed” Frank said as he looked at floss sitting on the chair next to the couch

“Are you going to be ok?” Floss said

Frank sighed and didn’t respond…..”Good night Floss, thank you for everything” Frank said

Floss looked at Frank then smiled

As Floss got up, Steve Carly and Donald came through the door

“Oh hello, Pippa not with you?” Floss said

“No, she wanted to stay a bit longer at the hospital” Carly said as she picked up Bobby’s case and put it on the dining table

“I am going to pack a bag, take it to the hospital in the morning before I go to the Diner” Carly said as she unzipped the case

“Carly, ummm if you don’t mind, I can take it back to the hospital tonight if you want, save you going in the morning” Donald said

Carly and Steve looked at each other

“I don’t mean to be rude Mr Fisher but Bobby didn’t want you at the hospital, I am not sure if it is a good idea to give you the bag” Carly said

“I will just drop it off at the door, I won’t go inside the room…please” Donald said

Carly looked at Frank then at Steve

“Ok, I will just pack some things” Carly said as she walked towards the stairs to go to her room to get a bag

“Carly, you take the bag to the hospital in the morning” Frank said before Carly got to the stairs

“Excuse me?” Donald said

“I said Carly should take the bag to the hospital” Frank said

“You disgust me, Bobby is lying in the hospital and you can’t even put your ego aside …You claim its family business yet you couldn’t even be bothered to go to the hospital to see your foster sister who asked for you” Donald said

“Get out” Frank said

“How dare you give me orders” Donald said

“Are you forgetting that you are standing in my house?” Frank said with a smile

Donald looked around then walked out of the door.  as Steve, Floss Nev and Carly looked at each other.

General Hospital- Summer Bay

Pippa stroked Bobby’s arm. “She looks so peaceful” Pippa thought to herself.  It had taken some time but Bobby finally calmed down, stopped crying and went to sleep. She loved Bobby and was hoping that maybe things wouldve work out even though she had her reservations about Danny.

Pippa heard the hospital door openly slowly, when she turned around Frank was entering the room. Frank walked slowly towards Pippa, not wanting to wake Bobby up

“I’m glad you came” Pippa said as Frank stood looking at Bobby

“How did you get here?” Pippa whispered as Frank put a bag down on the floor and sat on the arm of Pippa’s chair

“Nev gave me a lift…I brought Bobby’s stuff” Frank whispered back

“She asked for you” Pippa said

“Fisher told me amongst other things” Frank said

“Other things like what? Pippa said looking confused

The door of the hospital room opened and a nurse walked in

“Its getting really late now, I am going to have to ask you to leave so Bobby can sleep” The Nurse said

“Ok, do you know what time Bobby can come home tomorrow?” Pippa said to the nurse as Frank stared at Bobby

The Nurse walked over to Bobby’s hospital chart at the end of the bed

“Doctor Edwards will be doing his round at 7:30am, he usually gets to this ward at 8:00am so once he does a check up, I assume Bobby can go home after that” the Nurse said

“Thank you, we are going to leave, please give us a minute” Pippa said as the Nurse left the room

Pippa got up and straightened up Bobby’s blankets and tucked them in to the corners of the bed then kissed her on the cheek. Pippa bent down picked up the bag and put it on the chair. Pippa walked over the plastic bag on the floor that had Bobby’s clothes in it

Pippa bent down then slowly opened the bag, searched for the jeans and put her hands in the jeans pockets. Pippa looked in all the pockets then when she got to the last pocket, she pulled out a white napkin rolled up and tied with a pink ribbon. Pippa got up and stood next to Frank.

Background Music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“I think we better go” Pippa whispered .Frank nodded and from the corner of his eye he saw something in Pippa’s hand then turned around and looked at her

“Where did you get that from?” Frank said

“Earlier, Bobby mentioned that she wanted her jeans because there is something in it” Pippa said

“Can I have it” Frank said to Pippa as she looked confused

“I know what it is…I gave it to her” Frank said as he held his hand out

Pippa looked at Frank confused

“Please” Frank said again then Pippa gave it to him

“Ill wait outside” Pippa said and walked towards the door

When the door was closed, Frank carefully untiled the ribbon and unrolled the napkin

14/2/1989

“B,

You are half of me and I will always need you to make me whole

As long as you will let me, I will take care of your heart and love you forever”

F

X

Frank looked at Bobby and was surprised that she still kept this even though he didn’t keep to what he promised….then he rolled the napkin up and carefully tied the pink ribbon around it. Frank slowly pulled back Bobby’s blanket and put the rolled napkin in her hand, he bent down and kis.sed her hand then put his cheek on her hand and sighed then slowly covered her with the blanket, looked at her once more then slowly began to walk away

“Frank I am sorry” Frank turned around and stopped walking just in time to see Bobby moving her head but her eyes were still closed and she was still in a daze but she put her hand with the napkin in up to her chest. Frank wasn’t sure if she knew he was there.

“I love you Frank…forever” Bobby said  still with her eyes closed and in a daze as Frank looked at her once more and opened the hospital door and shut it slowly.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 52

Beverly Hills- California

Roo sat on the bed and removed the towel from her hair head. “This is the best trip ever” Roo said to herself. She felt like a real grown up at the cocktail party last night and then there was Donavan….Roo smiled. Donavan was everything she dreamed about when she was younger, he was tall, handsome rich..Roo smiled again. She looked at the ironing board on the wall. This house was like a hotel…it was huge and nothing like Roo had ever seen before. Her Aunty Morag once lived in a huge house but nothing like this. Roo got up and walked over to her suitcase,

Her and Nancy had a 9:00am meeting with David then had to leave for their flight 2:00pm. Roo pulled out a red shift dress with a black belt and a short sleeved black cardigan. Roo was going to wear the same black heels she wore yesterday. Before Roo ironed her clothes she went over to the window and opened the curtain. The view she had was breath-taking. She looked down at the pool she dipped her toes into last night and the chairs that her and Donavan sat on. Roo walked over to the night stand next to her bed where she put Donavan’s business card and picked up the card. Roo looked at it again then smiled then walked over to the suitcase and pushed the card in the back and underneath her clothes. Roo stood up and looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

Summer Bay Australia

3:00am

Fisher Residence

Donald couldn’t sleep, he hadn’t slept since he got home from seeing Bobby at the hospital. As soon as he got the call from Pippa, he rushed there as soon as he could. Donald got out of bed and walked towards the open bedroom door. Donald excited his room and walked down the hall and stopped when he got to Bobby’s room.

Donald opened the door and went inside. He walked over towards the bed and turned on the lamp and sat on the bed. Donald reached around and picked up Alan’s bear that sat neatly on the made bed. Donald looked at the bear, he remembers when Alan was a child, he would take the bear everywhere with him. Donald remembered the times in the last year that he would see Bobby curled up in the chair holding tight to this bear or crying herself to sleep holding this bear tight then suddenly tears formed in his eyes and he began to cry…

Caravan Park

Lance couldn’t sleep. He hadn’t seen Marilyn for months…the last time he saw her she was leaving town with another man who promised he would make her famous. Now she is back because it probably didn’t work out and expected him to forgive her. Lance turned over and attempted to get back to sleep because he was not going to forgive her.

Caravan Park

Flashback-Singapore 1989

Bobby – “Frank what is this?”

Frank-“Its Valentine’s day and I didn’t get you a gift”

Bobby-“Being married to you for the rest of my life is my Valentine’s gift”

Frank- “Open it and read it”

Bobby -“14/2/1989

“B,

You are half of me and I will always need you to make me whole

As long as you will let me, I will take care of your heart and love you forever”

F

Frank-“I mean it, you are half of me and I will take care of your heart forever if you will let me”

Bobby-“I love you Frank…forever”

Frank-“I love you Roberta…forever”

Frank sighed…he had so many emotions going through his head. He froze when Bobby collapsed…he wanted to run to her, hold her but he couldn’t…he was still angry that she chose Danny over him.  He watched as Steve picked her up and rushed to the car…he watched as Pippa and Carly rushed to the car…he stood frozen as Sally cried holding tight to him. Frank turned onto his back. When Donald said Bobby asked for him his heart melted…he had to be with her…he had to be with the woman he loves..

Roo looked at herself in the mirror and smiled, she looked good. Her hair was still a bit wet but she pulled her hair back and held it up in a high bun. Roo picked up the lip-gloss from the table and put some on her lips, rubbed her lips together then smiled.

“Knock at the door”

Roo walked towards the door and slowly opened it to see Nancy standing there wearing a cream trouser suit. Nancy always looked so good. Roo wished for the day when she would look just as good as Nancy

“Hi Nancy, am I late? Roo said

“No you’re fine, we have a few minutes to grab some breakfast before the meeting starts” Nancy said

“Ok, let me just grab my notes” Roo said as she walked back to the desk to grab her notes and bag.  Nancy watched Roo as she walked away and her heart sank to her stomach, she was jealous that it wasn’t her and Donavan sitting by the pool and talking about their future together. Nancy was lost in thought about the time Donavan had flown her out to spend the weekend with him but he made it very clear that he was not interested in anything serious.

“Ok, I am ready” Roo said and brought Nancy back to the present as she did her best to smile and put her feelings away.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Good Morning Pippa” Carly said as she came down the stairs

“Hello Carly” Pippa said as she picked up the cup of coffee and drank some

“What time is Bobby coming home?” Cary said as she sat next to Pippa

“I will be heading over there shortly. Can you make up the bed in your room before you go to the Diner?” Pippa said

“I made up the spare room last night. I don’t think Bobby will want to talk to anyone “ Carly said

“Thanks Carly” Pippa said

“I put some of Bobby’s things in a bag, have you seen them?” Carly said

“Frank brought the bag to the hospital last night” Pippa said

“Frank?” Carly said as she looked at Pippa

Pippa nodded then she drank some more coffee

“I think Bobby is going to feel a bit embarrassed so please don’t tell anyone” Pippa said

“What about Ailsa?” Carly said

“Ok, you can mentioned it to Ailsa and that’s it” Pippa said then got up. “

“Ask Steve to take Sally to school. I am going to get Christopher ready.”  Pippa said as she walk towards the stairs.

Roo stepped down the last step with her suitcase and gave it to the driver.

“Thank you” Roo said and smiled. Roo looked at her shoes and when she looked up, Donavan was standing at the door

“Oh, Hi” Roo said as she saw Donavan at the door. He looked even more handsome in the day time. He wore a light blue shirt and a dark blue suit with no tie. He was wearing glasses with a square frame

“Hi, I was hoping to see you before you left” Donavan said as he smiled and stood in front of Roo

“Yes we are leaving soon, I am just waiting for Nancy” Roo said with a smile

“You still have my business card” Donavan said

“Yes I do” Roo said

“I hope to hear from you” Donavan said then he leaned forward and kissed Roo on the cheek then on the lips then Roo wiped some lip-gloss from his lips. Donavan smiled then began to walk away

Roo wanted to put her arms around Donavan and kiss him for longer but she didn’t want anyone to see especially Nancy…she knew Roo’s secret

“Donavan” Nancy said as she came around the corner. Nice of you to see us off” Nancy said

“Morning Nancy, safe trip” Donavan said then kissed Nancy on the cheek and walked towards David’s home office.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“Carly these are for the round table on the right” Ails said as she put the plates in front of Carly

“Carly?” Ailsa said

“Oh, I am sorry Mrs. Stewart, what table are these for?” Carly said as she took the plates

Ailsa pointed to the table then Carly went over and places the plates in front of the customers and returned to the counter where she picked up a towel and started cleaning the counter

“Is everything alright?” Ailsa said

Carly sighed

“I am not supposed to tell anybody about it” Carly said just as Lance came into the kitchen

“Lance please go and clean the tables” Ailsa said and Lance walked off

“Bobby is in hospital” Carly said

“What? Why? Ailsa said

“She turned up at the house last night covered in blood then collapsed. We don’t know what happened. We took her to the hospital and they kept her in overnight and gave her some stiches. Pippa said I can tell you but no one else because Bobby is going to be feeling bad about it” Carly said

“Yes of course” Ailsa said

“Pippa has gone to the hospital…Bobby should be coming home today” Carly said then returned to wiping the counter

Anna Bay –Australia

Danny looked at the box next to his hair that he had cut. He picked up the box and looked at the side instructions.  It said to keep in for 15 minutes then wash out. Danny walked over to the sink on the motel room. It had been 15 minutes and with a cup began pouring the running water onto his hair. Danny kept pouring water on his head until the water falling back in the sink was clear. Danny reached for the towel on the chair and dried his hair. Danny stood up and looked  at himself in the mirror…he didn’t recognize himself, he had short blonde hair….a good disguise because the police are after him for killing Bobby.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby sat down on the bed in the spare room

“Carly figured you would want some privacy so she made up this room for you” Pippa said

Bobby smiled “Thanks” she said. Her head still hurt and she still had stiches in her head but fortunately she had no broken bones, just a bruised heart

“Are you hungry? Can I get you something?” Pippa said

“Just some juice please so I can take my painkillers” Bobby said as she stretched herself to lay down

“Alright, I won’t be long” Pippa said and smiled as she walked towards the door

“Pippa, I am really sorry about everything I said…I really am “Bobby said

“I know sweetheart, me too” Pippa said then smiled and pulled the door close but not completely shut

As Pippa got to the bottom of the stairs, Frank was coming through the door

“Good morning” Pippa said

“Morning” Frank said

“I figured you were tired so I let you sleep. Sally was expecting you to take her to school this morning so I think she went to school disappointed” Pippa said as she walked over to the fridge, took out the juice and put it on the table

“I’ll pick her her up….Is Bobby home?” Frank said

“Yes, she is in the spare room. Carly thinks she might want to be alone for a while” Pippa said

“I am going to take a shower” Frank said then made his way to the stairs

Bobby got up and slowly walked over to her bag and opened the side pocket and took out the rolled napkin tied in pink ribbon then walked over to the bed and slowly lay down. Bobby help it close to her chest and began to cry….as Frank got to the top of the stairs he heard crying…he slowly walked in the direction of the spare room and heard Bobby crying. He stood outside the door..he wanted to open the door, he want to go in and comfort her but he froze…he stood outside the room sighed then walked towards the bathroom.

Chapter 53

“The City”

“Hey, it’s me” Matt said into the phone at the phone box

“ I just got into town, I am on my way  to my parents’ house, I should be at your place around 11:30…will we be alone?...yeah I missed you too…see you soon” Matt said then put the phone down and walked towards his car, got in and drove off

Summer Bay High School- Summer Bay

Steve stared at the pen in his hand. He had some things going on in his mind. He could hear Mr Fisher talking but couldn’t hear what he is saying. Steve was thinking about last night, the way Bobby came into the house covered in blood then collapsed. Steve then thought about Sandra and seeing her covered in bruises after her Father attacked her. He still had not started writing back to Sandra yet even though she had reminded him that it was his turn. Steve thought he knew the right thing to do but now he didn’t because of the way he was feeling when Sandra told him she was out with another guy.

“MATHESON” Steve jumped when he heard his name

“Are you going to pay attention in class today?” Mr Fisher said as he looked directly at Steve

“Sorry Sir” Steve said then sat up in his chair and looked at the blackboard

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank sat on the couch staring at the TV even though the TV was off. Pippa and Floss looked at him as they sat at the dining table

“How is Bobby this morning?” Floss said

“She hasn’t said anything about what happened last night only that she is sorry. She has been crying a lot though…I don’t know what to do” Pippa said as she ran her hands through her head

“What about him” Floss said as she pointed towards Frank

Pippa shook her head “I don’t know” Pippa said then sighed “Times like this is when I really need Tom here” Pippa said then looked down

“You will be alright love” Floss said and put her hand on Pippa’s arm

Bobby opened her eyes, her head still hurt but she was glad to be out of the hospital. Bobby looked down at her hand and squeezed the napkin. She was hungry now and slowly got off from the bed and stood by the door, she opened the door slightly and could hear voices, one sounded like Martin. She wanted to wait until he left before she went downstairs. She didn’t want anybody to see her like this. Bobby walked over to the mirror on the wall and looked at herself. Her face was red and her eyes were puffy from crying. The bandage she had on was take off this morning. Bobby leaned forward and pulled her hair apart, she could see the stitches in her head. She sighed then walked back over to the bed.

“I am not going anymore” Frank said

“Oh come on mate, geez you’re like a Sheila lately, cant make up your mind” Martin said.

“Oi, I heard that” Pippa said

“Sorry Mrs F, Frank has decided that he isn’t going to the cocktail party tomorrow at the Sands Resort” Martin said

“Frank, why not” Pippa said

“I just don’t want to” Frank said

Pippa got up and walked over to the couch and sat down

“Frank” Pippa said

“I’m not in the mood Pippa” Frank said

“Carly will be really disappointed, I know she is really looking forward to going with you” Pippa said

“She can go with Steve” Frank said

“Martin, how about you wait at your car, Frank will be out shortly” Pippa said then smiled

“Alright Mrs F” Martin said then smiled

“Pippa love, I am just popping over to the shop, I will be back later” Floss said as she got up. Pippa smiled

When they were both gone, Pippa looked at Frank

“I am not going Pippa” Frank said as he tapped his finger on his thigh

“Why Frank?”

“After everything that has happened in the last few days, going to a cocktail party is the last thing I need” Frank said

“How can I help you?’ Pippa said

“You should be taking care of yourself you just got out of hospital” Frank said then he and Pippa both heard someone coming down the steps then Bobby appeared at the door. Pippa stood up

“Are you ok?” Pippa said as she walked over to Bobby

Bobby nodded

“Frank, I am sorry” Bobby said

Frank looked at Bobby really angrily then he got up

“I am going with Martin to get a tux for the party tomorrow” Frank said to Pippa then he got up and walked toward the door and left

Bobby’s breathing got faster then she started crying again as she watched him walk out.

“Oh sweatheart, give him time, he will come around” Pippa said as she hugged Bobby

“Let me get you some food” Pippa said as she walked Bobby over to the couch

Macklin Corporation- “The City”

“That will be all, thanks” Brett said then the three men in the office having the meeting with him got up and walked towards the open door then left.

Brett opened the draw of his desk and pulled out the black box. He opened it and smiled then pressed his phone

“Cathy please come in” Brett said while still looking at the necklace

“Yes Mr Macklin” Cathy said as she appeared at the door

“Is everything ready to be couriered to Summer Bay? I don’t want the dress to get there late” Brett said as he closed the box and put it on the desl

“I am picking up the dress at lunchtime, the shoes and bag arrived this morning” Cathy said

“Good, thanks” Brett said then he looked at the bag on the corner of his office couch. Can you take the dresses in the bag to be put in a nice box?” Brett said

“Yes no problem” Cathy said then she picked up the dresses in the bag and disappeared from the door

“The City”

Matt parked his car sighed then took the keys out of the ignition. He knew what he had to do. He got out of the car, closed the door then locked it. He walked towards the front door and and rang the bell

“Hi” Matt said and smiled then put his arms around the woman who answered the door and they kissed as Matt was entering the house.

Summer Bay

Mrs F must have the golden touch” Martin said as Frank looked out of the window of the car

“I didn’t think she could get you to change your mind” Martin said as he parked outside the Tuxedo hire shop

Frank got out without responding and walked towards the door of the shop

“Ill be with you in a second” the female assistant said as from the back

“ Hi, Frank isn’t it?” the assistant said as she came from behind the curtain

Frank didn’t respond

“I went to school with Bobby Simpson and Roo Stewart then I moved to Yabbie Creek, Danielle” Danielle said

Frank nodded then went over to the Tuxedo rack. He remembered Danielle, she hung around with Allison Patterson and was always staring at him when he went to meet Bobby at school.

“No hello for me?” Martin said as he leaned on the counter

“Get off the counter Martin” Danielle said then she walked over to Frank

“Is there something you are looking for?” Danielle said

“A Tuxedo, I just need to rent one for tomorrow with a shirt” Frank said as he looked through the rack for his size

“Yeah I need one too” Marti said as he walked over to the rack and began searching for his size

“I heard you left town” Danielle said

“I did” Frank said as he finally found his size and pulled it off the rack and walked over to the shirts

“Yeah he did, Frankie Boy is like a Boomerang, back and forth between women but he married Roo” Martin said

Frank looked over at Martin with an annoyed look on his face

“Oh I see, I have not seen her for a while, is she at her parents house?’ Danielle said

“No she is in New York” Frank said looking through the shirts

“Are you going to the cocktail party at the Sands Resort tomorrow?” Danielle said

“Hmmm” Frank responded as he picked out a bow tie

“Me too..well I am working there for the night” Danielle said as she followed Frank back to the counter

“Maybe we can have a drink to toast you and Roo “ Danielle said

Frank didn’t response

Martin followed behind Frank and also put his things on the counter. Frank reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet

“That’s ok, there is no charge” Danielle said as she smiled

“Why?” Frank said looking at her. He was annoyed at how Danielle was behaving, as if he owed her something

“Roo is an old friend, this is my wedding present to you” Danielle smiled again

Frank was shaking his head in his mind….she probably wanted something from him like Allison did….something she wasn’t going to get anyway

“Thanks” Frank said

“Yeah thanks” Martin said

“Not you” Danielle said then she looked over at what Martin had collected then said “$25

Martin was visibly annoyed then he looked at Frank who smiled at him as he pulled out money from his pocket

Anna Bay- Australia

Danny opened his eye and looked around the motel. He only intended to close his eyes for a few minutes but ended up sleeping for a few hours. He wanted to go back to Summer Bay. He needed to get the money promised to him by Donald Fisher so he can leave the country, the police were after him. He had to put a plan together

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby chewed her sandwich and looked at Christopher who was playing on the floor in front of her. Bobby smiled at him

Pippa came and sat next to Bobby and smiled. “I don’t want to rush you but are you ready to talk about what happened last night?” Pippa said as she stroked Bobby’s hair

Bobby nodded then proceeded to tell Pippa, between tears everything that happened since she left Summer Bay yesterday morning

Summer Bay Diner

“What are you doing here?” Donald said as he saw Carly at the counter

“I am doing Matts shift, he has gone to the city” Carly said

“I guess you have not decided what you are doing about school?” Donald said

“After last night everything is a bit confused now” Carly said

“How is Bobby?” Donald said

“When I left, she was in the spare room resting but I called home and Pippa said she was eating” Carly said as Ailsa came out of the kitchen

“Hello Donald” Ailsa said…”I know, Carly told me. Don’t worry I have not said anything to anyone else

“Do you have time for a chat” Donald said

“Go and have a seat, Ill bring some coffee over” Ailsa said

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Everything is going to be alright Bobby, I promise” Pippa said as she hugged Bobby

Bobby sighed and wiped her face.

“Maybe Danny did me a favor, helped me to face some facts that I didn’t want to face….I have to make some decisions about my future… This last year was horrible for me Pippa, I was so alone and sad” Bobby said as she began crying again

“I know sweetheart and I am sorry. Things can only get better from now. This is always your home for as long as you want to stay here” Pippa said

“Thanks, I don’t think I can face Dad right now…not after what he did” Bobby said as she wiped the tears from her face

“Phone Ringing”

“Ill get it, I have to start getting back to regular life” Bobby said as she got up and Pippa took the plate to the kitchen

Manhattan- New York

“Hello Summer Bay Caravan Park”  Bobby said

Roo thought she was hearing things…the person who answered the phone had a very familiar voice

“Hello, Summer Bay Caravan Park” Bobby said again

Roo sighed

“Hello Bobby…its Roo”

Bobby sighed then shook her head

“Hello Roo” Bobby said

Pippa turned around fast as Bobby said Roo’s name then she began walking back towards the couch

“How are you?” Roo said trying to break up the awkwardness

“Fine…how are you?” Bobby said

“Good” Roo said then there was an awkward silence

“Frank isn’t here” Bobby said

“Oh..ok..do you know where he is?” Roo said. This conversation felt very weird. She was asking her cousin who was once married to her husband where he is

“No I don’t” Bobby said as she felt the tears forming in her eyes

“Ok, well ill try later but if you see him, please ask him to call me” Roo said

“Ok, ill tell him that you called” Bobby said as a tear fell from her eye

“By the way, I hear congratulations are in order, I hope you and your Fiancé will be very happy” Roo said

“Thanks” Bobby said as she tried to stop herself from sounding like she is crying

“Ok then bye” Roo said then she put the phone down and looked at the wall

Roo looked down at the phone then at Donavan’s business card and picked it up

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby stood with the phone still in her hand. Pippa walked up to her and took the receiver and put it down

“Oh Bobby” Pippa said as she hugged Bobby

“Pippa when is this going to stop hurting?” Bobby said as Frank walked through the door with his bags

Bobby removed herself from Pippa, wiped her face, crossed her arms and walked towards the stairs

“I see you got your Tuxedo” Pippa said

“Is she ok?” Frank said as he put the bag on the couch

“Roo just called…she literally just put the phone down, I guess she said to give her a call” Pippa said

“What else did she say? Frank said

“I don’t know…Bobby answered the phone” Pippa said then she walked towards the laundry room

All the fun and surprises will start happening :)

Chapter 54

Diner-Summer Bay

“Its not you fault Donald” Ailsa said as she put her had on Donald’s arm. Donald was trying to keep it together and not shed any tears as several of his students were also in the Diner

“It is Ailsa,  Bobby kept telling me to keep out of her private life and I just couldn’t…not after the way Frank treat her” Donald said

“I know…as a parent you want to protect your child” Ailsa said

“I know and now she hates me” Donald said

“She doesn’t hate you….its me she hates” Ailsa said then sighed

“I am going to go around there” Donald said

“I don’t think that is a good idea, just give her some time to calm down. Knowing Bobby she is probably very embarrassed and upset. Pippa will take care of her…I don’t know if she will see me but I will go around there later, I will speak to her” Ailsa said

“Thank you Ailsa” Donald said and smiled

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Are you not going to eat” Pippa said as she looked at the untouched sandwich in front of Frank

“Sorry Pippa, I am not hungry” Frank said

“Frank why don’t you go and talk to her, she is really sorry…” Pippa said

“I can’t Pippa, what do I say? After what I did, I don’t have the right to be angry at her for believing Danny over me but I am” Frank said

“Frank leaving things this way isn’t helping things either…she is going to be living here now…you can’t just ignore each other” Pippa said

“Well it won’t be for long, I am going next week which reminds me, I need to book my return ticket” Frank said

“…You also need to call Roo”  Pippa said then Frank looked up at her

“Knock at the Door”

Pippa stood up as she saw the policeman standing at the door

“Hello can I help you?” Pippa said as she walked towards the door

“Yes, I am looking for Mrs Roberta Morgan” The Police officer said

“What is this about?” Pippa said as she looked at Frank

“Mrs Roberta Morgan” when Frank heard this he felt his heart drop to his stomach…

“I am officer McDonald from the Newcastle police station, Mrs Morgan was involved in an accident yesterday and I need to speak to her”

“Sure, come in” Pippa said as she opened the door and made way for the police officer to come in

“She is upstairs, I will just get her” Pippa said as she looked at Frank

Diner- Summer Bay

“Hi Marilyn, I didn’t know that you are back in town” Carly said as she saw Marilyn walk into the Diner

“Yes, I got back yesterday, how are you Carly?” Marilyn said

“Good” Carly said then she looked at Lance and walked away

“Hi Lance” Marilyn said

“We have nothing to say to each other” Lance said

“Please Lance…I just want to explain” Marilyn was interrupted

“There is nothing to explain” Lance said and he walked off to the kitchen

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby walked into the living room and to the direction of the Police officer. Frank was in the kitchen putting the uneaten sandwich into a food bag and had the fridge door open about to put it in

“Hello” Bobby said

“Mrs Morgan, I am Officer McDonald from the Newcastle police station

“Its actually Miss Simpson. I am divorced but my license and car are still registered under my previous name…I will be changing that shortly ”Bobby said as she sat down at the dinner table

Upon hearing that, Frank slammed the fridge door which made Pippa jump, he looked directly at Bobby very angry and walked out of the house

Pippa looked at Bobby

“Officer please sit down” Bobby said as Pippa went outside and watched Frank go into his van and slam the door

Frank sat on the unmade bed

“Knock on the door”

Frank got up and opened the door

“Can I come in?” Pippa said with a smile

Pippa stepped into the van, shut the door behind her and sat on the chair

“The amount of times you and Bobby have slammed this van door shut, I am surprised it stills on its hinges” Pippa said

“What do you mean?” Frank said

“This Bobby’s old van” Pippa said

“No its not, Bobby’s van is further down” Frank said

“No, this it, we had to move it up “ Pippa said

“Just great, I cant wait till I leave here so I can get away from all this” Frank said

“You don’t mean that Frank” Pippa said

“Pippa I really do, since Ive been back my head is in a mess…my wife called me today and calling her back is not a priority for me right now. I told everyone in the house not to give you any headaches and here I am giving you the most” Frank said. Pippa moved from the chair to the bed and hugged Frank

“You are my son, you are supposed to give me headaches” Pippa said as she stroked Franks hair

“What do I do Pippa?” Frank said

“Talk to her” Pippa said

“I cant” Frank said

“Well if you cant talk to Bobby, talk to Roo…she is still your wife” Pippa said

Frank exhaled “Ok”

Pippa smiled and they both got up off the bed and walked towards the door

Diner-Summer Bay

Ailsa looked at Marilyn as she sat in the booth looking at her milkshake

“I think she is very upset” Ailsa said to Lance who was adding up an order on paper

“And I wasn’t upset when she left?” Lance said

“I am sure you were Lance but doesn’t her coming back mean something? Ailsa said

“It means she is expecting me to drop everything and take her back and I wont” Lance said as he walked over to the customers with the bill

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Well your car is outside, we towed it here, from what I can tell its mostly damage to the body of the car” Officer McDonald said

“Thank you” Bobby said

“Now are you sure you don’t want to press charges on Mr Farnsworth?” Officer McDonald said

“No, prison is not what he needs, he has mental problems and needs real help. I don’t think he was taking his medication because he has never been like that with me before” Bobby said

“Forgive me for asking Miss Simpson but if you were aware of his condition, why were you travelling with him” Officer McDonald said as Frank and Pippa walked through the door

Bobby sighed “Short answer is I thought I loved him and we could make a life together”

Frank looked at Bobby then walked over to the phone

“Do you want me to speak to the local police station to keep an eye out for him” Officer McDonald said

“No, I don’t think he will be back here” Bobby said

“Ok, well here is my card if you change your mind” Officer McDonald said as he got up from the table

“Thank you Officer” Bobby said and took the card from Officer McDonald

“Good day” Officer McDonald said and let himself out

“Are you ok?” Pippa said

“Things can only get better from here” Bobby said

“They will sweetheart, I promise” Pippa said

Macklin’s Corporation “The City”

“Everything is ready” Cathy said as she stood at Brett’s door

“Thanks Cathy, slight change of plan, can you see if the courier can get the packages to Summer Bay this evening?” Brett said

“That shouldn’t be a problem…do you need me to add a note?” Cathy said

“Yes” Brett said then smiled

Caravan Park Summer Bay

“Thank you” Frank said then put the phone down

“Ticket booked?” Pippa said from the dining table

“Yes, for next week Wednesday” Frank said

“Bobby was still staring at the card Officer McDonald gave her

Frank turned back to the phone and started dialing his home number

“Hello” Roo said when she picked up the phone

“HI, its me” Frank said

“Hi Frank how are you?” Roo said then looked down at Donavan’s business card

“Good, Pippa said you called, I was out renting a Tuxedo” Frank said

“For what?” Roo said

“Some cocktail party at the Sands Resort tomorrow, they are inviting local businesses” Frank said

“Oh right..I got back from California a few hours ago” Roo said

“Yeah, sorry, I forgot to ask about that, how was it?” Frank said

“It was amazing, we really have to go when you get back…when are you getting back?” Roo said

“I leave here on Wednesday so I should be back home on Friday” Frank said

“Ok, I will make a special dinner for us….shame you couldn’t be here sooner, my first PR event is on Friday, I need lots of  support” Roo said

“You are doing well there, you will be fine” Frank said then he swiveled the chair around and was looking at Pippa giving Christopher lunch and Bobby looking at a card in her hand

“So…who are you going to the cocktail party with ?” Roo said

“I am going with Carly, its the kind of thing she will enjoy” Frank said

“Well make sure you let those women in Summer Bay know you are unavailable” Roo said

“Isn’t wearing my ring enough?” Frank said as he laughed

“No, it’s not” Roo said

“Don’t worry, I will let all the women in Summer Bay know that I am married to the best wife ever, my first and only true love, is that alright?” Frank said

“,my first and only true love “…when Bobby heard this she slowly got up from the dining table and slowly walked towards the stairs….Frank followed her…she didn’t look at him

Pippa looked at Frank and sighed

Frank swiveled the chair back around

“Good because I love you Frank…” Roo said as she looked at Donavan’s business card

Frank paused “Yeah me too, I got to go, I need to go and pick Sally up from school” Frank said

“Ok, call me” Roo said

“Ok, bye” Frank said and put the phone down.

“The City”

Matt opened his eye and looked at his watch and sighed. They didn’t mean to fall asleep but they both did. Matt turned over and looked at her sleeping next to him. He gently shook her shoulder and she began to wake up

“I need to get going soon but we need to talk” Matt said

“What about, the woman next to Matt said as she turned over and faced him

“Look, I really like you…I didn’t expect things to get this deep but I don’t think it can work…we live to far” Matt said

“You mean you met someone else” The woman said as she pushed the blanket under her armpits and smiled

“Yes…I am sorry….its nothing serious but we want to see where things might go. I didn’t mean to come here and sleep with you..I am not being fair to you” Matt said

“I knew it was bound to happen…you have nothing to be sorry for. We had a good time” The woman said and smiled

“Can we still be friends?” Matt said

“Of course we can” Barbara said as she got up from the bed turned around and looked at Matt who was looking down

“Hey, don’t be upset…I am ok…honest…Rebecca will be home soon, do you want to stick around for some dinner? Barbara said as she put the blanket down and put her robe on

“No thanks, I need to get on the road” Matt said as he got up from the bed

“Are you sure you are going to be OK” Matt said as he looked at Barbara

“I will be fine” Barbara said and walked over to Matt and kissed his lips and hugged him with an unsure look on her face

Diner Summer Bay

“She is still sitting there” Carly said to Ailsa as they both looked at Marilyn

“I am just popping over to your place….I won’t be long” Ailsa said as she walked around the counter towards Marilyn

“Do you need anything else love?” Ailsa said to Marilyn

“No thank you Mrs Stewart, ill just pay for the milkshake now…sorry for taking up the table” Marilyn said as she got up and walked over to the counter. Ailsa shook her head then headed for the door.

Summer Bay

“How was school today?” Frank said as he drove Sally home

“Good” Sally said as she smiled

“Sal, can we talk about something?” Frank said then looked in the rear view mirror at Sally who nodded

“Bobby is home now and she is really upset and sorry about what she said to you on Sunday” Frank said

“She was really mean to me…I hate her” Sally said

“No Sally, dont hate her, she didn’t mean it” Frank said

“She was mean to you, do you forgive her?” Sally said

“Sally we are talking about you right now” Frank said

“I will forgive her when you forgive her” Sally said

“Ok, I forgive her, now will you forgive her?” Frank said

“Ok” Sally said with a smile

“Good…when we get back, she will probably be in the spare room, go and give her a hug, she really needs one” Frank said

“You give Bobby a hug first” Sally said

“Sal..” Frank said and the two started laughing

“The City”

“I’m home” Rebecca shouted as she got through the door

Matt walked into the kitchen and smiled

“Hi” Rebecca said, a little surprised to see him “Where is my Mum?” Rebecca said

“She is on the phone, she will be out in a minute” Matt said as he drank the last of the coffee in the cup then put the cup on the table and lent on the side of the sink

“I didn’t say anything if that is what you are thinking” Rebecca said

Matt smiled “I knew you wouldn’t”

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Pippa looked around the corner from the laundry room to see Ailsa standing at the door

“Ailsa” Pippa said as Ailsa came in and they hugged

“Pippa, how are you doing? I hope you are taking it easy” Ailsa said

Pippa sighed

“Carly told me what happened” Ailsa said

“Do you have time for some tea?” Pippa said as Ailsa smiled

Anna Bay-Australia

Danny counted the money he had left, it was more than enough for him to get back to Summer Bay but not today though, he had to lay low, the Police were looking for him, he didn’t want to go to prison

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Poor Bobby” Ailsa said as she put the tea cup down. “I was really hoping that things would work out this time with Danny”

“Ailsa she I really heartbroken and very embarrassed about this all. She is trying to put a brave face on but I don’t know how much more she will be able to take” Pippa said

“I cant believe what Donald did, I mean I understand why he did it” Ailsa said

“I know…I think it’s a good idea if he stays away for a while, give Bobby some time to calm down” Pippa said

“I did want to see her but I will leave it for a while”  Ailsa said

“Thanks, I don’t think she wants to see anyone right now, she has spent a lot of time in the room” Pippa said just as Frank and Sally came through the door

“Where have you two been” Pippa said looking at the pretend watch on her hand

“Me and Frank went for an ice-cream because we made a promise, Hello Mrs Stewart” Sally said smiling as she hugged Pippa

“Now you have to go and do your promise” Frank said to Sally and she smiled and ran upstairs

“What is all that about?” Pippa said

“She is going to see Bobby” Frank said and sighed

Summer Bay High School-Summer Bay

Donald looked at the blank paper on his desk…he wanted to write Bobby a letter explain what he did. He was going to take Ailsa’s advise and stay away for a while but the least he can do is write her a letter explaining what he didn. Donald sighed then picked up his pen

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock on the door”

“Bobby can I come in?” Sally said from behind the door

Bobby got up and opened the door

“Of course you can come in” Bobby said as she walked back towards the bed and sat down. Sally followed her and sat on the bed next to her

“Sal, I am really sorry for not believing you” Bobby said as tears formed in her eyes

“Its ok, I understand why, Frank told me…you were unhappy here and wanted to go with Danny” Sally said

Bobby smiled

“I have something for you” Sally said then she reached into her school bag and pulled out a flower she picked and gave it to Bobby

“Thank you Sal, I love you so much” Bobby said as she pulled Sally forward and began crying

“I love you too Bobby” Sally said and hugged her sister tight.

Diner-Summer Bay

“When is Matt back” Lace said as he put two empty plates on the counter

“I think he is coming back tonight, shame he isn’t coming back next week, I have really enjoyed working here” Carly said

Lance laughed

“G’day gorgeous” Martin said as he walked into the diner. “Got your dress for the party tomorrow night?”

“Yes I have” Carly said

“Frank and I picked up our Tuxedo’s earlier. Shame you have to go with Frank, you and I would’ve looked good tomorrow “ Martin said

“Matt is working at the Resort tomorrow so I will be seeing him there” Carly said with a smile as a man arrived at the door of the Diner with a big box

“Excuse me, I am looking for Miss Bobby Simpson, I have a delivery for her” The delivery man said

“She is not here, I am her Sister, I can take it” Carly said

“Thanks but I have instructions to give this directly to her. Do you know what time she will be back? The delivery driver said

“I will give you our home address, you can leave it there if you like” Carly said, she didn’t want to tell Martin and Lance that Bobby is home

“I guess that will do” The delivery man said as Carly walked back to the counter to write the address. She walked back over to the delivery man, gave him the address and he smiled as he walked away.

“Who was that” Ailsa said as she walked through the door

“Oh a delivery guy. Thank you for the opportunity today Mrs Stewart, if you ever need anyone to fill in, I will be available” Carly said

“Well I won’t be in tomorrow, I have to sort myself out for the cocktail party so you can work my shift tomorrow” Ailsa said

“Thank you but I am also going to the cocktail party with Frank” Carly said disappointed

“You come in tomorrow, we will figure something out” Ailsa said to Carly with a smile

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“I’m home” Carly said as she walked through the door and saw the box sitting on the dining table. Frank was sitting on the couch reading a magazine, Pippa was holding Christopher while Sally stirred a pot on the stove.

“Oh so the delivery man made it, he came to the diner first and I gave him the address” Carly said as she looked at the box

Pippa walked over to the dining table “Yes, he left a few minutes ago” she said

“How is Bobby?” Carly said

“She will be ok, but she needs some time” Pippa said

“I am going to go up and see her” Carly said

“Sal went up and told her she had a delivery, she will be down soon” Pippa said

“Martin said you picked up your Tuxedo for tomorrow” Carly said to Frank

“Yeah” Frank said while reading the magazine

“I am soo excited I can’t wait. I am working at the Diner tomorrow, Mrs Stewart won’t be in and asked me to cover. Hopefully we finish early so I came come and get dressed” Carly said

“I don’t want to stay there all night” Frank said as he got up from the couch and walked towards the dining table and sat down

“I thought you wanted to go” Carly said

“I do but not stay there all night” Frank said as Bobby walked through the door

“Hi Bobby” Carly said as Bobby got near the dining table

“Thank you for fixing up the room” Bobby said as Carly smiled

“Sal, where is the delivery?” Bobby said looking around

Carly pointed to the box

Bobby walked over to the dining table, she slowly untie the ribbon and put it on the side. Carefully, she took off the top of the box which revealed an envelope with Bobby’s name on it. She took out the letter first and slowly opened the envelope

“Hurry up I want to see what this is” Carly said

“You can read the letter” Bobby said as she gave Carly the letter and sat down

Carly took the letter and began to read

Background Music-Frank and Bobby theme

Dear Bobby

I know it has been a while but to tell the truth, I have been thinking about you. The last time I saw you, things were not great for me but life is wonderful now….I hope life is treating you well. I will be arriving in Summer Bay tomorrow morning for some meetings and to attend a Cocktail Party at the Sands Resort tomorrow evening. I was hoping I can be bold and ask you to be my date for the Cocktail Party so we can catch up on old times, like the time you dumped a vase full of flowers and water on my head.

I can’t wait to see you.

Brett

Ps I hope this will help you make up your mind to come with me

Carly gave Bobby the letter then carefully opened the white tissue paper that that lined the box

“Wow” Carly said as she pulled the dress out from the box

Bobby looked surprised…the dress Carly pulled out is beautiful

“Oh Bobby you have to go, you can’t waste this dress…its must have costs hundreds of dollars” Carly said and put the dress over her shoulder then looked in the box again and got out the shoe box and bag

“Bobby, I saw these shoes in a magazine last week, they are $150..wow” Carly said as she took one shoe out of the box and examined it. Usually Carly would be jealous…like she has always been when it comes to Bobby but she was genuinely happy that something good was finally happening for her.

“Ill think about it” Bobby said as she looked at the letter from Brett

“See, things will get better from now on” Pippa said as she squeezed Bobby, Bobby smiled with her eyes closed…as Bobby contemplated what she was going to do, Frank’s heart sank...he watched helplessly as Carly, Sally and Pippa talked about different ways to style Bobby’s hair and the lipstick she should wear…”Brett Macklin wins again” Frank thought to himself then got lost in his own thoughts as he watched Bobby read the letter again..

Background Music ends

Glad you all enjoyed that little twist...lots more to come. Thank you for reading :)

Chapter 55

“The City”

“So I was thinking of going straight to Summer Bay instead of coming home then coming back on Sunday” Rebecca said as she put some food into her mouth. When she didn’t get a response from her Mum she looked up at Barbara who was pushing her food around the plate and in a daze

“Mum, are you listening to me?” Rebecca said

“Im sorry, what did you say?” Barbara said

“I was thinking of going straight to Summer Bay instead of coming home after the recitial then coming back on Sunday” Rebecca said chewing her food

“No, you will come straight home” Barbara said

“Why?” Rebecca said

“Because I said so” Barbara said

“Why the strict parent stuff all of a sudden?” Rebecca said

“I don’t need to explain myself to you, you will come straight home after the recital that is the end of the discussion” Barbara said then she got up and left the table

Rebecca watched her Mum walk away. She had never spoken to her like that before and was always a laid back Mum…”I wonder if this has anything to do with Matt?” Rebecca thought to herself as she chewed her food.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Brett Macklin ey?” Pippa said as she stood at the bedroom door and watched Bobby hang the dress up on the wardrobe door

“A blast from the past” Bobby said as she sat down on the bed

“So are you going to go with him? Pippa said as she entered the room and sat on the bed

“Pippa I don’t know, the last time I made a rash decision to go anywhere with a man, I ended up in a car crash with stiches in my head” Bobby said as she attempted to laugh

“Brett isn’t Danny” Pippa said

“I know, when he took me out for the picnic, he was actually really nice but I was too in love with Frank at the time to see what could’ve been” Bobby said

“Well you have moved on now and he isn’t asking you to run away with him, just to be his date” Pippa said

“Is it me or is everything happening really fast?” Bobby said

“Well you said you wanted to get back to life and this is life and you have to make a decision about Brett” Pippa said

“How are you feeling Pippa, I am sorry for being selfish and not thinking about your feelings” Bobby said

“I am fine, it feels as though I didn’t go away” Pippa said and smiled

“What time are we leaving tomorrow night? I am working at the Diner but Mrs Stewart said I should be able to finish early” Carly said as she was handing the plate to Frank who was miles away and wiping an already dry plate. Carly nudged Frank and brought him back to reality

“What?” Frank said as he was brought back to the present

“I was asking What time are we leaving tomorrow night because I am working at the Diner but Mrs Stewart said I should be able to finish early” Carly said

“I dunno, what time does it start?” Frank said

“At 7:00pm so I was thinking we should be fashionably late and get there at  7:30pm Carly said with a giggle

“Yeah, whatever” Frank said

“Is it because Brett invited Bobby?” Carly said

“I don’t care what she does” Frank said

“Knock at the door”

“Ill get it” Sally said

“Its late Sal, Ill get it” Frank said then put the towel down and walked towards the door

Frank opened the door to see a man standing there

“Can I help you?” Frank said

“Hello Good Evening to you, I am looking for Roberta please” Reverend Jones said with a smile

Frank looked irritated

“Sal, tell Bobby she has a visitor” Frank said leaving the Reverend at the door and walking back to the kitchen

Sally ran upstairs

Stewart Residence

“Good pie love” Alf said as he put a large piece of pie into his mouth

Ailsa didn’t respond

Alf chewed as much as he could then swallowed and followed it with some water

“Ailsa, I don’t like this distance between us, lets talk, please…whatever I did , I am sorry” Ailsa said

“That’s just it Alf, you never seem to know when you are in the wrong” Ailsa said

“So why don’t you tell me what I did?” Alf said

“You think about it Alf” Ailsa said then put some pie in her mouth.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby came downstairs and looked at the door

“Reverend Jones, hi” Bobby said with a smile, walked towards the door and opened the door for Reverend Jones to come in

“Well I am on my way home and wanted to check and see if you are ok” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Please sit down, can I get you a drink or anything…we just finished dinner but I can make you something if you like?” Bobby said

“Oh that wont be necessary, I won’t be staying long…so how are you feeling today, you look much better” Reverend Jones said as he sat at the dining table

“My  head still hurts, I have some stitches “ Bobby said as she sat at the dining table

“Ahh those will heal my child, now, how are you really? Reverend Jones

Bobby smiled “Before I answer I would like to introduce you to my family” Bobby said as she looked around to see everyone looking at her “.This is Sally my Sister, Carly my other Sister, Steven my Brother” Reverend Jones smiled and said hello “and Frank” Bobby said quickly as she pointed at Frank who had an irritated look on his face

“Ahhh the name that brings the woman back to life” Reverend Jones as he walked up to Frank who looked confused and offered his hand. Frank looked at it then forcefully shook his hand. The reverend smiled then walked back to the table and sat down

Pippa walked into the living room. Reverend Jones saw her from the corner of his eye as Bobby was sitting down then he looked passed Bobby then stood up

“Philippa King?” Reverend Jones said as Pippa stopped walking and looked at Reverend Jones

“Alex?” Pippa said and looked at Reverend Jones for a few seconds then walked towards him “Alex I don’t believe it” Pippa said as she gave him a hug while everyone else looked at them.

Stewart Residence

“Knock at the door”

Ill get it “ Alf said as he stood up and walked towards the front door

“Oh good Alfred, you are home” Celia said as he made her way into the house

“I have been thinking about this cocktail party and trying to figure out why I didn’t get an invitation. Then it occurred to me, you can go with Ailsa and I will have your invitation” Celia said as Ailsa walked into the living room holding

“Hello Celia” Ailsa said

“Yes hello, I was just telling Alfred that he can go as your guest since Bobby isn’t here and I will have Alfred’s invitation” Ailsa said

“I am not sure if I want to go so you can have my invitation” Ailsa said then she got up and walked towards the room

“Did I say something wrong Alfred? Celia said as she watched Ailsa walk away

“Its nothing Sis, don’t worry about it?” Alf said then walked back to the kitchen

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“How long has it been?” Pippa said as she sat down next to Reverend Jones

“Too long” Reverend Jones said with a smile.

“Have you met all my family” Pippa said looking around

“Yes I met everyone…I met your lovely daughter Roberta first” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“The only one you haven’t met is my son Christopher but he is asleep now. Bobby told me about you but I didn’t know that you are now a Reverend” Pippa said

“Yes, its been some time now” Reverend Jones

“Wow.. Alex Jones a Reverend” Pippa said with a giggle

“So tell me everything you have been doing since I last saw you many years ago” Reverend Jones said

“Well, I got married to Tom Fletcher, he was an army friend of Danny’s” Pippa said

“How is Danny?, I would love to be in touch with him” Reverend Jones

“He has had some rough times, he is living in the city not far from my parents” Pippa said

“How are Bert and Coral? You know I still haven’t tasted scones that will rival the ones your Mum used to make” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“They are doing very well, still living in the same house” Pippa said

“ I will go there one day and say hello. Roberta mentioned that her father passed away, so I am assuming your husband?” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, he passed away a few weeks ago. I don’t know if Bobby told you but Tom and I thought we couldn’t have kids so we fostered and found out almost two years ago that we could and that is when Christopher was born” Pippa said with tears in her eyes

Reverend Jones grabbed her hand and smiled

“Carly, can you please do me a favour” Bobby said as she got up from the table and walked towards the couch where Carly sat with Frank

“Yeah sure anything” Carly said and got up and walked towards the kitchen

“Can you please go over to my dads house, I left Alan’s bear there and I want it…can you get it for me?” Bobby said

“Pippa, Steve and  I are just going out for a minute, we will be back soon” Carly said

“Thank you” Bobby said

“Where are we going?” Steve said from the floor where he was lying and reading

“Come on Ill tell you on the way” Pippa said

“Ill go with you, I need to get out of here anyway” Frank said as he got up and left with Carly. Bobby sat on the couch. Steven looked at her and sighed

“Enough about me, what about you?” Pippa said

“Well to cut a long story short,  I lived here in Summer Bay for a few years, I was Reverend at the local church then I was transferred to NewCastle and that has been my home ever since. I remember when the Stewarts used to own this house” Reverend Jones said looking around. It was always a wonder to me how they were always connected to everybody in this town” Reverend Jones said

Pippa lowered her voice “Frank is married to Alf’s daughter  and Bobby is Alf’s niece”

“Yes, she told me” Reverend Jones said with a smile. I have to get on the road I have 3 hours ahead of me” Reverend Jones said as he stood up

“Reverend Jones are you leaving already?” Bobby said as she got up off the couch

“Yes I am” Reverend Jones said with a smile

“Well when can you come and visit?” Bobby said

“I have to be up this way on Friday so probably then” Reverend Jones said

“You are staying for dinner then in one of our vans for the night, no arguments” Pippa said

“Sounds like a plan” Reverend Jones sad with a smile as Bobby walked towards him and gave him a hug

Fisher Residence

“Why are we here” Frank said as he parked the car

“Bobby asked me to come and get Alan’s bear” Carly said, “I wont be long” then got out of the car

“Knock at the door”

Donald heard the door and got up from the couch and walked towards the door then opened it

“Carly, is there something wrong?: Donald said concerned

“Hello Mr Fisher, Bobby asked me to come over and get Alan’s bear” Carly said

Donald looked at Carly then said “Ok, its on her bed ill get it, come in” Donald said as he walked over to the bedroom, he returned shortly with the bear and gave it to Carly

“Can you also give her this letter” Donald said as he walked over to the desk and picked up an envelope then walked back to Carly and handed it to her.

Carly half smiled then turned around and left

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Phone ringing”

“Summer Bay Caravan Park” Steve said as he picked up the phone

“Hey its me” Rebecca said

“How are you?” Steve said as he sat down at the desk and  Bobby walked towards the stairs and up to her room

“Good, listen, I can’t come on Friday, for some reason my Mum is doing the strict parent thing and wants me to come home” Rebecca said

“Oh, that’s ok” Steve said. He surprised himself by not be bothered that Rebecca wasn’t coming. He picked up a pen from the the desk and started writing Sandra’s name on a piece of paper

“Are you sure? I was looking forwards to seeing you? Rebecca said

“So was I but there is nothing we can do about it” Steve said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“It was really good seeing you Alex, after everything that has happened here, it was nice to see a friend from the past when times were less complicated” Pippa said as she walked Reverend Jones to his car

“Yes, I remember those times well” Reverend Jones said

“Ok, I wont keep, you , I will be expecting you on Friday and you never know, there might be a scone or two waiting for you” Pippa said with a smile

Reverend Jones smiled then said “I can’t wait, be well Philippa” then he made a sign of the cross, got in his car and Pippa watched as he drove off

As Pippa stood outside thinking of old time Martin walked up towards her

“Mrs F, is Frank home?” Martin said

“No, he went somewhere with Carly, they said they wont be long so you can wait inside if you like” Pippa said

“Got any food? I am starving” Martin said as he walked towards the house as Pippa shook her head.

Chapter 56

Stewart Residence

“Ails” Alf said to his wife as she wiped the dining table. Ailsa didn’t respond. Alf walked over and removed the towel from Ailsa

“What are you doing?” Ailsa said

“Please let’s talk” Alf said and sat down

Ailsa looked at Alf then sat down

“I know Bobby means a lot to you, Ruthy means a lot to me” Alf was interrupted

“Glad we cleared that up” Ailsa said as she began to stand up

“No wait please” Alf said as he grabbed Ailsa’s hand. Ailsa sat down

“Maybe I didn’t express my point in a good way but all I really wanted to say is that I just want all this Frank/Ruthy/Bobby stuff to be over with. I just want my daughter to be happy. She has been through a lot, losing her Mum, giving up young Martha..Frank is the best thing that has happened to her and I don’t want anybody to ruin that, you have to understand that love, that is why her happiness will always be a priority for me. Frank and Bobby will always be connected but I just want Ruthy to be happy” Alf said

“I know love but you put me in a position to choose Ruth over Bobby and now Bobby hates me for it and that hurts because I want the same” Ailsa aid

Anyway it doesn’t matter now…Bobby is gone and hopefully she will have a new life with Danny” Alf said

Ailsa didn’t respond, she just looked at Alf and sighed.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Carly opened the door “Can I come in” she said to Bobby who was lying on the bed

“Yeah sure” Bobby said as she got up

“How are you?” Carly said

“Fine, my head hurts a bit. Luckily the only place I have a bruise is on my heart” Bobby said as she smiled

“Here” Carly said then she gave Bobby the bear

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Your dad asked me to give you this” Carly said as she handed Bobby the envelope

Bobby took it then put it on the bed

Carly looked at the dress hanging on the wardrobe door. “Have you made up your mind about tomorrow night?”

“No…I don’t think I will go” Bobby said as she lay back on the pillow

“Is it because Frank and I are going?” Carly said

“No” Bobby said

“I wish you two can just talk things out. It feels like old times all of us living together again” Carly said

“There is nothing to talk about, he hurt me, I hurt him, we are even…there is nothing else to be said” Bobby said and hugged the bear

“I am supposed to start school in the evenings tomorrow but I don’t think I will ever pass. I am not brainy like you” Carly said with a smile

“So what are you going to do?” Bobby said

“I am going to find a job somewhere, maybe try the Sands Resort. I want to save some money and get a place of my own” Carly said

“Good for you” Bobby said and smiled

“What about you?” Carly said

“I don’t know, what I do know is that  I am tired of crying. I have cried so much this last year Carly” Bobby said

“Sorry” Carly said

“It’s not your fault…who am I kidding, I am Bobby Simpson…nothing comes together for me… I thought finally all my dreams were coming true…dreams that I had since I was a little girl….Frank and I were supposed to be trying for a baby this year…” Bobby said then started crying

Carly moved over towards Bobby and hugged her as she cried

“I am so tired of this Carly…I am so tired of this” Bobby said as she cried

“Everything will be ok” Cary said as she consoled her Sister

“No it won’t Carly, things never work out for me… look at my life. Frank was the one constant in my life…only to find out that he never really loved me…married me on the rebound. I told Roo to go after him because I thought it would make it easier to deal with” Bobby said

“Maybe Brett sending the dress is a sign that things are going to get better” Carly said

“I thought that was why Danny came back” Bobby said as she wiped her face with her shirt

“I think you should go with Brett, I will do your hair up really nice and do your makeup” Carly said

Bobby didn’t respond

“Matt is working so I won’t be able to be with him, you and I can have fruit juice and dance..they are having a live band and everything” Carly said

“I don’t know Carly, I am still not feeling 100%, my body is still sore” Bobby said

“Please Bobby, I didn’t get to go to the last Cocktail party and nothing ever happens around here” Carly said

“I’ll think about it” Bobby said

“Please please please please please please please please please please please” Carly said

Bobby smiled “Ok”

Carly hugged Bobby “Thank you…I have a good feeling that everything will work out ok” Carly said as she got up off the bed “Tomorrow you are going to tell me that you had a great time” Carly said as she left the room

Bobby looked at the letter on the bed….she wasn’t ready to read what her dad said. Bobby got up off the bed and walked towards the door as she got to the door and was about to walk in the direction of the bathroom…she bumped into Frank….

Stewart Sr Residence

Emotional background music

Celia opened her wardrobe and looked at the dresses hanging. It had been a long time since she had been to a cocktail party or to any formal party. Celia closed the door and walked over to the dressing table and sat down. She looked at herself, she took the pins out of her hair and let her hair fall to her shoulders.

Celia remembered the days when she was quite popular with the young men in town, similar to her niece Ruth then she met Les and he was all she wanted…..the happiest day of her life was when Les proposed…they were going to get married as soon as he came home from the war..then she got the news that he had been killed and her life fell apart and now she is alone. Celia tried to pick up the pieces and thought of the men she had met over the years after Les was killed…some she liked more than others but after a while they lost interest or had to go away and she was left alone again..Celia  got up off the chair and walk over to her bed and sat down…she wrapped her dressing gown around her tight and lay on her side as a tear dropped from her eye….

Emotional background music ends

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Sorry” Bobby said as her forehead touched Franks shoulder then she walked around him and towards the bathroom. Frank watched as Bobby closed the door, looked left into her room and into the mirror at the reflection of the dress hanging on the wardrobe door…this got Frank really annoyed as he walked down the stairs

“Hey Frankie” Martin said as he stuffed some bread into his mouth

Frank looked at him

“Do you want to go halves on a limo for tomorrow night?” Martin said as he chewed

“Why? There is a car outside” Frank said

“I know but this is a big deal” Frank said

“I am not spending more money” Frank said as he sat next to Sally on the couch

“What do you mean? You haven’t spent any money, hey Carly, Danielle who went to school with you is back in town working at her parents Tuxedo store, she’s got the hots for Frank so gave him his suite for free” Martin said

Frank looked down at Sally who was snuggled under his arm but looking up at him

“Did you do your promise?” Sally said

“Not yet” Frank said smiling

“You promised” Sally said

“I know, I will do it tomorrow” Frank said and kissed Sally on her head and she snuggled into him tighter and he smiled

Carly laughed. “Yeah, she always had a crush on Frank”

“Frankie boy, how do you juggle all these women” Martin said

“I have a wife, I don’t need to juggle any other women” Frank sid

“Yeah, as long as you remember who you are married to “ Martin said and started laughing

“Did you want something?” Frank said not amused

“I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out to the Resort for some drinks. Lance is being a dag, all depressed over Marilyn coming back

“Alright…just one drink” Frank said “I am going to change my shirt, Ill meet you outside” Frank said

“Ill take you to school in the morning alright?” Frank said to Sally then kissed her cheek

“Ok” Sally said then smiled

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Summer Bay is still the crap hole its always been” Danielle said as she sipped her drink

“You should move to the City, I told you” Danielle’s cousin Nikki said as she put some peanuts in her mouth

“Yeah I know, just trying to get some money together hopefully I make a good impression tomorrow and I get hired here full time. Anything beats working at the shop” Danielle said as she rolled her eyes

“I haven’t been here for a while, what are the guys like now?” Nikki said

“Same as when you were last here…terrible” Danielle said then she laughed

“Maybe not all” Nikki said and she pointed to Martin and Frank at the door and smiled

“First round on you” Frank said to Martin as he sat at the bar. Martin annoyingly put his hand in his pocket and took some more out and ordered two beers

“Twice in one day, must be fate” Danielle said as she stood next to Frank

Frank looked to his right and looked at Danielle standing there. She looked very different from how she did earlier, her long blonde hair was loosely curled, she had on a dress that was low cut at the front and she looked attractive. Frank nodded as he took a sip of his beer

“My cousin and I wanted to know if you would like to join us, we have a table over there” Danielle said as she pointed to where her cousin sat. Martin followed Danielle’s hand over to the table where another gorgeous blond was seated.

“Yeah we would love to” Martin said and hit Frank

“I wasn’t inviting you Martin” Danielle said

“well you have no choice, Frank goes, I go” Martin said as Frank laughed  “Come on mate, the cousin is breaking my heart” Frank looked at Martin shook his head then got up…he didn’t see any harm just sitting with them…

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“I convinced Bobby to go tomorrow night with Brett” Carly said to Pippa as they sat on the couch. Sally and Christopher were sleeping and Steve was in his room.

“That is great news” Pippa said

“Pippa she is so heartbroken…she said her and Frank were supposed to be trying for a baby this year” Carly said

Pippa sighed

“Why won’t he talk to her?” Carly said

“I don’t know…I tried but he just doesn’t want to know…I just hope things don’t end up being uncomfortable for the next week” Pippa said

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Frank took a swig of his beer, Martin and Nikki were in deep conversation. He kept thinking about the dress hanging on the wardrobe door that Bobby will probably wear to be with Brett

“So does your wife know you are out on a school night?” Danielle said which interrupted Frank’s thoughts

“Nothing wrong with having a drink with a friend” Frank said

“So we are friends?” Danielle said

Frank shook his head and laughed.

Danielle ran her finger along Frank’s thigh…”We can be more than Friends if you want” Danielle said as she looked at Frank

“So you gave me a free Tux and now I am supposed to return the favour?” Frank said looking at Danielle

“Something like that” Danielle said

Frank laughed

“I cant believe Summer Bay has a place like here, it was awful growing up around here, nothing to do…..but it was always nice seeing you when you came to the school” Danielle said

“Must have been weird dating Roo then Bobby then Roo again” Danielle said and laughed

Frank took a swig of his beer, he didn’t respond

“Every Year 12 girl was jealous of Bobby when you two got together…trying to figure out what she had that was so special” Danielle said

Frank looked at Danielle

“She must’ve done something very bad to drive you back to Roo but…I would’ve treated you like a King” Danielle said and ran her finger along Frank’s thigh again

Frank put his hand in his pocket and took out his wallet..he took $25 out and put it on Danielle’s lap

“What is this for?” Danielle said

“Now I don’t owe you anything” Frank said then got up “I am leaving Martin, you ready?” Frank said as he looked at Nikki and Martin having a conversation

“Alright Mate, see you tomorrow “ Martin said winking at Frank who shook his head and walked off

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

The house was quiet when Frank opened the door…everyone must be asleep. He closed the door quietly behind him. His heart was beating fast as he walked to the stairs and slowly walked up them until he got to the top and paused. He walked towards the spare room and stood outside the door. He lifted his hand up to knock then stopped. He pressed his forehead on the door for a few minutes, sighed then slowly walked away

Next Day

Diner- Summer Bay

“Hello Marilyn, what can I get you this morning? Ailsa said as she came out of the kitchen

“Hello Mrs Stewart, just a tea please” Marilyn said and sat at the counter

Carly watched as she sat down, she picked up two plates from the table and walked towards the kitchen

“If you finish up at 6 will that give you enough time to get ready? Ailsa said to Carly as she put the cup of tea in front of Marilyn

“Yes that will be fine. Frank and I are going to get to the party at 7:30pm” Carly said

“Will that be alright for you Matt?” Ailsa said in the direction of the kitchen

“Yes, the temp staff have to there at 6:30pm. I will pick up my uniform at lunch time” Matt said as he walked towards the front.

“Mrs Stewart, what time in Lance starting work?” Marilyn said

“Lance is starting at 9:30, he should be here any minute” Ailsa said as Frank walked through the door

“Hello Frank” Ailsa said

“G’day, just a coffee please” Frank said then he walked over to the booth and sat down

Ailsa and Carly looked at each other

“Ill get it, have you got your dress ready Mrs Stewart?” Carly said

“I have something ready…probably wont be as nice as yours” Ailsa said with a smile

“I am sure I wont be the head turner tonight” Carly said as she walked over to Frank with the cup and some milk

Ailsa reached in the cupboard and pulled out her bag when she looked up she was met with a smile from someone she was not expecting

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“So what is the plan today?” Pippa said as she ate some toast. Christopher was in his high chair eating his toast but had spread jam on his face

“I know Carly told you I am going to go with Brett” Bobby said with a smile

“I am glad” Pippa said smiling

“What if you see Frank there? Pippa

“We have nothing to say to each other so there shouldn’t be any problems” Bobby said

“I wish the two of you would speak to each other” Pippa said

“There is nothing to say Pippa, he hurt me, I got him angry so I guess we are even” Bobby said as she took two tablets

“What about your Dad?” Bobby said

“He gave Carly a letter to give to me, I have not read it yet” Bobby said

“Maybe you should” Pippa said

“I am not ready yet…What time is your appointment?” Bobby said

“11:30…I hope Frank gets back soon” Pippa said

“Do you want me to go with you?” Bobby said

“Thanks but I need to do this alone…can you look after Christopher?” Pippa said

“Of course, I don’t mind spending a few hours with this little monster” Bobby said as she rustled Christopher’s hair

I just thought of something, how will Brett know to pick me up from here?’ Bobby said

“Good question” Pippa said and they both smiled

Diner-Summer Bay

“Brett Macklin, I didn’t expect to see you around here” Ailsa said

“Nice to see you too, Mr Stewart” Brett said with a smile “This is a great place” Brett said looking around

“Great” Frank said

“What?” Carly said and Frank pointed his head in the direction of Brett

“How can I help you?” Ailsa said

“Is Bobby here?’ Brett said

“Bobby? No she isn’t here” Ailsa said confused

“Do you know what time she will be here?” Brett said

“No I don’t” Ailsa said

“Brett she is at the house at the Caravan Park” Carly said as Frank gave her a mean look and Ailsa looked at her confused.

Brett turned around “Thanks Carly, how are you?” Brett said as he walked over to the booth

“Good” Carly said

“Nice to see you Frank” Brett said with a smile

Frank nodded his head as he drank his coffee

“I am attending a cocktail party at the Sands this evening, I think it would be a good idea if you came since you were a big part of the project getting moving” Brett said

“Yes, I am attending with Carly” Frank said

“Good,  well I will see you there” Brett said then smiled

“I noticed the shop isn’t there anymore, is there anywhere else around to get flowers” Brett said to Carly

“Yes, Mr Stewarts store is just a few kilometers down the road” Carly said as she point in the direction

“Thanks” Brett said and smiled

Ailsa said as she put her bag on her shoulder and walked towards Carly

“What was that about with Brett and Bobby?” Ailsa

“I’m sorry Mrs Stewart, you have to ask Bobby” Carly said as she walked towards the counter

“Don’t ask me” Frank said as he sipped his coffee

Ailsa looked at Frank then walked in the direction of the door

General Store- Summer Bay

“Ill be with you in a minute” Alf said with his back turned. When he turned around, he was shocked to see Brett Macklin

“What are you doing here? Alf said

“Nice to see you too Mr Stewart” Brett said with a smile “I see lots of things have changed since I was last in Summer Bay..this is a great shop” Brett said with a smile as he looked around

“What do you want?” Alf said

“Just a single red Rose please” Brett said as he pointed to the Roses

Alf walked over to the flowers and picked one red Rose, he returned to the counter and wrapped the Rose and gave it to Brett

“Since you can’t be bothered to ask, Ruthy doesn’t live here anymore” Alf said

“Yes, I know. I saw Frank Morgan last week and he told me they are married and living in New York” Brett said

“Yes they are very happy” Alf said

“I always knew that they would get back together at some point…I am happy for them” Brett said

“Well when Frank and Bobby’s marriage didn’t work out, they decided to give it a try” Alf said

“Frank and Bobby were married?”  Brett said surprised

“Yeah” Alf said

Brett took $10 out of his pocket and gave it to Alf “Well it was nice seeing you, keep the change” Brett said and smiled as he walked out.

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby picked up the plates from the table and walked towards the kitchen. She turned on the tap at the sink and began washing them

Pippa wiped Christopher’s face which made his giggle

“Knock at the Door”

Pippa turned around and saw Brett standing at the door Pippa got up

“Hello Brett how are you, come in” Pippa said as she opened the door for Brett

“Wonderful Thank you Mrs Fletcher, how are you?” Brett said as he entered the house

“Good thanks Brett” Pippa said with a smile

“Bobby, you have a visitor” Pippa said

Bobby came out of the kitchen and saw Brett smiling at her

“Ill be upstairs cleaning up Christopher” Pippa said as she picked up Christopher and headed towards the stairs

“Hi” Bobby said

“Hello” Brett said smiling as he walked towards Bobby and kissed her cheek

“This is for you” Brett said as he gave Bobby the Rose

“Thank you” Bobby said smiling

“Have a seat, do you want a drink or something to eat?’ Bobby said

“I cant stay long. I have to be at the Resort, I have a meeting with the General Manager in 30 mins. You look beautiful” Brett said as he looked at Bobby. She was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Her legs looked amazing

“Oh no, I was in a car accident on Monday so I feel a mess” Bobby said

“Sorry to hear that…You look great…more beautiful than I remember” Brett said with a smile

“Thank you” Bobby said, Brett looked really good. He was wearing navy trousers and a white and navy striped shirt.

“Sorry for turning up here, I went to the Diner and Carly said you will be here” Brett said

“How did you know to find me at the Diner?” Bobby said

“I saw Frank Morgan last week , I asked about you and he told me you are a business woman and you were part owner of the Diner

Bobby smiled

Frank opened the door and saw Brett and Bobby standing by the dining table. He squeezed past them and went and sat on the couch

“Did you like the gift I sent?” Brett said

“You really didn’t have to do all of that” Bobby said

“You are worth it, so….will you be my date?” Brett said as he held Bobby’s hand

“Yes, I will go with you” Bobby said

“I will pick you up from here at 7:30pm if that is ok?” Brett said

“Yes that is fine” Bobby said

Frank sat on the couch feeling himself getting really angry. He got up and walked over to the desk and picked up the newspaper and sat down and looked through it

“I cant wait until tonight to see you, let me take you on a picnic for lunch…this time I hope you don’t leave me” Brett said

Bobby laughed

“I would love to  but I am on babysitting duties” Bobby said

“That’s just too bad…I guess I will have to miss you until tonight” Brett said as he kissed Bobby's hand

“Ill see you later” Brett said as he turned to walk away

“Oh by the way, how did you know my shoe size and the dress size?” Bobby said

“When you want something bad enough, you do everything in your power to get it” Brett said then he winked

Frank shook his head

Bobby smiled and turned around to see Frank giving her a mean look. Bobby walked towards the pantry, picked up an empty flower vase, filled it with some water and put the Rose in.

“Has Brett gone?” Pippa said as she came through the door

“Yes, he gave me this Rose” Bobby said as Pippa smelled it

“He is picking me up at 7:30pm” Bobby said

“You are going to have a wonderful time…I know it” Pippa said as Frank got up off the couch looked at both Pippa and Bobby and walked towards the door and went out.

Pippa sighed then pulled Bobby into a hug.

"Ignore him...you will have a wonderful time, I can feel it" Pippa said then kissed the top of Bobby's head

Bobby sighed.

Chapter 57

Diner-Summer Bay

Carly stood by the kitchen door and watched as Matt put the order in the fridge. “You haven’t said anything to me since you got back from the City” Carly said as she walked into the kitchen

“We have been busy” Matt said as he put milk in the fridge and ticked it off the list in his hand

“I thought maybe you had second thoughts about me” Carly said as she looked down in the floor

“Matt stopped what he was doing, put the list on the table and walked over to Carly

“Hey” Matt said as he lifted Carly’s face with his fingers then bent down and gave her a kiss. Carly smiled “You have a customer” Matt said then turned Carly around

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby stared at Christopher as he played on the floor

Flashback

Frank-“We need to talk about when we are going to start a family”

Bobby-“Frank we just got married”

Frank –“And?”

Bobby- “I thought maybe we can wait a while”

Frank –“You don’t want to have children?”

Bobby-“No, that isn’t what I meant, Ailsa and I just started the Diner and you are still working your way up in Macklin’s, we hardly get to see each other, how can we bring a baby into this?”

Frank –“I didn’t say we should have a baby right now”

Bobby –“So what are you saying?”

Frank- “Look, things are going well for me and the Diner is doing good, lets start saving so by next year, we can start our family and have enough saved up so you don’t have to work full time

Bobby-“I was thinking the same thing about saving money but I was hoping to do that so I can go to Uni next year”

Frank “Not this again”

Bobby “Frank, I have to have a life too”

Frank- “So having a life means forgetting that you are married and have responsibilities at home?”

Bobby- “Frank you are not being fair…. “

Frank-“And you are?”

Bobby  “Frank I don’t want to fight…I just want something for myself too”

Frank-“You have something…me”

Bobby –“Come on, you know what I mean”

Frank –“Ok, let’s start saving then after you have the baby, I promise to get a transfer to the City and we will figure a way out for you to go to Uni”

Bobby-“You promise?”

Frank –“I promise”

Bobby “Ok, let’s have babies”

Frank –“I think we should start practicing”

Bobby –“practicing what?’

Frank–“…having a baby”

Bobby- “Now?I think we are pretty good at it”

Frank-“ Nah, I think I need more practice….I love you”

Bobby –“I love you and  I cant wait to have babies with you”

“Knock on the door”

The knock at the door brought Bobby back to the present. When she looked a the door, Ailsa was standing there

“Mrs Fletcher?’ The receptionist said as she walked into the waiting room. Pippa stood up and walked in the direction of the nurse

“Hello Mrs Fletcher, please follow me” The receptionist said as she walked out of the waiting room and down the corridor. She stopped when she got to a door and knocked on it

“Come in” was heard from the inside then the receptionist opened the door

“Ahh hello Mrs Fletcher, my name is Dr Letts, please come in and have a seat” Dr Letts, walked around his desk as Pippa walked in. The receptionist closed the door and Pippa sat down on the couch.

“I am not sure why I have to be here” Pippa said

“Well after reading your notes, it was recommended that we see each other just for a few weeks just until we feel you are ok to be on your own” Dr Letts said

“I feel fine” Pippa said

“That is great to hear and good place to start” Dr Letts said with a smile

Sands Resort Summer Bay

Matt tapped his car key on the desk then Alison looked up

“Yes, how can I help you?” Alison said with a smile

“I’ve come to pick up my uniform for tonight” Matt said irritated

“Is that right?” Ailson said with a smile

“Look I don’t have time, just get the uniform” Matt said

“Ok ok, no need get angry” Alison said then she walked off

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“How are you?’ Ailsa said

“Fine” Bobby said as she gave Christopher some fruit

“Pippa and Carly told me what happened…I am really sorry. I thought things were going to work out with Danny” Ailsa said

“Maybe they would’ve if I didn’t find your letter then I wouldn’t be sitting here with stiches in my head” Bobby said

“What do you mean?” Ailsa said

“The letter you wrote, Danny didn’t give it to  me, he read it then hid it in his bag. I accidently found it then things escalated from there” Bobby said

“Bobby I am sorry…really sorry. I came over on Monday morning, I just wanted to tell you that I was sorry…I didn’t mean for any of the to happen” Ailsa said

They both looked towards the door when they heard it open. Frank walked in with an angry look on his face..he went to the fridge, opened it, took out some juice, slammed the door and went out again

Ailsa looked at Bobby “Maybe you should consider moving back to Donald’s” Ailsa said

“Why? Don’t worry Ailsa, he stays in one of the vans, we don’t talk to each other….I have no intention of breaking up your daughters marriage” Bobby said

“That is not what I meant” Ailsa was interrupted

“Lately its never what you mean…did you want something? Otherwise I would like you to leave” Bobby said

“Bobby why cant we fix this?’ Ailsa said

“Because you are involving yourself and taking sides” Bobby said

“Ok, what do you want me to say?” Ailsa said

“Nothing, just say nothing. I didn’t ask you for your opinion, I didn’t ask you for your advise..” Bobby said

Frank came back in the house with some clothes that he put on the dining table. He went to the laundry room and brought out a laundry basket and watched Bobby and Ailsa as they  talked

“Ok can we talk about the Diner now that you are back?” Ailsa said

“What about it?” Bobby said

“Will you be coming back to work?” Ailsa said

“If I do, I don’t know how long for… I need to make some decisions about my future….I have some money saved, I want to go to Uni” Bobby said

“That’s wonderful news” Ailsa said

“Thanks..I don’t know how everything will work…I don’t know where I will go or what I will do yet” Bobby said

“Well at least you are going and that is the main thing…nothing to hold you back” Ailsa said

Frank slammed the door on the washing machine as Ailsa and Bobby looked at each other

“Yeah” Bobby said

Brett Macklin came by to the diner looking for you” Ailsa said

“Yes, he came by here earlier” Bobby said

“I didn’t know that you kept in touch with him” Ailsa said

“I don’t, he sent me a dress, a bag and shoes and asked me to be his date for the cocktail party tonight” Bobby said

“Are you going with him? Ailsa said

“Yes, I am” Bobby said..she could see that Ailsa wanted to give her a lecture

“Right…well I guess I wil see you there, Alf and I will be going. Is Pippa going?” Ailsa said

“No, just Carly and ..” Bobby pointed in the direction of the laundry room

“Do you think she will mind looking after Duncan for a few hours? I was going to ask Celia but she is going?” Ailsa said

“I dont think it will be a problem, Steve will be home and Floss and Nev are around..Pippa has gone out, she will be back soon.  You can call her later” Bobby said

“Ok, I will…Bobby…I really am sorry about everything” Ailsa said

“I don’t want to hide here forever, I will be at the diner tomorrow” Bobby said

“Are you sure?” Ailsa said

“Yes…I was wondering if there is a way for us to keep Carly on…she won’t be going back to school and I will be leaving soon” Bobby said

“I guess I will have to break the news to Lance..he has been really helpful” Ailsa said

“Well I cant do any heavy lifting for a few weeks, my body still hurts so I can’t work full time so maybe Carly can do some of my shifts until she finds another job or something” Bobby said

“Sounds good” Ailsa said. “I guess I will see you later, I have an appointment at the hairdressers” Ailsa said as she got up and walked towards the door

“Ok” Bobby said

“Frank” Ailsa said as Frank came out of the laundry room

Ailsa opened the door and went out, Frank stared at Bobby. Bobby looked at him then rustled Christopher’s hair as he smiled at her

“That wasn’t so bad was it? Dr Letts said

Pippa smiled

“Is this time next week ok?” Dr Letts said

Dr Letts got up and walked to his desk then picked up his phone

“Linda, please make an appointment for Mrs Fletcher when she comes out” Dr lets said then put the phone down

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Frank turned around to see Martin standing at the door

“Mate you missed a wild night last night with Nikki and Danielle…that Nikki is something else, you should’ve stayed…Danielle really has the hots for you” Martin said as he walked into the house and saw Bobby

“Oh…G’day Bobby…didn’t see you there…I thought you left town with Danny and his friends” Martin said

“I guess you thought wrong” Bobby said as Frank and Martin sat the dinner table as Martin looked at Bobby

“I just wanted to finalize the details for tonight…but can we talk outside?” Martin said

“Why?” Frank said to Martin who was feeling uncomfortable

“No reason……Don’t be mad but I kinda told Alison that you would be taking her to the cocktail party tonight” Martin said while looking at Bobby from the corner of his eye

“WHAT? I told you that I wasn’t taking her, what is the matter with you?” Frank said

“I know you’re not but she doesn’t know that…I got her thinking you would so she would get me an invite to the party and she fell for it” Martin said laughing

Frank leaned back in the chair, crossed his arms and shook his head

“So what time are we leaving tonight…I don’t want to miss out on meeting any hot chicks” Martin said

“7:15pm…why do you want to meet more chicks, didn’t you have a good night with Nikki?” Frank said

“Yeah but she lives in the City” Martin said as he looked at Bobby

Pippa opened the door and walked into the house

“Hi , how are you? Ailsa came by earlier, she wanted to know if you would mind looking after Duncan for a few hours this evening, her and Alf are going to the cocktail party” Bobby said as she stood up

“I am fine, I don’t mind looking after Duncan” Pippa said as she walked towards Christopher

“He needs changing” Bobby said and smiled as Pippa picked up Christopher and they walked towards the stairs

“I don’t know how you do it” Martin said

“Do what?” Frank said

“Get these women to fall in love and stay in love with you” Martin said

“Danielle isn’t in love with me” Frank said and started laughing

“I wasn’t talking about her” Martin said still looking in the direction of the door

Frank didn’t respond

“Anyway I will see you later…I want to try and get some sleep before this evening’s festivities” Martin said scratching his head then he got up and walked towards the door and out

General Store-Summer Bay

“Be with you in a minute” Alf said as he walked around the corner

“Strewth…what are you doing here?” Alf said

“Nice to see you too, Brother Dearest” Morag said as she half smiled at Alf

“First Brett Macklin turns up and now you” Alf said

“Brett is in town?” Morag said

“Yes, he stopped by here earlier

“Hmmm and how is Ailsa?” Morag said putting her glasses on top of her head

“Ailsa is fine” Alf said

“I am sure you see that atrocious daughter of mine” Morag said

“Actually, Bobby left town with Danny, they are engaged” Alf said

“They deserve each other” Morag said

“How is Ruth?” Morag said smiling

“She is fine, her and Frank got married a few months ago in New York. She got a job in public relations” Al said smiling

“I thought Frank Morgan was going to be a no hoper but he turned his life around to be just the type of man suitable to marry Ruth” Morag said as she looked around the shop.

“Why are you here Morag?’ Alf said

“Don’t worry Alf, I am only here until tomorrow, I have an investment in the Sands Resort and will be attending the Cocktail Party” Morag said and smiled

Diner-Summer Bay

“Mate, just go and talk to her, she has been sitting there since this morning, taking up a customer place” Matt said to Lance as they looked at Marilyn sitting at the booth

“She isn’t here to see me” Lance said as he calculated an order

“Well she isn’t here to see me” Matt said getting irritated

“Ok, I will talk to her” Lance said as he walked over to the table, gave the customers their bill then walked over to Marilyn

“Youre taking up the place of a customer” Lance said

“Ill leave only if you agree to talk to me” Marilyn said

“Come by the house at 7:30, Marty is going out this evening” Lance said

“Ok, I will be there, thank you” Marilyn said then she got up and left

Summer Bay

“How was school?” Frank said as he looked in the rear view mirror at Sally. She had been quiet since he picked her up

“Ok” Sally said looking out the window

“Sal, is there something wrong?” Frank said concerned

“No” Sally said as Frank parked the car

“Are you going to help Carly and Bobby get ready for the party?” Frank said

Sally shrugged her shoulders then got out of the car and walked towards the house

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby lay on her bed…she looked at her Dad’s letter on the night stand. She wasn’t ready to read anything he had to say. Bobby could hear someone coming up the stairs, sounded like Sally Bobby thought to herself. She had only 3 ½ Hours until Brett came to pick her up.

“I am going to try and forget everything that has happened this last year and try and have a good time” Bobby said to herself.  As she lay on her bed and smiled….a tear dropped from her eye.

“Pippa there is something wrong with Sal, she has been really quiet since I picked her up from school” Frank said to Pippa who looked confused

“I will go up and talk to her in a minute….I want to talk to you first” Pippa said to Frank as he sat opposite her

“Oh I forgot to ask, how was the appointment?” Frank said

“Good, I go again next week and until the Dr thinks I will be ok on my own” Pippa said

“That’s great” Frank said

“Frank, please stop what you are doing” Pippa said

“Excuse me? What I am doing?” Frank said looking confused

“Yes Frank, leave Bobby alone” Pippa said

“I haven’t done anything to her” Frank said

“Frank…” Pippa said

Frank sighed

“Tonight when she goes to the cocktail party, let her enjoy herself…” Pippa said

Frank tapped his finger on his knee

“Frank, I am serious….leave her alone!” Pippa said almost raising her voice

Frank looked shocked because Pippa wasn’t normally like that

“Ok” Frank said as he watched Pippa get up and go upstairs

Summer Bay High School

Donald looked at the phone…he was hoping that Bobby would’ve been in touch now. He picked up the phone and dialed

“Summer Bay Caravan Park” Frank said when he answered the phone

“Ummm Frank, can I speak to Bobby” Donald said

“No” Frank said and smiled

“Is Pippa there” Donald said

“No” Frank said

“Frank please..” Donald said

Frank put the phone .

Donald looked at the phone upset then put the receiver down and looked out of the window

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Sal, can I come in?” Pippa said as she opened Sally’s door and found her lying on her bed

“Frank said there might be something going on” Pippa said as she sat on the bed

Sally gave Pippa a letter and turned around. Pippa read the letter…it was an invitation to a Daddy and Daughter dance at Sally’s school. Pippa sighed

“I don’t have a Daddy to take me” Sally said as she sat up and started crying

“Oh Sally” Pippa said comforting Sally and trying not to cry herself

“I can take you if you like” Pippa said pulling away from comforting Sally

Sally shook her head. “No Mum’s allowed” Sally said wiping her face

"Are you sure? maybe Mrs Patterson will allow it just this once?" Pippa said stroking Sally's hair

"Its ok, I dont want to go" Sally said lying down

Pippa watched helplessly

Sand’s Resort-Summer Bay

“Here is your room key Mrs Bellingham…you room is on the second floor. The elevator is just around the corner” The receptionist said

“Thank you” Morag said as she picked up her bag from the floor and the key from the desk. Morag walked towards the elevator while looking around. She wasn’t sure why she was convinced to invest but the Hotel looks nice and she gets free accommodation as a perk so it might come in handy. Morag pressed the elevator and as the door opened, she was met with a very familiar face.

Diner- Summer Bay

“The time is going really slow” Carly said as she wiped the counter for the 5th time. There was 30 mins left until she could leave, Luckily, Lance drove so it would only take 5 minutes to get home so she can start getting ready then do Bobby’s hair and makeup

Matt walked up to Carly and stood behind her “I cant wait to see what you are wearing tonight” Matt said then kissed her neck. Carly giggled then looked at Lance who was standing and staring at where Marilyn was sitting.

“I feel bad for him” Carly said to Matt who looked at Lance then shook his head and walked back to the kitchen to start turning things off to get ready to close

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“The last person I expect to see in Summer Bay” Morag said

“I appear to be getting this same reaction from all the Stewarts today”  Brett said then he smile

“Nice to see you Mrs Bellingham…I assume you are here for the party” Brett said

“Yes I am..and you?’ Morag said

“Amongst other things…Yes…well I guess I will see you later” Brett said and smiled. Morag got into the elevator and watched as Brett went over to the reception desk

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Did you find out what is wrong with Sal?” Frank said as he walked into the house and put his towel over his shoulder

“Her school is having a Daddy and Daughter Dance on Saturday” Pippa said as checked the pie in the oven

“Oh…I can take her” Frank said

“She doesn't want to go” Pippa said

“Why?....I will go and talk to her” Frank said

“Frank..about earlier…I am sorry” Pippa said

“You don t need to apologize…I needed that. I am going to take a shower before they start getting ready” Frank said then smiled and walked towards the stairs

Stewart Sr Residence

As Celia removed the rollers from her hair, each curl fell to her shoulders. When all the rollers were out, Celia picked up her brush and brushed all her hair to one side then picked up a comb clip with glitter around the edge and slid it into her hair. Celia applied a bit of lipstick to her mouth and rubbed her lips together….satisfied with her face..she got up and walked to her closet to pick out her dress

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Can I come in” Frank said as he walked into Sally’s room

“Pippa told me you have a party to go to on Saturday...do you need a a date?” Frank said as he smiled at Sally

No, I am not going” Sally said

"Why not?" Frank said

Sally shrugged

"Tom isnt here but I can take you if you like" Frank said

Saly shrugged

“How about you and me go shopping on Friday after school to get you a new dress?” Frank said

Sally’s face lit up “Yes please” Sally said and jumped into Franks arms

"So are we going?" Frank said

"Yes...I love you Frank" Sally said as she kissed Frank on the cheek

Frank smiled

“I am sorry I have to rush Pip but thank you for looking after Duncan” Ailsa said

“That’s fine, have a great time” Pippa said as Carly came rushing through the door

“Hi, bye, got to get ready” Carly said and ran upstairs

“How is everything here?” Ailsa said

Pippa shook her head and sighed

“Frank?” Ailsa said

Pippa nodded her head

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Brett wiped his hair, it was still wet after the shower. He put his shirt on, buttoned it up then  tucked it into his trousers. He walked over to the chest of drawers and picked up the bottle of aftershave and sprayed generously. He walked into the bathroom and looked at himself in the mirror. He picked up the bowtie on the side of the sink and put it on then smiled to himself. Brett the walked over to the phone in the room and picked up the receiver and dialed the reception

“Hello this is Brett Macklin in the honey room suite, can I please have someone come in and tidy up the room at 7:00pm?...great, thanks” Brett put the phone down and smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Frank tied is bowtie then looked at himself in the mirror

Flashback

Pippa-“Tonight when she goes to the cocktail party, let her enjoy herself…”

“Frank” hearing his name brought Frank back to the present

“Hmm” he said

“Can you and I do something before you go back to New York?” Steve said

“What do you mean” Frank mean

“I mean, you are taking Carly out tonight, you are going out with Sally on Saturday” Steve said

Frank smiled “Sure, what do you want to do? He said looking at Steve

“I don’t know, maybe go to the City or something” Steve said

“Ok, you plan it and Ill be there” Frank said as Steve smiled as Frank walked out of the room with his jacket in hand

“Wow Carly…you look beautiful” Pippa said as Sally nodded

“Thank you…..now lets go and get Bobby ready” Carly said as she got up from the dressing table

Patterson Residence-Summer Bay

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Mrs Patterson said to Allison

"A work party" Allison said as she admired herself in the mirror. She was wearing a short blue velvet dress, her hair was curled and her shoes were nice. "Frank I hope you like your surprise" Allison said to herself and smiled

Stewart Residence

“You look beautiful love” Alf said as Ailsa walked out of the bedroom. Ailsa had her curly hair straightened into waves and pinned at the side.  She wore a cream knee length lace skirt and matching jacket. “Thanks love, you look good too” Ailsa said to Alf

“Knock at the door”

“That must be Celia” Alf said as he walked to the door

“I forgot to tell you…Morag is in time for the party tonight” Alf said as Ailsa sighed

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Let me fix it for you” Floss said as Martin was having difficulty fixing his bowtie

“Is Carly not ready yet?” Martin said looking at his watch

“She is helping Bobby get ready” Sally said as Frank put on his jacket

"Bobby is going to night?" Martin said?

Sally nodded her head

“knock at the door”

“Ill get it” Steve said as he walked to the door, opened it and saw Brett standing here

“Hi…Brett” Steve said surprised

“Hello Steve, nice to see you…is Bobby ready?”

“Yeah she will be down in a minute, come in” Carly said as she came into the room

Steve opened the door and Brett walked into the house

“Good evening everyone….Carly you look beautiful” Brett said

“Thanks” Carly said with a   smile

“Brett mate, didn’t know you are back in town” Martin said as he put his hand out for Brett

Brett smiled and shook his and put his other hand behind his back “I am just here until tomorrow” Brett said

Carly walked over to the stairs “BOBBY, BRETT IS HERE”

“You look beautiful Bobby” Pippa said

“Are you sure? Bobby said

“Yes, I am. I have a feeling that tonight is going to be the best night you have had in a long time…things can only get better from here” Pippa said then Bobby hugged her

“Thank you” Bobby said as Pippa walked towards the door then downstairs. Bobby sat on the bed and picked up Alan’s bear “I will try this again…Alan, please let this be the beginning of something new” Bobby kissed the bear and put it back on the bed. She put on her shoes and stood up and looked at herself one more time in the mirror…smiled… breathed in deeply then exhaled… picked up the bag…then headed for the door

While everyone was talking…Frank could hear Bobby slowly make her way down the stairs. When Bobby got to the bottom step she stopped and silently wished for a good night the exhaled and walked into the living room.

There was complete silence when Bobby entered the room. Bobby was wearing a black and silver long lace mermaid styled dress. The dress had a V back which exposed Bobby’s beautiful tanned skinned and the front V showed a hint of cleavage. Bobby wore open toed black heels and was holding a silver clutch bag. Carly had pulled all Bobby’s hair up into a loose bun at the top of her head, leaving the front out to frame her face

Frank felt his heart drop to his stomach…she took his breath away…

“Wow…you look amazing Bobby” Brett said as he walked forward

“I have something for you” he said and presented Bobby with a box

“What is this?” Bobby said

“Just a thank you gift for being my date” Brett said as Bobby took the box. Carly was so excited standing next to Bobby

“Open it” Carly said then Bobby handed her bag to her so she could open the box. When Bobby opened the box Carly gasped. The diamond necklace and earrings were beautiful.

“Let me put it on for you” Brett said

Pippa looked at Frank. He looked very sad as he watched Brett put the necklace on Bobby

Bobby could feel Frank looking at her but she didn’t look in his direction.

“Bobby You look like a Princess” Sally said

Bobby smiled and said “Thanks Sal” as Carly put the earrings in her ears

“Ready to go?” Brett said as he gestured for Bobby to put her arm in his

“Yes” Bobby said and smiled

“Would you like to come with us in the Limo? There is plenty of space” Brett said to Frank

“No thanks, Ill drive” Frank said and walked out of the house

“Carly looked at Frank angrily and walked off behind him with Martin following

“Good evening ladies” Brett said to Pippa, Sally and Floss and escorted Bobby to the limo.

“Have a great time all of you” Pippa said as she walked towards the door. She wished that all her children were smiling tonight…Frank was still visibly upset as he walked to the car. Pippa sighed

“He will be fine” Floss said as she stood behind Pippa

Background Music ends

Chapter 58

Summer Bay

Summer Bay

Brett looked at Bobby and clinked glasses with her

“You took my breath away when you came into the room just now” Brett said

Bobby smiled

“I am glad you came with me” Brett said

“I am glad too, I need the break after everything that has been happening lately” Bobby said as she sipped her orange juice from the champagne glass

Brett leaned over and kissed Bobby on the lips then smiled

“Thank you for this necklace” Bobby said as she reached up and touched the necklace

“I told you a long time ago..give me a chance…I will make every day as perfect as the way you look tonight” Brett said as Bobby smiled shyly

“I didn’t know that you were still in Summer Bay otherwise I would’ve got in touch sooner….when Frank came by the office, you wer the first person I asked about…but interesting enough, he never told me that you got married” Brett said sipping his champagne

Bobby sighed “He is probably embarrassed” she said looking down

“If I was married to you, the whole world would know…as a matter of fact, I am going to show you off to everybody tonight” Brett said as she stroked Bobby’s face

Bobby smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock at the door”

Lance got up from the couch and looked at the door…he opened the curtain to see Marilyn standing there. He slide open the door and walked back to the couch. Marilyn walked in then closed the door behind her.

“So what do you want?” Lance said as he sat on the couch

“I want to say I am sorry” Marilyn said

“Ok you said it, bye” Lance said

“That’s not all…I made a mistake by leaving but I wasn’t in love with Peter, he said he wanted to help me be famous and I believed him…he lied” Marilyn said

“So now you are back here expecting to say sorry and go back to how we were before?” Lance said

“If that is what you want” Marilyn said

“No its not what I want…” Lance said

“Do you want me to go” Marilyn said

“Yes” Lance said

“Cant we just be friends?” Marilyn said with tears in her eyes

“I don’t know…I am not ready” Lance said

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“This is really nice” Alf said as he Ailsa and Celia entered the Banquet Hall. The Live Band were playing music in the background. The Sands Resort were hosting this cocktail party as a networking event for local businesses as well as introducing them to the benefits of the resort, Food and drinks complimentary

“You look nice Sis” Alf said to Celia who stood next to him wearing a purple long sleeved long dress. Alf thought back to the times he would have to fight off the men off from dating his Sister when they were younger…he wished his Sister found someone so she would mind her own business and not everyone else’s

“Let me get us some drinks “ Alf said as he walked over to the bar

Sand’s Resort-Summer Bay

“I am sorry Sir but this isn’t an invitation” the security guard said to Martin

“What do you mean?, I was personally invited by Allison Patterson, she gave me this” Martin said as he pointed at what he thought was an invitation. Unfortunately, Martin didn’t open the envelope that Allison gave him otherwise he would’ve known that Allison didn’t give him an invitation, she gave him a pass for a complimentary massage after he had purchased a Day Spa

“I don’t think its going to stain, when we get into the Hotel, lets go up to my room and see if we can get it out” Brett said as the limousine pulled up to the entrance to the Sands Resort

“Ok” Bobby said as she smiled…she accidently spilled some Orange Juice on her dress. The Limousine driver opened the door and Brett got out, then he extended his hand to Bobby and she got out and they walked hand in hand to the entrance

“Having trouble getting in Martin?” Bobby said as her and Brett got to the entrance

“I’ll kill Allison, she was supposed to get me an invitation” Martin said disappointed

“Charles, he is my guest” Brett said to the security guard

Ok Mr Macklin” The guard said

“Cheers mate, I owe you one” Martin said as he walked inside behind Bobby and Brett

“What happened?” Frank said as Brett, Bobby and Martin walked up to him and Carly waiting inside

“Allison, she gave me a fake invite” Martin said annoyed then Frank started laughing

“You guys go ahead and enjoy yourselves, see you later” Brett said then he and Bobby walked towards the elevator. Frank watched as they walked away…he watched as Bobby’s dress hugged her every curve…he watched as Brett touched her lower back..

“Frank let’s go” Carly said as she touched Frank’s arm…feeling bad for him

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Are you Ok love?”  Floss said as she looked at Pippa staring at the floor

“Yes, sorry Floss..I was just thinking about Frank and hoping they are all having a good time”  Pippa said

“I hope so too. It will never be truly over between those two” Floss said

“I just wish they found a way to just get along” Pippa said

“They will be O.K. have a feeling that tonight will be good night” Floss said as she smiled

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Did you get it out?’ Brett said as he walked into the bathroom

“Yes, it’s all gone” Bobby said as she smiled, happy her dress is perfect again

“You ready to go?” Brett said as he stood in front of Bobby

“Yes” Bobby said

Brett kissed her lips then took her hand and escorted her to the door

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Knock at the Door”

“I wonder who that is” Pippa said as she walked towards the front door then opened it

“I am sorry it’s late Pippa” Donald said

“No it’s not late Donald, come in” Pippa said as she opened the door

“Hello Floss, sorry if I am interrupting” Donald said as he walked into the house

“Hello Donald, can I get you something to drink?” Floss said

“No, nothing thank you. I was hoping to see Bobby” Donald said

“Bobby isn’t here” Pippa said

“Where has she gone?” Donald said

“Bobby, Carly Frank and Martin have gone to the Cocktail Party at the Sands Resort” Pippa said

“Frank? I wouldn’t have thought that Bobby would’ve wanted to go” Donald said

“She didn’t but Brett Macklin sent her a lovely dress and she was convinced to go” Pippa said

“Brett Macklin?” Donald said surprised

“Yes, after everything that has happened, it was nice to see her smiling tonight” Pippa said

“She looked beautiful Donald” Floss said

Donald smiled

“Pippa did she tell you what happened”? Donald said

“Yes…but I would rather Bobby tell you” Pippa said as Donald looked disappointed

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

Ailsa tapped her foot to the music, the Live Band was very good. Alf had gone to get some snacks and Celia was talking to someone she knew

“Hello Ailsa” Ailsa heard and turned to see Morag standing in front of her smiling

“Morag” Ailsa said and turned her attention back to the band and tapped her finger on her glass

“Nice to see you, how is Duncan?” Morag said

“Fine” Ailsa said still focused on the band

“Well, I guess I will see you later” Morag said as Ailsa nodded her head

“There is Matt at the bar, let’s go over there” Carly said as her Frank and Martin walked over to the bar

“Brett is a nice guy, getting me in like that” Martin said as he walked behind Frank. Frank didn’t respond

“Hi” Carly said as she saw Matt. Matt gestured for Carly to step to the side

“You look beautiful. I wish I can dance all night with you” Matt said as Carly smiled

“Me too, maybe we can have a private dance later” Carly said

“I’m going to be thinking about it all night” Matt said then he winked

“Hi Frank” Frank looked to his right and saw Allison standing next to him, he looked her up and down, she was wearing a short dress. He nudged Martin, Martin looked to his right saw Allison, walked up to her and pushed her back

“Thanks a lot Allison, that fake invite was very funny” Martin said

“Calm down, you managed to get in so what is the problem” Allison said

“I only got in because of Brett Macklin…and the deal with Frank is off” Martin said as he smiled and walked back to where he was standing

“Are you having a good time?” Allison said as she walked back to Frank

Frank swigged his beer as he looked at the door….

“This band is rocking…hey Frank, we need to get together and play a few gigs before you leave” Martin said

“Yeah, you are really good Frank” Allison said

Frank didn’t respond…his eyes got wide as he looked at the door

Bobby and Brett walked into the Banquet hall, and all eyes were on them.

Allison crossed her arms as she looked at Bobby “Great…I thought she left town” Allison said under her breath

“I didn’t know that Bobby had it in her, she looks gorgeous” Martin said to Frank whose heart had dropped to his stomach

“Is that Bobby with Brett Macklin?” Celia said as she walked over to Alf and Ailsa

“Yes it is, she looks lovely” Ailsa said as Alf looked at Bobby then over to where Frank was standing as Frank looked at Bobby.

I thought she left town with Danny,  why is she back Ailsa? Celia said

”why don’t you ask her” Ailsa said

“Wow..Bobby looks great” Matt said to Carly as he handed her a fruit cocktail

“Great? She looks amazing” Carly said taking the drink and sipping it

“But I only have eyes for you” Matt said as Carly smiled

Frank watched as Brett introduced Bobby to different people, he was so proud to have her on his arm. Bobby smiled and shook hands with people while Frank knocked back his beer and felt sad.

“Do you want to dance Frank?” Allison said

“When are you going to take the hint?” Frank said then he shook his head

“I have the best looking woman in Summer Bay on my arm” Brett said as he kissed Bobby’s cheek

“Brett” Brett looked up as he heard his name

“John, let me introduce you to Miss Bobby Simpson, my date for the evening. John Handcock is the General Manager of the Sands Resort here in Summer Bay

John extended his hand and Bobby shook it and smiled

“Pleasure to meet you Miss Simpson and if you don’t mind me saying you look wonderful tonight” John said

“Thank you” Bobby said and smiled

“Bobby is the co-owner of the BaySide Diner” Brett said with a smile

“Yes, I am familiar with it, we are currently consulting with a few different firms in the city but are currently looking for a Catering Director, someone who is familiar with the local area if that is something you would be interested in, you wouldn’t have to give up your current role, we would be working together” John said

“I can definitely think about it” Bobby said with a smile

John put his hand in his pocket and pulled out his card

“Here is my business card, please give me a call sometime this week or next when you have thought more about it” John said

“I will” Bobby said as she took the card. Please excuse me Brett, just going to see Carly” Bobby said to Brett who nodded

As Bobby walked away John and Brett stared at her then at each other and Brett winked

“Bobby” Bobby looked to her right as she heard her name mentioned, it was Ailsa

“You look beautiful tonight, I love your dress” Ailsa said

“Thanks”

“Yes you do look nice Bobby but isn’t that dress a bit revealing?” Celia said

Alf smiled…

“Well would you look at this, a nice little family reunion” Bobby turned around to see Morag standing behind her

“Hello Morag, nice to see you” Celia said

Morag smiled at Celia and looked up and down at her dress

“I didn’t expect to see you here…I heard you had left town with that other degenerate” Morag said

Bobby didn’t respond

“Besides, I wouldn’t have thought they would let your type in” Morag said to Bobby

“Give it a rest Morag” Alf said

Bobby turned around  “There is nothing that you can say to hurt me anymore” Bobby said then walked away

Alf, Ailsa, Celia and Morag watched as Bobby walked away….

Franks’ heart was beating fast as Bobby walked in the direction of where he was standing….as she got closer Frank said loud enough for her to hear  “Allison lets dance”

“Ok” Allison said with an excited tone as Frank grabbed her hand and led her to the dance floor

Bobby tried to ignore what she heard and walked up to Carly

“This party is awesome” Carly said as she sipped her fruit juice

“You look great Bobby, do you want a drink?” Matt said

“Thanks, no I am ok” Bobby said

Bobby looked on the dance floor at Frank and Allison. Allison was having a great time

“He only did that because you came with Brett” Carly said

Bobby didn’t respond

“Hey, I have to change shifts, Ill be at the front” Matt said

“Ok” Carly said with a smile

“The band is really good” Carly said looking around and just genuinely happy to be there

“Can I have this dance?” Brett said as he walked over to Bobby

Bobby smiled and nodded as she took Brett’s hand and followed him to the dance floor

“Hi” Carly looked to her left and man was standing next to her

“My name is Elliott” Elliot said

“I am Carly” Carly said as she smiled

“I saw when you walked in and thought this is a beautiful woman” Elliott said

“Thank you” Carly said shyly. Elliott was very good looking, he had dark hair, mysterious eye and was wearing a Tuxedo

“Can I ask you to dance” Elliott said

“Sure” Carly said as she followed Elliott to the dance floor

“This band is really good” Allison said as she put one arm Franks shoulder

Frank nodded and looked in the direction of Bobby and Brett, they were dancing slower to the song. Bobby had her arms around Brett’s neck and Brett had his arms around Bobby’s waist. It was breaking his heart to see Bobby with another man,. he couldn’t take it anymore … Frank walked off the dance floor leaving Allison dancing with herself

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“You don’t have to stay Floss, I am fine with the little ones”  Pippa said

“I missed you, I enjoy being here with you” Floss said

“Thanks Floss…thanks again for everything you did around here” Pippa said

Floss smiled

“I hope a good time is being had by all at the party” Pippa said

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“Hello Bob” Ailsa said as Sgt Barnett walked over to them

“Great party” Bob said

“Celia do you want to dance?” Bob said

“No, this is not my type of music” Celia said

“Ill dance” Ailsa said as she gave her bag to Alf and pulled Bob to the dance floor

Frank looked at the whiskey in the glass as he sat on the bar stool.  He didn’t normally drink whiskey but right now he didn’t care

“Mate this party is the best party I ever been too…this is Emily” Martin said as he nudged Frank to look at the woman he just met. Frank smiled and looked down at his glass.

“Lets dance” Martin said as he pulled Emily to the dance floor

“Hello Frank” Frank looked up and saw Morag standing in front of him

“I hear congratulations are in order for you and Ruth” Morag said

“Thanks” Frank said

“I am glad that I encouraged Ruth to leave this dreadful place” Morag said

Frank didn’t respond he was looking ahead at Bobby and Brett as they dance then Brett led Bobby from the dance floor

Morag watched as Frank watched Bobby

“You made the right choice you know, to leave, you wouldn’t get very far in your career if you were still with her…she is trash” Morag said as she laughed

“Go to hell Morag” Frank said and got up and walked away

Matt was enjoying working at the Resort, they were paying well for the temporary job tonight. “Ill ask if they are hiring full time” Matt thought to himself as he walked back to the Banquet hall with more food. As he walked in, he smiled to himself as he looked for Carly, she wasn’t sitting where she was….Matt scanned the room and saw Carly dancing with another man…

“Thanks for the dance Bob” Ailsa said as she fanned her face “I need another drink” Ailsa said as she walked back to where Alf was standing

“Are you Ok” Brett whispered into Bobby’s ear

“Fine” Bobby said as she smiled….she was actually having a nice time. Brett was treating her like a Princess and she had made some business connections.

“Brett” Bobby and Brett looked around to see a business acquaintance

“Jack! How are you?’ Brett said as he shook Jack’s hand. “I am sorry to leave you but I need to speak to Jack” Brett said

“Sure” Bobby said with a smile then Brett kissed her cheek and walked away. Bobby’s body was starting to hurt a little bit…she looked around to find a seat

“Can I have this dance?” Bobby looked up to see Frank standing in front of her. Frank was the last person Bobby expected to see…her heart was beating fast. Frank put his hand out and hoped that Bobby would take it…Everything that had happened in the last year flashed before Bobby, all the time she spent crying…all the time she felt she was worthless…all the time she felt she wasn’t good enough to be loved…Bobby exhaled and took Franks hand and they walked towards the dance floor

“Especially for you I want to let you know what I was
Going through All the time we were apart I thought
Of you You were in my heart My love never changed
I still feel the same”

“Now hang on a second” Alf said as he watched Bobby and Frank walk towards the dancefloor

Ailsa looked up and saw Bobby and Frank, she smiled to herself ,  shook her head and remembered the time they were hiding in her shop to have some privacy

“Oh dear…this is totally inappropriate, Frank is a married man” Celia said

“Exactly” Alf said and was about to walk on to the dance floor but Ailsa stopped him

“They are only dancing, neither of you said anything when he danced with Allison” Ailsa said

“That is different” Alf said

“How is it different?” Ailsa said

Alf didn’t respond

Especially for you I want to tell you I was feeling that
Way too And if dreams were wings, you
Know I would have flown to you
To be where you are
No matter how far
And now that I?m next to you

No more dreaming about
Tomorrow Forget the loneliness and the sorrow
I've got to say It's all because of you

No words were needed…Those that knew their story watched as Frank and Bobby danced. As they danced Alf sighed…his heart broke a little for his daughter…he knew that Bobby and Frank would always be connected…he hoped that this triangle had finally ended but it never will

And now were back together,
Together I want to show you my heart is oh so true
And all the love I have is
Especially for you

As Carly danced with Elliott, she looked over at Frank and Bobby and smiled. Even if it was just for tonight, she was happy to see them together. As Elliott held on tighter to Carly, Matt watched and shook his head

“Hi Matt” Matt turned around and saw Danielle standing behind him

“Hey” Matt said

“A few of the casual staff are crashing here tonight after the party….we got a room…are you in?” Danielle said

Matt looked at Carly having a good time dancing then turned back to Danielle

“Yeah, sure” Matt said then walked away…as he walked away, Danielle looked in the Banquet hall to see what Matt was looking at then she saw Carly and a man dancing and she smiled to herself.

Especially for you
I want to tell you, you mean all the world to me
How I'm certain that our love was
Meant to be
You changed my life
You showed me the way
And now I'm next to you

I've waited long enough to find you
I want to put all the hurt behind you
And I want to bring out the love
Inside you, oh and
Now were back together, together
I want to show you my heart is oh so true
Especially for you

Morag sipped her drink at the bar and watched as Frank and Bobby danced…as much as she hated to say it Bobby looked beautiful…”I wish I had someone who looked at me that way” Morag thought to herself as she watched Frank only have eyes for Bobby. Morag sighed then looked to her left and watched as Brett watched Frank and Bobby

You were in my heart
My love never changed
And now that I’

m next to you
No more dreaming about
Tomorrow
Forget the loneliness and the
Sorrow
I've got to say
It's all because of you

Allison stood by the bar and watched as Bobby and Frank danced…she hated Bobby Simpson and was going to get her back for taking her opportunity with Frank away.

Martin returned to the bar and gestured for the bartender to give him a drink. Martin looked to his left and saw Allison. He looked back to see what Allison was looking at then he smiled and walked over to her

“You will never be able to compete” Martin said, smiled and walked away

And now were back together,
Together
Especially for you

Frank and Bobby just stared at each other…..she had her arms around his neck and he had his arms around her waist….neither said anything..neither looked away… both where thinking about how much they loved the other…

together,
Together
Especially for you

“Enjoying the view??” Brett was focused on Frank and Bobby that Morag made him jump.

“Mrs Bellingham, are you having a good time? Brett said

“Yes, it has been a very interesting evening” Morag said as she sipped her drink

“Are you happy with your investment?” Brett said as he pointed to the surroundings

“Yes, the Resort turned out very well” Morag said and smiled

“What are you doing here with her?” Morag said as she pointed her head towards Bobby

“Excuse me?” Brett said looking confused

“I said what are you doing here with Bobby?” Morag said

“She is my date, why?” Brett said confused

“She isn’t your type Brett…get out while you still can. Look at Frank, went from being a no hoper to marrying the most beautiful girl in Summer Bay and now they are living a reputable life in New York”

“Mrs Bellingham, I don’t know what my dating life has to do with you” Brett said as he sipped his champagne

“Brett, I have known you for years, I know the kind of people you mix with, Bobby is beneath you….and Frank…respectable man marry the Ruth’s of this world, not the Bobby’s who slum it out in the gutter..I mean look at her” Morag said

“We marry the Ruth’s of the world yet tonight we both want to be with Bobby” Brett said looking at Morag then he drank his champagne put his glass on the table and walked towards the dance floor. Morag sighed and watched Brett walk away

together,
Together
Especially for you

“Hi” Brett said and kissed Bobby’s cheek. Bobby let go of Frank as Brett pulled her away

“Frank don’t forget to give my regards to Roo” Brett said with a smile as he escorted Bobby off the dance floor

“Thank you for the dance” Carly said to Elliott

“No, thank you, you are a great dancer” Elliott said as they walked over towards the bar

Carly smiled

“Are you from  Summer Bay?” Eliott said

“Yes, my family own the Caravan Park..where are you from?” Carly said as she sat on the bar stool

“From the City, I work at the Resort corporate office, a senior manager. I am just here for the cocktail party, what do you do?” Elliott  said

“I work at my Sister’s Diner at the moment, just going over my options” Carly said embarrassed

“Well here is my card…if you are interested in moving to the City, I can put a good word in for you” Elliott said as he handed Carly his card

“Thank you, I will definitely think about it” Carly said

“I hope you do, I would like to see you again” Elliott said as he looked at Carly, kissed her hand then walked away

Background Music- Frank and Bobby theme

Frank watched as Bobby and Brett walked off the dance floor but noticed Bobby go out of the hall and he followed her…he watched as Bobby turned the corner and into the ladies bathroom. He stood outside of the bathroom for a few seconds, exhaled then opened the door. He saw Bobby standing by the mirror and before she could say anything, he pushed her into the cubicle and closed the door. Bobby’s heart was beating fast, Frank was standing so close to her…he lifted her face with his fingers

“If you love me and only me….come to me tonight. I am in your old van, it got moved up to opposite McPhee” Frank whispered and rested his cheek on Bobby’s cheek. Her heart was beating really fast so many emotions were going through her mind. Frank slowly moved his head until his lips were touching Bobby’s then he made his way out of the bathroom before anybody saw him.

Bobby held onto the cubicle wall, she felt like she was going to faint, so many emotions were going through her mind…..did this really just happen? She exhaled then made her way out of the bathroom, as she got outside Brett was walking by

“Hey, I came to look for you” Brett said

“Sorry, I needed to take a breather, I am a bit tired and my feet hurt” Bobby said as she showed Brett the shoes she was holding

“Lets go up to my room so you can relax your feet “ Brett said then picked Bobby up. She put her arms around his neck and smiled…as they were walking away, Bobby didn’t see Frank watching them looking disappointed…As Brett turned the corner he saw Frank from the corner of his eye turned and looked at him, smiled and winked…

Background music ends

Chapter 59

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

“Hi Carly” Danielle said as she walked over to where Carly was standing

“Oh Hi Danielle, how are you? Martin said you are back in town” Carly said

“Yeah, hopefully not for long, I want to save some money and go to the City” Danielle said

“Yeah, I know” Carly said

“Are you staying for the after party?” Danielle said

“What after party?” Carly said

“Didn’t Matt tell you? He invited a group of us to crash here after..he got a room” Danielle said

“Oh…no he didn’t mention it” Carly said

“But then again, you guy are not dating so I don’t think he would need to tell you, anyway, see you around” Danielle said and smiled

“We have to book a night here soon” Alf said as she danced with Alf. He wasn’t much of a dancer but Ailsa convinced him to dance to a slow song

“Yeah…” Alf said

“Are you ok?” Ailsa said

“Fine” Alf said and smiled

Ailsa sighed…Its Frank and Bobby dancing that you are thinking about” Ailsa said

“Ails he is a married man, why did he do that?” Alf said

“You didn’t say anything when Frank danced with Allison” Ailsa said

“Frank wasn’t married to Allison” Alf said

“Alf, thy only danced…it was two old friends dancing for old time’s sake” Ailsa said

“I know but how will Ruthy feel if she finds out that they danced” Alf said

“IIf she is secure in her marriage, it wouldn’t matter who Frank dances with and there is no need for her to find out…it will only cause unnecessary problems” Ailsa said

Allison knocked back her drink, tonight has been a complete waste of time. Her trick on Martin backfired and Frank isn’t interested. “When am I going to find a man who will take me serious?” Allison said to herself as tears formed in her eyes

Bobby opened the door and Brett carried her into the room letting the door slam behind him. Brett walked over to the bed and sat Bobby down

“This room is really nice” Bobby said looking around

“Yes, its called the honeymoon suite” Bret said and smiled

“Do you want a drink?” Brett said

“Just water or juice: Bobby said

“Why wont you have champagne with me?” Brett said

“I have stiches in my head after the accident and I am taking painkiller and antibiotics so no alcohol for me” Bobby said with a smile. Brett opened the champagne and poured some for himself then put it in the fridge. He opened the fridge again and poured some juiced for Bobby put it back in the fridge then walked over to the bed with the two glasses

“A toast” Brett said

“What are we toasting to?” Bobby said as she took her glass

“To new beginnings, the future and to the beautiful woman who stood by my side tonight” Bobby smiled, clinked glasses with Brett then Brett leaned forward and they started kissing

“Oh hello Frank” Celia said as she sat at the table next to Frank. Frank rolled his eyes and knocked back his whiskey

“I wanted to have a word with you about something” Celia said

“Not now Celia, I am not in the mood for lectures” Frank said

“I think now is very appropriate. I don’t think what you did earlier was very appropriate” Celia said

“What did I do Celia?” Frank said

“Dancing publicly with Bobby” Celia said

“It was just a dance” Frank said

“But Frank, you are a married man” Celia said

“I danced with Allison too, why don’t you have a problem with that?’ Frank said

“You wasn’t married to Allsion” Celia said

“And I am not married to Bobby, it was just a dance, she is still my foster sister” Frank said

“Oh really Frank that was a long time ago” Celia said

“What do you want Celia?” Frank said

“I think you should stay away from Bobby, I don’t think Ruth would be happy if she found out you were spending time with Bobby” Celia said

“Listen, I had one dance with Bobby, I am not spending time with her and  Roo is not going to find anything out because you are not going to tell her” Frank said

“Ruth is my niece, I have to look out for her best interest” Celia said

“Maybe you should look after your own best interest then you would have your own relationship and wouldn’t be poking your nose in mine…stay out of my business Celia” Frank said as he stood up

“Oh..Bobby is your niece, too,  why are you not looking out for her best interest? Frank said as he gave Celia a mean look and walked away.

Carly walked around…she was looking for Matt, even though she had enjoyed herself, she was hoping she would spend some time with Matt. Carly looked around and finally saw Matt and Danielle talking. Danielle appeared to be flirting with Matt which made Carly upset, she thought they were starting something.

“You are beautiful” Brett said in between kissing Bobby’s lips and neck. Even though Bobby responded to Brett, what Frank said earlier, was going around in her mind

“if you love me and only me….come to me tonight”

Brett started kissing Bobby on the back of her neck and began pulling the strap of her dress down

Bobby pushed him away

“Did I do something wrong” Brett said looking at Bobby concerned

“No, its not you…this is a bit soon for me… I need some time” Bobby said

Brett ran his head through his head. “I am sorry, I am not trying to rush you…just tell me that there will be a time for us” Brett said as he stroked Bobby’s face

“I cant promise anything Brett…I  went through a bad time with Frank and then recently with another guy…I don’t know what I am doing…I know that I had a great time with you tonight” Bobby said smiling

Brett smiled

“Thank you for making me feel like a Princess tonight” Bobby said as she kissed Brett’s cheek

“You deserved every bit of it tonight, you looked like a Princess and I know every man tonight was jealous of me…including Frank” Brett said with a smile

“Hi Matt, can I speak to you please” Carly said as she walked over to Danielle and Matt

“I will see you later Matt” Danielle said then she walked away

“I haven’t seen you much” Carly said

“I have been working” Matt said

“Ok, when is your break? Do you have time for our dance” Carly said as touched Matts arm

“I cant, I am working” Matt said

“Did I do something wrong?” Carly said

“I got to work” Matt said

“Ok, well its getting late, I think we might be going soon but I can wait and go home with you if you want?” Carly said

“No, not tonight, some of the staff here are having a party, I might stay for a few minutes then go home I am working tomorrow” Matt said

Carly couldn’t figure out why Matt was being cold

“I met this really nice guy who said he can help me get a job in the City, wouldn’t that be cool?  He was really nice, one of the senior managers at the Sands Corporate office” Carly said excited

“I got to go, Ill see you later” Matt said. Carly tried to lean forward for a kiss but Matt pulled away

“Ahhh Mate, this has been the best party ever..Emily is amazing” Martin said as he nudged Frank at the bar. He looked down at Frank’s glass “Are you alright Mate? Its not like you to be drinking so much” Martin said concerned

“I am not drunk” Frank said

“I think we should be going” Alf said as Ailsa danced in front of him”. Ailsa looked at her watch

“I agree, I told Pippa that we wouldn’t be gone too long, lets go” Ailsa said as they walked over to Celia

“Oh Carly” Ailsa said as she saw Carly walking by

“Bobby said you can split her shifts with her so you can come in tomorrow afternoon” Ailsa said

“Thank you” Carly said with a smile

“Did you have a good time” Ailsa said

“Yes, I did” Carly said with a smile and walked away

“So when am I going to see you” Brett said as he put his arm around Bobby

“I am working in the morning at the Diner…maybe we can have lunch or something” Bobby said

“I was going to head back at 12 but I will stop by the Diner and sample some of your food before I go” Brett said with a smile

“Think about that Catering Director offer, depending on where you want to take your career, having an association to the Sands will definitely open some doors for you” Brett said

“Yes I will….I have some decisions to make about my future…” Bobby said

“Carly, lets go” Frank said as Carly walked towards him. “You can drive, I have been drinking” Frank said as he gave the keys to Carly

“Have you seen Bobby?” Carly said looking around

“No and I hope I never see her again” Frank said as he walked towards the exit

Carly and Martin looked at each other then Carly followed behind

Caravan Park –Summer Bay

“Sorry we are late Pippa” Ailsa said as Pippa opened the door

“No you are not late at all” Ailsa said  as she entered the house

“Ill just get Duncan” Floss said

“Thanks Floss” Ailsa said

“So how was the party?” Pippa said

“Good, I wish you came” Ailsa said

“So everyone enjoyed themselves? Pippa said

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Alf have you spoken to Ruth lately, how is she?” Celia said from the back of the car

“She is fine, busy with work” Alf said

“That’s good, I haven’t spoken to hre for a while, I would love to say hello, do you have her number with you” Celia said

“No Sis, just leave it alone” Alf said

“What are you talking about Alfred” Celia said

“You know what I mean, leave it alone, don’t call Ruth and tell her that Frank danced with Bobby” Alf said

“She has the right to know” Celia

“No she doesn’t..LEAVE IT ALONE for once just mind your own business” Alf said and banged his hand on the steering when that made Celia jump

Summer Bay

Carly looked at Frank sitting in the passenger seat, he looked angry and upset

“Are you Ok?” Carly said

“Fine” Frank said while looking out of the window

“Bobby looked amazing tonight…I met one of the senior managers from the Sands Resort corporate office, he gave me his card, asked me to call him about a job” Carly said as she drove them home

Frank ignored her

“Ailsa said I can split shifts with Bobby so I am working tomorrow at the diner” Carly said

Frank ignore her

“Frank” Carly said

“Just drive” Frank said as he looked out of the window

Sands Resort-Summer Bay

I had a great night tonight” Bobby said  “I have to go…I am tired” Bobby said as she looked at Brett

“I wish you didn’t have to go” Brett said

“I am sorry” Bobby said as Brett held her hand

“Do you mind if I use the bathroom before I go?’ Bobby said as she smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Pippa I had a great time” Carly said as she walked through the door

“Where are the others?” Pippa said

“Frank went to his van, I think Bobby is with Brett and Martin met some girl at the party” Carly said

“How were Bobby and Frank?” Pippa said locking the door

“Ill tell you over breakfast” Carly said as she hugged Pippa who turned the light off

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Frank threw his jacket on the chair and loosened his bow tie and threw it at the jacket on the chair. He felt that he had been drinking but he wasn’t overly drunk.  Frank opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water, he opened it and drank some then walked back towards the bed. Frank turned the light off, turned on the radio, put the bottle on the side table then lay back on the bed looking at the ceiling

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Even though the party had officially ended, there were still people hanging around at the hotel bar.   Brett had just instructed the limousine to take Bobby home and was now heading towards the bar to have a drink before he went to bed. Brett sat on the bar stool after ordering his drink, thinking about tonight and how he was the envy of every man in the room. Brett smiled to himself but his thoughts were interrupted

“Do you want some company?” Brett turned around to see a familiar face

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

Bobby thanked the driver as she got out of the limousine and watched as he got into the car and drove away. Bobby slowly started to walk.. her feet were hurting and so was her head. Bobby stopped walking and undid the bun in her hair and let her hair fall to her shoulders a she walked, she ran her hand though her hair and exhaled. The weather is beautiful tonight  Bobby thought to herself as she looked up at the moon..it was full tonight. As Bobby walked she looked up again at the moon and right next to it, a star emerged and shone just as bright as the moon. As Bobby walked she felt a feeling in her heart…a feeling of peace and love…she looked up at the star shining and said "Thank you" then smiled.

Frank looked at moon peeking through the gap in the curtain…it was very bright tonight…he also noticed a star shining very bright next to the moon. Frank turned over to his side…a few seconds later…he heard a light knock on the door…

“Go away Martin” Frank said without getting up. A few seconds later he heard the door knock again. Frank dragged himself off the bed exhaled then walked towards the door, opened it and got a shock.

Bobby smiled when Frank opened the door….he extended his hand and helped her into the van and closed and locked it. They stood there…the moonlight bright enough for them to see each other’s face…

Bobby took off her shoes and threw her bag on the chair. Frank took her hand and escorted her to the bed..he sat down and Bobby stood in front of him. He turned her around and traced his hands down her bare back…when his finger got to her lower back, he kissed where his fingers had traced then he stood up..he gently removed the straps of Bobby’s dress and peeled the dress down until it fell to the floor then Bobby stepped out of it. Bobby’s heart was beating fast... she loved this man with every ounce of her being…..a tear dropped from her eye..she couldn't believe she was here with him....the man she loved before she even knew him. .Frank stood up and reach around Bobby’s neck and took off the necklace that Brett gave her and the earrings and put them next to the radio then kissed her neck....next Bobby watched as Frank took off his wedding ring then he smiled at her. Bobby unbuttoned Franks shirt and helped him take it off then Frank removed his trousers then he escorted her to the bed.

"I love you Roberta...forever" Frank said ..."I love you Frank...forever" Bobby responded...and with the moon as their personal spotlight, their bodies joined , their hearts joined and  the tears from Bobby's eyes were no long sad tears as she exhaled and felt every part of her sore body love the  only man she will ever want..

Background Music ends...

Chapter 60

Manhattan – New York

Roo chewed her salad at her desk as she made a list of things she still needed to do for her first PR event on Friday. She was both nervous and excited because if the event goes well, she would be on her way to more great opportunities like the one she had when she went to California. Roo smiled to herself as she thought about how good a time she had in California…with Donavan. He told her to call him but she hadn’t…not that she didn’t want to, she had been really busy

“Ruth, you said that you are from Summer Bay, is that correct?” Nancy said as she read a newspaper

“Yeah, why?” Roo said looking up from her list

“Oh nothing, I didn’t know the Macklins had ties to Summer Bay, Gordon’s son attended an event in Summer Bay last night..he is very handsome…and his date’s dress is gorgeous” Nancy said

“Can I have a look please?” Roo said. Nancy handed Roo the paper then went back to her work. Roo was very surprised when she looked at the photo in the paper and read the caption

Eligible Bachelor Brett Macklin attends the Sands Resort Cocktail evening in Summer Bay Australia with his date Miss Roberta Simpson, local business owner

Roo looked at the photo and felt like time stood still. Seeing Brett and Bobby brought a lot of memories…Nancy is right, Bobby looked great…she always did when she dressed up. Roo didn’t know that Brett and Bobby were together…..Frank didn’t mention it…Roo felt a bit of jealous but then again she is married to Frank so why should she be jealous of Bobby dating her ex?

Summer Bay-Austrailia

5am

Sands Resort

Brett opened his eyes and sat up...he had a hangover and put his hand up to his head. He looked around….he wasn’t in his room then he looked at the bottle of champagne on the nightstand. He looked to his right at the body lying next to his and sighed. He couldn’t believe what he did last night. Brett slowly got out of the bed so as not to wake her. He walked over to the chair and picked up his trousers and put them on. He turned around to make sure she wasn’t waking up then turned back to the chair and picked up his shirt and put it on. He looked around for his shoes, saw them by the bathroom door, walked over there and put them on.  Brett exhaled and slowly made his way to the door.

“You’re leaving?” Brett heard as he almost got to the door ”Yes, I am heading back to the City today and have to tie up a few things before I go” Brett said as he turned around to look at her now sitting up in the bed and covering herself with the bedsheet.

“I guess I can’t expect anything else” Morag said

“We were both drinking…a lot last night and needed some company…nothing else” Brett said

“I know, well we can all hope” Morag said forcing a smile

Brett smiled then made his way to the door and left. Morag looked around the room, looked down at the sheets , pulled the sheets up to her shoulders then began to cry….

Caravan Park

DJ “Waking you up this morning with a new one by British singer Beverly Craven, Holding on”

Bobby opened her eyes…she looked up, Frank was still asleep. Frank had wrapped himself really tight around her and she couldn’t move

I'm losing control of my emotions
You've got this hold on my heart
I've never known what we are feeling
You never took me so far

I can't find the words
Is this love?
Tell me I've found you
Is this love?

Say that you'll always keep
Holding on
Keep holding on
'Cause your love's got a hold on me

Bobby smiled, the song playing on the radio was accurate, Frank had a hold on her heart, last night they were so connected. Bobby wished it would never end…she loved Frank more than she ever thought possible…she wished they could stay like this forever. Bobby raised her head and saw Frank’s ring and Brett’s necklace on the table and came back to reality. Bobby attempted to move but Frank was holding on to her really tight.

I'm losing my mind dreaming about you

Still as you sleep by my side
Kiss me awake, whisper Good Morning
Say what you said one more time
'Cause I need to know

Is this love?
Tell me I've found you
Is this love?
Say that you'll always keep

Holding on

Bobby moved again and this time Frank shifted and allowed Bobby to be free. Bobby leaned over and turned the radio down so as not to wake Frank up. She slowly got up from the bed and walked around to where her dress was and put it on, she turned around and picked up her bag. Bobby walked over to the table and picked up the necklace and earrings and put them in her bag. Bobby looked at Frank sleeping…she leaned over and kissed him on his forehead “I love you” Bobby said then slowly made her way to the door. Frank started feeling the bed and when he couldn’t feel Bobby he looked up

“Hey, why are you going?” Frank said confused

“ I want to get in the house before anyone sees me” Bobby said

“I don’t care if they do, come back to bed” Frank said

“Frank..no. …” Bobby said

Frank sighed and signaled for Bobby to come over to him. Bobby walked over and sat on the bed

“I am working half a day at the Diner so I have to be awake soon anyway” Bobby said smiling

“Ill meet you after, let us go somewhere so we can be alone” Frank said as he stroked Bobby’s face and ran his finger down her chest

Bobby closed her eyes then sighed “ I cant..I am having lunch with Brett at the Diner” Bobby said

Frank looked annoyed

“I have to go…Ill see you later”…I love you” Bobby said smiling as she kissed Frank’s head and walked towards the door

As Bobby shut the caravan door, Frank looked over at the table, saw his ring and smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Good morning” Pippa said as Bobby came into the kitchen “You look nice…Did you have a good time last night”? Pippa said

Bobby smiled “Thanks…Yes I had a great time”  Bobby said as Pippa walked over to the stairs

“Sal come on, you are going to be late” Pippa said at the stairs

“Are you taking Sal to school? Can I get a lift with you? I am working at the Diner this morning” Bobby said as Pippa walked towards the kitchen

“Sure, just waiting for Sally to come down” Pippa said “So…are you going to tell me what happened last night and why you are smiling? Pippa said smiling at Bobby

“Last night was amazing” Carly said as she came through the door, walked over to the dining table and sat down just as Frank opened the door

“I am ready” Sally said as she came running through the door

“What time do I have to be at the Diner?” Carly said to Bobby

“I am having lunch with Brett so please get there at 12” Bobby said

“Oooooh Lunch with Brett? Is that why you are dressed up?” Carly said then she laughed

“Carly, I am not dressed up” Bobby said. She was wearing denim cut off shorts and a fitted T shirt

“Ok we better get going. Frank there water is hot If you want some coffee” Pippa said as she walked out of the kitchen

“Frank will you pick me up from school?” Sally said

“Of course Sal, see you later” Frank said then kissed Sally on her head and she walked out of the house

“I need to get my car fixed” Bobby said as she walked towards the door

“See you later” Frank said as Bobby smiled and he kissed her head and she walked out of the door. Carly and Pippa looked at each other surprised as Frank headed towards the stairs.

General Store-Summer Bay

“Good Morning Alfred” Celia said as she walked into the shop

“G’day Sis “ Alf said as he packed some cans on the shelf

“Interesting night last night” Celia said as she stood by the counter. Alf looked at his Sister, he knew what she meant

“I told you Sis…leave things alone” Alf said

“Alfred, I don’t know what you are talking about. All I said is that it was an interesting evening” Celia said

“I will just get that for you love” Alf said to a customer and walked to the back of the store

When Alf was out of the way, Celia quickly went behind the counter looking for Alf’s address book. She didn’t see it, she lifted up some papers and and saw it. She quickly looked through the book, looking for Roo’s name then he found it. She picked up a pencil from the counter and a piece of paper and wrote down the details. Celia could hear Alf talking to the customer and they were returning to the counter so she quickly put the address book where she found it, put the paper in her pocket and rushed to the font of the counter.

“I will see you late on Alfred, going for my morning jog” Celia said then walked to the door and left

Bayside Diner-Summer Bay

“Matt is there something wrong?” Bobby said as she walked into the kitchen. Matt had been angry all morning

“Nothing” Matt said as he slammed the fridge door shut

“Unless you have anew fridge I your back pocket, stop slamming the door on this one” Bobby said

“Sorry…its Carly” Matt said

“What about her?” Bobby said

“Just because I had to work last night, she was all over another guy” Matt said

“They only had one dance” Bobby said as she ate her sandwich

“Its not just about the dance. She said he works at the Sands corporate office and can help her with a job in the City” Matt said

“I thought you would be happy about her getting a job” Bobby said confused

“I like Carly, but she likes the City life, guys with money…I don’t have that…the minute I turned my back she was with this guy” Matt said

“Maybe you need to talk to her about it” Bobby said as she took two tablets out of her pocket and swallowed them

“I don’t think there is anything to say” Matt said

“Well you better think of something, she is doing the shift at 12” Bobby said

“Hi Matt” Bobby and Matt turned around to see Danielle standing at the counter

“Hi” Matt said as he walked to the counter

“Shame you couldn’t stay last night…we had lots of fun” Danielle said as she touched Matts hand

“I started work early this morning” Matt said

“Hi Bobby…I thought you were leaving town” Danielle said

“You thought wrong” Bobbi said as she drank her water

“Must be weird seeing your ex-husband in town…the same ex-husband married to your cousin” Danielle said hoping to get Bobby angry. Bobby smiled at Danielle and didn’t respond

“Ill be back in a minute, going to see if I can get someone to come over and look at my car” Bobby said to Matt as she walked towards the door

“So…when can we party?” Danielle said as Matt smiled

Caravan Park-Summer Bay

“Sounds like you had a great time” Pippa said as she sat listening to Carly gave her an account of last nights events

“By the way, Frank and Bobby danced together last night” Carly said smiling

“Really?” Pippa said to which Carly nodded in respond

“I guess that would explain why there was a cease fire this morning” Pippa said

“Pippa, I fixed the sink in van number 3, the guest said it leaked” Frank said as he walked into the house

“Thanks…oh by the way, I heard you and Bobby had a dance last night” Pippa said to Frank who smiled

Manhattan- New York

Roo took her shoes off and dropped on the couch…it had been a long day. She was so tired that she didn’t think she would have the strength to get up and go and make dinner. Roo thought back to the  photo of Bobby and Brett…she knew that Brett had some interest in Bobby but he never thought that  he would date her. Roo had nothing against Bobby but guys like Brett and Frank dated her…not women like Bobby..

“Phone ringing”

Roo struggled but eventually managed to reach over and pick up the phone

“Hello” Roo said

“Hello Ruth, its Auntie Celia” Celia said

Archived