Perfectly Imperfect, But I Wouldn't Change A Thing (by Jen) - comments

pembie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miranda - Thank you so much. I honestly don't quite know what to say. I haven't had a baby (that should be obvious), and one of the reasons I've avoided writing about it is because I never thought I could capture the 'realism' of it. In any fic, there is a risk of making it too puppies and ranbows and "glowing", but I guess I felt the pressure more in this fic than any other -- because I wanted the characters to be flawed and that to be the thing driving the story -- but at the same time, I wanted it to be a natural progression in terms of time, but not wanting it to drag. I guess that's one of the reasons why it took me so long to actually, you know, finish the fic. I kept putting off the ending for so long. I'm pretty sure Indi was six months pregnant for at lease 8 months! I don't know if I succeeded, but I guess I achieved something if you persisted with the story through to the end. So, thank you. Again.

Red Ranger 1 - Thanks for reading and commenting throughout :)!

Zetti - Aww. I'm glad you thought it was cute and/or adorable. As much as I live for all the angst-ridden drama, I do like a good happy ending.

Homeandawayluva - Thank you so much. Have I converted someon to Romeo/Indi? I'm not even sure if I ship them anymore :lol:.

Carina - Thank you very much for commenting the whole way <3.

pembie - Thanks! My next fic is in a totally different vain to this one. So hopefully you like it. Tons of Dex though, so.

soph1303 - *hearts* Thank you. I really appreciate your comments. Keep an eye out for future fics coming soon :wink:.

~JarlieFanEver~ - Thanks! :)!

Miranda - Thank you so much. I honestly don't quite know what to say. I haven't had a baby (that should be obvious), and one of the reasons I've avoided writing about it is because I never thought I could capture the 'realism' of it. In any fic, there is a risk of making it too puppies and ranbows and "glowing", but I guess I felt the pressure more in this fic than any other -- because I wanted the characters to be flawed and that to be the thing driving the story -- but at the same time, I wanted it to be a natural progression in terms of time, but not wanting it to drag. I guess that's one of the reasons why it took me so long to actually, you know, finish the fic. I kept putting off the ending for so long. I'm pretty sure Indi was six months pregnant for at lease 8 months! I don't know if I succeeded, but I guess I achieved something if you persisted with the story through to the end. So, thank you. Again.

Yes it was pretty realistic, you did a good job :) Remember all this when you have your own baby :P

Aden_Belle - Thanks!

Miranda - I will. *Takes notes*

But having said that, my next fic is more ... up my alley :wink: Or at least, more my usual stuff. I still do owe you a Dex/Casey-on-the-run fic.

But having said that, my next fic is more ... up my alley :wink: Or at least, more my usual stuff. I still do owe you a Dex/Casey-on-the-run fic.

Oh yay! I look forward to it. I must also say that I have taken notes on your fics, we can all learn from each other :)

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Perfectly Imperfect, But I Wouldn't Change A Thing (by Jen) - comments