Will Neighbours Make it to 30?

Guest dncllpyk

Ever since Richard Jasek took over Susan Bower as the main producer, the show has improved a lot. I'm actually enjoying it more than Home and Away at the moment. At one stage I thought that the show would probably end in its 30th year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go beyond that.

I agree with the majority of posters here. I think Home and Away has more problems than Neighbours at the moment. I thought I would never say that after the state Neighbours was in at one stage a few years ago under Susan Bower.

I liked Bower for certain reasons as she had some GREAT ideas with some of my favorite actors, sadly they left the show and that ruined that. Whether it would have helped her stay on who knows? :huh:

I do think Neighbours will try to make it though the decade? whether they do? maybe?

What season didnt you like?

I believed that the show wasn't heading in the direction when she was producer. You may be right about Bower and the fact that she had great idea with some of the actors, but a producer has to be prepared for the fact that the actors may decide to call it quits at any moments. Which particular actor are you talking about?

I've liked all the season in some way, but last year's season finale was the worst season finale that Neighbours has ever had. I thought the show was at it's lowest at that point, but right now, there are plenty of storylines that could make this year's season finale a much better one.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ever since Richard Jasek took over Susan Bower as the main producer, the show has improved a lot. I'm actually enjoying it more than Home and Away at the moment. At one stage I thought that the show would probably end in its 30th year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go beyond that.

I agree with the majority of posters here. I think Home and Away has more problems than Neighbours at the moment. I thought I would never say that after the state Neighbours was in at one stage a few years ago under Susan Bower.

I liked Bower for certain reasons as she had some GREAT ideas with some of my favorite actors, sadly they left the show and that ruined that. Whether it would have helped her stay on who knows? :huh:

I do think Neighbours will try to make it though the decade? whether they do? maybe?

What season didnt you like?

I believed that the show wasn't heading in the direction when she was producer. You may be right about Bower and the fact that she had great idea with some of the actors, but a producer has to be prepared for the fact that the actors may decide to call it quits at any moments. Which particular actor are you talking about?

I've liked all the season in some way, but last year's season finale was the worst season finale that Neighbours has ever had. I thought the show was at it's lowest at that point, but right now, there are plenty of storylines that could make this year's season finale a much better one.

Yes Bower did have some great ideas. I will tell as my username suggest Bower had big plans for the characters of Dan, Sam and Libby! Had Kym not took ill and Tucker left for the USA. Dan and Libby would have been Ramsey Street IT couple with Sam coming back every season to cause trouble since Simone accepted a recurring role to spend more personel time with family . Of all the actors that left in the last few seasons I know 2 actors DID Not want to leave and 2 did! I wont say the names since I lost some sources and dont want to start any more issues with what few sources I have left. And im very disapointed at what been going on behind the scenes even though I do wish some there well.

The loss of Libby and the breakup of the Kennedys has hurt the show and I agree with my source on that was the biggest mistake yet as I said Bower couldnt help Kym getting sick and I wished they had allowed Banas to stay on as her replacement. and they lost a good actor who would have helped the show.

Then she lost the Parkers and I then others like Jane Hall and now they are losing some popular female characters which I feel dont look good for them.

So we see how the new producer handles the loss of the current actors. I havent enjoyed the series since 2010.

I think that the Braxtons are doing big damage for the show. The dealing with drugs and bad behavior most of the time and it's not a family show.

Wrong show.

I think Neighbours will make it to 30.

I like some of the ideas the new producer has.

I think summberbay10 was just commenting on the fact that a few of us seem to think Neighbours is the better show lately.There's also a reason why shows like PTTR & WAL are so popular.HAA would do well to take note.

The only thing I currrently don't like about Neighbours is Paul's current storyline.Please stop.It's pointless and goes around in circles.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a couple of current debates on Facebook on the TV WEEK page one of them is that Neighbours is never on the cover. Some people on there think Neighbours is going to be given the chop. I wrote on there as long as the UK wants Neighbours it won't be axed. Some other people replyed saying that they have friends and family in UK who say that Neighbours is in deadly peril over there. Given that a huge majority of this forum are from the UK can they shead some light on this? It would be nice to get it from the horses mouth rather than friends and family over there of Australian facebook users.

Another debate is people complaining about the constant Home and Away tv week covers. Non Home and Away fans are sick of it

Given that Neighbours continues to outrate HAA in the UK and seems to be going up over there lately, it would seem strange to give it the chop now. If the UK dropped it, then I do think Neighbours will end completely, but as long as it's being sold to the UK, I think it's safe.

As for the cover, I agree. TV Week is supposed to be a TV magazine, yet Home and Away seems to be the cover nearly every second week (probably actually gets some sort of mention on every cover) and shows from Channel 7 do get a lot more cover headings, which is weird as I think it's owned by Channel 9. Neighbours had a wedding storyline, no cover, while Home and Away had three this year for their weddings and other Australian shows don't get much of a look in either.

Archived