2010 Logies

Guest MeganSaturday

I'm stoked that Ray won! Loved his speech - hilarious, humble... just overall a great speech! Congratulations to Luke too!

And everyone looked gorgeous (not too keen on Tessa's hair though)! :)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh it is weird that there doesn't seem to be any Home and Away cast pictures floating around. I hope some come out eventually.

Yer I was sad about that!! I wanted one of the whole cast together :( And I'm sad Jon didn't go either! There's usually quite a few of different cast members together but it was mainly just individual photos this year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s15/home-an...gold-logie.html

Ray Meagher has been crowned as Australian television's most popular personality.

The Home and Away star, who has played Alf Stewart in the soap for 22 years, beat Packed To The Rafters star Rebecca Gibney and chatshow host Rove McManus to be handed the prestigious Gold Logie award.

As he accepted the award, Meagher said: "These things have never meant much to me over the years, really, mainly because I've never held one. All of a sudden they seem unbelievably important."

The actor thanked his huge online fan base, saying: "I hear there's a thing called Facebook and a thing called Twitter - I thought it was a bird-watching thing.

"Just being in constant work for the 40 years I've been in the business has just been a wonderful reward. And certainly the last 22 years on Home and Away is more than enough reward. This is just like the icing on the cake."

Meagher's longtime co-star Kate Ritchie won the Gold Logie award in 2007 and 2008.

Yeah, she looks like her old self again :) On HAA they probably used make-up to make her look tired and unhealthy for her final storyline, but it can't have been all make-up! She was extremely thin for a while there. Just look at photos from last year's Logies. It's really good to see her looking so happy, and healthier :D

Archived