Highest paid actors in Home and Away

Guest JamesC10

I doubt that Ray Meagher is on a few million. I think the highest wage he would be paid is a million and no more. The idea of him being paid $500,000 doesn't sound ridiculous considering he's the most well-known and iconic character on the show and the fact that he's remained loyal to the show and never left I can't blame those behind the scenes offering him a lot of money to stay put.

Georgie is a great actress and won two Gold Logies in 2001 and 2002. She's most prominent in A Country Practice, All Saints as nurse Terri Sullivan which was her most popular role and of course as Roo Stewart now on Home and Away.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of a few years ago, Ray was earning between $400,000-$500,000. The majority of the younger ones receive between $125,000-$200,000 I believe.

It's understandably not something that would ever be confirmed officially.

Hmm...interesting but hardly surprising at the same time. Here's an article back from 2009 which reveals that Ray was earning $500,000 a year playing Alf.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/television/flamin-heck-alf-stewarts-worth-a-quid/story-e6freeul-1225772280968

Yes Georgie Parker is very experienced. She has been in many drama shows and she had won a few Logies awards in the past. I think she won 2 gold Logies before.

I am not that familiar with Logies, is it a Australia thing only? I know that in USA we have the Oscars so i assume the Logies is the Australian version

Yes Georgie Parker is very experienced. She has been in many drama shows and she had won a few Logies awards in the past. I think she won 2 gold Logies before.

I am not that familiar with Logies, is it a Australia thing only? I know that in USA we have the Oscars so i assume the Logies is the Australian version

Yes the Logies is in Australia only.

As of a few years ago, Ray was earning between $400,000-$500,000. The majority of the younger ones receive between $125,000-$200,000 I believe.

Hmm...interesting but hardly surprising at the same time. Here's an article back from 2009 which reveals that Ray was earning $500,000 a year playing Alf.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/television/flamin-heck-alf-stewarts-worth-a-quid/story-e6freeul-1225772280968

I don't blame Ray for continuing to play what is essentially a background character (IMO) if he's getting paid that sort of money!

I didn't know, that you could get paid this sort of money for being in a soap surprising.

I don't blame Ray for continuing to play what is essentially a background character (IMO) if he's getting paid that sort of money!

I think he continues to be on the soap because he likes it and feels it´s his home. No one would keep on acting in a show if they didn´t actually like it, there was a interview where he had said as someone else pointed out that he was going to be on the show until he does or something like that

Yes the Logies is in Australia only.

So it is a very special thing to get then?

And I'm pretty sure she's been on All Saints. I could be wrong.

Yes for over 300 episodes

Archived