Escape (by Ludub) - comments

6 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

But as it stands, his life's already over at 19.He'll never have a normal life without serving his time.A few weeks down the line, he's already re-offending.That's his life from now on.No-one else can have anything to do with him except ex-criminals, because no-one can legally employ him.He'll spend the rest of his life committing crimes just to stay alive.He'll probably be dead before the 25 years would have been up, he'll probably be psychologically damaged and irredeemably corrupted by the life that Andy has forced him into.Even if they get out of the country, he'll be an exile from everything he knows forever, and have to go somewhere where the laws are a lot harsher than what he's used to and the living conditions a lot poorer than you'd even get in jail.He's got very little chance either way.Prison is the lesser of two evils: There is a chance it will be over, unlike what he's got now.He has 19 years of memory of normal life (give or take Andy inviting him to murder people), he's got his HSC, he's got employment history.He had a chance of appealing against his sentence which Andy took away from him, just as he took away any chance of the self-defence plea washing the moment he implicated him in Jake's murder and made it clear that he killed one person to cover up another killing.(Charlotte might have forced his hand, but what would he have done if she hadn't?Ask her nicely?No court's going to believe that when he went there with the intention of shutting her up.)It's 25 years in hell and a slim chance of redemption, versus a lifetime in hell and eternal damnation.Andy's turned him into a lifelong criminal, which is what he wanted in the first place.Crime is normal for him now.The doe-eyed teenager with the lovely hair is going to be waving guns about for a long, long time.Or dead before he's 25.

You're absolutely right. I don't disagree with anything you said. If it were real then their lives were effectively over the moment Josh admitted to Kat what he'd done. In the real world a life on the run wouldnt be worth living, but neither would life in prison. Either way he'll turn out a career criminal. I think the Thelma and Louise option is really the only attractive option. Headscarves and all :wink:

(Disclaimer - My story isn't set in the real world so I can't guarantee it'll be bound by the strictures of reality (with all the misery that that entails) You may still want to hunt me down and strangle me when this is finished :P)

• Like 1

I guess Kyle could gain some sort of super power from being blown up in the van the human torch maybe :lol: 

I like to think of Ricky still suffering just because she was silly enough to leave Nate for Brax in the show Trouble will always find Brax.

Quite low of him to blackmail Andy and Josh into helping him though I thought but then again nobody has much of a choice with this mess..

• Like 1

Oh my.. I really hope Kyle and Andy are okay. Great twist with the doctor/vet :lol: If i was Josh I'd be worried too, but there are limited options- a vet would have to do. Quite disappointing that Josh thought Andy fired the shot instead of the guards. 

I really feel for Kyle- Brax gave him no choice and nearly killed him in the process. If he was in jail, there was a chance he could still have a family when he gets out but Brax essentially took that option away from him, even though he thought he was doing the right thing. Great scene with Kyle and Brax.  

I look forward to more :) 

• Like 1

Great chapter.Fair play to Brax and Andy for getting the guards out, it would have been very hard to justify their behaviour if they hadn't.Also loved that Kyle got to put the other side of the argument across to Brax, that sometimes doing your time is the best option even if those on the outside don't see it that way.The crazy vet operating on Andy was wonderful black comedy.

• Like 1

Great chapter 

glad Kyle's okay and I think that it's very fair of him to get mad at Brax as much as Brax was trying to help his little brother by doing the right thing. 

I do hope that Kyle does see Brax's side soon and that they manage to still get his sentence reduced cause I don't really see Kyke going on the run with a broken leg an option. 

Hope Andys okay

• Like 1

Great chapter

I hope everyone makes it through the airport.

Hopefully Andy won't die that crazy doctor/vet did a number on Andy.

Update again soon Ludub :)

Edited by Kristen

Oh my... It really doesn't look good for Andy now does it? Being so ill and worried the crazy vet connected his insides wrong :lol: Loving the crazy vet -talking about sausage castings.. asking about what breed of dog Andy is! :lol: Love their makeovers too :lol: Can't imagine Josh with blond hair... haha!

I hope they get overseas alright. A part of me is thinking 'uncle Theo' is setting them up because, well, he does seem quite shady. And this plan might backfire really badly.

And i also liked the scene between Ricky and Brax where he yet again makes promises he might not be able to keep.. I'm sure Ricky's a bit fed up by now.

I look forward to more :) 

• Like 1