You And I Collide

Guest KristinaLeigh

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three MEGA updates, especially ……

 Their usual movie nights concluded of take-out from the diner, action movies and hanging out in their sweats, but Casey had gone all out. He lit the candels carefully, and flicked through the movies, placing her favourite on top. Casey had dated girls before, here and there. He thought back to his ex Ruby, he had never done anything like this for her. He'd never sat around waiting for her to call, or made any effort if she didn't. What if Dex was coming round for movie night? Would he of lit candels for him?

His phone vibrated and he rushed to read the message from Sasha eagerly. "Never guess what, Stu asked me out! Mind if I take a rain check on movie night? Mwah! x"

Casey sat down on the sofa, re-reading the message. Replaying moments from last night in his head. The moment he surfaced the water and saw Stu kissing Sasha had changed him somehow, he suddenly saw Stu in a different light. Stu and Casey, as Riverboys had been friends for years, not close - but friends. He had seen the way Stu treated girls, he'd cast them aside when he had what he wanted and moved on to the next one. His blood boiled as he pictured Stu's hands around her tiny frame.

Casey blew out the candels and angrily smacked the dvd pile to the floor. He binned the lasange, took a beer from the fringe and took a huge gulp.

 "Casey, hey! Come sit with us." Sasha begged. She had been trying to call and text but he seldom replied. Always claiming to be sleeping or studying, he had become a social recluse, spending the majority of his time caged up in his room. Casey turned and saw Sasha's pleading look. Her face was bright and warm and her eyes dazzling. "Gotta go, sorry." He mourned, taking his coffee. Sasha jumped from her seat and he knew she was following him, she did so all the way to the beach.

"Casey, what have I done?!" She shouted, and he turned hearing the pain in her voice. He hated hearing her sad, thinking this was somehow her fault. "It's nothing Sash..." He started, turning to her, he watched her eyes fill up with tears. "I'm sorry, if I've annoyed you but I feel like I'm loosing the best friend I ever had." He watched he'd as a tear rolled down her cheek. He couldn't bare to see her pain. He put his strong arms around her and hugged her closely. "I'm still right here Sash, but you've got Stu now too..." He said, stroking her hair softly. He looked down and pressed his face into her hair, taking in her usual strawberry scent. "But your my best." She whimpered, "don't go anywhere else I don't know what I'd do." Sasha hugged

him tightly, tugging on his shirt. He felt her arms at his back, and more than anything he wanted to lean down and kiss her. "I'm right here Sash, always right here."

 "No you need another girl to make Sasha jealous, works with me all the time, when I get the ladies in..." Dex smouldered. "Mate, that's never happened." Casey stood from his head and grabbed his bag. "I'm off mate..." he trailed, making for the door.

 Casey began thinking of how much he missed Sash; her quirky outfits, her sarcasm, her laughter, the way she always knew what to do, her million earrings, the fact she didn't tan. He hated to amdit it but he was lost without her.

 He pondered over to the table of River Boys and recieved their hellos. All of them crowded around Stu, and the phone in his hand. "Mate, she's hot!" one guy called from the back of the scrum. "What are we looking at?" Casey leaned in. "That new chick from the farm." he heard somebody say. "Sasha?!" Casey demanded. He leaned in and looked at the photo, Stu had taken it on the beach as she walked along in her bikini. She had no idea it had been taken from the looks of things. He snatched the phone from Stu's hand. "She's my friend, what are you doing?!" he demanded, eyeballing Stu's careless expression. "Mate, chill out! Check her out mate!" he laughed, tapping him friendly on the shoulder, holding the phone up to his eyes. He pushed it away.

How could Sasha possibly want somebody like him when she was so nice? He needed a date to this formal, he needed to protect Sasha. He needed to be there for her, to save her.

Chapter 7

"Do I look okay?" Sasha asked Stu. They stood outside the school, just about to enter the formal. Sasha was wearing a black pencil dress and thick chunky heels. Her hair was down, cascading in huge curls down her shoulders.

Stu dragged his eyes away from his phone, where they had been pretty much all evening. "Yeah, you look fine babe..." he mumbled, his eyes quickly flickered back to whoever he was texting. Sasha rolled her eyes, and walked into the formal alone, Stu trailed slowly behind her.

The school hall had been decorated with pretty lights and decorations, everything somehow glittering around them. Sasha's eyes already searched for Casey in the crowd, Stu was driving her insane. Finally she spotted him at the food table, he stood taller than everyone else. He was talking with someone, his white teeth brightly flashed as he laughed and smiled, his blue eyes shimmering like everything else in the room. He was wearing a white button down shirt, sleeves rolled up and a pair of black trousers. Sasha began pushing past people to get to him, eager to see his face. Her best friend. Suddenly, Stu was at her side with his hand tightly wrapped around hers.

"Casey, mate!" he shouted and before she could think she was being pulled along, through the crowd by Stu. Casey looked up, giving an akward wave before returning to conversation. Finally his eyes met Sasha's, and they held each others stare for a few seconds. Casey took in how beautiful Sasha looked, she was slightly taller and he clocked her gorgeous legs in her high heels, and watched as she puckered her dark red lips. She was about to run to Casey, throw her arms around him and tell him she needed saving from Stu's lameness but just then, she saw April. She stood beside Casey, looking tiny beside his huge frame. April was wearing a navy, floor length dress with lace arms, and her hair was in some sort of fancy updo. April smile cautiously, she'd always been a little scared of Sasha.

"Hey Casey, April..." she trailed, with a friendly nod. She was tempted to hug Casey as she had before, but somehow now with April as his date, it felt wrong. "We're gonna go dance." Stu announced tugging harshly at Sasha's arm, he pulled her off into the crowd, and she turned back watching Casey laughing at whatever April had said. Sasha spent most of the night making excuses not to dance with Stu, she'd tried spending twenty minutes in the bathroom touching up her make-up, she'd used the excuse of her shoes hurting but not much had swayed Stu. He'd gotten bored and pondered off with some other students down to the beach to drink. Sasha sat at a table alone, she'd watched Casey and April through dance after dance, but now Casey had disapeared. She decided to call it night, picked up her shoes and made made her way to the exit.

She took a seat on a bench outside the school and watched the water against the shore. She wrapped her arms around herself, cold. "What are you doing out here Sash?" she heard a warm familiar voice behind her, the one she'd been yearning for, all evening. She turned and saw Casey standing tall above her. She shrugged, and hugged herself again. Casey took a seat beside her and slipped off his jacket, placing it over Sasha's shoulders. Stu would never of done that for her. He placed his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close against him. "Where's April?" Sasha asked, looking up at him. Casey shrugged, "She left a while ago." he said. He watched the wind whipping at her face, she lookded tired. "I never got a dance with you." Sasha mumbled, looking down. "Well let's have one now." he said smiling, he took Sasha's gentle hand, delicately and pulled her to her feet. He picked up her shoes in his other hand. He placed his around around her and they slowly walked back into the dance.

The music playing was slow and Casey lead Sasha into the middle of the dance floor, and they stood opposite each other akwardly. Sasha stepped towards Casey, placing her hands on his shoulders, and he slid his around her waist, pulling her a smidge closer. "Nearly as tall as me, in those!" he laughed guestering to Sasha's shoes, and she hit him playfully, laughing. She hadn't laughed with Casey in so long, she realised just how much she missed it. "Where did Stu go?" Casey asked looking around, wearily. "He's down the beach, getting wasted." she sighed. "He's barely noticed me all night." she said, frustration and sadness sparking in her eyes. "Well, you look amazing Sash, if I do say so myself" he said, a twinkle in his eye, he flashed her a dazzling smile. Her face lit up and she pulled Casey a little closer. They moved together, against each other in complete happiness.

Suddenly, the music cut and a large group of rowdy teenagers entered, Stu leading them, all drunk and falling around, shouting and screaming. He spotted Sasha and Casey dancing and reached out for her arm. He gave it a sharp tug, pulling her from Casey.

"Sash, we're leaving." he said bluntly, eyeing Casey. "But I want to stay!" Sasha groaned trying her best to loosen Stu's tight grasp.

Let me know if you'd like to know moreeeeeeeeeee :D x

Chapter 8

They drove home in silence, Sasha sitting beside Stu as he raced down the road. He had been drinking and Sasha wasn't sure how much, his face was full of anger as he swirled and swirved down the road. "You left me to go and dance with Casey." he said matter of factly, his eyes never moving from the road. Sasha stared out of the window, keeping a careful eye on the speed. "I couldn't find you." she mumbled quietly, fear in her voice. "I told you to come down the beach, you wouldn't. You'd rather be with Casey than me..." he said, his foot was pressing down harder on the gas pedal.

"No, no it wasn't like that." Sasha said carefully, trying to calm Stu. She delicately placed her hand on his and he shook it away. "He likes you, I know he does." he said, his eyes boring into the night. Stu's tie from earlier that night hung loosely around his neck, his shirt unbuttoned. He looked a little ruffled. Sasha frowned, looking confused. "Casey? No he doesn't. He's my friend." she said, going for Stu's hand again. "Stop being friends with him." he demanded, taking her hand and sqeezing it tight. "But..." Sasha looked taken aback, she couldn't loose Casey. "I said, stop being friends with him." Stu repeated in a low hushed tone.

He pulled up outside Sasha's house and turned to face her. "I love you Sasha. But he's got other intentions than friendship, so I don't want you talking to him again, okay?" he asked, taking her hands softly. Sasha went to speak, and watched anger flush in Stu's eyes. She nodded.

When Sasha woke the next morning she had 7 missed calls from Casey and two messages.

- "Text me when your home Sash, stay safe. :( xxx"

- "Are you home? I'm really worried Sash :( :( xxx"

She looked at the messages, so tempted to reply. She wanted nothing more than to run to Casey's, tell him how scared of Stu she was, tell him how much she needed him around, tell him he was the best person in the world, the only person that ever looked after her...but she couldn't.

She lay there aimlessly flicking through her photos on her phone, most of her and Casey in various places. The beach, the day she had taken him to the city to meet her mother, school, the diner. She stopped at one, staring at it. It was him in the city, outside a fancy coffee shop with a fancy coffee in a grey vest. His muscular, tanned arms were out and he was winking cheekily. She laughed outloud. She missed him already.

Later that afternoon Stu wanted to see her, to apologise for last night as the texts and phonecalls from Casey continued. Stu lay on her bed, and she lay beside him. "I'm sorry for last night." he said, placing a hand on her side, she flinched. "Hey, I'm sorry. I never meant to scare you. But Casey scares me, I can't have him take you away from me." he pouted childishly. Sasha ran a hand through his hair, "he's not like that you know, he's a friend" she said softly, hoping maybe Stu had changed his mind. "No, Sash. I told you."

Sasha's phone vibrated and Stu dived for it before Sasha could get anywhere close. He read the message on the front; "Sash, call me when you can. Miss you. :(" Stu was silent, and Sasha leaned wearily over his shoulder read the message. Stu stood and sent Sasha's phone fly across the room. "Now he won't contact you again." he said calmly.

Casey came out of the surf and ran up the beach, throwing his board on the sand. He grabbed his towel and dried himself then leant down to check his phone, still nothing. Then he saw Dex making his way along the beach. He was wearing boardies and a t-shirt and thick black rimmed glasses. "Dex!" he called, running to him. "Is Sasha okay?" he asked desperately. "She won't answer me." he said. Dex shrugged, "yeah, she's fine. She's up at the diner!" he said smiling and Casey raced up.

Sasha sat at a table alone, waiting for Stu. He'd told her to cover up a little more, so she wore leggings under her skirt and a high necked t-shirt. She looked up when Casey entered, and before she could move he was at her table. "Sash!" he said finally, pulling out a chair and sitting. "I've been trying to call you, did I do something wrong?" he asked confused. It was killing Sasha to keep her face calm and cold, "No, my phones broken." she answered solemly. "Are you okay?" he asked her. She loved how he always knew when something was wrong, he knew her far too well. Sasha shook her head, "I'm fine. You should go, Stu will be here soon." she said.

"Oh er, well if you want me to go?" he asked sadly, what had he done? Was it the dance? Did she figure out he liked her?

"Yeah, please." Sasha said, coldly.

"Well, you know where I am." Casey said, and with that he left.

A tear ran down her cheek, Casey was gone.

Archived