Where the Heart Lies (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Miranda

Dexter coughed slightly.“I think we’d all agree that I’m a statistical anomaly.”

Haha that made me laugh :lol: Statistical anomaly

“My hypothesis has been completey disproven,”Dexter sighed,“I’m a failure.”He slumped back on the rug despondently.

Aww bless Dex. He has the ability to be forlorn and quirky at the same time :P

Ooops I didnt think you would get Romeo/Ruby together again... I sense trouble...

Again great update. :)

Hope you update again soon x

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh brilliant! What a great chapter, I've missed this story.

This is more or less exactly what I thought might happen between Ruby and Romeo. He said as much to Miles that time in the series when Miles said he vaguely remembered that electric feeling, or whatever it was. There is far more chemistry between them than Romeo/Indi or Ruby/Casey :rolleyes:

There is trouble ahead. Brilliant! :D

Edited by Miranda

LOVE this ……

…..Especially that, once more, wherever Ruby goes, trouble follows!!! …

…. and Dex is just sooooo funny !!!!! this bit in particular ….

Indigo, Xavier and Casey had headed into the water with their boards, leaving April and Dexter sat on the beach.“Have you ever thought about learning to surf?”Dexter asked.

“Tried it a couple of times, not really my thing,”April replied,“You?”

“No, because that would involve me doing something that would require physical prowess, therefore ruining a perfectly good stereotype.”He felt April’s hand close around his and the sudden wave of nervousness caused him to keep talking.“I did however once try my hand at the noble game of Top Trumps and found myself to be quite a master, so long as I didn’t object too much to my humiliated opponents beating me up afterwards in order to reassert their masculine supremacy.”

“Dex,”she interrupted.

“Yes?”he replied without pausing for breath.

She kissed him lightly on the lips, letting it linger for a few seconds.“Shut up.”

Dexter mulled the request over.“I do occasionally do that.”

Such a quicker update this time :)

Ruby peered over Dexter’s shoulder at the pan he was stirring.“What is that?”

“Pasta sauce,”he replied, before examining it a bit more closely,“Or possibly treacle.”

“He’s handling the pasta, I’m handling the salad,”April explained.

“Which I think is quite indicative of our symbiotic relationship,”Dexter added.

Dex's like me when it comes to cooking :lol: Treacle indeed :P

They both sidestepped, passing each other, ready to head off in opposite directions.But they hadn’t gone more than a step before they turned and fell into each other’s arms, kissing passionately.They collapsed onto the sand, removing the few items of clothing they had on.

I dont think this 'fling' is going to stop anytime soon... I sense trouble..

Both of them felt the urge to look back.But both of them resisted it.

Will it last?

I loved the chapter! :) Especially the bits I just quoted :)

Hope to see more soon xx

They both sidestepped, passing each other, ready to head off in opposite directions.But they hadn’t gone more than a step before they turned and fell into each other’s arms, kissing passionately.They collapsed onto the sand, removing the few items of clothing they had on.

Oh dear, I think I need to recline on the chaise longue and be fanned by the house boy again :wub::lol: I'm quite pleased you've got Ruby and Romeo together, I think this would be pretty likely to happen.

Xavier shook his head.“Nah, they’re big enough and ugly enough to find their own way home.”He suddenly realised he had the pair’s partners looking at him quizzically.“I mean, not ugly, that’s just a figure of speech obviously.They’re both pretty hot.”He considered this comment.“I mean, I don’t think they’re hot but I get why you two do.”

Oh Xavier, take your foot out of your mouth dear :D Brilliant speech.

I love this fic, Red, it is a classic and one of my favourites at the moment.

I hope you can update sometime soon, but no pressure :) Well done, old bean.

Edited by Miranda