New quiz idea?

Guest ish_the_angel

If i were applying for a job for which i would be paid i would happily accept that i might not be what the employer was looking for. if u want to make the comparison, i would think that my volunteering my time and effort without expectation of reward would be more like offering to help in a soup kitchen or charity organisation. I doubt they would ever knock back competant volunteers

Even charities can only use offers of help in the areas they can use. I know I work for one. We regularly have to knock back offers of help we can't use with regret and thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, fine whatever! I didn't think I was doing anything wrong by offering suggestions and help, but obviously you are not interested so I won't bother next time. You might want to close the suggestion thread as it seems pretty pointless since us mere members are not encouraged to contribute to it.

Ish, I've read through all the posts in the this thread and at no point were you told "No" to your quiz idea. Dan has given his reasons for stopping the quiz on the main site, but has not told you that you cannot do your own. He offered a place for it to take place, in the Games section, so you are more than welcome to adapt to make that your quiz thread. Ask your questions and see if people reply, that is all you can do.

I wasn't just referring to my quiz idea... i have suggested stuff and offered help several times and even tho the quotes i posted on the first page here suggest that the mods would be very grateful for anyone who volunteers I am being told my help is not wanted and I'm not even welcome to offer. There are a lot of gaps on the main site that I understand have unfinished or incomplete features and it's been said it's because of the amount of work the staff have to do so they prioritise and that it's because people are apparently not interested. There are heaps of unfinished character profiles and episode summaries etc and you have people offering to help out. I just don't understand the reason for being so stubborn, makes me wonder if some people are on a power trip <_<

Am I allowed to start a new thread within the games room for a weekly mini quiz?? I will run it and if it doesn't work then you are welcome to close it. Please? :huh:

I don't believe you need anyone's permission to do that and Dan has already suggested it anyway.

In fact the Forum as distinct from the Main Site, which is under review, offers a lot of opportunities within existing rules. Can I suggest you have a look through and see what others have done. Any thing within existing Forum Rules is acceptable.

Am I allowed to start a new thread within the games room for a weekly mini quiz?? I will run it and if it doesn't work then you are welcome to close it. Please? :huh:

I don't believe you need anyone's permission to do that and Dan has already suggested it anyway.

In fact the Forum as distinct from the Main Site, which is under review, offers a lot of opportunities within existing rules. Can I suggest you have a look through and see what others have done. Any thing within existing Forum Rules is acceptable.

I believe only moderators can start new threads in the Games Room forum - we brought in this rule a few years ago after problems with spamming/repetitive threads.

I think Dan was suggesting the 'Round Robin' thread was used for ish's new quiz, but if he approves a new thread then this will need to be started by a mod (unless the settings have been changed again).

Archived