Home And Away star caught in drug bust

Guest mbi615

Home And Away star caught in drug bust

Mon, 14 Dec 2009 6:11p.m.

Home And Away star Todd Lasance has been arrested for possession of cocaine.

The Australian television star is one of several high-profile arrests during a 48-hour police crackdown on alcohol and drugs.

Lasance, who plays Aden on Home And Away, announced earlier this month he was leaving the show.

His arrest follows reports that Central American drug cartels are now targeting Australia as a more profitable market than the US.

Source: 3 News

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is another report from Yahoo7:

An Australian television star is the latest high-profile arrest during a 48-hour police crackdown on alcohol and drugs.

Home and Away star Todd Lasance, 24, has been arrested by police and charged with possessing drugs following a night out in Kings Cross on Saturday.

It is believed he was partying with fellow cast mates at the trendy Kit and Kaboodle bar.

It is believed about 11pm on Saturday a police sniffer dog took interest in the actor and he was allegedly found with cocaine.

Lasance, who won this year's Silver Logie for Most Popular Actor and was a Cleo Bachelor of the Year nominee, announced last week he was leaving the hit show for Hollywood.

"Failure is not an option," he told News Ltd.

"I'm willing to put in 20 years over there if I have to because this is what I want to do.''

New South Wales Police have described as "abhorrent" the behaviour of people on the state's streets during a national crackdown on drug and alcohol-fuelled violence.

Assistant Police Commissioner Frank Minnelli said more than 300 people were arrested during Operation Unite on Saturday night.

"People have just got no respect for themselves or anybody else, and they just go about their actions without any concern for the consequences," he said.

"For those people, I believe the only answer for them is to arrest them and place them inside a cell."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/australian-ne...ine-possession/

I think its prettty stupid. It was very well publicised that there was a nation wide blitz on alcohol and drugs this weekend.

I'm not shocked, but I am disappointed. It would be nice to have a really popular star who isn't involved in that stuff for a change. I hope there is some form of discipline from the police, a big fine perhaps. If you are going to do it, then you have to wear the consequences. And if it does stop him from going over this week to audition, good.

I wonder if he was in the cell after he got caught??? That would have brought him back down to earth in a hurry.

They've taken the "Todd leaving" article off the front page of the H & A official site. I wondering if they will delay putting up the last interview they did with him too. They also removed the threads in the forums on the official site about him being charged with cocaine. I wonder how hard they tried to hide it?

There are so many swear words running through my head right now. I get that celebrities are people too and most people have vices. I certainly do, so I'm not going to judge him for that. What I will judge him for is doing this in a public place during a ****ing blitz on drugs and alcohol! WHY would you jeopardize your life and career for that? Hopefully it was only a small amount and he'll get off with a fine. I don't want this to screw everything up for him. I just can't believe he'd be so stupid...

I know I'm taking this way too personally. Obviously I don't know Todd but I do have friends who do illegal drugs and who would be stupid enough to get caught with them, which is why seeing Todd get caught makes me so angry. I just don't get why good people with plenty of opportunities choose to risk it all to have "fun." Alcohol is legal, you know. Can't you **** yourself up on that and be done with it? I know I can! Save the hard stuff for when you get back to the privacy of your own home, where the cops aren't likely to bring their damn dogs! Unless of course you call them because you're seeing imaginary prowlers... :rolleyes:

Oh well. Jodi got away with it. Hopefully Todd will too, and everyone will have forgotten about this in a month's time. People in America may not even know or care about it by the time he goes over there, and he'll be able to get work based on his talent, not his reputation... Let's hope.

*Shakes head, and continues muttering swear words.* :rolleyes:

I understand why you're angry. But I hope he doesn't get away with it. People shouldn't be able to get away with it. Jodi did because they didn't actually catch her with drugs right? But with Todd, the evidence is right there on him, he doesn't really have a leg to stand on apart from the "I was holding it for a friend" or the Andrew Johns version, "Someone slipped it in my pocket". And I hope he doesn't go there, he needs to accept responsibility for his actions and be punished also. And maybe just maybe change his ways and stay away from the drugs.

Archived