Revelations (by Zetti) - comments

xGlowingAngelx

Penultimate chapter! Awww, I'm sad.

A week had passed since Rob had been placed in the coma. The swelling hadn't gone down and was causing Sid to be concerned. He didn't want to bring Rob out of the coma until he was sure that the swelling was not going to cause any unnecessary distress to Rob.

Poor Rob. What a tough time! Little guy doesn't have much luck, does he? </3

'Not anytime soon and if they have to leave him in the coma for much longer. They might have to put him on a ventilator'

Normally Roman would have glared at him but the news shook him to the core and for once instead of being angry and annoyed at Angelo.

He was glad that he told him because Nicole wouldn't have been able to which was proven to Roman as she stood up and walked out of the room.

I'm glad Roman didn't glare at him. I know he's no fan, but it's about Rob, not them. Poor Nicole.

She had her physical grief pretty much in control but her emotional feelings were pushing her threshold. She had no idea how long she could compel her physical side of her feelings to stay hidden and locked away.

Those two opposite ends of the spectrum were bearable to deal with on it's own but together it was too painful and very raw. She personally couldn't see herself coping with it. As much as it hurt, she knew the one thing that at that moment in time which would help her even just a little bit.

Angelo.

Angelo, indeed! They need to comfort one another, me thinks. They're both going though the hell, and it's heartbreaking. :(

Angelo ignored Roman. He had no desire to get into a fight with him again, not when his own son was fighting for his life. 'A truce?' Roman said a few moments later.

I don't know why, but even now, two fics and many, many chapters later, my heart still leaps when Rob is reffered to as Angelo's son <3

'Because punishing you for something that Nicole has forgiven you for isn't fair and you both have been torn apart by Rob being ill. I won't add to that tension I love my family... but I will never trust you again around my family, I can’t’

At least they've called a truce though, even if it's only a temperary thing. Fair enough that Roman doesn't trust him. It's his family too, so it's not surprising. But he's doing the right thing by trying to relieve the tension at least a little.

He hated not knowing what was going to happen. He heard crying a few metres and as he turned the corner. He saw Nicole sat in a small corner scrunched up and crying.

He strode up to her & picked her up onto his lap and just held her. She was going through so much.

He just wanted to make her feel better. He was supposed to make her feel protected & yet all he did was make things worse. His heart broke more anymore as he saw his family in pieces.

Awww! <3

Angelo looked at her and made her sit down with him on the chairs nearby.

‘Never apologise, he is your son’

‘Ours.’

Angelo nodded and Nicole added ‘I am sorry, I should have never have said that only Mia was yours, you have been such a good father to both of our kids’

YEY! I'm glad they cleared it up. I know Nic was angry when she said that to begin with, but it must have been suck a kick in the guts for Angelo, ad it's so nice that she's expressed the fact she doesn't see it that way at all to him. I think he needed to hear that.

‘I appreciate that Nic; we need to make sure that Rob is okay.’

‘The solicitors will get in touch with you soon I think’

WHY?! Are they still divorcing? Are they not? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!

Sid had however informed them that they would need to place Rob on a ventilator in the next 24 hours if there was no change.

Awww. Come on Rob, be that fighter Roo is so certain you are!!!!!

Mia ran like a rocket into Nicole's arms.

'Mama' she cried.

Nicole just held her. She was close to tears and Roman knew it. He held then both protectively as they cried out all their tears.

:( That such a heartbreaking little image.

Awww, another fabulous update Zetti. I'm glad Roman and Angelo called a truce, and I'm hopeful that, with that in mind, there's some hope of a happy ending here. All we need is Rob to wake up, Angelo and Nicole to reunite (I'll settle for a hint that it may happen in thefuture if needs be!) and a little bit of happiness for them all.

I want to say I'm looking forward to the next update, but it's the last one, and that makes me sad. LOL.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REFUSE TO COMMENT. :( *folds arms across chest and stamps feet*

That was MEAN.

I'm all heartbroken.

---

Now, seriously.

I'm not going to quote as much as I usually do, because there was so much happening, I'd probably quote it all. LOL.

'Haven't they said anything about Rob?'

'No. They are just wary of how long it has taken for the swelling to go down. They have taken him out of the coma the medical one but he just lapsed into another coma. His body is struggling.'

'How much has it gone down by?'

'Well put it this way, it was 100% when he first went in and now it is 93%'

I love how you brought Irene into it :) Kind of stopped wishing for much from here on. They're not good odds!

'Hello Mrs Rosetta' it took Nicole a few moments to register that was her name. She hadn't gone by that name for at least 18 months.

Again, another pefect line.

'Sorry. Can I get back to you. Can you pause the process?'

'Of course but are you sure?'

'Yes'

Stop it!!! Don't pause it, stop it!!!! If they think they can make it work down the line, then they don't want to be getting divorced yet. They may want to stay married in the end.

'So you are giving up then?'

'I destroyed our marriage. I don't deserve anything'

As much as it breaks my heart every time Angelo expresses defeat in himself, I adore how consistent you've been with that throught the whole story. Even now, when Nicole's ready to move on, he's still doubting his worth. Beautifully written.

Nicole ran to the room where Rob had been. She found it empty and she had no idea what to make of it.

Another perfect, powerful line (I bet you're sick of hearing that by now! LOL. Sorry).

Nicole did the first thing that she wanted to do and she slapped him. Aden knew it was coming and didn't bother stopping her. A nurse asked if he wanted to call security.

ADEN!!!!! Is he the..... doctor? Or did I read that wrong. Either way, wow at you for putting that in the final chapter.

'I don't know if I want to divorce you. I initially made that decision when I was angry and now things are in perspective. Rob has been my main priority and you haven't run away even though biologically you aren’t his dad.'

'DNA makes no difference to me.

Another thing I've adored about this whole thing is Angelo's obvious love and devotion to BOTH the children. Rob's DNA has always been completely irrellevent to a point where, at times, even I forgot he wasn't biologically Angelo's. It's such a great thing to read.

‘Are you sure? I can’t see your father liking that’ but she didn’t care as she leant into him and he lowered his lips towards her slowly so she could pull away if she wanted to be, she looked into his eyes and then she kissed him. It felt normal and right to her

As much as I've wanted them back together for pretty much most of it, I do like how it's taken them until right at the last point to make it official. It sort of makes everything worth it.

‘He passed away’ Aden said as his face crumpled. He had barely known Rob and his heart felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on. It brought back all the memoires and feelings

‘NOOOOOO!!!!!!’ Nicole collapsed on the floor crying her heart out.

*Amy sobs*

That was the most heartbreaking, dramatic twist I've read in any fanfic ever. I've really adored Rob as a character, even if he didn't always say much, but he was sweet and it's heartbreaking that such a horrible, tragic thing happened to him.

Now, onto my essay.

I've genuinely adored reading this Zetti. Along with Realisations, it's been the first long-fic I've read in a really long time, and it's been so worth it. From the drama of the kidnapping in Realisations, to putting that behind them and starting their own family, and then all the drama that's followed that, it's been such a roller-coaster.

I've loved the little glimpses of their happier times, and the way it's been such a huge contrast to the dramas they've gone through.

I'm awfully sad it's ended the way it has, but there's no doubt it will be a fanfic that sticks with me, for that very reason. It's also kind of inspiring that you've given it such a dramatic ending that leaves the door open for this whole new story (That's not a hint, unless you want it to be *cough*) of their grief and their relationship following such a traumatic event.

Honestly, I don't really know what else to say except thank you for writing it and sharing it with us. I hope, one day, you'll write more Nicole/Angelo fics. :)

You're a very talented, creative writerand I'm so glad you wrote this and shared it with us. Thank you so much.

I was kind of steeled for the ending but you almost lulled me into a false sense of security:When Rob started fitting, I thought that was going to be it but then he seemed to recover and I thought maybe he'd be all right...Wasn't expecting Aden to come back at all.And it's good that Nicole and Angelo seem to have put things behind them so there's a chance they and Mia can be a family again.Without Rob.To be honest I don't know what to make of that ending, it almost feels a bit tacked on or incomplete, if you don't mind me saying so, but it was a brave move on your part.Perhaps a bittersweet ending in the final analysis.