Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

Love the friendship here between Justin and Ash, and the fact that he's so genuinely pleased for him and his news ahout Luc. It's nice that Justin and Scarlett have their friendship too but will it become more than platonic? That's the question. And Louisa? Hmmm That old 'there's something wrong with my car, mr hot mechanic' trick, eh?! :lol: 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Hope you're all having a fab week.

Thanks for the kind words last time, it's been a while but I have moved and started a new job, yay.
I'm now living 20 mins from Palm Beach, and was going to go up after work last night but thought it would be pointless. Then I saw Emily's Insta that they were doing a night shoot. Kicked myself this morning. 

Chapter 7

Later that night, Scarlett arrived home early, true to her word. She text Justin and they met in Salt. The minute she set eyes on him she made a beeline towards him. She threw her arms around his shoulders and dug her face into his shoulder blades. He wasn't expecting her to be so happy to see him, something must have gone down.

“I'm so happy to be back” she exclaimed. “I missed the sea air, and Brody's cooking, and my friends.” her eyes looked up towards his. He smiled and pulled away from their hug.

“Let's get a table shall we? Brody's working tonight, so you don't have to miss his food any longer,” he laughed. They walked towards an empty table near the window, and Justin pulled out the chair for Scarlett to sit in. He walked towards the bar to help himself to a bottle of wine and glasses, he'd pay for it later. When he got back to the table Scarlett was looking at the menu. “See anything you'd like?” He asked her.

“Oh, I don't know. I could eat everything!” She giggled. “But I'll probably have a pizza.” Justin looked up from his menu and caught her eye. She was pouring the wine for them.

“Two pizzas it is then. I'll go tell Brody.” As he got ready to stand up and walk towards the kitchen, Brody came out and started walking towards their table. Scarlett had been a massive help in his recovery and nobody really knew why, until recently.

“Hey guys!” He started, “how long have you been back? It's good to see you.” the smile on his face showed his sincerity. He really was glad she was back, he was glad that his family could be there to help her through what she'd been facing the last couple of months.

“I got in about half hour ago. Dropped my bags off and came straight here.” She replied to him, not losing eye contact with his sweet ocean blue eyes.

“Great,” Brody pulled out his notepad from his pocket, “what can I get you guys then?” He put his pen to paper when they gave him their answer. He nodded and walked off back to the kitchen.

“Sooo?” Justin asked, with the curiosity in the tone of his voice. “How was it?”

Scarlett spoke with her hands before opening her mouth, “it was hard. It was like he didn't want me there.” Her son, Max, hadn't seen his mum in about 8 months. “Mum had obviously said something about me, and he's at the age where he registers what he hears, and makes assumptions.” She continued, “he doesn't know yet about Caleb, I didn't have the heart to break the news to him.” The look in her eyes showed her disappointment. Justin knew when she left that she really wanted this to work. He saw tears forming in the corners of her eyes. “He's just so young, you know? It's not fair.” Justin nodded as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hands. She sniffed and put on a brave smile. “Anyway,” Justin couldn't believe she was just going to change the subject, “how's things here? Did you miss me?”

He looked her in the eyes and took one hand in his. “Very much” he said with a sympathetic smile. They both moved their hands and went for their wine glasses. They were just friends, but they had a connection that anybody could see and would assume it was more.

When the pizza came, Scarlett looked at Justin's with envy. He could tell she was regretting her toppings decision and without a word he used the spare plate and moved half of his pizza onto it, pushing it towards her. She then picked up half of her pizza and put it on his plate. She giggled to herself. She knew this would happen. Every time she sees someone else's food she changes her mind, she's just very lucky that Justin was a generous dinner date.

They talked, and laughed. They drank and ate. They were so grateful at this moment for each others friendship.

“So Raffy's going to work here over the holidays,” he started to tell her “Brody roped her into it, with the promise from us to help her with her English.” Scarlett looked confused.

“But she's really good with school work? Why would she need a boofhead like you to help her?” They caught each others eyes and laughed.

“Ha. Ha.” Justin's was more sarcastic. “She wants to write a story about people in witness protection.” Scarlett lifted her head up like half a nod as she now understood the reason for help. “We haven't really opened up all that much to her, so I guess its her way of reaching out.” looking at him, you could tell he was imagining something, “I'm pretty sure she'll do us justice.” Scarlett laughed as she finished her pizza.

Once they'd finished their wine at the table, they walked up to the bar. Scarlett said goodbye to Brody, putting some money on the bar and gave Justin half a hug. “Thanks for tonight. It's so good to be back.” She took her arm back and started walking away.

Justin watched her leave, and turned back to Brody. “I'm so glad you tried to car jack her mate.” Brody winced. He never wanted to be reminded of his difficult time. “She came into our lives for a reason.” Brody knew what Justin was saying was true. It wasn't just Justin's life she'd been a significant part of, it was Brody's too.

And if Justin and Scarlett ever end up getting married the fact that Brody car jacked her will be one of the main points in the best man's speech :lol:

Which do you enjoy more your new job or being 20 minutes from Palm Beach? :lol:

Oh god, this scene between Justin and Scarlett is just beautiful :wub: Loved it. A friendship like that (and I'm going to accept that it's just platonic for now) is a really precious thing. It does happen. Two people can find a connection that isn't about leaping into bed together. I know soaps aren't too keen on that, preferring to force the attractive actors together at breakneck speed, but I loved this. Justin slipping his pizza onto her plate without having to ask, or be asked (I can sympathize, I too am a food envier! :lol:) The wordless communication... so lovely. And I really liked that little scene with Justin joking about the carjacking. Maybe too soon for Brody, but funny all the same! Looking forward to more! x

Archived