Will Neighbours Make it to 30?

Guest dncllpyk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neighbours has more humour than H&A and often a lot of things turn out good in the end. H&A is like a CSI Australia nowadays.

H&A is better at keeping actors longer.

My wish list some ex Neighbours would guest or join the cast.

Most of my favs have either moved on or left acting for other things yet theres always hope.

I would love to see many EX Blue heelers or Mcleods Daughters visit Summer bay.

Getting a Logie winner like lisa McCune would be great!

Neighbours has more humour than H&A and often a lot of things turn out good in the end. H&A is like a CSI Australia nowadays.

Most of my favs have either moved on or left acting for other things yet theres always hope.

Yes, but that's not really something they can control. Unless they give them the boot, but as far as I know all of the actors/actresses leaving Neighbours next year are leaving on their own will.

Yes, but that's not really something they can control. Unless they give them the boot, but as far as I know all of the actors/actresses leaving Neighbours next year are leaving on their own will.

Yes they leave for other work or peronal reasons. Im sad good actors like Margot 1st series here didnt last long hopefully she have better luck next time.

yes most actors moved on for other work and personal reasons and thats their right to do so! Im sad Margot series only had one season yet she may get another chance one day!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Source:

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a464336/neighbours-producer-insists-soap-will-reach-30th-anniversary.html

'Neighbours' producer insists soap will reach 30th anniversary

Neighbours' producer has insisted that the soap will survive, despite falling ratings in Australia.

Concerns have been raised over the future of Australia's longest-running soap since its move from Channel Ten to digital station Channel Eleven led to a drop in ratings, with recent episodes pulling in around 250,000 viewers.

richard-jasek-executive-producer-neighbo

© Channel 5 Richard Jasek

soaps_neighbours_week_35_1.jpg

© Channel 5 Favourites Karl and Susan

However, executive producer Richard Jasek stated that there is more to the soap's success than ratings alone.

"Neighbours is more than a numbers game. The fact it has survived as long as it has with numbers that aren't as big as they were once, shows its appeal in other ways," he said.

"If Channel Seven had Neighbours and it was rating 300,000 they wouldn't keep it on."

Jasek also stated that the soap has been aired in more than 65 countries.

"The show has a financial logic to it because it has strong overseas sales as well." he added.

"The ratings in Australia aren't the only story as we sell very well overseas. Putting together all of that, the show has a huge viewership around the world.

"We just had a sale to Denmark so it is going to rolling out in Scandinavia now."

sachin_and_stefan.jpg

© Channel 5 Sachin Joab and Stefan Dennis as Ajay Kapoor and Paul Robinson in Neighbours

Jasek also confirmed that Neighbours will be around for at least another two years to mark its 30th anniversary.

"We generally hooked up for a good year in advance," he said.

"We are definitely going to be here in two years' time and we are going to be doing some very special things for our 30th."

Neighbours producers have recently revealed new sets for the Australian soap which are part of an AU$1 million (£682,931) revamp on the show.

Archived