Will Neighbours Make it to 30?

Guest dncllpyk

I think Sonya and Toadies wedding will grab the attention of a few people who don't watch Neighbours, I have heard quite a few people saying they are going to tune in for that so who knows they may get hooked on another storyline to keep them watching. Fingers crossed!

I'm really enjoying the storylines Richard Jasek's bringing to the show way better than 2011 when Susan Bower was executive producer, IMHO. But they really need to make better cliffhangers, because obviously that's how they would grab the attention of most people, well that's how I got hooked on Shortland Street and Neighbours.

From what I have heard about the storylines ahead, I think this year will be a very good year for Neighbours. Well I really hope so! Not ready for Neighbours to leave our screens yet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they will keep it until the big anniversary! after that who knows.

I do wish my fellow fans and thier heroes well. However the show lost me along time ago due to

Many good people leaving! I understand things happen and dont blame Margot Robbie for coming to the USA for work!

I did hear behind the scenes info and I want happy over what I heard and how some actors where treated as I know of 2 departures the actors did not want to go away even though they say all departures are PR.

I lost sources including a good friend of 6 years and am disapointed at the rudness of many forums!

Like H&A Neighbours does try to treat the fans good and the tours are very popular. I think that helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Neighbours was really bad the last few years but its improving massively this year. A lot of new characters and a fresh outlook. However they do need better writers. Less boring storylines and more soapy drama.

Neighbours was awful in 2009 and declining around mid-2008, but it's picked up since Richard Jasek took over in 2012 from Susan Bower, but the show has a long way to go to return to its peak.

If it went back to 2004 and 2005 which were superb years for the show, then it'll become addictive again.

I agree Jezz and I hear that from alot of other Aussies and fans online that they would love to go back many seasons!

Much like life theres things we cant change in the past only to leanr from and make or wish things better going forward.

MY favorite years was 08-09. then the show began losing alot of people I liked and then bad writing ruined it for me. The only reason Im around is the friendships I made with other fans.

I was proud to be a fans until 2010 when I began having issues with some people online and sadly heard somethings from former friends Down Under. Much like Ramsey Street plots, Neighbours has its issues and I understand why many of you blame Bower who was in charge at the time. She tried to do alot yet bad things happen like Kym Valentine taking ill which no one wanted to see and as a former source told me that breaking up the Kennedy's would Hurt the show! Which I think it has!

Im disapointed at hearing how people where treated and who left on good terms and who didnt! Im not meition any names as they are former stars who seem not happy over their time on the street and I dont believe any of the PR about why they left as I had some sources who told me some behind the scenes events.

I do wish those actors who are left and the new people coming in their time as stars. It would have been nice to see some former people return and have closure yet as I been told some people are not coming back and the writers dont like to have the regulars meition past characters!

MY main issue with Aussie TV is most of the actors /characters I like have either come to the USA, quit acting for awhile, or are between jobs?

• 8 months later...

Well Neighbours is 29 years old now, just had its 29th birthday. So just a year to go until the BIg 30.

I think to mark the occasion they could have a returnee but only for the episode or two rather than full l time. And someone who would still have connections to some of the longer standing residents. I would think an original Ramsay such as Shane or Danny but they have hardly any links to Erinsborough now.

Archived