Sanda Bullock adopts Baby Boy

Guest KirstyEkua

From People Online:

In public, Sandra Bullock has been through the best and worst of times this year – from winning her first Oscar to enduring the breakup of her marriage. In private, she was quietly keeping a joyful secret – his name is Louis, and he is her newborn son.

"He's just perfect, I can't even describe him any other way," Bullock reveals exclusively in the new issue of PEOPLE, announcing that she is the proud mother of Louis Bardo Bullock, a 3½-month-old boy, born in New Orleans. "It's like he's always been a part of our lives."

Bullock, 45, and husband Jesse James, 41, began the adoption process four years ago and brought Louis home in January but decided to keep the news to themselves until after the Oscars. Their close friends and family – including James's children Sunny, 6, Jesse Jr., 12, and Chandler, 15 – were essential in keeping the adoption a secret.

Then, just 10 days after the March 7 Oscars, Bullock and James separated following reports James had cheated. Bullock says she is now finalizing the adoption as a single parent.

Another article:

Sandra Bullock dropped a bombshell when she revealed to PEOPLE that in January she adopted a boy from New Orleans and is divorcing husband Jesse James. Now, Jesse James is finally opening up about the news, telling PEOPLE he has a "huge hole" in his heart.

"My whole life has been full of hard decisions. The decision to let my wife end our marriage, and continue the adoption of Louis on her own, has been the hardest. The love I have for Louis cannot be put to words. Not having him around to love and to hold has left a huge hole in my heart," James said.

She and James began the adoption process four years ago, before becoming parents earlier this year. The couple decided to keep the news to themselves until after the Oscars.

Bullock was on top of the world when she won her first Oscar for her role in 'The Blind Side.' But just eight days after her victory, Michelle "Bombshell" McGee revealed she had been having an affair with James. Eventually, several more women stepped forward. Rumors suggested that at least seven women were involved with Jesse during his marriage

"I ask that you please do not judge Sandy for the things I have done. She has done no wrong. She played no part in any of this. She has been an amazing wife, mother and best friend for the over 6 years we have been together," he said.

Bullock says she is now adopting as a single parent and is divorcing her husband. "Yes, I have filed for divorce," she told the magazine, adding that she is "sad and scared" about it. This is only the second time Bullock has spoken out in the aftermath of her husband's sex scandal, which broke in mid-March.

I can't believe they had him since January and managed to keep it a secret. Although knowing they were adopting a newborn makes everything her husband did seem so much worse. :rolleyes: I don't normally agree with celebrity adoptions (especially of international children) but i admire her decision to adopt an American baby and hope things work out for her and little Louis.

That is such fantastic news, I am really so happy for her and Louis is a beautiful, gorgeous baby! I agree that knowing her husband had these affairs whilst having adopted a baby with her makes him even more of a word that I'm not going to say on here!! Oh and his whole "the decision to let my wife ended our marriage" - is he serious? Who does he think he is? I'm sure she came to that decision on her own whether he liked it or not, I'm sure she didn't ask for his permission and if anyones ended their marriage it's him! Ugh <_<

Anyway I wish her all the best for the future, she'll make a fantastic Mum and at least she's got this gorgeous little one to help her through this difficult time. It also shows that celebrities CAN keep their private lives out of the spotlight. After these affair revelations the paparazzi must have been seeking her out all the time - it's incredible that she managed to reveal it on her own terms.

I'm glad she's happy too, but her life is certainly becoming a bit of a soap opera isn't it? Before this year she was one of those celebrities who is famous for their work only, but now her personal life is overshadowing all that, like Brad and Angelina, or Tiger Woods. I hope for her sake her private business becomes more private and she goes back to being known as an actress more than as a celebrity.

I'm glad she's happy too, but her life is certainly becoming a bit of a soap opera isn't it? Before this year she was one of those celebrities who is famous for their work only, but now her personal life is overshadowing all that, like Brad and Angelina, or Tiger Woods. I hope for her sake her private business becomes more private and she goes back to being known as an actress more than as a celebrity.

Yeah I agree!

I hope that her life doesn't continue to turn into some sort of freakshow where everyone in the public wants to know everything about you ie Cheryl Cole, Tiger Woods.

I don't think it will thought because her breakup is already starting to fade away, shes said shes getting a divorce and thats that sorted. Cheryl Cole on the other hand is really dragging it out as long as possible trying to get as much publicity as she can.

I really don't care about the majoirty of celebrities in America. If they want to adpot a baby or have a baby that's their business. I couldn't care less. I reckon these celebrities should foster children as well if they love kids so much. Private lives of celebrities in the media really doesn't concern me, only if I'm a fan of them of course. The media usually twists the reports on their private lives anyway....

I think she's done incredibly well to keep it out of the limelight until now, and i hope the press don't hound her now she's announced it so publically. Although i guess she had too eventually. I admire her for keeping silent for so long and not doing any interviews at all until now. The tabloids are scum but it's not like she's actively seeking the publicity, unlike some i could mention (aka Brad and Angelina). :rolleyes:

Re: Cheryl Cole. How do you reach that conclusion? She has barely said one word about Ashley since she announced the separation. As far as i can see, any official interviews she's done have been about her work and she's been away working in the USA. Those 'interviews' in gossip magazines don't count for anything becasue she has no control over them. I think she's acted with dignity and class throughout the whole thing.

I was so happy to hear about this. Now that she has split from her husband, she probably wouldn't have had the chance to have had her own child as shee is now getting older. I think its great that she decided to go ahead with this. And he such a beautiful little boy.

Just read that Sandra is moving back to New Orleans with her new son, because its where Louis is from and because she loves the people and way of life there!

I think its really nice shes moving back to his hometown, she says she wants him to know his hometown "inside out"

Archived