Home And Away star caught in drug bust

Guest mbi615

One of the biggest sportsmen in the world at the moment has been discovered over the past two weeks(allegedly) to have had a string of extramarital affairs - that should pretty much make it obvious that clearly no one in the world is incapable of making massive mistakes. A 20 something with cocaine given Australia's drug and binge drinking culture, hardly suprising. Not to mention how popular coke is in Australia. This is really going to set back his L.A plans though I fear which is such a shame when you consider how talented he is.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not surprised and I don't care what the cast does in their personal life but I still can't believe that he'd be so stupid. He's completely jeopardized his chances of making it in the US before he even really started. It's hard enough to get working visas in America as it is but if he gets convicted over this, they won't even let him into the country.

What I find most upsetting about all of this is that it's just such a stupid thing for him to do when you consider that he's so passionate about breaking into the movies etc in the States. Each to their own and if he wants to do drugs then that's totally his decision. I wouldn't condemn him for that (although it's not my personal cup of tea) but what does amaze me is that he would take the risk considering what's at stake if he gets caught. Still, he isn't the first and you can be sure he won't be the last.

I have to admit that this does change how I view him. I have always though that he was a good actor and certainly thought he was deserving of the accolades. As silly as it may sound, considering I don't know him, I was strangely happy that he seemed to be that rarity of an actor who was all about the work and having fun too but hadn't fallen into the same traps most actors seem to i.e. Jodi, Linc (video) etc. Unfortunately, it would appear (unless he mounts the "I was holding it" defense) that just as the world was his oyster he's gone and made life hard for himself. I only hope his agent in the states doesn't decide this is more trouble than they signed on for.

It's also funny/ironic that all the time he was playing the troubled, law breaking Aden, Todd was viewed as completely different; fun loving but clean living and on the same weekend he finishes filming as this character we discover that there are a few similarties between actor and character.

I'd say channel 7 are breathing a huge sigh of relief that they can refer to him as "former home and away star". Between Todd, Jodi and Linc the younger members of this cast have been giving the PTB a fairly decent sized headache.

Todd Lasance surely is a good actor and a good role model to look up to , The fact that he was found with cocaine is just absurd. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to a Home And Away star ~ If you remember a few months back Jodi Gordon ( Martha McKenzie Holden ) was found cowering in a bedroom with a bikie gang .

Todd is a great and brilliant actor , To stuff up his career like this is a really bad call .

Lets just hope the maximum penalty for Todd's behaviour is just a fine and nothing else.

This is just so sad. I am not at all surprised to hear it; its everywhere, people do it, celebraties have a lot of access to this kind of thing- thats the facts. However I am disappointed that he would screw up so publicly in one of the worse possible ways. His 'failiure is not an option' speech just makes him look stupid now. Silly, silly Todd!! :(

I'm just dissapointed in Todd. At the same time i'm not completely surprised to hear it, actors are only human, and lots of people get involved with drugs & make mistakes. He's not the first & won't be the last. He's an extremely talented actor, who always came across as completely focused & really wanted to succeed, so why jeopardise all of that with a such a stupid mistake?? That's what I can't get my head around. For someone with that much determination it really doesn't make sense. :(

Archived