Home And Away star caught in drug bust

Guest mbi615

I'm not making excuses for drug taking or for Todd but how many people have taken drugs today or have possession of them right now.... A lot will all these people be caught no! people make mistakes we don't know he took any could be a reasonable explanation for having them.... people do things on impulse that they regret i think people should wait before they attack and hand the poor guy after all who hear can put up their hand and say they are perfect....... I am still 100% a supporter of Todd <3

Same here. As I said before, people make mistakes and they aren't perfect - but drugs aren't the way to go.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often does this happen... its an everyday occurrence and i think Todd should be given the benefit of the doubt on this one till proven otherwise i will not let a lack of judgement on his part ruin my love of his career it DOES NOT affect his talents and no one can say that it does

I'm not making excuses for drug taking or for Todd but how many people have taken drugs today or have possession of them right now.... A lot will all these people be caught no! people make mistakes we don't know he took any could be a reasonable explanation for having them.... people do things on impulse that they regret i think people should wait before they attack and hand the poor guy after all who hear can put up their hand and say they are perfect....... I am still 100% a supporter of Todd <3

In fairness, Marsbar, if you read a lot of the comments people are generally saying that it's his own decision if he does take drugs but that it seems a bit of a silly thing to do when you consider that he is passionate about succeeding in hollywood, in a country where a drug conviction could prevent him from even getting in. Certainly the impression I've gotten from the comments is disappointment rather than condemnation.

Also, just because people point out that he was a silly boy and should have been a bit smarter doesn't mean they don't still support him and hope things work out oK. As I said in a previous post I've always been a fan of Todd and think he's a very good actor and was hoping things would work out for him but it seems a little tragic that he made a number of specific and public comments (including "failure is not an option") about how passionate he was about succeeding and how determined and focused he is on his career and then seems to have done something so silly with such potentially dire consequences. I just feel sorry for him if this one act has derailed his chances in the US.

Having said all that, I really hope that this mistake doesn't cost him everything and I don't personally think he should be condemned but I do hope he learns one hell of a lesson.

Same here. As I said before, people make mistakes and they aren't perfect - but drugs aren't the way to go.

But not everyone who is caught is famous. Like it or not, Todd has a certain responsibility to his young fans and being caught with drugs is not exactly good for his image. He had so much going for him, a solid few years on a successful tv show, a great reputation and now all that is ruined because, for whatever reason, he felt he had to take something illegal.

Kate Moss's career suffered after her cocaine use was exposed, although it certainly seems to have recovered now.

wow, you know the scandal is global when Perez posts about it. I was completely taken aback when I saw it on Perez, I don't understand why it's had so much press. I know drugs are bad, but there are worse things going on in the world.

I don't think people realise how many children die or are trafficked on a daily basis to cope with the demand for cocaine. It's a serious issue in Latin American countries and every single person who dabs in the drug is to blame.

I, for one, am shocked. For some reason, I thought he was different but if he wants to risk his whole career then I was obviously wrong. I hope that he gets some sort of punishment for this.

Am I right in thinking that if he gets some sort of conviction then it could mean he can't get into America?

Why? Frankly, if I had to guess which Home and away star would be most likely to get busted with drugs, he would have been my second choice. I won't say who my first is (no, it's not Jodi).

Because from everything I've read or heard about him he sounded totally, 100% commited to making it in America and he's made one incredibly silly mistake which could jepordise his whole career.

I still can't get my head around why he'd even think about putting himself in this position.

Alot of news articles are reporting that Todd may go to jail for this, can someone go to jail for possessing drugs in Australia or are they just overreacting?

Even Perez Hilton the queen of Gossip blogs has latched onto this story - Perez Hilton - Aussie Soap Star Drug Scandal!

Yes it is a jailable offence however given that this is a first offence and depending on the amount he possessed like was it a small amount for personal use or is it enough to potentially be supplied to others, which id say it was probably only personal use or we would be hearing if it was more. Id say he won't be going to jail. The news articles are trying to make the story bigger and better but it is an option for the courts to decide so they arent completely overreacting.

Look it's serious and he is so in the wrong here which is sad but he's young and it is the minority of people who can say they have never been in possession of a drug during a night out at some stage of their lives. Not saying that makes it ok but it shouldnt define his future, people make mistakes and he will definately be feeling the repercussions of his actions right now. I for one hope that he gets the opportunity to go overseas and achieve his dream of making it in Hollywood and gets the opportunity to make a name for himself and move on from this nightmare he is currently living.

Hm. I am wondering about what channel 7 will do with this... Because they have already deleted Todd on Tour video from their webpage. Are they going to cut all the scenes they already have filmed with Todd, Adens departure storyline????... It actually can happen. :(

I think they are overreacting. And I think they are thinking and are worried about their reputation, and there have been a lot of bad press about HAA in the last year. But HAA is not a show for young people anymore, the storylines they have had during the last 5 years haven't excactly being storylines for young kids, so a lot of the bad press they have had is their own fault.

In this industry it is very easy to get into drugs, because its more available. And a lot of actors never get caught when they are doing drugs. He is not the first who has been caught and will not be the last eiter. But I do think its very wrong to use drugs! Todd has been caught now and will face consequences for his actions. And I think this will end his dreams about a big career in the US.

But I am not suprised by this. As I said a lot of actors/popstars are introduced to drugs in their life, at parties etc. And Todd has always being very clear that he loves partying. I remember reading an article about (in the mag. scans tread) him going to US in June/July when he got the agent. He was speaking a lot of how great it was being in the US and he thought it was easy to settle down there, because he had joined a lot of parties during his trip.... And I have seen a lot of party pictures of him and he is the one who looks most drunk in those pictures. I have always thought that he might be the next "HAA scandal". But he is not the first actor who has been caught and will not be the last either.

The sad thing is that he has been for a long time (about a year now) very clear that he want to make it big in the US. And that make him even a bigger fool in the media. It would have been better if he was working towards a career in the US without speaking about it all the time. Nobody has made it big before they have really done it (like an athlete has never won before he has won, no matter how he is talking about winning before a contest). I don't think that Chris Hemsworth did repeat all the time that he wanted to make it big in the US, we just saw that he "suddenly" started to get roles over there, and the same with Ryan Kwanten (who I think has really done it big over there).

And I think it was bad timing too. If this had happened later in his career it would have been easier for him to come back, people over there would have known him and probably given him chances if he was able to change his habits.

I know a lot of people think that popstars, movie and tv-stars should be role models. I think that is wrong. Because we think they are heroes just because of their songs, or the characters they are playing. But we don't really know them, we're just making a picture of them which is not real. I think its important to teach our kids that heroes are those people who are doing something great for our community, or somebody we know or love because they are who they are, not a face on television or in a magazine. <_<

Archived