Escape (by Ludub) - comments

6 hours ago, Suzza101 said:

I absolutely love it

Poor Kyle, Gunno being after him is just awful. 

Brax and Ash would of made him angry and he'll be taking it all out on Kyle ??:(

Love how you've got Andy and Josh in your story and how Brax is helping them 

I just hope that Brax can help Kyle as well that wouldn't evolve getting Kyle in more trouble and getting himself in trouble as well

please update soon 

Thanks Suzza! :) I'm so glad you liked it! Poor Kyle is having a pretty terrible time of it alright :( I think Brax would feel pretty guilty about that (even if it is Kyle's own fault that he's in there). Hope to have a new chapter up tonight :wink:(tomorrow morning in Australia) x

• Like 1

Great chapter!

Oh dear :unsure: Doesn't look very good for Kyle now does it? I really hope he is okay... Is he always going to suffer??

I thought that Brax would use Josh and Andy for Kyle's escape plan! I'm glad they're all trying to help each other out. I understand Ricky's concern completely, but it is very, very likely Kyle will die if he stays in jail so i understand Brax needing to get him out by whatever means he see's necessary.

I like Josh and Andy's reaction to everything too. Josh is certainly behaving quite selfishly, and blaming everything on Andy, which is very in character. I like that you're showing how their life is far from perfect, and that their relationship is suffering. Spending the rest of their lives together with no other human contact certainly wouldn't be a walk in the park.

I look forward to more :P

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys! :P

20 hours ago, KittCatt said:

I like Josh and Andy's reaction to everything too. Josh is certainly behaving quite selfishly, and blaming everything on Andy, which is very in character. I like that you're showing how their life is far from perfect, and that their relationship is suffering. Spending the rest of their lives together with no other human contact certainly wouldn't be a walk in the park.

17 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I think Josh is right to be mad at Andy, who's screwed his life up for about the sixth time

I think Josh has a right to be upset and frustrated with Andy for bringing him all the way out there with no real plan of what they were going to do, but he can't really blame him for much else. Or maybe he can. Andy did kill Jake and that was the reason that Josh went to confront Charlotte in the first place. No Jake murder, no Charlotte self-defense killing. But if we're talking about more recent developments, it was Josh that messed things up, and brought about this nightmare chain of events. Josh kind of screwed Andy over when you think about it. Andy was going to take the blame and go to prison for the foreseeable future. He was willing to do that for Josh. The only reason that he confessed to the murder of Jake Pirovic (and threw away his life) was to save Josh from prison. Josh deciding to confess like that meant that it had all been for nothing, and it was kind of like he just threw it all back in his face. The fact that Andy isn't angry with him for that is pretty amazing. I do think that it's in character for Josh to react in an angry and defensive way towards him though, now that he's realised what a mess they're in. It's how he usually deals with things, and the isolation and fear of getting caught would be getting to him now. Mind you, I don't see how 25 years in prison would have been a better option (or a fair sentence for self-defense, but we won't get into that). I'm not condoning people going on the run but if I was in Josh's position I would rather be dead than go to prison for 25 years. Maybe I shouldn't say that, but it's true. 

17 hours ago, Kristen said:

Hopefully Kyle will be alright 

17 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I really hope you're going to be kind to Kyle..

15 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Hoping Kyle better be okay

26 minutes ago, Suzza101 said:

oh no poor Kyle, I really hope he's going to be okay

I feel bad for being so cruel to Kyle. He's my favourite character so I'm not sure why he always has to suffer so much in my stories. I guess if you're gonna have someone to feel sorry for in the story, then it had better be someone that you actually care about, and who can pull at your heartstrings. For me, there's no-one I love more than Kyle, so it's always going to be him I'm afraid. Poor guy! :unsure:

Thanks again to everyone for reading and for taking the time to comment x

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ludub said:

Andy did kill Jake and that was the reason that Josh went to confront Charlotte in the first place. No Jake murder, no Charlotte self-defense killing. But if we're talking about more recent developments, it was Josh that messed things up, and brought about this nightmare chain of events. Josh kind of screwed Andy over when you think about it. Andy was going to take the blame and go to prison for the foreseeable future. He was willing to do that for Josh. The only reason that he confessed to the murder of Jake Pirovic (and threw away his life) was to save Josh from prison. Josh deciding to confess like that meant that it had all been for nothing, and it was kind of like he just threw it all back in his face. The fact that Andy isn't angry with him for that is pretty amazing. I do think that it's in character for Josh to react in an angry and defensive way towards him though, now that he's realised what a mess they're in. It's how he usually deals with things, and the isolation and fear of getting caught would be getting to him now. Mind you, I don't see how 25 years in prison would have been a better option (or a fair sentence for self-defense, but we won't get into that). I'm not condoning people going on the run but if I was in Josh's position I would rather be dead than go to prison for 25 years. Maybe I shouldn't say that, but it's true. 

I'd say it's the other way round.Josh basically killed Charlotte because he was protecting Andy and trying to stop his murder of Jake being exposed.And what does Andy do?Not only confess to Jake's murder but in the process basically land Josh in it by exposing him as an accessory, meaning Josh killed Charlotte for nothing and they'd have been better off just letting her go to the police since then they'd have had lighter sentences.I don't see how spending the rest of your life (potentially 60-70 years) in a prison of your own making or indeed death are any better than spending 25 years in prison and then having at least a chance of a normal life at the end.

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I don't see how spending the rest of your life (potentially 60-70 years) in a prison of your own making or indeed death are any better than spending 25 years in prison and then having at least a chance of a normal life at the end.

I don't think anyone who has spent 25 years in prison has even the slightest chance of a 'normal life' when they're released. Not much of one anyway. Our society isn't set up to rehabilitate people and certainly isn't very forgiving. He would come out of prison with no understanding of how to make it in the real world and very little support to do so. The only people who would still know him or want anything to do with him (maybe) are other ex criminals. Who wants to hire a 45 year old convicted murderer (with no qualifications or work experience)? It's the reason so many people reoffend. There are so few options open to you. This is all assuming that you're not so institutionalised by your experiences in prison that you really can't cope with life on the outside. People have been dictating your miserable life in the most rigid and structured of ways for your entire adult life. How do you deal with not having that anymore? And then there's the physical violence element that's very real in prison life. I think it's very unlikely that Josh would emerge from 25 years in custody a better adjusted person or any better at controlling his temper. It's much more likely that living in that type of environment would lead to serious behavioural problems, and again, he'd be more likely to reoffend. Or, depending on what happened to him in there, he might just be too traumatised to make it his full sentence. He might not survive 25 years. I wasn't saying I'd want to go on the run. I said I'd rather be dead. But maybe that's just me.

Edited by Ludub

8 hours ago, Ludub said:

I don't think anyone who has spent 25 years in prison has even the slightest chance of a 'normal life' when they're released. Not much of one anyway. Our society isn't set up to rehabilitate people and certainly isn't very forgiving. He would come out of prison with no understanding of how to make it in the real world and very little support to do so. The only people who would still know him or want anything to do with him (maybe) are other ex criminals. Who wants to hire a 45 year old convicted murderer (with no qualifications or work experience)? It's the reason so many people reoffend. There are so few options open to you. This is all assuming that you're not so institutionalised by your experiences in prison that you really can't cope with life on the outside. People have been dictating your miserable life in the most rigid and structured of ways for your entire adult life. How do you deal with not having that anymore? And then there's the physical violence element that's very real in prison life. I think it's very unlikely that Josh would emerge from 25 years in custody a better adjusted person or any better at controlling his temper. It's much more likely that living in that type of environment would lead to serious behavioural problems, and again, he'd be more likely to reoffend. Or, depending on what happened to him in there, he might just be too traumatised to make it his full sentence. He might not survive 25 years. I wasn't saying I'd want to go on the run. I said I'd rather be dead. But maybe that's just me.

But as it stands, his life's already over at 19.He'll never have a normal life without serving his time.A few weeks down the line, he's already re-offending.That's his life from now on.No-one else can have anything to do with him except ex-criminals, because no-one can legally employ him.He'll spend the rest of his life committing crimes just to stay alive.He'll probably be dead before the 25 years would have been up, he'll probably be psychologically damaged and irredeemably corrupted by the life that Andy has forced him into.Even if they get out of the country, he'll be an exile from everything he knows forever, and have to go somewhere where the laws are a lot harsher than what he's used to and the living conditions a lot poorer than you'd even get in jail.He's got very little chance either way.Prison is the lesser of two evils: There is a chance it will be over, unlike what he's got now.He has 19 years of memory of normal life (give or take Andy inviting him to murder people), he's got his HSC, he's got employment history.He had a chance of appealing against his sentence which Andy took away from him, just as he took away any chance of the self-defence plea washing the moment he implicated him in Jake's murder and made it clear that he killed one person to cover up another killing.(Charlotte might have forced his hand, but what would he have done if she hadn't?Ask her nicely?No court's going to believe that when he went there with the intention of shutting her up.)It's 25 years in hell and a slim chance of redemption, versus a lifetime in hell and eternal damnation.Andy's turned him into a lifelong criminal, which is what he wanted in the first place.Crime is normal for him now.The doe-eyed teenager with the lovely hair is going to be waving guns about for a long, long time.Or dead before he's 25.

• Like 1