Blades Of Skye !!!! (by JosieTash) - comments

12 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Red Ranger 1, have you seen the latest Power Rangers big screen movie? I haven’t – will wait til it hits DVD, but I just HAD to get the Pterodactyl Battle Zoid [with Pink Ranger mini figure]. I’ve got /a/ a soft spot for any Pink Ranger, and /b/ the Zoid kinda looks like a part pink Batwing.

Oh, and whilst I haven’t seen the Power Rangers movie, I DID see [at my fave cinema] the big screen version of Oz TV series DANCE ACADEMY - with H&A alumni Jordan Rodrigues and Nick Westaway. LOOOOOOOOOVED it – I soooooooooo in LOVE with Dena Kaplan [whose sim looking sister Ariel was in NEIGHBOURS until midway thru last year] !!!!!

Nope, haven't seen it. I'm intrigued but will probably wait for it to turn up on TV (circa 2021, probably), even though I have memories of dragging my younger brother to see the original 20+ years ago and even went to a limited big screen showing of the Turbo movie with a coupon from the paper... I am intrigued by the Dance Academy movie though (got all three seasons on imported DVD) so hoping that comes out on DVD in the not-too-distant future.

And you wrote another chapter! Well, Catherine looking for a new boyfriend for Ruby is an interesting twist, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Nope, haven't seen it. I'm intrigued but will probably wait for it to turn up on TV (circa 2021, probably), even though I have memories of dragging my younger brother to see the original 20+ years ago and even went to a limited big screen showing of the Turbo movie with a coupon from the paper... I am intrigued by the Dance Academy movie though (got all three seasons on imported DVD) so hoping that comes out on DVD in the not-too-distant future.

And you wrote another chapter! Well, Catherine looking for a new boyfriend for Ruby is an interesting twist, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I really enjoyed Dance Academy [definitely going to see it at least one more time big screen] .....and the ending leaves things VERY open for a sequel. YES please, I say !!!

Oh, and it's GREAT that the film has received some VERY good reviews ........ https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dance_academy_the_movie/

Here's the trailer ......

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, JosieTash said:

I really enjoyed Dance Academy [definitely going to see it at least one more time big screen] .....and the ending leaves things VERY open for a sequel. YES please, I say !!!

Oh, and it's GREAT that the film has received some VERY good reviews ........ https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dance_academy_the_movie/

Here's the trailer ......

Thanks for that! I'll keep a look out for it.No Grace? Can't remember if she was announced or not, didn't appear to be in the trailer or the end caption. Slightly disappointed that they seem to be resurrecting the already played out Tara/Christian/Ben triangle.But while I'd kind of resigned myself to not finding out what happened to Tara, it's great to see the story continued and I smiled at the sight of all the old faces.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Thanks for that! I'll keep a look out for it.No Grace? Can't remember if she was announced or not, didn't appear to be in the trailer or the end caption. Slightly disappointed that they seem to be resurrecting the already played out Tara/Christian/Ben triangle.But while I'd kind of resigned myself to not finding out what happened to Tara, it's great to see the story continued and I smiled at the sight of all the old faces.

To no Grace I say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!! She was SUCH a cow ....... I did like how she was REALLY emotionally affected by Tara's take on Red Shoes in the S2 finale ....and Abigail's comment about Grace's performance of such - [paraphrasing slightly I think] "Technically brilliant, but looks like she never lived a day of human emotion in her life and it showed."

Speaking of the S2 finale, I liked that whilst Sammy is certainly remembered in this film, the initial draft of the script had him as a ghost [I’m guessing sim to when he appeared to Tara in her ultimately EPIC performance of Red Shoes !!!!] Oh, and I think [don't quote me on this] Kat or Abigail at least MENTIONS Ethan at one point in the movie.

Also, Nick Westaway's character .....NOT a fan ...... think early days Kyle. I mean, Nic's DA role doesn't kidnap anyone and boondock them in the Outback, but he's ..... put it this way, give me most of his time in H&A Kyle over his Dance Academy character ANY DAY. 

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JosieTash said:

To no Grace I say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!! She was SUCH a cow ....... I did like how she was REALLY emotionally affected by Tara's take on Red Shoes in the S2 finale ....and Abigail's comment about Grace's performance of such - [paraphrasing slightly I think] "Technically brilliant, but looks like she never lived a day of human emotion in her life and it showed."

Don't get me wrong, I hated her during the Red Shoes as well and that is one of my favourite quotes.(Tara: "A technically and artistically perfect dance."Abigail:"Problem is Grace has never had a genuine human emotion in her life."I think.) And I loved that it was a purely moral victory: Grace still wins the competition but you can see her watching Tara thinking "I couldn't do that", leading to her moment of humility when she goes back to the Academy. But we all hated Abigail back in the first season, and I think the third season did redeem Grace somewhat, especially the last two episodes.There's a moment during Tara and Grace's last confrontation on the stairs where it looks like Grace is contemplating pushing Tara down them, and I think the only reason she doesn't is because, even after everything, Tara still sees the good in her and reminds her they used to be friends.It's a cruel moment for both of them that Grace then breaks Tara completely by accident, almost at the exact moment she realises it's not what she wants.So I think she'd have emerged from that experience a better person - she's there with the others for Tara's speech and the tribute dance at the end - so I think it'd be interesting to catch up on her and see how she's turned out. And I did like the bond that she and Ben formed during that last season.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Don't get me wrong, I hated her during the Red Shoes as well and that is one of my favourite quotes.(Tara: "A technically and artistically perfect dance."Abigail:"Problem is Grace has never had a genuine human emotion in her life."I think.) And I loved that it was a purely moral victory: Grace still wins the competition but you can see her watching Tara thinking "I couldn't do that", leading to her moment of humility when she goes back to the Academy. But we all hated Abigail back in the first season, and I think the third season did redeem Grace somewhat, especially the last two episodes.There's a moment during Tara and Grace's last confrontation on the stairs where it looks like Grace is contemplating pushing Tara down them, and I think the only reason she doesn't is because, even after everything, Tara still sees the good in her and reminds her they used to be friends.It's a cruel moment for both of them that Grace then breaks Tara completely by accident, almost at the exact moment she realises it's not what she wants.So I think she'd have emerged from that experience a better person - she's there with the others for Tara's speech and the tribute dance at the end - so I think it'd be interesting to catch up on her and see how she's turned out. And I did like the bond that she and Ben formed during that last season.

I must confess I only remember bad Grace, not good Grace …for 2 reasons in particular ……

Firstly, Isobel Durant went on to play another character I wasn’t that fond of, mermaid Ondina in “h2o – just add water” spin off/sequel, “Mako – Island of Secrets” …now whether I didn’t like Ondina purely because of my memory of Grace, or things like that fact that I LOVED Ali Bertram’s Mimmi, I’m not 100% sure ……..

……and the bigger reason is that I’ve not watched full episodes of this show, for the most part, since it finished. It’s like, I’ll catch it sometimes when I’m channel surfing on weekends, if it’s on etc. Yeah, it’s more that I’ve watched, since the show ended, my ULTRA fave scenes/eps and the like [be they on store bought DVDs and my own recording off TV]. Things like…… .

1.       Tara’s Red Shoes performance [of course]

2.       Her “And why do we have to be naked?” O Week balcony jump with Kat;

3.       Abigail’s “I love ballet. Ballet just doesn’t love me” … bonus of her counsellor being Socrates “Robert Robertson” Otto;

4.       Kat’s “I have these. I have bigger these.” to a stressed out, starving herself Abigail;

5.       Her “He was the BEST person I have EVER known” to the person who killed Sammy, and

6.       Kat’s high school group’s “The polar bears roar their farewell to humanity” dance assessment piece …. Bonus of Isabelle Cornish and Ashleigh Cummins in Kat’s group, and that Gabrielle Schollay was in the opposing team.

Funny that there’s a lot of Kat in that list, cos she’s … of the 3 main girls, she’s my least fave. I still really like her though it’s just that I like Abigail and Tara more.

Further re Abigail, I can’t ever remember hating her. That stems from a number of things – her characteristics, plus Dena’s voice, and – I’m not going to lie – her physical attributes. She’s a TOTAL honey!!!!! The other thing is that I’m sure I read in those initial previews/write ups for the series, that series creator Joanne Werner is, in effect, living vicariously through Tara. Because of this, and just the way I thought of Tara initially, it was genius of Abigail, locked in a room by Tara [and probably Kat], and how she found and sent to “the world” Tara’s pros and cons list about Ethan. I know I said didn’t like Grace cos of the way she treated Tara, but by S2, I’d got to know/like Tara more …if that makes sense.

Oh, and it's a nice touch that in the movie, Christian still has that cooooool phone message ..... the whole [paraphasing] Be interesting cos voice mail cost money.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:18 PM, JosieTash said:

I must confess I only remember bad Grace, not good Grace …

Further re Abigail, I can’t ever remember hating her. That stems from a number of things – her characteristics, plus Dena’s voice, and – I’m not going to lie – her physical attributes. She’s a TOTAL honey!!!!! The other thing is that I’m sure I read in those initial previews/write ups for the series, that series creator Joanne Werner is, in effect, living vicariously through Tara. Because of this, and just the way I thought of Tara initially, it was genius of Abigail, locked in a room by Tara [and probably Kat], and how she found and sent to “the world” Tara’s pros and cons list about Ethan. I know I said didn’t like Grace cos of the way she treated Tara, but by S2, I’d got to know/like Tara more …if that makes sense.

Yeah, I mean, Grace was pretty messed up but she wasn't 100% bad, she had Tara's back during the stuff with Saskia without any agenda.It's been a while since I've watched Season 1 but I think Abigail was pretty cold in the early episodes.I seem to remember she has a friend with her at the auditions who injures herself, and while Tara is all "Oh my god, is she all right?", Abigail's response is pretty much "Good, that's one less to worry about." And she spends the early episodes trying to discredit Tara and get her expelled in order to get rid of the competition.She did become a bit more complex as the season went on, with the relationship with Sammy and the back story with Kat, but even at the end she nearly wrecks the end of year performance just to hurt Tara, and I don't think it was really until her apology in the second season that she turned a corner. I'm not sure how I'd rank the girls in preference but I did like Kat and I think her reconciliation with Tara during the trust exercise is one of the most emotional moments of the season that isn't in the finale.

I love how any show filled in Sydney you just have to throw a stick to hit half a dozen people who've been in Home and Away.Not only the fact that Kat's new classmates were all old HA guests, but Jessica Tovey popping up as Sammy's boss, Mitzi Ruhlmann as a girl with leukaemia, not to mention Kip Gamblin's recurring role as a teacher (taking over from future Neighbours co-star/HA guest Josef Brown!).

• Like 1

I’m not going to deny that Abigail was/is a bitch, but some of my fave H&A characters - Gypsy, Shannon, Ruby, Billie – weren’t exactly saints either. It’s about how a person “touches” you, and Grace left me cold, so to speak, for whatever reason.……and I’m not going to deny how fire bad, tree pretty that sounds.

MANY thanks for reminding me that Mitzi Ruhlmann guested as well … the others you mentioned I remembered, but I initially drew a blank when you mentioned Mitzi. Not surprised especially that she was guest in DA, given that she also in ABC dramas HIDING [where somehow James Stewart played Lincoln Younes’ dad] and THE CODE [S2 of which starred Ella Scott Lynch]

Saw the movie again tonight. Still EPIC ……. 2 mentions of Ethan but definitely nothing about Grace. I can see where people [reviews etc] have said the ending is the perfect end to the Tara story, but I like to think of it as the end of ONE phase of her life and the start of another [which means hopefully another movie].

Oh, and did Ben & Kat ever get together in the show??? I can’t recall.

Edited by JosieTash
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Oh, and did Ben & Kat ever get together in the show??? I can’t recall.

Not that I remember. I think last time we saw her she was dating one of the crewmembers from that film she did.(She seemed to have a lot of forgettable guest star boyfriends.)

• Like 1