Blades Of Skye !!!! (by JosieTash) - comments

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

That sounds about right. Her character in Smallville appeared to be a fair bit younger though!

Really?! I'm not really familiar with The Flash (I don't think it's on terrestrial) but it seemed like the DC TV universe was set in a completely different continuity to Smallville, with their own versions of Supergirl, Green Arrow et al.

Red, although the Smallvile ep aired the year after the Buffy one, maybe it was filmed prior, or Amy was dressed etc to look younger in Smallville than she actually was.

Pembie, I watched the 1st season or 2 of Smallville but then lost track of it [think it was boondocked to a bad timeslot here in Oz maybe], and although I've heard of the Flash tv show, I think its only on pay tv or a steaming service here, neither of which I care to have.

Sarah, many thanks for your comments. REALLY glad you enjoyed my latest fic !!!!

• Like 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Red, although the Smallvile ep aired the year after the Buffy one, maybe it was filmed prior, or Amy was dressed etc to look younger in Smallville than she actually was.

I think it's more likely the latter, given how old Tom Welling was in real life at the time! (I had trouble following the show too, partly because it ended up mainly being shown on a digital channel that I didn't have at the time rather than the main channel, and mostly ended up resorting to buy the DVDs. Mind you, Amy Adams' appearance actually was in the first season, it was only Episode 7! Come to think of it, it got a better terrestrial broadcast than Angel, most of which was shown in a graveyard slot on terrestrial with the last season never being shown at all except on satellite.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think it's more likely the latter, given how old Tom Welling was in real life at the time! (I had trouble following the show too, partly because it ended up mainly being shown on a digital channel that I didn't have at the time rather than the main channel, and mostly ended up resorting to buy the DVDs. Mind you, Amy Adams' appearance actually was in the first season, it was only Episode 7! Come to think of it, it got a better terrestrial broadcast than Angel, most of which was shown in a graveyard slot on terrestrial with the last season never being shown at all except on satellite.)

From memory, Smallville in Oz is similar to what happened to Neighbours ...started out on one of the main channels [channel 10, and yes, I know Neighbours was on Channel 7 first but they axed it - the channel's oz soap void was filled soon after by H&A !!!!] but then moved to one of 10's secondary channels [namely Ch 11]. Must admit that the only reason I know about Amy on Buffy is that I looked at her on imdb after I saw her on the big screen in ENCHANTED ....... and cos knew that I had "Family" [and the film TALLEDEGA NIGHTS which also features the bloodnut in question] on  DVD in my collection.

Oh and I just have to add that it was cooooooooool seeing Amy and her "twin" Isla Fisher in NOCTURNAL ANIMALS last year .....indeed, also loved reading internet headlines about the film like this one ......."Finally, a Movie About How Amy Adams and Isla Fisher Are the Exact Same Person".

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JosieTash said:

From memory, Smallville in Oz is similar to what happened to Neighbours ...started out on one of the main channels [channel 10, and yes, I know Neighbours was on Channel 7 first but they axed it - the channel's oz soap void was filled soon after by H&A !!!!] but then moved to one of 10's secondary channels [namely Ch 11]. Must admit that the only reason I know about Amy on Buffy is that I looked at her on imdb after I saw her on the big screen in ENCHANTED ....... and cos knew that I had "Family" [and the film TALLEDEGA NIGHTS which also features the bloodnut in question] on  DVD in my collection.

Yes, it was much the same here. The first season got a fairly prominent showing on Channel 4, one of the main channels, but the second season onwards premiered on their secondary channel, E4, which didn't have as wide an audience at the time. It was meant to be repeated on Channel 4 but it was given a fairly throwaway Sunday afternoon slot and shown so sporadically that E4 had shown Season 5 before Channel 4 had started Season 4, which was the point I gave up and started buying the DVDs as they came out. The Channel 4 showings seemed to end up on Saturday mornings and I'm not sure if the last season was ever shown.

Here's Amy Adams in Smallville anyway (and no, she doesn't look any more like a 14/15-year-old than anyone else on the show):

107CravingJodiMelville.jpg

32 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Here's Amy Adams in Smallville anyway (and no, she doesn't look any more like a 14/15-year-old than anyone else on the show):

107CravingJodiMelville.jpg

Thanks for the UK goss on Smallville ....and for the pic of Amy. Your comment reminded me of something I wrote in mine and Miranda's Terminator spoof on here .....

162769053429 Accessing database

Rominator “New plan. Ruby & I will be fellow students in VJ’s classes.”

Ruby “We WON’T be able to pass ourselves off as teens.”

Rominator “Yes, we will. My database indicates that many TV shows feature actors in their 20s playing high school kids.”

VJ [sarcastically] “And if it’s on TV, it MUST be true.”

Ruby “Back to school we go then, [she looks at the Rominator] but you & me with different identities.”

• Like 1