Quick Fanfiction Contest Archive

Guest ish_the_angel

Quick Fan Fiction Contest #37

Theme: Alternative First Meeting

In the absence of any more votes I would like to congratulate both of the entrants, who each received one vote.

tessalove wrote Entry 1 (Untitled)

and

Zetti wrote Entry 2 (Another Time, Another Place)

Thanks for pembie and Red Ranger 1 for taking the time to vote.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FanFicton Contest #38

Here is the entry I received, please do give feedback to the author. Thank you! :)

Meeting your Idol

Loneliness, boredom, trapped. That feeling of slight hope that things might just change to yank your mundane life out of that big gaping rut of total despair, There was only so many times you could smile that fake grin of joy at people as they crossed paths with you. Each of their lives always seeming to more action packed than yours. Especially when you’re the person who can’t help but catch quick sharp little signets of gossip, because lets say your responsible for fetching these oh so interesting sounding people their food and cups of coffee, while they discuss their exciting lives.

You find yourself not quite catching any of the full stories from your customers, because your too busy flicking through the pages of the notepad that you are trying oh so hard to scribble down the orders that come flying hard and fast at you from every direction. Oh and when you feel like you have mastered the art of somehow managing to take down everybody’s requests your pen stops working or you have someone come over to you and start hassling you for a dish cloth, because they have spilled their chocolate milkshake. Which would most of likely left massive brown stains dripping down off their seats, which would in time become puddles or chocolate trails upon the floor which you of course would have to mop up after closing. And why is this? You so often find yourself asking yourself. Well it’s a simple answer really you wanted to become the manager of a diner in a sunny beachside town.

Irene Roberts needed something more to do than, coming back home from work everyday and microwaving a meal for one each night. The stabbing of fork through the plastic coverings of those meals had became more fierce and somewhat violent. It was as if she blaming her meal for one for how boring her life had become.

She would then go and sit on the sofa and switch the TV on to watch something she just couldn’t be bothered to care about. Irene needed something to happen some kind of excitement to be injected into her life and soon.

Reality television yes she had watch some of it while she had been eating her plain and somewhat nauseating tasting microwave meals. She wouldn’t have ever classed herself as a fan of it though. That was why it became as such a shock when she had got the phone call from some guy, who claimed to be an executive producer of some show called The Bachelor. Irene had even ended up laughing so manically at him that she had nearly fell over if it hadn’t been for the stair banister. As it turned out her fellow co worker Leah had entered her for the show, having sent the application form off in secret, and by the way this executive producer was talking her good friend Leah had made out that Irene was in desperate need of a man.

“Oh do come on Miss Roberts, stop trying to laugh it off. There’s no shame in admitting to me that you wouldn’t enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of possibly having a good strong man of muscle in you life again” Oh so wise Mr executive producer was saying through Irene’s girly sounding giggles.

“Man of muscle hey darl, and how would you know about how muscular this guy will be?”

“Well his a Braxton, surely you have heard of the Braxtons my lovely lady?”

She had heard of them, the question was who hadn’t? They were after all pretty major celebrities in Summer Bay and its surrounding areas. The Braxtons were famously known as the bad surfer dudes from Mangrove River. Irene had read many magazine articles about their wild and sometimes dangerous lifestyles; she was even guilty of drooling over their bare chested pictures from time to time.

“Now it says here on your application that your favourite is Heath Braxton is that right Miss Roberts?”

Irene was very grateful that the guy on the other end of the phone couldn’t see her blushing. She couldn’t deny she was getting pretty excited of having the chance of wooing Heath Braxton. It would be a tough call though seeing as he had been married to a Italian Princess called Bianca. How could she Irene match up to that? But now that she thought about it Heath had been the cause of his and Bianca’s marriage breakdown by getting it on with her half French sister April. Bianca not allowing Heath the chance to win her back decided to run off with the famous rockstar Liam Murphy. Irene at this moment in time was feeling that anything might be possible. She would just have to make sure that she was the one to impress him now that he was out on the dating scene again.

3 Months later

“You are nothing but a precious rose Irene, you are the apple in my eye the wind beneath my wings, the woman that sends my heart into such a flutter that I can’t breathe.”

Irene was somewhat gobsmacked by all of this attention. Somehow she had reached the final of The Bachelor and Heath Braxton was even more handsome in real life than he was in the magazines. It was quite strange though the bad boy image that the magazine articles claimed Heath to be was it would seem to be fake, as far as Irene could see Heath was nothing more but a charming man, having let the women at the other eliminations of the competition down gently. Irene now watched as Heath went to talk to her fellow love rival, a girl called Tegan a family friend of the Braxtons and the ex girlfriend of Brax Heath’s older brother.

Irene was certain she knew what was going to happen here, Heath would surely choose to date Tegan not only did she have long flowing blonde hair and wore sexy outfits. She and Heath had a daughter together, the show was a fix for them to get to get together and hit the headlines hoping to cause trouble between Heath and Brax.

Tegan my love I will always love you in a way because of our daughter Darcy, but I feel like I have a special connection with the delightful Irene here so………..”

“Oh” Tegan utters before slapping Heath’s face and storming off somewhere backstage.

“YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS DARL? YOU’RE CHOOSING ME I CAN’T FLIPPING BELIEVE IT I……”

Heath cuts her off as he takes a strong grip of her body and gives her a kiss like she has never had before.

“Ok and that’s a wrap cut.”

Heath quickly let Irene go, the shock of being let go of so quickly caused Irene to fall down in a heap on the floor, amongst all of the cables from the TV spotlights and cameras.

“Ewwwwwww someone give me a mint that was totally gross fetch me Tegan back will ya?”

“It was very convincing Heath well done. You made our ratings boost higher than they have ever been before.”

Heath gave the director a glare.

“Yeah, yeah how much do I get paid for doing this crap?”

“What we discussed of course.”

“And what was that I can’t remember.”

“Oh well if you can’t remember I guess that’s just a bitch then isn’t it?” the director then turned laughing and started to walk away.

“Hey douchebag you can’t do that. It’s the only reason I agreed to follow through with your stupid script, you promised me cash I was going to go out a cause abit of mayhem with that money.”

“Hey Heath that’s reality TV for ya, we don’t have to give you anything.”

Heath stuffed his hands into his pockets and whirled round in anger he was meet by a rather fired up looking Irene glaring back at him.

“So Mister I can mess around with people’s feelings and then just surf off back into the night. “Well darl if you think you can do that with me, your so flipping mistaken.

“Oh get off my back will ya Jezz it was only meant to be abit of fun for all you desperate women.”

“Well darl better get ready to take me out on the town and show me a good time I’m still feeling desperate and I won a date with you” Irene said smiling at a rather confused looking Heath.

“What are you talking about woman?”

“I thought that would be flipping obvious you’re going to take me out on a date Heath Braxton.”

“What the hell? No I don’t date old birds like you Irene I……”

“But you said I make your heart flutter and I was the apple of your eye.”

“I was told to say that stuff it was in the script.”

Heath quickly caught a the fiery glare of Irene’s eye feeling quite scared Heath decided it was much safer to back down.

“Fine where do you want to go for our lame ass date? Pizza hut, Mcdonalds I could get you a happy meal.

“Oh stop it Heath you think your being smart you’re not, come with me.”

“Here’s to us” Irene said as she clinked her glass of orange juice against Heath’s beer filled one.

“Don’t you drink? You have to drink beer.”

“I could darl but you probably wouldn’t like me after having a drink it might make me grow two heads or make me breathe fire

“Really sounds like some of my ex’s” Heath said laughing slightly.

“No I’m an ex alcoholic it might turn out to be rather scary for you darl.”

“Oh” Heath answered quickly necking back his beer. For some reason he was finding Irene a good date. Maybe it was because she seemed to be abit of a high wire and loose cannon who had been waiting to explode for quite awhile. In truth Irene was just happy to be out living life to the full once more. Even though she had built Heath up into something he wasn’t, she still had a good time with him. Even if he wasn’t the charming man he had portrayed himself to be while being the so called bachelor. But hey she had got the chance to date a bad boy if only for the press reports. And she had come to realise if you expect nothing from anyone your never be disappointed. And even though Heath wasn’t going to get with her he still showed her a good time. Irene had a feeling the reason behind his sudden interest was to do with the fact it was a way to impress her famous newspaper journalist foster daughter Belle. Who had made a sudden return to the bay with her new flash digital camera Irene had her suspicions it was because she had heard her mom was now living the high life with a famous bad boy celebrity and was excited about getting the latest scope and hoping to date Heath Braxton herself.

I will announce the author on 27th September, 10pm GMT

The scenario for this one-Irene entering a reality TV show to win a date with Heath-was a very bizarre and amusing one.There was a good use of familiar characters like Bianca, April and Tegan in unfamiliar roles and the way Heath switched from a charming TV persona into something more familiar was very well done.In terms of plot, I’m not sure I can really fault this story, even the ending, though short, managed to wrap the story up effectively.

• 1 month later...

Quick Fan Fiction Contest #39

Theme: Halloween

Write a spooky halloween story

• No Word limit:

Voting ends 10th November at 930 pm uk time

When voting leave some feedback for each of the writers.. But cast your vote to the entry you would like to win

Here are the two stories I received. Good luck to both of the writers please do vote for :)

Entry One

A Hanging Tree:

At the crossroads, a tall tree was used to inflict the ultimate punishment on those who had broken the law. Some were innocent of crimes they were made to atone for, some were paying a harsh bounty for small transgressions, and their souls passed on to the next world. But for some, they had sinned by taking the life-force of others and for them an eternity of condemnation awaited them as their souls remained in the essence of a hanging tree and its branches would twist as they grew corrupted by the evil it contained within its core.

In the coldness of time immortal, there was one covenant that was never never broken.

When a Hanging Tree was felled the wood was burnt so that the souls of murderers trapped within it could never be set free to wreak their unholy revenge on the world that had made them pay for their crimes.

Over time this immortal law was forgotten by the world that had moved on past the superstition of the old ones, and as time marched on new laws decreed there wasn’t a need for anymore hanging trees and the last was cut down. Forsaking the tradition of burning the wood, its pulp was instead mashed and reinvented into paper.

Along came a writer, an innocent, buying the pages of the unusual paper from a black fronted bookshop that they had found purely by chance. They kept the pages in the back of a cupboard hidden away, waiting for the perfect story to be written on it, the perfect moment to use the heavy bond cream-coloured notepaper. It had strangeness to it, as though drawing the author to use it and try as they might to avoid using it, the paper called to them. It seemed to taunt them until finally upon a midnight, accompanied by the light of a dozen candles they slipped a page into an old fashioned typewriter and the words began to appear on the page.

Finally, when the words were printed on it and the writer was finished with the story they placed it to one side. Days later, as though something was guiding them they stepped off the sidewalk and into the path of a truck. The accident was fatal. A distraught relative clearing up their personal effects found the completed story and thinking that it would be a fitting tribute they mailed the package to an address that was on an envelope nearby it. They had no further thought about it, seeming to forget they had even performed the action of posting it.

Before the envelope was opened the words on the pages merged and swirled as the last corrupted souls took a final sadistic revenge plotting out the final crime they would commit.

This is story of what happened next…

Home and Away - Episode 666 Revisited

Main Cast:

THE FISHERMAN (FROM ‘I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER’ BAY)

AUTHOR

SELLER

Guest Cast:

LOUISE BOWES

ANDREW OSBOURNE

SEAN NASH

FIONA KELLY

SANDY (SANDRA) WEBSTER

MARGARET WILSON

ACT ONE

SCENE ONE

It is a dark and stormy night on the set of popular Australian Drama, Home and Away. The Script Writers are gathering for an emergency meeting and the room they are in is poorly lit as the studio is on emergency back-up power due to outages from the storm. The meeting is set within a porta-cabin that tacks on to the back of the Diner Location.

A group of tables are in the centre of the room and overhead are fluorescent lights, one of them flickers. To the side is a table used to house refreshments. A stained coffee pot, a stack of paper cups and a pile of napkins are all that remain as the table hasn’t been restocked.

LOUISE: Sorry to call you in so late but we have an emergency …need to….

“Sorry to call you in so late but we have an emergency, as you know Rhiannon was due to come back in and shoot some scenes with Lisa as part of the emerging exit storyline for Dan and Lisa but we’ve just heard that she was practicing some of her dance moves for Dancing with the Stars Final and managed to fall and break her leg,” Louise Bowes, Script Producer for the TV Series, ‘Home and Away’, murmured quickly before looking around the faces of her fellow script writers. Although not all of them she thought with a pang, having just heard the news of one of their casual writers being a fatality in a hit and run accident. She’d made sure the studio and Network had paid their condolences and knew there was a card circulating around the office they would send to their family.

It was late in the evening; there had been a significant storm and rainfall, preventing access on the main road into the studio meaning that they had to gather in the porta –cabin on set at Palm Beach. Even now she could hear the sound of the ocean slapping on to the shore like it was angry at the land. The loud crash of thunder a moment ago as she made her way across set had made her jump and just at the heavens opened up above her and a large cold drop of heavy rain fell to the earth, soaking her and the folder she was clutching in her arms. She could feel droplets from the rain slinking down the collar of her shirt and trickling down her back like the cold shiver she would get as she watched the Dr.Who episode with the weeping angels. ‘Don’t Blink’, her mind automatically supplied the quote and she shuddered once more remembering the chilling episodes.

“So if Rhi can’t do the scenes?” Andrew murmured pulling out his laptop from his bag and placing it on the table in front of him, setting it up.

“Can we get her to maybe do the scenes and we don’t shoot her from the waist down?” Sandra said slowly earning a look from the other script writers gathered in the suddenly chilled room, “Hey we were all thinking it,” she gasped out.

“I’m thinking we re-write the entire exit storyline,” Louise told them.

Andrew gave a grin whilst the others, Sandy included, groaned. Louise knew that he enjoyed the challenge of deadlines, she could think of any other reason why he was sometimes late turning in his scenes.

“It worked when we dealt with Ada’s pregnancy,” Margaret pointed out shooting a look at Sandy before glancing around the room.

Outside a flash of white lightening shot across the sky, it’s jagged trail grounded next to the shed housing the back-up generators, attracted by the metal housing and for a second the power fluxed before going out leaving the set in darkness. Following on from this violent electrical outburst came a thunderclap louder than an explosion.

“Wh….what… was that?” Sandy cried out as the lights flickered before going out.

Margaret let out a small panicked scream.

“I think that was the generators going out,” Sean said peacefully, trying to calm the situation down.

Louise grabbed her iphone and put it in torch mode so that there was some light in the darkened room. The electric glow from the phone caused some eerie shadows cast around the small room and she shuddered.

“I’ve got little battery,” Andrew muttered as he used his computer screen to help with the illumination.

“I’ll go and see if I can get it running again,” Sean offered.

Louise nodded and stood back from the table. Turning she looked out the only window, sucking in a breath as she thought she saw someone standing out there looking back in, then the rain lashed against the window and the image was gone.

ACT ONE

SCENE TWO

With no power the scriptwriters are left sitting in the dark in the small porta-cabin. The rain has reached deafening proportions shielding the movements outside the cabin. The door flies open and one of the men exits the porta-cabin and runs across the compound past the trailers hosting the camera equipment and the building that houses the set comprising of the inside of the gym. He doesn’t notice that he is being followed.

SEAN: Where the hell has this weather come from? (He darts into the gym set as he waits out the rain for a moment shaking excess moisture from his summer jacket)

THE FISHERMAN looks on before he follows. A bolt of lightning flashes behind him showing him in silhouette, he is wearing a sou’wester and hat and in his right hand there is a hook.

SEAN: (Continued) Like this is totally freaky.

He looks around the set until he finds one of the bright orange towels and uses it to dry his hair and wipe the water from his face. As he covers his face he misses the door opening and closing quietly as the ‘Fisherman’ enters the building.

SEAN: (Talking to himself) I could actually use this in a scene, maybe have Casey waiting in here for a storm and Tamara comes in soaking wet… (stops as he hears a noise) wait ….what was that?

SEAN: (Continued) Hello? Hello, anyone there?

A loud clatter sounds behind him and he spins around looking through the darkness towards the area the sound came from. He shines his pocket torch around but it fails to alleviate the gloom.

SEAN: I know someone’s there. (He steps forward and stubs his foot on one of the weight benches. Mumbles) Dammit!

(Suddenly a voice sounds out from behind him. ENTER ANDREW stage left.)

ANDREW: You should look where you are going?

SEAN: Dammit! (Exclaims)

ANDREW: I couldn’t let you act the hero all by yourself,

(ANDREW steps further into the set and the door clatters shut behind him)

SEAN: But if you are here then what was that?

(SEAN spins around and shines the torch into the darkness. It picks up the shine of a metal object and the two men issue gasps of surprise before they realise it was only the reflection from one of the workout machines as the light shines on it. A sound like a footstep echoes through the dark and both men react nervously to the additional stimuli.)

ANDREW: What?.... (nervously) What was what?

SEAN: Never mind. Let’s get out of here.

ANDREW: (Jokingly) Tell me that wasn’t the ghost of one of the characters we’ve killed off?

SEAN: Ha, no. Maybe it was Romeo?

ANDREW: (Glares) That wasn’t me.

SEAN: Didn’t you write Chris into the show? No wonder Romeo is ticked at you. Hooking his wife up with someone new.

ANDREW: Ha, mate, it’s probably the ghost of Belle coming back to haunt you for the development site stuff…

Another footstep sound comes this time from an alternate but equally dark corner and SEAN swings around and casts his torch in the direction the sound came from and seeing nothing there. Both men react to their own nervousness by laughing, albeit still nervously before they move through the set and out the back door heading for where the generators are housed.

“What’s the matter Lou?” Fiona’s voice was soft as she spoke up for the first time since they had gathered in the room.

“Andrew and Sean should be back by now,” Louise murmured chewing on a fingernail before stopping herself. She inspected her hand and looked at the damage her chewing had done. Dammit, she thought, she’d just paid for these nails to be done. Forcing herself not to react to the scenario they were in she stepped back over to the window. A fresh bolt of lightning illuminated the outside and she saw two men making their way into the generator shed. She gave a little gasp as she saw a hooded figure behind them before it went dark again. “No!” she cried out.

“Lou?” Sandy muttered coming to stand next to her.

“I thought I saw someone out there,” Louise told them quickly. She moved over to the table and grabbed her phone finding that her hand was shaking as she scrolled though her contacts and found Andrew’s number. She dialled quickly wondering if her mind were playing tricks on her. The sound of the theme from the Alfred Hitchcock movie ‘Psycho’ erupted behind her, more importantly the exact score that was used during the infamous shower scene where Tippi Hendren and then in the remake Anne Heche got stabbed by Norman Bates in the guise of his insane mother, and she cursed at Andrew’s choice of ringtone as Fiona bolted up from her seat and let loose a scream.

“Sorry,” Fiona gasped out embarrassed.

“I think we are all a little on edge,” Sandy pacified, before going over to where Fiona was standing and placing her arm around her shoulders.

“Might have guessed that from Andrew, he likes the melodrama!” Louise gasped out.

She ended the call and re-dialled this time Sean’s number and waited. Her eyes scanned the darkness and she flinched as another lightning bolt flashed through the sky. Using the momentary illumination she scanned the area around the generator shed. No sign of anyone this time, maybe her eyes were deceiving her, she thought with a measure of relief.

“Sean?” She called out as the call connected.

“He’s busy right now Lou, we’re working as fast as we can on this,” Andrew’s voice came through the speaker of the phone.

“Are you alone?”

“Who else would be here? Alf-flamin’-Stewart?”

“No, I’m serious,” Louise glanced around outside peering through the darkness, “I thought I saw someone,” she gasped.

“There is no one here,” Andrew told her, “I’m sure we’d notice.”

“Just be careful ok,” Louise hung up the phone and glanced back at the other two women. The room was still in darkness save for the screen from Andrew’s laptop and she moved over to it and cast her hand over the pad at the bottom as the screen threatened to go on to the screen saver. She noticed the picture he was using as his desktop, the figure of death with his scythe. It was all together too gory for her piece of mind and she quickly changed it to one of fluffy kittens in a wicker basket.

“What did Louise want?” Sean asked as he reached for a spanner on the top of the generator. Luckily the lightning hadn’t done any damage to the actual machinery, just interrupting the output long enough for the generator to switch itself off and somehow go into ‘timer mode’, meaning that the set would be dark until 5am if they couldn’t change the settings.

“She was just trying to wind us up,” Andrew explained, “Something about being followed in here.”

“Oh like being on set alone, with no crew, in the dark, in the middle of a thunderstorm isn’t enough to wind us up?”

“Bit of a cliché isn’t it?”

“What would we have next? Axe wielding murderers?” Sean chuckled as he manoeuvred the spanner in the small space besides the switches on the control panel.

“Maybe,” Andrew found his hand shaking from a reaction to the situation and he shook his head, “I think that I’d have someone with a grudge, someone who has been waiting a long time to get revenge,” he mused thinking of his all-time horror movie favourites.

“Jason Voorhees,” Sean said slowly.

“Too predictable,” Andrew murmured, “besides he was killed off in the first film and was the whole reason for Mrs Voorhees to get her revenge.”

“I know, the stalker, Sarah Lewis or whatever her name was,” Sean finally loosened the bolt and checked the connection before doing it back up. He fiddled with the switches and the generator chugged slowly back to life. Turning around he looked over at Andrew and frowned at the expression on the other man’s face. “What is it?”

“Behind you,” Andrew gasped out.

“Yeah, very funny mate, what’ya take me for?”

“No, behind you.. “ Andrew lifted a shaking hand and cast the torch in the direction he was frantically pointing. He groaned as Sean slowly spun around too late to react as the Fisherman raised his hand and swung the hook downwards. The spray of blood splashed over the walls and ceiling of the small space and Andrew flinched as he felt the hot liquid splash over his face. He could do no more than watch helplessly as Sean slumped to the floor. Dead.

With a frightened scream he spun around and raced out through the storm, slipping in the mud as he tried to get traction on the slick surface. He made for the lit room across the set feeling like any minute he would feel the cold metal of the hook descend on to his back and he would be dead too.

ACT ONE

SCENE THREE

A wild flash of lightning erupts behind Andrew as he bursts into the porta-cabin to warn the others. Although soaked from the rain he looks half-crazed as he gasps out to the others.

ANDREW: It’s Sean, he’s dead….

LOUISE: Stop joking around… it’s not funny.

FIONA: Lou, I don’t think he’s joking… look… it’s blood.

ANDREW: (Moans as he wipes his face) He was just there and then he … (Stutters)

SANDY: Oh god, what do we do?

LOUISE: Andrew stop this, it’s not funny.

ANDREW: I’m not joking. I’m not.. I’m… Sean, dead.

LOUISE: (Looks nervously around) Who was it?

ANDREW: The hook… he used a hook.

SANDY: No, oh no .. oh no… (Backs away from the tables and presses herself against the wall)

ANDREW: (Continuing as if SANDY hadn’t spoken.) It was the Fisherman.

“Andrew do you know what you are saying? That’s just a myth.”

All of them turned to Louise as she spoke.

“What myth? Shouldn’t we call for help?”

Louise looked lost for words before she scrambled for her phone. There was a stream of action as Andrew pushed tables against the door to form a barricade. He kept going over to the window and looking out of it before casting frightened looks back into the room.

“My phone doesn’t work.”

Andrew shot Louise a look before heading over to his jacket and reaching inside for his phone. He glanced at the display before looking up in horror.

“No signal, the storm must have taken out a tower,” he muttered.

Fiona looked scared. “What are we going to do Lou?”

“What myth?” Sandy asked again.

Andrew cast a frantic look to Louise before looking back to Sandy.

“It was a long time ago,” he began.

“I don’t think this is the right time to tell that story,” Louise interrupted him.

“I just saw Sean murdered. Don’t you think it’s time to confess.”

“We didn’t do anything,” Louise protested.

“We knew what happened and we still took this job. We didn’t tell anyone else about the curse.”

Fiona paced nervously looking from one to the other with an expression of horror on her face as though she just been caught by warring parents and asked to choose who she wanted to live with. Louise was her boss and Andrew, was the one who’d gotten her the job writing on the show.

“Tell me,” Sandy cried out.

“They cast someone else as Alf Stewart!” Louise cried out.

“There was an accident; one of the cameras ran off its rails and carried on down the dock. It hit him full on and he went into the water. His body was never recovered.”

“No, I don’t buy it. There was never someone else…” Sandy shook her head.

“Yes Sandy,” Louise muttered before looking out the window. She gasped as she thought she saw someone out there. She cast a frantic look back to Sandy still pressed flat against the wall opposite them. She seemed to pale before gasping. Her mouth opened and closed and it took a few moments before they realised what was happening. A crimson stain spread over her abdomen and she seemed to jerk back and then forward before slumping down. Time was suspended as they looked behind her and saw the point of the hook retreating out of a small hole that had been made in the wall.

“Sandy? Sandy?” Fiona muttered before she screamed.

“No,” Louise cried out.

She raced over to her fallen colleague and friend and knelt next to her body. Clutching her hand she looked at the wound before ripping off her scarf and pressing that down on it. Sandy gave a small moan as blood bubbled up and over her lips.

“She’s going to be alright,” Andrew told them as Louise looked at him as though he was stupid. He shrugged off the automatic response and raced over to his laptop. “I’ve got internet access…..”

“How is that going to help?”

“I can get help…” He muttered hopefully.

“How?” Fiona looked desperately around the room before she grabbed the first aid box from the corner of the room and raced over to where Louise was trying to help Sandy. She’d just managed to open the box when the lights flickered and went out again.

“No!” Louise cried out in frustration.

ACT ONE

SCENE FOUR

The porta-cabin is in darkness. SANDY lies on the floor, critically injured from THE FISHERMAN’s attack, with LOUISE and FIONA attending to her. ANDREW is trying to use the internet to reach help.

LOUISE: I can’t see anything.

FIONA: I’m right next to you, here,

(FIONA holds up her phone, the small screen provides some light.)

LOUISE: Thanks

SANDY: it hurts (moans)

LOUISE: I know, just hang on we’re going to get you out of here.

(FIONA and LOUISE exchange a look)

FIONA: I’ve got some tablets and water in my bag.

(LOUISE nods to her and she fetches her bag stumbling as she moves across the room in near darkness.)

LOUISE: Hang on Sandy, just hang on! (sobs)

ANDREW: (Excitedly) I got someone!

LOUISE: Are they sending help?

ANDREW: Hang on…

FIONA: Here take a drink, (holds a bottle of water up so Sandy can drink.)

LOUISE: Think you can swallow some tablets Sandy?

SANDY: How bad am I? I can’t see it…

LOUISE: I think the bleeding has stopped.

FIONA: here. (Places tablet in Sandy’s mouth and helps her swallow.

SANDY: Thank you (Coughs)

(LOUISE lifts up a tissue and wipes at SANDY’s mouth flinching as the tissue comes away bloody. She exchanges a look with FIONA)

FIONA: Just hold on ok.

(SANDY gasps before her eyes close and she slips into unconsciousness.)

“I think I’ve got my mate ringing the police,” Andrew told them.

Above them the lights flickered and came back on causing them all to gasp in relief. Louise stood and collected her bag and coat. She laid the garment over the top of Sandy checking that the other woman was still with them.

“I think I stopped the bleeding, I’m not sure, do we have…..” Louise stopped and looked over at Andrew seeing an expression of horror on his face. “What?”

“Who did this?”

“Did what?” This was from Fiona, her voice sounding exasperated.

“Put kittens as my desktop!”

It was Andrew’s affronted tone that did it, somehow causing a relief of the tension of the moment and both women laughed at him before sobering.

“That is the least of your worries, we need to find a way out of here,” Louise muttered after a moment.

“How?”

“We cut through that wall and go out through the dinner,” she outlined the plan.

“Okay, I’ll just go ask the Fisherman if I can borrow his sharp pointy hook,” Andrew shot back sarcastically.

They were silenced by a moan coming from Sandy and all of them looked back at the prone woman before back at each other.

“I have a pen knife in my bag,” Louise told them quietly.

She moved over to where she’d left it, by Sandy and with a sharp gesture she tipped out the contents on to the floor. Searching through them she picked up the Swiss army knife she’d confiscated from her daughter. She opened up the blade and pressed her thumb against it feeling the sharpness.

“Lou, what’s this?”

Louise started at Fiona’s question and a bright drop of crimson splashed on the floor as she cut herself on the knife blade.

“That..” She looked to what Fiona had picked up, a piece of cream paper, “it came to the office from…”

“His last script,” Andrew said realising it was from the script-writer who’d died in a traffic accident a week or so ago.

“Yes,” Louise murmured, “I hadn’t had a chance to read it.”

“I think we should read it now,” Fiona told them, earning identical glares from both of them, “no listen, ‘A drop of blood splashes down as Louise cuts herself on the knife.’.” she quoted from the page she was holding.

“What?”

Andrew gave a gasp and looked over at them before he left his laptop. He shuffled through the loose pages on the floor before picking one up and reading it. “Sean spins around and shines the torch into the darkness. It picks up the shine of a metal object…” he pauses in his reading to moan, “This happened,” he told the others.

“Quick find the end page,” Fiona cried.

“No, stop, this can’t be happening,” Louise shook her head, “How can this be scripted? How can someone even know about the Fisherman; that was a secret that only five people know?” She moaned as she tried to take in that this was actually happening. Sean was dead, Sandy was nearly dead and they were at the mercy of some sick person. She could feel her resolve slipping and forced those feelings back. She was the ‘Script Producer’, the one in charge; she had to be the strong one.

Fiona looked at Louise and shook her head too, “I don’t know,” she murmured as she began to put the pages in order. She glanced at page numbers before lifting the bundle on to the only table they didn’t use to block the door and began to organise them. She read as she worked, used to handling paper from her years as a writer until she’d put the script in order. Almost beyond their will all three of them began to read from the beginning.

ACT ONE

SCENE FIVE

The discovery of the script causes LOUISE to cut herself with the knife. A drop of blood splashes down as LOUISE cuts herself and she looks over at the others as the script pages are placed in order and they begin to read.

LOUISE: I still don’t know how this is possible.

ANDREW: It’s here in black and white, we have to believe. I think (pauses) that this is the only way we are going to get out of this.

FIONA: If we are allowed to get out of this…

LOUISE: What do you mean?

FIONA: Keep reading.

LOUISE: I am but this doesn’t make sense. How could they know about Rhiannon’s accident? Or that we would have this meeting? Or even about the weather?

FIONA: I know it doesn’t make sense. It can’t be happening and yet.. it’s here.

(ANDREW moans)

LOUISE: What is it?

ANDREW: Last page, (moans again) none of us get out of here.

FIONA, LOUISE and ANDREW share a look before LOUISE casts her eyes around on the discarded contents of her bag. She picks up one of her sharpie marker pens and reaches for the end page. With red lines she strikes out the words written there and begins to rewrite the ending.

“Louise what are you doing?”

“I’m the god-damn script producer and I can decide what is going into the script” she muttered writing feverishly in red ink on the last page of the script altering the ending. For a moment she feels bad at editing someone else’s work but then she remembers Sandy and Sean and continues red-lining the page.

“I’m an associate,” Andrew says with a sort of glee. He grabs a marker from his bag and scrambles through the pages until he finds the one where Sean is murdered. He’s tempted to leave it in for a second as the drama the death creates means that the story can head in all sorts of ways, thinking of the many characters that he’d helped write out in Home and Away at that moment but then he uses his thick black pen to cross out the words and instead writes that it’s merely a flesh wound and that once the coast is clear he gets up and reinstates the lights, leaving the generator room locked so that the lights can’t be turned off again.

“This; is this in the script?” he asks quickly looking at the others.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve just written that the lights come back on and look, well they did so if we’re altering what happens …”

Sandy moans before she pushes the coat away from her and eases up off the floor. As all three turn and look at her she gives them a puzzled expression.

“What is the matter?” She muttered.

“I haven’t..” Louise begins to tell them looking over at Sandy as she moves towards them, “I haven’t altered that bit.”

“What bit?” Sandy gives them another look.

“The bit that says you are okay,” Louise straightens and pulls away from the others.

Sandy reaches under her top and pulls off the bag that contains the fake blood and drops it to the floor before lifting a finger to her lip and wiping at the trail of blood there. She holds it up for a moment before licking it.

“Strawberry flavour,” she announces.

“Sandy,” Fiona calls sounding puzzled.

“The Fisherman was my grandfather,” she announces.

“Now there’s a plot twist I should have seen coming,” Andrew muttered as he watched Sandy pull out a curved hook she’d had hidden in the back of her jeans and point it towards them.

“But you couldn’t have killed Sean,” Louise muttered, “you were in here with us,” she added.

“Sean’s not dead,” Sandy murmured.

“He’s not?”

Andrew grinned for a second before sobering. “I er… made it a flesh wound.”

“But she still couldn’t have been in two places at the same time,” Louise said hastily.

“So what are you saying Louise?” Sandy murmured a glint in her blue eyes. She moved the hook from one hand to the other smiling as they seemed to be hypnotised by the movement.

“There’s someone else out there isn’t there?”

“She has an accomplice?” Andrew whistled, “I didn’t see that one coming.”

“Oh please, this is all so cliché,” Fiona snapped glaring at Andrew, “the storm, the demon script, the hook-handed killer that only a few people know about? Where is the security guard that let us on set? Why hasn’t he been to check on us with the lights going out?”

Andrew smirked, “maybe he’s in on it,” he said slowly.

“Or he’s dead,” Louise added with a glance down at the pages.

Suddenly a loud boom came from the wall that adjoined the diner, the one they had been planning to cut through just moments before and it appeared to morph towards them in a shudder of movement, before a second boom and then a third. Finally a hole opened up in it and they saw the sharp point of an axe retreat from the gap.

“Stand back,” Sean called out.

“Thank god,” Fiona cried stepping back and away from Sandy, her eyes watching her warily.

Louise kept an eye on everybody before grabbing hold of the pen again. She looked down on the last page and saw what she’d written earlier. With an unsteady hand she wrote down that Sandy saw the error of her ways and as she hadn’t killed anyone she became a reformed character. That was what Home and Away did so well, she thought with a touch of pride, they turned the bad guys into heroes. With barely a glance at Sandy she continued writing, putting in a part about Sean coming to the rescue. About the security guard calling the police because he sensed something was wrong and how they were on their way. With a last flourish she added how after a blur of interviews with the police and then collecting their belongings they were escorted home before adding the immortal words. The End.

“Is that it?” Andrew asked slowly watching with a kind of awe as Sandy dropped the hook and Sean burst into the room, followed by the security guard.

“I’ve called the police, they are on their way,” he announced.

Fiona gave a small sob, “I think we’re forgetting something,” she began, “who’s the accomplice?”

Sandy laughed as she looked at them. “I think you are forgetting a lot of things, like how did he call the police when our phones didn’t work?”

“I used the landline,” the guard murmured as they turned and looked at him seeming to wait for some explanation.

“I hope so,” Louise said fervently. She found herself going over to her bag and collecting up all the stuff she’d spilled out of it earlier and wondered if that were due to the script she’d altered or whether she was just a neat freak. Sean, Sandy, everything seemed too much to comprehend right now. She looked at the pages spread out on the table and shuddered with revulsion. Maybe it was time for a career change and instead of deciding the fate of so many characters she should go and do something else. Perhaps take a long extended trip with her family.

It didn’t take long for the police to arrive and question them. Paramedics were called to attend to the wound in Sean’s shoulder and check them all over. Louise looked on as Sandy was placed in the back of a police car and escorted away. She hoped that it meant she would get help but she right at that moment she didn’t care, all she wanted to do was go home and see her family then climb into a warm bed.

Andrew watched as the others left before he moved inside and reclaimed his laptop. He cast a glance over at the pages of the script still scattered over the table. He resisted the urge that made him want to go over to it and read it one more time as he quickly put his laptop away in its case and grabbed his coat, pulling it on to ward off the sudden chill he had. As if lured towards it he found himself stepping towards the table and glancing down. Underneath the leg of the table was a piece of the script they must have missed and grunted before bending and easing it out from underneath the table leg he began to read.

“No,” he muttered looking quickly around behind him and grabbing the last of his stuff he raced out of the building and over to last remaining police car, “We have to stop it,” he cried out.

“Sir?”

“It’s Sandy, she escapes and takes out Louise’s car.…” he muttered just as an explosion sounded in the distance, forced to watch as a plume of smoke and flame rose up into the sky. He turned as he heard a sound from just behind him to catch sight of a man wearing a hat and sou’wester, and looking down at his hand and seeing the lights reflecting off the metal hook in his hand. The Fisherman. Just as he was about to scream the Fisherman ran towards him and in his vision he only saw the hook as it swung down towards him.

Entry Two

Revenge Is Sweet

Warning: Mild swearing

Summer Bay 2024

The windows begin to rattle. The door creaks open and my whole body is on edge. The power is out and this dilapidated house begins to make my skin crawl.

The whole house is deserted apart from the bed I have upstairs. I can feel the whole house speaking to me. I squeeze my hands and rub them against my jeans. I can feel that I shouldn’t be here but I have to know the truth.

I have to know the truth about what happened on Halloween ten years ago and this town has the answers, every single last one of them.

‘You’re going to tell me the truth.’ I state.

‘No I will never do that.’

I smile and he has the good grace to look scared, he’s tied up and cannot move, there are electrical probes attached to his skin, I have a switch in my hand. His hands begin to twitch but he says nothing.

My smile increases as I move the dial and allow more voltage to enter his body, enough to cause pain but not enough to knock him out. I wanted his to be conscious enough to tell me the truth. It took me so long to find out he was my sister’s murderer. I was going to get the answers I wanted even if I had to kill him in the end to get it.

The electrical charge surged through his body, his skin shined with sweat and his veins in the neck bulged out but I was relentless. He clenched his fists and tried not to scream out but his willpower gave out.

After a few long and drawn out few moments when the electrical shock trickled down, he breathed out and panted.

‘Okay, I will tell you, I promise.’

Ten Years Ago

The wind howls, the trees groan and moan giving off what some people may interpret as a warning to anyone in the vicinity to get out and to stay the hell away from Summer Bay.

The animals in the bush hurried away from the trees and into their shelter, the shelter that would protect them from the beast roaming the woods.

‘I need to get out of here’ she mutters to herself trying to find her way back to the trail that would lead out of the woods. The flowing winds and the storm bring branches and woodland flying across the landscape hitting anything or anyone in its path.

‘I am such an idiot, why the hell did I go out walking at this time?’

She plodded along despite the intense winds battling against her body, her only intention was to get to a safe haven, and somewhere she could wait out this storm.

There was no way that anyone could have predicted that it would be the last time she ever did that. The winds changed course and hit her in the knees, she stumbled and put a hand out to brace herself against a tree bark. A branch then fell down from the tree and knocked her unconscious.

Minutes passed & she remained unconscious. Following a few hours, her body was dragged into a nearby shed. She couldn’t feel anything as the man whispers to himself.

‘This is going to be perfect and ideal. The b*tch deserves it’

He began to prepare the body by tying her to the steel bolts in the ground so that she couldn’t escape; he ripped her top off so she was just in her jeans, and her bra.

He smiled inanely to himself and got a long piece of electrical cable, with the earth wire hanging out of the bottom. She began to come around; she felt the ground underneath her and frowned for a few miniscule seconds as she tried to process what was going on.

‘You ruined my life, you deserve to pay!’

She opens her mouth to scream but he doesn’t stop throwing water all over her body, causing her to shiver. Her inner body temperature was already dangerously low.

‘With any luck, this will be very very painful.’ He chuckled to himself as he rubbed the ends of the electrical

‘The stories are rampant at the moment.’ Colleen whispers in the diner.

Irene begins to shush her whilst serving the customers.

‘Well it is true. Someone did it, how can she just be dead with no reason?’

Irene responds in a hushed voice ‘We don’t know what happened, so stop speculating for gawd sake!’.

‘There has to be a reason.’ Colleen replied with a huff and stalked off to the kitchen probably to cook something else for another customer.

A few weeks ago, there was a murder on the highway, the body was stabbed countless times and mauled with claw marks. The local police had no idea what was going on and have pretty much reached a dead end. The body had no identity. Jane Doe. Poor girl. She has no one to claim her; she will just be buried in an unnamed grave with no one to mourn her, to miss her or even to mark her passing. Her life in essence became meaningless because no one would remember her.

‘They haven’t released the body.’ Irene said in order to shut up Colleen.

‘Well Madge Wilkins said that they couldn’t identify her because her fingertips were removed and all the blood was drained from her body.’

Irene frowned, she didn’t want to encourage Colleen anymore but she couldn’t deny that was actually very curious as to what was going on.

‘What about her teeth? Surely they have dental records.’

‘Ripped out.’

Irene flinched as Colleen went to a table to take an order. Her heart went to the poor girl whose life had been ended in such a grim and brutal manner. She couldn’t imagine what the poor girls family was going through, not knowing if she was okay, or even having a clue that something might have happened.

Irene turned around and looked at the diner, there were enough customers to keep her busy but not run ragged. Everyone she knew had left the bay, there were no more youngsters around. April and Dex had moved to Paris for their education, they were married now and settled in their life. Irene smiled in the memory of watching them getting married on the beach. Indi had moved to London to pursue her dreams of her own business and had met a new man who would hopefully be good to her. Life had changed for everyone but she was still in the diner, still plodding along. Some things never change.

Present Day 2024

‘So you killed her because you could?’ I could feel the anger radiating off my body, he was a piece of scum and deserved to rot in the lowest pits of hell.

‘She ruined my reputation.’

‘She is my sister.’

Stu sneered ‘Well she’s long gone now.’

‘Yeah, same for you, only you will go in a blaze of fire.’

Stu’s eyes popped out of his socket as Felix’s words sunk in. Felix picked up a can of petrol and began to pour it all over him.

The electrical surge that rumbled through his body at the same caused the chair to rattle as Stu doubled up his efforts to get out of his chair ties but only succeeded in turning his chair over. The electrical cable and the petrol caused sparks to appear and a fire to ignite.

Felix took a look behind him and smiled as he vacated the building, the b*stard would rot in hell for Sasha’s murder and he could know that justice had been served. Sasha could now rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Entry One:A Hanging Tree

This had a nice spooky atmosphere whilst also being very funny and poking fun at the show’s conventions, with the discussion of the various storylines people have been responsible for and the idea of villains suddenly turning good.I’m not sure the twist ending was necessary but I guess it’s appropriate for that kind of story.I also found the story a bit long.But it had a lot of good points and was an enjoyable read.

Entry Two:Revenge is Sweet

This opens with a mystery as to who the characters we’re dealing with are, a mystery that continues almost to the end, which made it a bit difficult to visualise at times but was nicely handled.I did wonder if the sister would turn out to be Sasha but the twist that Felix was the one getting revenge was unexpected. The exchange between Irene and Colleen was quite amusing, especially Irene reflecting on never changing, but didn’t really feel necessary and I didn’t quite understand why, even with Indi and Dexter gone, no-one noticed Sasha had disappeared.But it was a good twist and quite macabre and disturbing.

So, casting my vote, I go for Entry One.

Entry Three: A Halloween Dance to Remember

October 31, 1996

Stephanie Mboto was getting ready for the Summer Bay High Halloween dance. She was going as Minnie Mouse. Sure, to others it may be childish, but Stephanie wanted to dress up as one of her favourite Disney characters she cherished as a child. Her surrogate mum, Kelly Watson bought her a red polka-dot dress with black trim to go with her lovely black Mary Jane shoes she bought while shopping in the city. She was hoping to impress her boyfriend, Liam Tanner with her Halloween costume. He hadn't told her what he was dressing up for the dance, but she was curious to know.

As Stephanie putting her Minnie Mouse ears on her head, Kelly entered the bedroom.

"Stephanie, Liam's here." Kelly said.

"Tell him to come in." Stephanie responded.

Liam entered Stephanie's bedroom wearing a Mickey Mouse costume.

"You like my costume babe?" Liam asked Stephanie.

Stephanie turned around and looked at Liam with love in her eyes.

"Oh Liam. You remembered!" Stephanie said, giving Liam a strong embrace.

"Of course I did." Liam said with a huge smile on his face.

"Shall we head to the school?"

"Sounds good. Casey and Joey are expecting us." Liam said.

With that, Stephanie and Liam left to go to the dance.

When Liam and Stephanie arrived at Summer Bay High, they met up with their friends Casey Mitchell and Joey Rainbow.

"Looking nice, Steph!" Casey said, giving her best friend a hug.

"So do you. What are you supposed to be?" Stephanie asked, examining Casey's costume.

"I'm a dark angel."

"Nice." Liam said.

"You like my costume man?" Joey asked Liam

"Superman!" Liam boomed in a deep voice.

Joey and Liam both started laughing.

"Where'd you get your costume from, Casey?" Stephanie asked Casey.

"I got it from some store in Reefton Lakes." was Casey's response.

A few minutes later, Tiegan Brook approaches Stephanie and her friends.

"Hey guys." Tiegan said.

"Well, if it isn't the Wicked Witch of the West!" came the sarcastic response from Casey, mocking Tiegan's costume.

"More than I can say for your outfit! Never knew you were into the dark stuff, Mitchell!" Tiegan fired back.

Stephanie rolled her eyes while Joey and Liam gave each other a "here-we-go-again" look. Casey and Tiegan could not stand each other. That was because of a love triangle that occurred several months ago between the two girls and Jack Wilson. Jack chose Casey over Tiegan, who was actually dating Jack at the time. Since then, Tiegan has hated Casey's guts. Casey, however, has a different reason for hating Tiegan. Three months ago, Tiegan started a rumour that Casey was pregnant. It took weeks for Casey to clear her name, but got even angrier at Tiegan, who actually had the nerve to deny the whole thing! The truth was, it was the school bitch in their year group, Sonia Hammond that started the rumour. Casey never knew the truth however and her friendship with Tiegan was damaged.

"Why don't we stop fighting and be civil?" Stephanie said, trying to enlighten the mood amongst her friends.

"Not with her!" Casey said, storming off.

Tiegan looked upset.

"Don't worry Tiegz. I'm sure Casey will come around." Stephanie said to Tiegan, giving her a hug.

"I don't think she ever will." was Tiegan's response.

The music soon started to play.

"Let's dance." Liam responded.

Liam, Stephanie and Tiegan all went off to dance. Joey, however, went to comfort Casey.

"You okay?" Joey asked his girlfriend.

"I'll be fine." Casey said through thin lips.

"Come dance with me."

"Okay." Casey said with a smile on her face.

Joey took Casey by the hand and led her to the dance floor.

As the night went on, spooky Halloween noises echoed the gymnasium.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Sally Fletcher said

"You are such a wuss, Sally Fletcher." Sonia Hammond sneered

"Leave her alone!" Casey said, storming over to Sonia.

"Mind your own business, Mitchell!" Sonia snapped at Casey

Sonia's friends, Kim Lee and Aimee Hardy glared at Casey.

"You've got some nerve talking to Sonia like that." Aimee said in an intimidating voice.

"Yeah." Kim responded

"Just sticking up for a mate." was Casey's reply.

"Whatever. I'm just glad I got the better of you when I started that rumour about you being pregnant." Sonia coolly replied before walking off with Aimee and Kim.

Casey felt her temperature rise. After all this time, it was Sonia Hammond that started the rumour and not Tiegan Brook?!?

"You....BITCH!!!" Casey was so consumed with rage that she tackled Sonia to the ground and starting slapping her!

"What is going on here?!? asked the principal of Summer Bay High, Donald Fisher.

Casey and Sonia are soon separated.

"This fighting is unacceptable! Who started it?!?" Mr Fisher demanded from both girls.

No one responded.

"Right! Anymore nonsense and you can both leave!"

And with that, Mr Fisher stormed away.

"You all right Casey?" Stephanie asked sympathetically

Casey ran towards the bathroom with tears streaming down her face.

"I'll go after her." Tiegan said to Joey, who was on his way to comfort Casey.

"Okay."

Tiegan found Casey in the girls bathroom crying her eyes out.

"What's wrong?" Tiegan asked Casey with concern in her voice.

"What do you mean what's wrong?" Casey sobbed "I feel so bad about accusing you of starting that pregnancy rumour."

"Shush. It's okay. It's not an issue anymore." Tiegan said softly.

"How can you say that? I threw away our friendship over some silly rumour. You must hate me forever." Casey cried.

"I don't hate you for that. I did hate you for going behind my back with Jack, but I'm over it now." Tiegan said

"I think it's fair to say that we both screwed up." Casey said, sniffing.

"Friends again?"

"Friends." Casey said.

Tiegan and Casey hugged each other.

"Sonia is such a cow!" Tiegan said

"Yeah. I so wanna get revenge." Casey responded.

"Well, tonight is the perfect place to do it." Tiegan said with a huge smile on her face.

Casey smiled back. Sonia Hammond was going to pay big time!

At 10:00pm, all of the lights went out.

"Oh no!" Sally said

"Looks like someone has cut the power off!" Sam Marshall said

"Well, duh!" Sonia responded sarcastically

Suddenly, sounds of ghosts, gremlins and witches echoed across the gymnasium.

The students all screamed.

"Now calm down." Mr Fisher said.

Casey decided to put her plan into action.

"Hey Sonia! Wanna hit me?!? Go ahead!" Casey gloated at Sonia

"Fine, I will bitch!" Sonia said.

The next thing everyone knew, there were loud banging noises and Casey screaming before a sickening thud was heard.

"Casey?!?" Stephanie said, her voice quivering.

All of a sudden, the lights came back on and Casey was lying on the floor with her head covered in blood.

"CASEY!!!" Joey shouted, pushing his way through the crowd to see Casey.

Joey started crying as he seen his beloved girlfriend on the floor looking lifeless.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!?" Joey screamed at Sonia.

For once, Sonia Hammond was lost for words.

"I...I...I didn't...mean...to..." Sonia said, her voice trailing

"You killed her!" Liam snarled

"That was my best friend!" Stephanie shouted

"I didn't do it! I didn't do it!" Sonia started yelling

"You are such a liar!" Sally snapped

"I'm not lying." Sonia said hysterically.

"Liar! Liar! Liar!" chanted the crowd

Sonia started to see that her pirate outfit was starting to get wet.

"Oh look! Sonia's wet herself!" Selina Roberts said triumphantly.

Pretty soon, the crowd erupted in laughter. Even Kim and Aimee were laughing at their best friend

"It's not funny!" Sonia screamed at them.

All of a sudden, Casey sneaked up behind Sonia.

"BOO!" Casey shouted as loud as she could.

Sonia jumped half a mile and realised that she had been pranked on Halloween.

"What a bunch of immature brats!" Sonia yelled at the top of her voice before running out of the gymnasium, with Aimee and Kim quickly following her.

"How did you pull that off?" Liam asked Casey.

"Fake blood my friend." Casey said with a smile on her face.

"But what about the loud noises?"

"Did someone say loud noises?" Tiegan asked her friends, coming back to the gymnasium.

"Tiegz? You made those loud noises? But how?" Stephanie asked Tiegan.

"I played around with some sounds." Tiegan said. "I'm sure Sonia Hammond and her bitchy associates are shaking in their boots now."

"They sure are." Joey said, laughing.

"Let's go back and dance." Casey said.

Stephanie and her friends resumed dancing.

Around midnight, the dance comes to a close and Stephanie and her friends are walking home.

"That was one spooky prank you and Tiegan pulled." Joey said to Casey.

"It sure was, but creative at the same time." Casey smiled.

"The most important thing is that we're friends again." Tiegan said.

"It sure is."

"Well, we might head off a different direction." Liam said to Joey, Casey and Tiegan.

"Okay man. See you at school tomorrow." Joey said, giving Liam a handshake.

"Bye everyone." Stephanie said to her friends, giving each one of them a hug.

"Later Steph." Tiegan responded.

Liam and Stephanie resumed on walking to Travis and Kelly's

"I had a great time dancing with you tonight." Stephanie said.

"I did too." Liam said, looking at Stephanie lovingly.

Stephanie and Liam slowly moved towards each other and started to kiss.

"Good night, Liam." Stephanie said softly.

"Good night, girl." Liam smiled before returning to the caravan park.

Stephanie headed inside and went to her bedroom with a huge smile on her face. This was one Halloween dance she would never forget.

THe time for entering entries for the contest closed Bretto about a week ago :huh: But I guess it's alright as there has only been the one vote so far. If we had some more votes though it would be unfair. You should of really posted your story to me within the entering time

Archived