Dormant accounts

Guest Mistified

Yeah same with me, I used to come on here to read fanfiction and the australian episode summaries for ages before I actually wanted to post. We also know that there is a fair few accounts which are crew or cast members who like to come on here and lurk. It would be nice to get a true indication of how strong the membership here is, the admin panel is showing around 40 - 50 new sign ups every day. Most of those won't post and will just lurk for the spoilers etc but ultimately I think it would be more work to get rid of the dormant accounts without upsetting someone than it would be to just leave them alone.

I agree about leaving dormant accounts open because I know that it was 6 months between when I joined up and began posting but I did lurk for spoilers and that for the 1st 6 months before posting.

I agree about leaving dormant accounts open because I know that it was 6 months between when I joined up and began posting but I did lurk for spoilers and that for the 1st 6 months before posting.

Mine was like a year befor i started talking i think it was when Kirsty came back

but i like lurking its fun i gotta know everything omg im turning into COLLEEN

You need an account to view spoilers and see he Australian discussion. I had an account for about 6 months before I started posting. I was too shy to post. I just wanted an account for the sake of having one.

That's basically the reason why I joined up. I've only really just started posting recently.

Another thing about deleting inactive accounts.. it's a MASSIVE job trying to delete them all. I don't think it's really worth the hassle. As a moderator of another site, I've been speaking to one of our administrators. He has a hard enough time banning all the spammers.. and they actually need removing from the site.

• 6 months later...

You need an account to view spoilers and see he Australian discussion. I had an account for about 6 months before I started posting. I was too shy to post. I just wanted an account for the sake of having one.

That's basically the reason why I joined up. I've only really just started posting recently.

Another thing about deleting inactive accounts.. it's a MASSIVE job trying to delete them all. I don't think it's really worth the hassle. As a moderator of another site, I've been speaking to one of our administrators. He has a hard enough time banning all the spammers.. and they actually need removing from the site.

how do you delete your account?

I spent nearly 4 months before I started to post, I never thought that I would make as many friends as I have done. Dormant accounts arent necessarily a bad thing because there are different reasons that those people dont wish to post. IMO BTTB does all it can to make it a happy place for members and if some people arent ready to join in then thats their choice.

I'd have to disagree. People don't leave forever and tend to come back after a while. I'm probably a good example of this.. and it just wouldn't be polite to get rid of somebodies account like other people have said which would probably be used for viewing spoilers and reading fanfics ect, ect.

I was a member of this site over four years ago when Back To The Bay first started - I remember Chris trying to come up with a name for the site, but I've only just come back on here this week (having watched H&A for the first time in about three years) and it's been nice to be able to log straight back into my old account.

how do you delete your account?

Only admins are able to delete accounts.

Archived