The Cop And The Criminal

Guest BraxandCharlie4Ever

I love Morag, so this could get interesting with her in it! :)

I'm glad that Charlie is being honest about the baby and Brax and everything.

A very well told story.

Can't wait to see where you take this...

Update soon please :)

Thanks! Morag actually gets on my nerves, so I've got an idea that will ruffle the feathers of Morag a bit and eventually tip the hormonal Charlie over the edge :D

But, I'll update after I've cooked my dinner. Which will be in a few minutes. Once my mother stops asking me to do things. :blink:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for the lovely comments! Thought you all would hate it! :wub:

Chapter 3 - Hurt and Bitterness.

Morag pursed her lips together, staring at them both. Heath came out now and saw both Charlie and Brax hesitant to talk to her. Brax saw Heath and smiled at him, "They're putting me in the cell for the night, Colleen's scared I'll come and kill her in the night, for what? Flicking her damn nose! I was in a good mood!" he hissed as the officers pulled him along. Brax sniggered for a minute, before returning his gaze on Morag.

"Well?" asked Morag, growing impatient.

"Yeah, we are. Problem?" answered Brax. Brax wrapped his arm around a now sad Charlie, who went limp in his arms and rested in on him.

"With him? Charlie, are you stupid or what? He's a Braxton for God's sake! You know he will betray you!" screamed Morag.

"Hey, hey now, that's not true! You have nothing on me, nor do you know me! You're just assuming you do because my Brother is in the bad books with the police! You think that if my brother doesn't give a toss about the world, then I woudn't either! I'll promise you, I'll be there for Charlie and the little one. I love her, and I never want to be away from her, since when is it your choice to make her choices for her?" asked Brax.

"Well, I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers Darryl, but this is absolutely my business. Also, to answer that pounding question of yours; since her father died. I took it upon me to watch out for her. And everyone knows it, you're bad for her," told Morag.

Charlie looked up, "Not that you've really cared Morag, finally when I become happy with someone, no matter what part of society they're connected with. Now, let me tell you something. Brax is funny, kind, smart and good looking, I feel in love with who he is on the inside. I believe what he shows everyone else is a cover. You should get to know him, maybe you'll see what I see. But maybe, your an old bitter twisted woman to even consider how much you've just hurt me!" screamed Charlie.

Brax saw her eyes tear up and he turned her towards him and wiped them away, some of the officers were also shocked as they now found out Brax was Charlie's partner.

"Well, Charlie I know you're hormonal right now. But you'll see one day how stupid and blind you're being. I don't even know what's going on between you, but having his child would be wrong," told Morag sternly.

"Whoah, are you suggesting she aborts it?" growled Brax. The commander exited his office and saw one very upset Charlie and a rigid Brax.

"Well, best thing since you'll probably be heading to jail soon and leaving Charlie broken hearted and wondering why she was so blind," smiled Morag obviously proud with that assumption.

"Abort the baby, to make you happy. I'm not going to discuss my life to someone who's bitter because someone is happy around her. When deep down your not. I love Charlie, I'm not going to back out of whatever her and I have. I'm not going to be a RiverBoy any longer and I'm gonna be the best boyfriend and father to this baby," said Brax.

"Brax, let's just go. She's not gonna budge. It has to be her way or no way, before I go. Morag, I love him, I know I said that about Joey, Hugo and Angelo, but this is something; the feelings I have for him, they're more eratic and so strong that each time I see him my heart skips a beat. I love him, I'm not going to abort this baby; because having a baby with him is the most extraordinary thing I've wanted. I'm not going to let you or anyone else drag me down, but you hurt me tonight," said Charlie. She then kissed Brax right in front of Morag to stand her groud. Brax happily kissed back.

Morag huffed in anger and turned around, "You're fine with this?"

The Commander then was aware that she was talking to him, "As this is now to my attention, I'm fine with it. Charlie came to me today, openly and honest about her months with Mr. Braxton. If I had found out any other way, then no I wouldn't have. She to this day, has remained professional with the River Boy case. I'm sure she will stay professional as she loves her job and they've always remained separate with her relationships in the past."

Morag then walked out in a strop. "Thanks, Commander," smiled Charlie.

Brax nodded at him and then looked around, "Can I see Heath for a minute, I need to tell him about Charlie and I."

The Commander nodded, "He stays, behind those bars though."

It didn't come out as the entirety that I wanted it too. But it's near enough. I didn't get Charlie as angry as I had intended too either, I think I'll save that for another time if I decide for Morag to take another swing.

Though, I am so tempted to update again. But I'll wait for reviews on this one!

:wub: I hope you're enjoying reading it as I am writing it!

A wonderful update.

Charlie standing her ground was awesome. And Brax being there with her.

Glad that the Commander was supportive. I just wish they could do this in the show.

Very well told. Put Morag back in her box! lol.

Can't wait to see where you take this.

Update when you can please :)

Just read this loving it so far! Eee Chax Baba :wub:

Oh Morag I hate she's being so evil but at the same time she's only trying to protect Charlie

Glad Charlie's co-workers are understanding! But I don't think Heath will be :P

Update soon x

Just read this loving it so far! Eee Chax Baba :wub:

Oh Morag I hate she's being so evil but at the same time she's only trying to protect Charlie

Glad Charlie's co-workers are understanding! But I don't think Heath will be :P

Update soon x

I'm going to update soon, it takes me 45 mins to write each chapter.

I'm gonna add Morag into it a bit more.

But this whole - "How is Heath going to react" thing is playing on my mind. Can't decide whether he should be happy or not. Well about Brax becoming a Dad not the whole "It's with Charlie" :D

I'll figure it out. Usually comes together when I write.

:wub: Thanks for the lovely comments! I'm so loving Chax ;) There'll be a lot of stories from me about them. They've just replaced my Jack and Martha obsession <_<

Thanks for the support in the story! :wub:

Chapter 4 - Anger and Comfort.

Brax sighed deeply, when the Commander had walked off to go to the cell.

"Good luck," squeaked Charlie as she took a seat, knowing it was best that she didn't go down there while Brax was telling his brother that not only had he been sleeping with the enemy; that he'd fallen in love and her pregnant. Brax nodded at her and followed her boss.

"Your brother wants to tell you something, but you're staying in the cell and guards will be here watching," told the Commander and smiled a little at Brax.

"What would you like to tell me?" asked Heath.

"Well...um, I'm in love with Charlie, we've been seeing eachother for awhile now. The baby she's having it's -" he was cutt off.

"You and the enemy? After all we've done, you and I...you chose a bloody cop over us! The boys! You love her! You're having a baby with her! You dropped out of the gang today, because of the baby!" yelled Heath.

"Look, Heath. I know it sounds stupid. But you know, you can't help whom you're attracted too. I'm attracted to Charlie, it's intense. I know love now, I've never felt it before. I'm going to be a Dad and have her by my side. I thought a brother who has been here my whole life, would at least be happy with it. Guess I thought wrong," muttered Brax.

Heath just punched the wall, "I can't believe you! Her! She's not even pretty, least you scored well with Teegs," growled Heath.

"Charlie is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Don't you ever talk about her like that! Just remember; Darcy's your kid!" growled Brax he was fed up with his brother's nonsense and who would blame him? The guards even looked tired of it.

"Throw it in my face, Brax. Keep going, but anyway. I thought you said 'We'd always come first'," muttered Heath, his voice soothing.

"Yeah, well things change Heath. People change, I'm not helping you or the boys again. I need to focus my life around the bar, Charlie and the baby. I hope in time you'll forgive me. But there's nothing really to be forgiven as I fell in love and quite by chance, I never thought about the gang. Because I want to be happy and she makes my world spin," said Brax.

"I am angry with you, wait till tomorrow, I might've calmed by then," growled Heath.

Brax walked out to meet Charlie who was just sitting where she was where he left her 15 minutes ago. She jumped up with joy and took his hand, "How'd it go? I heard yelling."

"Oh, y'know he's angry, he'll get over it. He's a big boy now. He can always go hold Mum's hand if it gets too much," laughed Brax as they walked out of the station.

Charlie headed back to the diner with Brax in tow, she knew the town already knew. They were getting looked at from strangers and then congratulated by some. This wasn't going to be easy, they went into the diner and saw Colleen gossiping her mouth off.

"I suppose she never kept quiet," hissed Charlie. Irene gave her a weird look then another weird look to Brax.

"Sorry, darl' Colleen's been chin-wagging about it all afternoon," told Irene.

"Great, Ruby and Casey will know before we even had the chance to tell them," told Charlie. Brax just mumbled a 'hmm'.

"I'm sorry pet, she was just so shocked," mused Irene.

Charlie and Brax ate a muffin together, Brax fed her a piece which made Colleen squeal and scurry away shocked. Brax smiled at her. Deep down Brax wondered how he'd be able to score the girl of his dreams, while she upheld the law and he crossed it so many times. But he didn't care anymore, he was hers and she was his. It's all that matters is bringing up their child and being happy together.

Ruby came in, "Congrats on the pregnancy Brax, I hope you stick around with Charlie, she's an amazing girl."

"Thanks, Ruby," said Brax, "Oh, I could never dream of hurting her. She's one woman I hope to never lose."

"Good I'm glad, though Charlie not hearing about the baby being Brax's from you was a bit alarming, why couldn't you tell me?" asked Ruby.

"I had to clear it with my boss first, I never really thought how I was going to tell people that the baby is Brax's. Colleen had to over hear and do my job for me," growled Charlie.

"I hate how she gossips all the time!" huffed Ruby as Colleen came along.

"Oi, Colleen!" yelled Ruby. Irene looked up and held her breath, trying not to laugh as she guessed what was coming.

"Yes, Ruby?" asked Colleen looking worried.

"Why do you feel the need to gossip about other's business that you had no right in knowing? Why do you always listen in where you ears aren't needed! Seriously Colleen, you and your big mouth is going to do you some damage. Like you just did to Charlie and Brax. If they broke the news, people might not hate them so bad. Bianca's pissed, Leah's thinking of kicking her out! She'll have nowhere to go. On top of this, Morag's going to put more pressure on her to leave Brax. With this kind of stress, it's going to cause a bloody massacre!" yelled Ruby. Colleen just shied away behind the counter.

Charlie knew exact damage she's caused, "Leah's going to kick me out?"

"She said that she can't believe you betrayed her trust like that. Sleeping with a Braxton under her roof. Especially Brax. But I told her she was being hypocritical as I had with Casey at one point. But she said that, that was different. I asked her, would she be out in a second if she slept with Heath? She said she wouldn't think twice on that one. But she's only thinking about it. Maybe if you explain to her, she might not. But you shouldn't worry about a home at this point, Morag's trying to find every legal action to get you both separated. First, she's going to keep hounding you. I think her motive for that is so you have a miscarriage," told Ruby after taking a seat with them.

Charlie just nodded and put her head in her hands, "I can't believe they're doing this. Morag's being totally unreasonable. Leah's going to hate me, and how bad is Bianca pissed?"

"Well she is pissed that you never told her about Brax, other than that she's pleased for you, I just over-exaggerated it to Colleen to hopefully teach her a lesson about telling other people's business around the bay before it's been told by them to anyone isn't right. You know, she could do some serious damage one day. Maybe even get herself killed," told Ruby.

"Don't worry, darl. Few have wanted to rattle her silly in the past, nothing's taught her," laughed Irene placing Charlie's milkshake next to her and Brax's coffee down.

"Want anything Ruby?" asked Brax.

"Oh could I have a latte please?" asked Ruby.

"Sure, coming right up," said Irene as Brax gave her extra money.

Charlie started to cry, which to Ruby's surprise Brax was already there comforting her.

"Everything will come right, there's always a spot in my bed for you if you get booted," told Brax, soothingly.

"Still, I just wish I could've been the one. I hate how Colleen can never keep her mouth shut," mused Charlie as she turned and rested her head on Brax's shoulder as Leah came in and saw the situation. Ruby mouthed not to say anything yet.

Leah went behind the counter, "What's been happening?"

"They came back from the station, after Morag took a go at them both and Heath took a go at Brax. Ruby came in, told Colleen what to do with her big mouth and Ruby's told her what's been said about them. She's worried about being kicked out, that's why Charlie's crying," explained Irene.

Leah came over, and Brax looked up, "Does it have to be now?"

"Yes, Darryl it does," told Leah. Brax took a seat on his chair and Charlie looked up at her.

"Go on then," breathed Charlie.

"How could you betray me like that? With V.J in the house, he could've caught you both at any time! It's not the point, it's the way you acted about it! You could've told me about you and Brax, I would've understood. You could've at least had the decency to let me know you'd been having sex with him at my home! I want you to continue living with me and V.J and Ruby. I would never stop that, I was just heated at the time of saying that. Charlie, you're one of my best friends. You could have told me," told Leah.

"I'm sorry Leah, I guess I loved the secrecy," told Charlie.

What'd you think? The Next Chapter might be posted later on or in another hour or so. It's going to be all Morag or going to tell Cheryl the news. I can't decide :D. But boy, do I have a twist in store! :D:wub:

Archived