Darcy Callahan - Alea O'Shea

Starting a thread for the fabulous new ten year old actress within the Bay as one of its newest residents.

I'd really like to get a general feel of how people have perceived her character as I think she's a fantastic addition to both H&A and the Braxton family. Thoughts on this talented actress/character?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love her right from her acting to ehr cute dimples and she's a great addition to the Braxton family. She reminds me abit of Casey acting all innocent which I just love. She's such a sweet kid and god knows where she's got that from after having Tegan as her mum!

She's been well cast, that's for sure. When I look at her, I actually believe I can see both Callahan and Braxton in her. And it's not just her looks but her facial expressions too, and her demeanour is very similar to her 'mum' - kind of shy but mature too.

As for the actress herself, I'm very impressed by how natural she is. Most other actors her age are a lot more wooden and/or nervous. I'll definitely keep an eye out for her in future Aussie productions. Maybe the next Baz Lurhman movie!

I'm glad to see that people have commented on how much they love Darcy, its great to see that you guys do so just as much as I do. I hope to see her innocence continue and that her Daddy doesn't corrupt her once he finds out she is in fact his daughter, if this is something Heath doesn't already know.

I'm ecstatic to see that Julez thinks that the show has done great with the casting as looking at Dan and Alea they've done a great job with making them look like father and daughter. The resemblance was what gave me the assumption that Darcy would in the end turn out to be Heath's child.

I hope to see her stay in the bay as I feel this is a great way for us to see Mr Braxton vulnerable and I hope in time will soften as he's bound to just with spending five minutes with his child as she's an absolute angel.

Anybody wanting anything in particular to happen with the character? Sorry for the rambling, guys! :P

I want some really cute Heath/Darcy scenes. I think it'd show all of Summer Bay a new side to Heath :wub:

I want Darcy to stay and Tegan to leave it's not like Tegan does much for her anyway.

And I want a scene where Heath/Brax/Casey are teaching her to stand up on the board

Thanks for the reply Lucii, i really want this thread to do well as Alea is an amazing young actress and I feel strongly that Darcy is going to bring many more joyous moments as she has already done on the show, the young girl has come in like a breath of fresh air which I think H&A needs every so often. I completely agree with everything you've just said, I feel that the relationships within the Braxton family are going to become much stronger and as a unit. The connection between Heath and Darcy would be great as a brother/sister one as well as the basic father/daughter.

That surfboard scene would be perfect but I feel that this particular scene if done will be between Darcy and Brax but I'd love a few exciting and length scenes with Darcy, her father and uncles.

She's such a natural actress, especially compared to a lot of other child actors. She also really does look like a Braxton. She's got the right hair, the right eyes and the right facial expression. Personality-wise, she seems to have developed the best features of her parents, not that there are many of those. Can't wait for some cute scenes between her and Heath :):wub: