Bobby Fridge episode

Guest Blaxland 89

Just wanted peoples thoughts on this episode. It was great to see Bobby again but it's also been an episode of much ridicule.

I liked the way that it was due to Ailsa's vision that made her realise that Alf loved her, and to seek professional help.

But I feel that as we only had Nicolle back for one episode we didn't see enough of her.

I would of like the episode to have been entirely devoted to Ailsa and Bobby, really well written two hander, with her saying a proper emotional goodbye at the end.

Just wanted peoples thoughts on this episode. It was great to see Bobby again but it's also been an episode of much ridicule.

I liked the way that it was due to Ailsa's vision that made her realise that Alf loved her, and to seek professional help.

But I feel that as we only had Nicolle back for one episode we didn't see enough of her.

I would of like the episode to have been entirely devoted to Ailsa and Bobby, really well written two hander, with her saying a proper emotional goodbye at the end.

That does sound really good! I did really enjoy Bobby's Ghost episode for what it was though.

As far as I'm aware H&A have never done a two-hander episode, just two characters and no one else. I think they should and there have been loads of opportunities to do so.

It was a great idea bringing Bobby back for this storyline, as she was Ailsa's closest friend (moreso than Pippa) and the right person to snap her out of her depression.

What I liked was Bobby saying to Ailsa "What's the matter with you standing around blaming everyone else? You were never like this." Very true, up until this storyline Ailsa had always been a very strong and sensible woman and it's the kind of thing Bobby would say in that situation if she really was still around.

I like the scene where Ailsa goes to check if Bobby is still there (after Alf asks her who she's been talking to) and as she goes into the kitchen Bobby is just standing there facing the fridge, and then turns her head towards Ailsa. There is something sinister about that shot, it's just wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived