Favourite guest/recurring characters in H&A.

Guest Homeandawayfan.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodge is definitely my favourite guest character by a country mile. Brilliant character in all respects and still memorable after all these years! :)

Other characters that are worthy of a mention are Barbara Stewart, Johnny Cooper, Bruce Campbell, Danny Braxton, Adam Sharpe, Brett Macklin, Angie Russell, Saul Bennett, Vicki Baxter, Marc Edwards and many more that I cannot think of off the top of my head.

I don't include Morag because she was a main character in 1989.

Alison Patterson. A very memorable supporting character and foe of Bobby and Roo.

I did like both versions of Bert King but I really liked Kevin Healy's one episode wonder appearance as Bert in 1988. 7 years later he returned with a new head played by Peter Collingwood (no relation to Lyn as far as I know).

Lois Crawford.

Stella Patterson. Both played by Tina Bursill.

• 3 weeks later...

Already mentioned, but Eve/"Zoe", the Summer Bay stalker. Can't believe that storyline was almost 10 years ago (the original Summer Bay stalker storyline, not the somewhat disappointing sequel a year or so later), it's still one of the best in H & A history in my view.

And I can't remember was she a regular (on the credits) or a recurring guest as it's so long ago now, but Josie Russell. I loved her. She was loyal, genuine and compassionate despite her flaws. Angie was brilliant too as a villain, you just loved to hate her!

Emily Perry and Laurie Foell were great actors, haven't heard anything about either of them in years now.

I also liked Viv/The "Guv", Alf's old flame/Dani's cellmate.

And of course Sam Tolhurst, I wasn't a huge fan of the Jack/Martha pairing at the time, so I was rooting for her. I was so sad when she was killed off, but disappointed that the writers made her kind of evil in the end.

And I can't remember was she a regular (on the credits) or a recurring guest as it's so long ago now, but Josie Russell. I loved her. She was loyal, genuine and compassionate despite her flaws. Angie was brilliant too as a villain, you just loved to hate her!

Emily Perry and Laurie Foell were great actors, haven't heard anything about either of them in years now.

Josie was a part of the main cast in late 2004 and all of 2005 until she eventually departed in episode 3993. I thought her stint was too brief but definitely an interesting character with many layers and despite her deep flaws she wasn't a bad person either.

Yes both Emily and Laurie have fallen off the face of the earth figuratively speaking. According to IMDB, Emily hasn't been in anymore acting roles since she reprised the role of Eve/Zoe in 2006 and Laurie was last credited in any role on a show called Cops L.A.C which was on back in 2010 and starred Kate Ritchie and Martin Dingle-Wall who played Sally and Flynn (first Flynn before he was recasted) on Home and Away obviously.

Josie was a part of the main cast in late 2004 and all of 2005 until she eventually departed in episode 3993. I thought her stint was too brief but definitely an interesting character with many layers and despite her deep flaws she wasn't a bad person either.

Yes both Emily and Laurie have fallen off the face of the earth figuratively speaking. According to IMDB, Emily hasn't been in anymore acting roles since she reprised the role of Eve/Zoe in 2006 and Laurie was last credited in any role on a show called Cops L.A.C which was on back in 2010 and starred Kate Ritchie and Martin Dingle-Wall who played Sally and Flynn (first Flynn before he was recasted) on Home and Away obviously.

Ooh you're right about Josie being part of the main cast, I now vaguely remember Josie being in a scene in the credits with Colleen and Jesse? (Edit - Just checked it on YouTube, and it's just Colleen in a scene with Josie, gossiping away with Josie smiling and looking nonplussed, no Jesse). Josie was a fab character, with so many layers, and was deep down a good person. I wish she would have stayed a bit longer. I remember being really disappointed that she was gone so soon.

Shame that Emily Perry hasn't acted in so long, she was a great actor. I actually didn't realise that Laurie was in a role as recently as 2010 (well to me that's recent-ish) with Kate Ritchie - I always like when actors that have worked on one show together reunite in different roles on a different show.

Laurie still does bits here and there, but is mainly enjoying married life and being a mother to their 5 year old son.

Oh good. I'm glad to hear that, and that she's happy :)

Just to add also another guest character I liked- Jazz! She drove Tony round the bend, but I liked her.

Archived