Summer Bay's Shock

Guest Scotcaz22

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter Twenty-Five

Outside Surf Club

"You okay?" Geoff asked to Nicole, a bit of concern showing on his face.

Nicole nodded slowly. "I'm okay," Nicole replied in between of sobbing. "But how could he? I don't understand."

Geoff sighed and took Nicole in his arms. "Shush, it will be okay. We will break them up, I promise."

Nicole rested her head on Geoff's chest. "I hope so." Hiding away from Geoff, Nicole smiled wickedly. It is working! The plan is coming together.

They didn't see Aden coming up to them so they jumped and pulled apart when Aden called out to them.

"Hey, Bible Boy," Aden said and wolf-whistled when he saw Nicole standing besides her.

"Who's this?" Aden asked, curious.

"This is Nicole, Roman's daughter," Geoff introduced Nicole to Aden.

"Oh, nice to meet you," Aden grinned. "I heard about you from Roman, he's a good man."

Nicole made a face. "Yeah, I suppose."

Aden frowned, puzzled by Nicole's lack of reaction on Roman. Probably getting over the shock that Roman and Miles were together, he thought to himself.

"Are you two going in? Why don't we play a game of pool?" Aden asked.

Geoff turned to Nicole and asked her if she wanted to go in. Nicole shook her head, saying that she had to go home. She gave Geoff a peek on the cheek and Geoff blushed. Aden sniggered.

"I will call you later," Nicole said and Geoff nodded as he watched Nicole leave. Aden patted on Geoff's back. "You are soo in love!"

"Oh shut up, Aden, let's go and play a game of pool!"

Aden laughed as they went into the Surf Club.

Summer Bay House

Pippa ran to Miles and hugged his knees just as he came in the door. "Uncle Milco!"

Miles lifted Pippa and blew raspberries on Pippa's cheek, causing her to laugh and wriggle in Miles's arms.

Just then Sally came in the living room from upstairs and saw the scene between Miles and Pippa. Miles was good with Pippa. She smiled.

Miles noticed Sally just then and put Pippa down. "Hey, Sal, what's up?" Miles asked as he put the briefcase on the dining table and went over to her and hugged her tightly.

Sally was surprised. "You're in a good mood. What happened?"

Miles grinned and ran a hand through his curly hair. "Nicole apologised about what happened the other night."

"That's great!" Sally exclaimed. "You must be happy!"

"Yeah, I'm just relived that she's okay with me and Roman," Miles said.

"So how was your first day at school?" Sally asked as she went into the kitchen, Pippa following from behind. Sally lifted Pippa up on the counter and told her to put the paper cups on the tray while she talked to her uncle. Pippa nodded and took the paper cups in her hands and went to work, giggling happily.

Miles accepted Brad's offer and today was his first day at school.

"It was good, strange to be teaching again after a long time," Miles said. "The students were nice...so far. Only had two classes today so it was easy."

Sally smiled. "I'm glad."

Miles nodded. "Yeah. You mind if I make a call to Roman?"

"Go ahead, and Miles, this is your home too. You don't have to ask for permission, you know?"

Miles blushed and thanked Sally, then went to call Roman.

Roman & Nicole's house

Roman and Nicole were in the kitchen, Roman cooking and Nicole setting the table, when the phone rang.

"Could you get that please?" Roman asked as he lifted a bowl of vegetables to the sink.

Putting the cutlery down, Nicole went to get the phone.

"Harris Residence. Nicole speaking"

"Hi, can I talk to your dad please?"

Nicole paused, recognising Miles's voice on the other end of the line. She looked to the kitchen and smiled slyly.

"Sorry, he's not here. He's out with someone," Nicole lied easily.

Oh, could you tell Roman that I called?

"Sure, no worries," Nicole said, sweetly.

"Thanks, well, see you tomorrow at school"

Nicole said goodbye and put the phone down and went into the kitchen.

"Who was that?" Roman asked as he laid the food on plates.

"Oh, just a wrong number," Nicole shrugged. Inside, she was smiling and thinking that it was only the beginning.

Back at the Summer Bay House

Miles put the phone down and frowned. He thought that Roman was staying at home tonight, cooking dinner for him and Nicole to try to get to know her better, to try to make a bond between them.

"You got Roman?" Sally asked from the kitchen.

Miles turned slowly. "No, Nicole said he was out with someone..."

Sally frowned. "I thought he was staying at home?"

"I thought so too," Miles said. "I gotta go upstairs and get changed."

Sally watched Miles go and she was worried about him. He looked so disappointed when he got off the phone. She was annoyed with Roman for not staying at home as expected. Briefly, Sally wondered if Nicole was trying to stir things up between Roman and Miles but then thought better of it, Nicole did apologise to Miles earlier at school.

Sally sighed heavily and turned to Pippa when Pippa cried out, "Look, all the cups are out!"

Sally smiled. "Now for the cake to be poured..." and Pippa giggled as she helped Sally pour the mixture into the paper cups.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Twenty-Six

The beach

It was early in the morning, the sun was just rising from the ocean-view. Roman was running on the almost empty beach. He thought about Miles while running and smiled. He knew how lucky he was to have Miles in his life and that Nicole was warming to the fact that he and Miles were together. He was worried at one stage that Nicole would make him choose between the two, and knew that, as much as it would hurt, he would choose Nicole over Miles. Roman knew that if the roles were reserved, Miles would do the same and choose Sally over him. Family were important to them, more than the love they had for each other.

Roman stopped at the rocks and leaned against the big rock and looked over the ocean.

The Pier

Miles was leaning over the railings, elbows on the top, looking to the beach and saw Roman running up to the rocks. He sighed heavily. He didn't understand Roman sometimes. He started to lose confidence in the relationship they had together. After all they has gone through with Sally and Nicole, Miles thought that the love got stronger and that he could trust Roman.

However, after last night, it seemed that Roman was lying to him and Miles was worried that Roman has lost interest in him. Perhaps he was interested before because they were sneaking around in secret and the thought of it being a secret excited Roman. But now that everything was out in the open and everyone knew about them, perhaps it wasn't exciting for Roman anymore.

Miles ran a hand through his hair, a habit he couldn't get rid of, especially when he was worried. He pushed off the railings and went into the Diner, wanting to talk to Leah.

Surf Club

Nicole and Geoff were inside, playing a game of pool, when Roman came in, sweating from his run.

"Hey, Dad," Nicole smiled as she looked up.

"Hey," Roman replied. "I'm just going for a shower. When I'm finished, you want come with me to the Diner and we can get something to eat for lunch?"

Nicole nodded. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" Privately, she was grinning like an excited girl. She hoped that Miles would be at the Diner and that they would argue about last night. She was so sure that the plan wouldn't backfire on her.

Behind her, Geoff glared at Roman with fury. He was still angry over the fact that Miles and Roman were together and that it was unholy. Roman noticed and sighed heavily. He wanted to talk to Geoff but it wasn't the right time. He needed to shower then take Nicole to the Diner.

When Roman went into the gym to the showers, Nicole turned to Geoff and flashed her eyes at him, innocently.

"I think we should make sure that Miles was at the Diner when Dad and I go for lunch," Nicole said. "Why don't you try to get Miles to the Diner?"

Geoff blinked a few times before responding, confused. "Why me? I mean, Miles knew that I wasn't happy with erm...you know..." Geoff gestured in the direction of the gym. "I-I mean...well..."

Nicole rolled her eyes. Geoff's muttering was so annoying and interrupted before Geoff could continue. "Well, you could phone Miles in the pretence to want to talk about Christianity and the Bible saying that homosexual relationships were against your beliefs etc?" Nicole asked, waving her hands around in the air.

"I...I suppose I could do that, and anyway I was planning to do it," Geoff beamed at Nicole, wanting to help her with the plan to break Roman and Miles up. He genuinely thought that Nicole was as involved as he was religion-wise and was glad that Nicole had similar beliefs, not realising that Nicole was only using him so that she could have Roman all to herself.

"I will phone Miles and ask him to meet me at the Diner, then," Geoff said as he picked his mobile out of his pocket and made a call to Miles. Nicole waited as she listened to Geoff's side of the conversation.

"Hi, this is Geoff," Geoff said. "I thought we could meet up to talk about what happened at the dinner?" Nicole saw Geoff frowning and muttering. "That's fine, no problem..." Geoff made some hmmm noises before saying, "Great, I will see you then." Then he hang the mobile up and grinned at Nicole.

"Miles is already at the Diner," Geoff said. "But he said he will wait there for me."

"Brilliant," Nicole smiled as she ran a finger up Geoff's chest and jumped on her toes and kissed Geoff softly on the cheek. "You're a great help."

Geoff flushed with red cheeks. "Glad I could help."

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter Twenty-Seven

The Diner

Geoff and Miles were at a table, deep in conversation when Roman and Nicole came in.

Roman and Miles didn't see each other as Roman and Nicole walked over to the counter.

"I respect your religion, Geoff," Miles was frustrated as Geoff tried to explain the reasons why Miles's relationship with Roman was so wrong. Miles couldn't understand how Geoff was so against the idea of them being together when Colleen wasn't bothered and was happy for him and Roman.

"You don't understand, Mr Copeland," Geoff said. "It is a sin. Adam and Eve were created so that they can breed children and spread the love."

Miles sighed and rubbed the temples. "Look, why don't we just agree to disagree? We are never going to agree on this one, believe me."

Geoff looked angry as he stared at Miles. "Fine! I...I.." Geoff spluttered, trying to think of something else to say when he suddenly saw Nicole waving frantically to him behind Roman. "Look, there's Nicole, I have to go!"

Miles blinked at the sudden change of topic and looked up and saw Roman and Nicole at the counter. He smiled as he made a small wave to Nicole. Suddenly he wasn't sure whether to go over or wait for Roman.

"Dad, Miles is there," Nicole said to Roman, who turned around and saw Miles. His face lightened up at the sight of Miles and his heart beat quickly.

Putting a hand on Roman's shoulder, Nicole said so sweetly, "Why don't you go and sit with him for lunch?"

Roman looked at Nicole and smiled. "You don't mind if Miles join us for lunch?"

Nicole shook her head. "No, no, I am not hungry anymore so I will just go with Geoff."

Roman blinked in surprise as he saw Geoff standing there next to Nicole and wondered where he came from. "Okay...if you're sure," Roman asked, slowly.

Nicole nodded and said goodbye to Roman, then to Miles and left...well, actually, she and Geoff pretended to leave but Nicole was lingering just outside the doorway and could see inside. She wanted to see what would happen now.

Geoff was walking down the pier when he realised that Nicole wasn't with him and turned to see Nicole lingering at the doorway and frowned as he walked back. "What are you doing?"

"Shush," Nicole waved her hands around as she watched Roman sitting down at Miles's table.

"Hey," Roman smiled. "You want lunch?"

Miles snorted and shrugged.

"What's the matter?" Roman frowned at the lack of enthusiasm from Miles.

"What?" Miles exclaimed. "You sit there like nothing happened? You lied to me!"

"Uh...what? Lie about what?" Roman was shocked at the outrage and didn't understand where it was coming from.

"Last night! You weren't at home!"

"But...but I was! You know that Nicole and I were having dinner to try to..." Roman was saying when Miles interrupted. "Oh, come on! Don't lie to me!" Miles stood up and stared at Roman, coldly. "I called and you weren't there!" Then he stormed out.

Nicole saw everything and chuckled. 'It is working! Time for the next stage.'

Geoff put a hand over his mouth in shock. He began to doubt what he believed in as he saw the hurt on Miles's face and realised that he was truly in love. He wasn't sure that he and Nicole were doing the right thing. He saw that Nicole was about to go in and pulled her back.

"Are you sure we should be doing this?" Geoff asked.

Nicole rolled her eyes and looked at Geoff, innocently. "What about your religion?" Geoff flinched and suddenly realised that Nicole wasn't interested in him, she wanted to use him for his religion views. "You never believed in the religion! You were just using me!"

Nicole shook her arm from Geoff's hold. "Don't be silly, of course I believe in it, sweetie." Geoff flushed, but he was confused. "But we can't continue this!" Geoff pointed to Roman. "I mean, look at him. He looked hurt."

Nicole looked and saw that Roman was confused and his eyes were red, and looking hurt. For a moment, she felt bad but shook it off immediately, determined that it was the right thing to do. "It's wrong, Geoff, you know that."

"Yeah...but..." Geoff protested and Nicole put a finger on Geoff's lips. "Shush...it will all work out, you will see."

Geoff nodded slowly as he stood to see Nicole walking in to Roman.

"Hey, Dad, I forgot the keys to the house...." Nicole trailed off and put her arms around Roman's neck. "What's wrong?"

"Miles...he...I am confused, Nic," Roman said. "He said that I lied to him about last night...but I didn't! He called the house..."

Nicole looked puzzled...or rather pretended to look puzzled as she said, "I didn't get a call from Miles...isn't that strange?"

Roman nodded slowly. "Yeah...strange...unless...maybe...oh...I don't know...I must go after him!"

Nicole grinned behind Roman but looked sad when Roman looked to her. "Don't go after him, not right now. Let him calm down first."

Roman sighed and agreed.

"Good! Why don't we stay home tonight and we can have a movie night? Just the two of us?" Nicole asked.

Roman nodded but his heart wasn't in it. He wanted to see Miles, to sort it out but Nicole was right, he should wait until Miles calmed down. 'Yeah, I will see him tomorrow. Everything will be fine...I'm sure of it.' Roman muttered quietly under his breath.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your comments! I'm sorry that I haven't updated this in AGES!

Here is the next update, hope you like! Be warned, there are some angst and hurt in this chapter

Chapter Twenty-Eight

It was raining when Miles left the Diner in a rage after hearing Roman lie to him about last night. He didn't understand why Roman felt that he had to lie to him. Who was he with when he was out and not at home with Nicole like he was supposed to?

Miles walked down the road to the Summer Bay, confused and in a daze. He badly wanted to turn back and see Roman again to give him a chance but at the same time he didn't want to hear the truth in case that Roman did really see someone else and wasn't interested in him anymore.

He didn't hear a car coming up besides him and that the door to the passenger's side was flung open and that it was Roman calling out to him to get in.

"Miles...get in!" Roman yelled and Miles jumped as he turned to the car and saw Roman. He shook his head and started to walk again, ignoring Roman.

Suddenly his shoulders was flung around and Roman glared at him, angrily. "I don't know what the hell happened back at the Diner, but I'm not letting you walk home in this rain!"

Miles snorted and looked away. "Why do you even care?"

Roman was soaked and tired. He didn't have time for this but didn't understand what was happening but he knew that he couldn't let Miles go so he pulled Miles back to the car and pushed him into the car. Miles struggled to get away but Roman was strong and he shut the door on Miles and quickly ran to the other side and got in. He locked all the doors and Miles yelled at Roman to let him out.

"No way," Roman shouted at Miles as he started the car. "I'm taking you home and we will talk about this!"

Miles crossed his arms and stared at the window-screen, finally giving in.

They didn't talk to each other as Roman drove slowly as it was starting to rain heavily and there were dark clouds.

"Looks like there is a storm coming," Roman finally spoke, concerned. "I hope we can make it before it gets worse."

Miles mumbled under his breath and looked up to the sky and saw that Roman was right. He sighed and sat back.

"Can I ask you something?" Miles finally decided to ask Roman about last night; he couldn't handle being in the same car as Roman and pretending that nothing has happened.

Roman frowned, puzzled and wondered why that Miles felt he had to ask that. He turned to Miles and smiled. "Sure you can ask me anything you want, you don't need to ask me permission."

Miles only rolled his eyes and stared at Roman. "Where were you last night?" Roman gasped, puzzled. Miles knew where he was. "You know where I was..." when Miles interrupted; "Oh please don't lie to me! I called to tell you about my first day at school and Nicole told me that you were out!"

Roman's eyes widened and looked to Miles, shocked to hear that his daughter answered the phone and did'nt tell him. He thought that Miles must have been mistaken in hearing Nicole saying that he was out. "What the hell you're talking about? I was at...."

Suddenly Miles shouted to him to get out the way and Roman turned to see a truck coming straight at him and he turned the steering wheel in panic and the car skid on the mud and suddenly they were over the side of the road, and the windowscreen was smashed.

Roman's head was banged against the wheel; his head bleeding as Miles was in an uncomfortable postition, with his neck and body twisted, and there were peices of glass from the windowscreen everywhere on him.

The truck didn't even stop.

There were nobody else on the road.

It was still raining heavily and there was a flood raising, when Roman slowly woke up and looked around and realised that they were in danger.

Will they ever get out? Will someone come for them?

Archived