Trailer and poster for Step up 3-D starring Sharni Vinson

Guest MissOlivia22

l_cdba219e058842d9b9d68a4854b6de87.jpg

"New York's intense street dancing underground comes alive in eye-popping Digital 3D in the third installment of the Step Up franchise as the raw, passion-fueled culture goes global. A tight-knit group of street dancers, including Luke (Rick Malambri) and Natalie (Sharni Vinson), team up with NYU freshman Moose (Adam Sevani), and find themselves pitted against the world's best breakdancers in a high-stakes showdown that will change their lives forever."

Trailer here - http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/step-up-3d/trailer

& poster from here - http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...mp;swapped=true

Rick Malambri is walking proof of Hollywood choosing pretty boys over decent actors. If his acting in the trailer is anything to go by, he is going to be horrid. Sharni isn't bad though and it's good to see her making a name of herself in Hollywood. This will only lead her on to bigger and better things.

Rick Malambri is walking proof of Hollywood choosing pretty boys over decent actors.

Well I wouldn't generalise like that with all casting for all films made in hollywood being based on looks. But for a film like Step Up 3D I'm assuming looks & dancing abilities feature higher up on the list over acting talent. The audience a movie like this targets is more likely to be squeeing at the leading man's looks & the dancing rather than analysing the dramatic performance. And It's safe to say the producers know it so in fact the casting is perfect by that standard. I know I don't watch movies like the Step Up series for a unique storyline or acting performance. :P

Anyway go Sharni. Woop! she looks awesome in the trailer. :D

^Really? I would definitely generalize that for the majority of Hollywood films. The fact is Robert Hoffman was a decent actor (and to an extent, Channing Tatum) but Rick looks absolutely awful - unbearable even. I don't watch these movies for the acting performance either but it does help when you're not thinking "My God, this guy is ****!" throughout the whole film. Of course, I'm making an assumption but the trailer doesn't make him look promising.

^Really? I would definitely generalize that for the majority of Hollywood films.

You said previously that hollywood choses pretty boys over actors & that statement seems to suggest you meant for all films. So I said that I wouldn't generalise like that. Like I said the producers do go with looks when casting for some films, especially those aimed at audiences that will be watching it for such shallow reasons alone. But it's not the case with every movie but I see we're on the same page with that now.

The fact is Robert Hoffman was a decent actor (and to an extent, Channing Tatum) but Rick looks absolutely awful - unbearable even. I don't watch these movies for the acting performance either but it does help when you're not thinking "My God, this guy is ****!" throughout the whole film. Of course, I'm making an assumption but the trailer doesn't make him look promising.

Wow so you weren't thinking that watching the first two? I know I was in between perving at Channing Tatum in a singlet. :P I've not seen Rick in anything else, but I'd say he fits the brief for casting a lead for this fim, from what little I saw of him in the trailer. And it's the same people that cast Sharni in the female lead so they can't be that bad at their jobs.

The trailer looks good. I'm really looking forward to watching it. :D It'll be great to see Sharni again. I don't know if I'll go and watch it in 3D though as I'm not really a 3D fan and those movies usually give me a headache.

I also think that dancing abilities and maybe even looks are probably more important than acting skills in this kind of movie. Plus, they seem to hire actors who aren't famous and/or have (very) little experience in the acting world, which could explain that their acting skills are not always that good. Personally, I had never heard of the actors from the previous movies until they were released, except for Mario (Miles in the first movie) and Cassie Ventura (Sophie in the 2nd movie) who are also singers and were a bit popular back then. It might seem different to us with this movie because we've known Sharni for several years but she isn't really known to viewers who have never watched or heard of Home & Away.

Archived