Who thinks 90s Irene would get along better with Colleen

j.laur5

Irene's character changed around 1998 and stopped being a comical character and become more firm type of character.

During 2000s Irene always used to get impatient with Colleen's comical behaviour.

I was just thinking when I was watching Irene in the Early Years the other day that if Colleen was on Home & Away in the 90s her and Colleen would get along better. 

Definitely. Irene's role in the show changed. I take your point about 1998, but for me it was in 2000 when she was about to marry Ken and had all the Smith family, she became a proper "Pippa" like foster mum for the first time, rather than a hap-hazard one, and stopped being comedic and became one of the "adults" if you know what I mean.

34 minutes ago, beau_t said:

Definitely. Irene's role in the show changed. I take your point about 1998, but for me it was in 2000 when she was about to marry Ken and had all the Smith family, she became a proper "Pippa" like foster mum for the first time, rather than a hap-hazard one, and stopped being comedic and became one of the "adults" if you know what I mean.

But what about her relationship with Colleen if Colleen had be on show in 90s. 

No no, in Colleen's ignorance I think she would have been very judgemental of Irene being an alcoholic. She would not approved of the short skirts etc. Probably would have thought she was a "floosey". But maybe they would have overcome that. Also, Irene was still commical in 1998. Pretending she was an expert at typing and short hand and a computers but really being useless was funny. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived