Past, Present and Future

Kellicopter

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh the mysterious Louisa returns Is she also Brody's blind date? :lol:  I don't know why but Alf vowing to himself to get Justin and Scarlett together before he croaks it was amusing. And Justin holding the chair out for Scarlett to place her bum into made me laugh Was Justin admiring her bottom? :lol:

Love this chapter :wub:

You wrote Justin's awkwardness incredibly well. I have been stuck in the middle of those kind of situations far too often. It's awful! I wonder why Justin was so strange though? Does he actually like this mysterious Lou, or was he just panicking that Scarlett was going to get the wrong impression? Or does it have something to do with Witness Protection? Intriguing to say the least. 

Also, loved Alf's scene at the start and the fact that he wants them together. He's not the only one!!!

'Only best friends could do that' lol! 

Thank you everyone. I'm so sorry that I've been slack! I'm trying to post a chapter as I write one but I'm leaving it so long that I'm struggling to do that. Your words mean a lot and are definitely taking this story in different directions than where I thought it was going :) 

On 28/09/2017 at 04:23, Ludub said:

'Only best friends could do that' lol! 

My best friend from home was male and I've based a lot of their friendship on what him and I had. Admittedly I had friend zoned him a couple of times, but we were never together like everyone outside our bubble thought. Obviously I want Justin and Scarlett to end up together though :wub:

9 minutes ago, Kellicopter said:

Thank you everyone. I'm so sorry that I've been slack! I'm trying to post a chapter as I write one but I'm leaving it so long that I'm struggling to do that. Your words mean a lot and are definitely taking this story in different directions than where I thought it was going :) 

My best friend from home was male and I've based a lot of their friendship on what him and I had. Admittedly I had friend zoned him a couple of times, but we were never together like everyone outside our bubble thought. Obviously I want Justin and Scarlett to end up together though :wub:

Well Scarlett gave Justin the kiss of life. Not so long ago But I think thats as luck as his going to get :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, with the help of the fantastic @Ludub I think I have overcome my writers block. :D  Lot's of fresh new ideas to get me to where I want to be. 
Before the update though - Palm Beach today. Went with someone who actually knows their stuff which was lovely. Saw Ada, Sam, Jake, Ray, Georgie and George (he wasn't filming, having a family day in the cafe! then out on a boat)

22281854_10155861540053593_6856650591539

Also went back after work and got a selfie with Georgie but it's not very good so I won't post that one! 

Anyway - storytime.

Chapter 18

Raffy sat in the library at the school with Coco. School finished about an hour ago but they were both pretty stuck into their holiday projects already. Coco had decided she was going to write a mystery story about students going missing in her school and her mum getting the blame, with a character based on herself trying to prove her innocence. She'd spoken to a friend she'd made online, who was from the UK. He had given her some ideas and guidance. Raffy had made a start, but scrapped her idea of writing from Buddy's point of view. She realised that was a silly idea that she'd come up with while incredibly tired late at night, and not at all useable. Unfortunately she hadn't been able to lock in days for her other interviews, but she was confident they'd happen in the next week or so. She needed to sort something before she started working at Salt, she wasn't sure how many shifts Brody was going to be giving her.

As the girls were tap tap tapping away on their laptops, notebooks and pens out too, Maggie came up behind them with a couple of milkshakes. She may be the embarrassing principal, but she was a pretty awesome mum, or so Raffy thought anyway. Maggie was thankful for Raffy making Coco enjoy school again, it had been so long since anything was enjoyable to her younger teenage daughter.
“Don't work too hard girls” Maggie put the milkshakes beside them on the table, and said to them both, “I'll be in my office if you need me, and we'll leave here about 5.” She smiled at them and started to walk away.

“Cheers Mrs A!” Raffy replied, not losing eye contact with her screen, fingers still typing away.

Coco took a sip of her milkshake, but showed no gratitude towards her mum.

Raffy started writing on her paper, she'd needed to decide how many characters her story would focus on. Whether she'd stick to her family's drama or reinvent it. She didn't know much about drugs in general let alone a drug syndicate. Maybe that's something she could include in Justin's interview. She started writing out new questions. Tori didn't give too much away but she knew her brothers would have more to tell her.

Coco was currently writing names of her disappearing characters. The first was going to be the most popular girl in school, a bitch to rival that horrible Jenny a few years above her at Summer Bay High. She was going to be named Harriet. Nobody was going to be sad about Harriet going missing, especially her friend group. Harriet was going to be followed by her boyfriend, the supposed coolest guy in year 12, Tate. He was going to look for her and end up missing too. Each day would pass with another friend going missing and the concern within the school growing. Coco realised she wasn't sure how to write herself.

“Would you write yourself accurately?” Coco asked Raffy. “As in describe yourself....Or would you make up a new character based on you?” She looked at Raffy with intent. Her mind was all over the place.

“I'd probably just make a whole new person,” Raffy said after some careful consideration. “She can be Coco 2.0.” Her friend was great, but imagine how cool an imaginary Coco could be if she wanted her to be.

Raffy picked up her milkshake and took a sip. She thought it was nice of Maggie to include her in the nice things she does for her daughter, she even managed to choose her favourite flavour. She was however hoping that this mouthful of milkshake would give her some more ideas. With only one interview done, she struggled to picture the path her story would take, she needed a brother.

Raffy reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. No new notifications. That didn't surprise her as the only person she spoke to outside of the family was sat right next to her. She opened her messages and wrote“Plans tonight?” she sent the text to Justin. She knew he was the only one not likely to be working past 5. And at least with one more interview out of the way she'll be able to learn more about her characters.

The library was quiet and almost empty, so the noticeable sound of heels clip clopping on the wooden floor was heard throughout the room. Miss Johnson came towards the table Coco and Raffy were sitting at.

“Always working hard you girls.” Miss Johnson said as she pulled out a chair and sat next to Coco.

“Need any help before we leave for the holidays?” She asked. Both girls looked at each other and then at their teacher. They were pretty happy with their work so far, and they knew they were ahead of the rest of the class.

“I think we're okay.” Raffy told Miss Johnson, “and if we have any trouble, we can always ask Mrs Astoni.” She finished. Coco rolled her eyes and nodded her head. At that moment Raffy's phone vibrated on the table.

None yet. Why?” Justin had replied.

Interview? Salt at 5:30.” Raffy sent back to him. He's already told her he has no plans so he can't even try to get out of it now.

Miss Johnson took the silence from the girls as her cue to leave. She stood up moving the chair out of her way. “I'll see you girls for our last class tomorrow.” And just like that, she was gone, clip clopping her way out of the library.

Great chapter 

Liked Coco’s idea for a story.

I can’t wait for the interview with Justin.

I wish my teacher asked if I needed help that was nice of Miss Johnson.

Update again soon :)

Archived