Storming the Sand (by ScreamingQueen2006) - comments

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY enjoying this fic, especially ……

 Aden shrugged. “I don’t know. I’m gonna let you decide. I mean lets face it, most of those books are what the majority of chicks read.”

“Ok well, how about Pride and Prejudice? There’s a great dialogue between Elizabeth and Mr Darcy.” She noticed Nicole across the room. The cheerleader’s face twisted into a bratty selfish frown, obviously miffed that she hadn’t been partnered with Aden herself.

 Dexter felt like she didn’t think that their time was important from the way she was speaking and snapped. “He’s a jock. I’m not. He’s popular. I’m not. Is there a basement at the bottom of the foodchain?”

“Where’s all this come from Dex?” Belle asked as she looked at him oddly.

Dexter sighed. “We’re friends right?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of.”

“What do you mean?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Dexter turned his shoulder away from her and set off down the corridor.

Belle watched him depart and couldn’t help but wonder what had caused his sudden out of character behaviour.

 “So you’re Belle’s partner in the literature project. She never told me you were so cute. If I wasn’t with Ethan I’d have you for myself.” Amanda spoke. “Belle’s upstairs with her head in the books already. If you would like a drink just help yourself.”

“Thanks Miss Vale.”

“Please, call me Amanda.”

Aden walked the flight of stairs and entered Belle’s bedroom. “Hey. No offence, but your mum is all kinds of bunny boiler.”

Belle looked up from the open book she was reading. “No surprises for guessing what she said.”

“I can’t blame her really women just can’t resist me.”

 Aden took the sheet and glossed over the words. He wasn’t thrilled at the obvious past century language. “Maybe we could use our own words in place of theirs. I mean, I don’t understand this classic talk, modern all the way.”

Belle gave a slight laugh. “I’m not sure if that’s allowed. Just try to read it like this and if it doesn’t work we’ll just improvise, ok?”

 In the tree outside Belle’s bedroom window Dexter sat with his legs wrapped around a branch, a pair of binoculars strapped to his face. As soon as he caught sight of the peck on the cheek he lost his balance toppling over, hitting the ground with a thud.

Haha Dexter lying in a heap on Belle's lawn was very amusing.

“Just don’t call the cops, I don’t want an asbo.” Thought this was a awesome line. :P

Brave move by Aden to dump Nicole like that in front of everyone. He was lucky enough not to be wearing his lunch I think. :lol:

I wonder where and what Dexter plans to do next.

Another very good chapter.

LOOOOOOOVED that, especially ……

 Aden tried his best not to laugh, but with a grin upon his face it was hard not to show how amusing he thought it all was. “Give the guy a bit of credit. I mean that has to be one of the most original entrances I’ve ever seen.”

“I want to explain, but I can’t.” Dexter said, balancing to stay upright. “Not while he’s here.”

Aden frowned at Dexter. “What do you mean by that?”

“Nothing. I know it was a stupid idea being in that tree, but if you knew the reason you wouldn’t be angry.”

“Whatever Dex, just go home.” Belle replied. “I’m kinda busy.”

“Yeah I noticed.”

 “Well if it isn’t the acting queen…I knew she came down with a bug, but I didn’t think it was that bad.” Nicole sniggered.

Aden shot her a glare. “Nic shut up.”

 Aden took a deep breath. “Nic, I think we should break up.”

The collective gasp that ensued turned the entire cafeteria silent. Suddenly everyone was watching the popular table.

“I just can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry.”

Nicole’s lips quavered, she was insulted and hurt, but she tried her best to hide it. “You’re breaking up with me in front of the whole school?”

“You said they didn’t need to go.” Aden shot a glance at the crowd.

“Yeah, that’s because I didn’t know you were going to break up with me.”

Aden pushed his chair back and got to his feet. “Well I’m sorry I wasn’t clearer.” He had broken up with Nicole Franklin, and he looked like he felt good about it.

 “I need to find out the reason.”

“What reason?” Both April and Jai were confused.

“I’ll let you guys know, but right now I have to go.”

“But Dex, you just got here.” April frowned.

Yeah it was sweet of Dexter to tell Belle how he felt. Shame she fed him the line about being happy single. It sure does look like her and Aden are going to get together.

I was surprised Heath lent Dex his broad. That was nice of him.

Hope nothing happens to Dex or Heath's broad :lol: with the impending shark alert.

Great Chapter.