New quiz idea?

Guest ish_the_angel

In the absence of the monthly quiz, I wondered if we would be able to have a weekly mini quiz? I am happy to host, and it can run in the format of the avatar contest or something, where the winner gets to host the next one. I'm thinking, just 10 questions and the one who scores highest, or the first to get them all right, wins the round.

Would this be allowed? If so, where would be the best place to put it in the forum? Would other members be interested?

Alternatively, if the mods would approve I would be happy to write a monthly quiz...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Quizmaster pointed out, we already have the Round Robin thread in the Games section which can be used for quizzing purposes - I would suggest trying that out as, with only just having finished the quiz due to the lack of interest, we're moving on and aren't looking for alternatives.

As Quizmaster pointed out, we already have the Round Robin thread in the Games section which can be used for quizzing purposes - I would suggest trying that out as, with only just having finished the quiz due to the lack of interest, we're moving on and aren't looking for alternatives.

Yes I am aware of that thread. That is not the kind of thing I was referring to.

I wonder why you even have a forum section for suggestions when they are shot down so quick. I was under the impression that we were allowed to offer ideas and contributions. I have offered a few things and every time I have been told it's not my place to contribute.

I know these posts are a couple of years old, but I would think you would still encourage people to offer assistance:

contribute.png

Instead, we are told we cannot contribute to the site, we cannot have any of our own work featured, and we cannot make suggestions. <_<

I personally don't see what the harm is. If the members want to run it themselves then the moderators wouldn't have to do anything. Ish has even put up her hand to say she'll run it.

I agree with David. I don't see the problem if it's run by a member, for the members. Even just a trial time and see how it goes and then deciding whether to continue or not would be a good way to start.

I personally don't see what the harm is. If the members want to run it themselves then the moderators wouldn't have to do anything. Ish has even put up her hand to say she'll run it.

I agree with David. I don't see the problem if it's run by a member, for the members. Even just a trial time and see how it goes and then deciding whether to continue or not would be a good way to start.

I agree with you both :) And you have my support, Ish :)

We've explained our reasons - it's easy for people to say they're interested now, but when we were running the quiz there wasn't much interest at all, hence why we stopped it after a couple of months warning. And now, despite it only 17 days since we announced it, other people are suddenly interested in wanting a form of quiz....

Not one person has posted in the existing quiz game, which can easily be adapted into the kind of thing you're suggesting, since the quiz ended (in fact no-one's even posted a question in there in over a year) so I'm not really convinced that genuine interest is there.

If you want to post your own selection of questions within that thread to challenge each other, you're more than welcome to do so. If we see there is an actual sustained interest there from more than a few members, then we can look at other options within that forum in the future - of course that's not to say we'll look into it after only a couple of weeks of manic posting in there, we need to see the interest is genuine.

I find that a fair compromise.

Can I say something? and i'm not trying to step on anyones toes BUT the reason so many people (like me for instance) weren't very interested is because about 50% of all the quiz questions were aimed at the 13-17 year olds on here E.G. "When did Tasha and Robbie marry?" i'd like it if the quizzes were aimed more at the fans who are more into the 80s/90s. :)

Archived