H&A to go off air for month of August

Guest Mistified

I dont mind too much, as I watch online at Aus pace anyways, but being off air for 4 weeks is a long time, they should have split it up I think, did a couple of weeks at a time.

Ditto on that, i agree think it may have been best if they had split the weeks up, i watch Aus pace as well, this could turn out to be a bad move on five's part unless they do big promotions for it when it returns, it could cut into the ratings either way especially as i think most near enough watch online anyway!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not that bothered either way, as like many I just download the new episodes at Aus pace. But instead of taking a 4 week break in the middle of the year. Why didn't Five just take the break at the end of the year, at the same time as they do in Aus (season finale time). We, in the UK, are already 2 weeks behind at present & would still have been at the start of the new year, if we just stopped screening episodes, at the same time their season ends. When they don't get any new episodes either. Make sense? :unsure:

Also why in August, if they must take a break in the summer make it Wimbledon fortnight, remember how Neighbours used to go off for Wimbledon fortnight, well let them do the same for H&A. Either that or do the sane thing and take time off when the show does in Aus.

Also why in August, if they must take a break in the summer make it Wimbledon fortnight, remember how Neighbours used to go off for Wimbledon fortnight, well let them do the same for H&A. Either that or do the sane thing and take time off when the show does in Aus.

Yeah, I wish they dropped it when Wimbledon is on. I tend to dip in and out of the show when Wimby is on... so I wouldn't mind so badly.

Must be August cos a lot of people are on holiday with the kids being off.

Yeah, I wish they dropped it when Wimbledon is on. I tend to dip in and out of the show when Wimby is on... so I wouldn't mind so badly.

Must be August cos a lot of people are on holiday with the kids being off.

Me too but Maria and Laura were on early so there wasn't any matches I really wanted to see why H&A was on. Plus I am actually going to be there in week 2 so taking it down during Wimby would work for me and would be in that Great British Tradition. They could do the same with Neighbours.

Archived