Escape (by Ludub) - comments

Well, I'm not wanting to beat anyone to death so far, at least you're looking at the situation realistically rather than the show's attempts to present it as some sort of viable option.(I am slightly worried that our brains seem to be in synchronisation but that's another story, literally.)I'll stick with it for now, see where you take it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kristen said:

Great start Lubud.

Liked Brax helping Josh and Andy.

Poor Kyle

Update again soon :)

Thanks Kristen :wub: Really appreciate your continued support and I'm glad you liked the first chapter.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, I'm not wanting to beat anyone to death so far, at least you're looking at the situation realistically rather than the show's attempts to present it as some sort of viable option.(I am slightly worried that our brains seem to be in synchronisation but that's another story, literally.)I'll stick with it for now, see where you take it.

Thanks Red :P You probably have a good inkling of where I'll take this story (especially considering the title :wink:) I am really interested to read your version of events though (the complete opposite of mine, I imagine) if that's what you're intending to write. We might both feel like hunting each other down, and strangling the other, when we get to the end of the stories though, haha! :wink:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great start, Ludub :)

Felt sorry for Kyle

Liked how Brax is there to help Andy and Josh

Update soon please xx

Thanks Jarlie! :P Really glad you liked. I feel bad for Kyle too :blush: Poor guy! He never has it easy in my stories, does he?! :(

Interesting start! :) 

I like that you're exploring the realities of life on the run. It's certainly not easy and even though they love each other and are thankful for each other, Josh and Andy's relationship will be tested in a way it's never been tested before. There really is no going back.

Poor Kyle :( I feel really bad for him, going through such a terrible ordeal. Like that he has Brax and his family, but at the moment, he probably just wants to be left alone. Understandable he's not letting Brax in to help him.

I hope that Brax will somehow be able to help Josh and Andy. And Kyle as well. 

I look forward to more :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Interesting start! :) 

I like that you're exploring the realities of life on the run. It's certainly not easy and even though they love each other and are thankful for each other, Josh and Andy's relationship will be tested in a way it's never been tested before. There really is no going back.

Poor Kyle :( I feel really bad for him, going through such a terrible ordeal. Like that he has Brax and his family, but at the moment, he probably just wants to be left alone. Understandable he's not letting Brax in to help him.

I hope that Brax will somehow be able to help Josh and Andy. And Kyle as well. 

I look forward to more :P

Thanks KittCatt :P So glad you enjoyed it!

I think this is probably a bit more of a realistic (if very bleak) look at what life on the run would be like. The show kind of had them driving off into the sunset as though that was the end of the story and we're meant to imagine that everything will be fine for them once they get away. But I don't think that Andy had that much of a plan. Once you'd get away, you'd suddenly be hit with the reality of your situation - that you have absolutely nowhere to go and there's no going back (as you say). They'd need someone to help them out if they're ever going to survive out there. They can't just go and stay in a hotel or a B&B if they're going to have any chance of staying under the radar, and living rough would be pretty awful after the first day or two. You'd be tired and filthy and uncomfortable. After a month of isolation like that I reckon they'd be ready to kill each other (like proper cabin fever) and the anxiety of thinking that they could get caught at any moment would exacerbate any tension between them. Going on the run is not all it's cracked up to be, or the easy way out that the show would like us to think it is.

Still, prison wouldn't exactly be a barrel of laughs either. I can't help thinking that Kyle would be having a truly terrible time (if he were real). Brax and Ash made a lot of enemies inside, particularly Gunno, and the show kind of implied that he was going to be a target simply because he was a Braxton. That image of him staring at his arm tattoo will probably haunt me forever! :( So again, I wanted to represent the other side of the coin. I don't think that Josh would have survived very long in prison, especially if he and Andy had ended up in different prisons for the next 25 years (which they probably would have). 

In reality, I don't think that either option is particularly appealing. Lucky this story is called 'Escape', eh?! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Asking Brax for help in my eyes is never a good opition He always seemed to make matters worse in the show :lol:

Liking that you have Gunno in this story... Not sure how your going to link Josh/Andy with Kyle's story yet but I expect you will somehow..

• Like 2

I absolutely love it

Poor Kyle, Gunno being after him is just awful. 

Brax and Ash would of made him angry and he'll be taking it all out on Kyle ??:(

Love how you've got Andy and Josh in your story and how Brax is helping them 

I just hope that Brax can help Kyle as well that wouldn't evolve getting Kyle in more trouble and getting himself in trouble as well

please update soon 

Edited by Suzza101
  • Like 1