Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

Oh bah I hated homework in school holidays and that's why I always claimed to lose it :lol:

Yes Cocco should add bit of mystery to her story Maybe have the kids start to vanish and it turns out they are being made into the school dinners.. No wait too dark? Ok then :lol:

Silly Miss Johnson's mind is about to be blown with Raffy's story isn't it? She just doesn't know the half of it haha

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand Raffy's excitement here. I loved English class and was such a little teacher's pet, always sucking up and looking for approval :lol: No change there really!!! Lol! For her though, it's not just about writing something for English, it's giving her an opportunity to really get to know her family. To know what they went through. I can also understand her teacher's concern because it would be quite a stretch for a kid without her connections to write a story about something like that but I suspect her story will blow them all away! Looking forward to the interviews. I imagine it will be hard for the Morgans to open up, but I hope that they do. Coco's in a difficult position because no matter what she writes it won't be as interesting as Raffy's story! 

I feel like you guys have high expectations of Raffy's story and I'm going to let you all down! Haha. We're going in to 2 of my fav chapters now. :D

Chapter 10

Mason dropped by to pick up some dinner from Salt, waiting for Brody to finish putting it all in the bag.

“Where were you this morning?” Brody asked. He and Justin had their suspicions after Raffy had brought up the subject at breakfast.

“I worked the late shift, I came in after everyone left and slept.” Mason sounded confident but Brody was not at all convinced. Tori was on the late shift and had come home before anyone had woken up. It would be unlikely that she'd come home at a different time.

Mason was hiding something, but Brody was just unsure what that was. “Who's dinner for?” Brody was hoping to get some kind of accidental give away, but unfortunately Mason was not playing ball.

“Justin and I. Raffy and Tori have gone out for some kind of girls night.” Mason rolled his eyes, he was definitely not interested in knowing anything about what the girls were up to.

Brody handed Mason the bag of food and walked towards the stock room to find his phone. He text Justin “Are you digging?” He was hoping Justin would understand what that meant.

A few minutes passed and his phone buzzed. “Digging? I'm not hiding a dead body!” Brody laughed, maybe he underestimated Justin's sense of humour.

I mean Mason.” Brody was sure Justin would know what he meant now.

Buzz buzz. “I haven't seen him.”

Now Brody was sure there was something going on with Mason. Why would he lie about being with Justin tonight, especially knowing Justin wouldn't cover for him if he didn't ask in advance. And it's obvious Justin is as much in the dark about what's going on here as Brody is.

As Brody put his phone away and headed back to the kitchen he saw someone he didn't recognise walk into the restaurant. She was wearing a long grey dress with a slit up her left leg, her hair in a plait across the top of her head like a headband. He stopped in his tracks, and perched himself up against the bar. She walked towards a table for 2 and sat down to face the exit, waiting for the waitress to get to her. Brody watched the back of her head with awe. Who was she? And why was she here?

She wasn't moving, so he headed back to the kitchen as originally planned before the distraction. He had main courses to make, and desserts to prepare.

On his way to the stock room, he saw her walking towards the bar. There was a man sat at her table, and his heart sank. Of course someone like that would be taken. He stayed at the bar to serve her, she was just a customer after all.

He put the most handsome smile on his face, “what can I get you?” he asked her. She looked around at her date.

“Out of here?” she asked, much to Brody's surprise. “I'm on a Tinder date and he's awful!” Brody laughed to himself. “It's not funny, please!” she begged. “What if he's a murderer? Could you live with that on your conscience?” He motioned his hand for her to come closer.

“Tell him you're going to the toilet...” the look on her face said she didn't like where this was going. “I'll take your drinks to the table, and accidentally spill his all over him...forcing him to leave.” She rolled her eyes, she had no faith that this plan was going to work. “Once he's gone, I'll send a waitress in to get you, and I'll buy you a drink.” Brody definitely felt like he was pushing his luck, but could he live with himself if he didn't even give it a try?

Her mouth widened and she showed him a beautiful, white gleaming smile. “Deal.” This wasn't going to be the worst Tinder date she'd been on if Brody had anything to do with it, even if he wasn't the date she went to meet. She left the bar and walked towards the toilet. She gave a little head motion to the guy sat at her table, letting him know where she was going. Brody looked on the till and checked what their previous drink order was, seeing as he actually forgot to ask what he needed to take to the table. A beer and a glass of white. Assuming the beer was his, he headed towards their table.
“Hey” he said as he placed the glass of wine into the empty space on the table. The man looked up at him with his phone in his hand, but didn't show any interest. Brody prepared himself to tip the beer. Instead of just the glass, the whole tray went into the mans lap. “oh crap, I'm so sorry!” He wasn't. The man looked angry. Brody could see why this mystery girl didn't want to stay, he didn't exactly seem like the nicest of guys from first impressions.
He stood up, removed his coat from the back of the seat, turned to Brody and said “If you think I'm paying for this, you're wrong.” And like that, he was gone.

Brody sent the closest waitress in to the ladies to retrieve his new drinking buddy for the night. But much to his surprise, she came out and informed Brody they were empty.

Ooh, mysterious. Pretty young tinder lady playing hard to get, lol! That was a bit opportunistic of Brody, but you can't blame a guy for trying I suppose :D Also, just who is Mason feeding all that food to? and I loved Justin's reply! Lol! Looking forward to the next one!

22 minutes ago, Ludub said:

Ooh, mysterious. Pretty young tinder lady playing hard to get, lol! That was a bit opportunistic of Brody, but you can't blame a guy for trying I suppose :D Also, just who is Mason feeding all that food to? and I loved Justin's reply! Lol! Looking forward to the next one!

Mason is feeding his ego :wink: 

Well I wouldn't like it if the bar man wormed his way into stealing my date very cheeky of Brody Oh and what a waste of drink :lol: So I'm quite glad that the girl had vanished I was thinking she might have mixed her dates up anyway and was meant be seeing Mason If so Mason has some grovelling to do haha

When Brody asked Justin if he was digging I was wondering if he had become a construction worker with one of those yellow hard hats and automatic drills getting shook about  :lol: My mind does  wander to the most strange places sometimes

Archived