Holby City

Guest Mistified

I've watched this on an off over the years. When ever I do start watching it again I get totally hooked, then I miss a few episodes for whatever reason and get out of the habit of it. It's very well written I think, and has some amazingly strong characters. Think Connie, Jac, Chrissy.

Anyone else love it?

My mum watches this show. I personally don't, but I sometimes have to sit and watch it, because mum wont change the channel.

She's pretty much in love with it :lol:, I don't really see why though.

I haven't watched it in a while, whats been happening?

I like this show when I get to see it. I am a bit like you Mistified, I miss a few episodes then when I manage to catch a episode I am hooked. I have missed the last few weeks though, so I am really not up to date. I think I would prefer them to put it on, on a Sunday instead, I could make more time to sit and watch it. When are Connie and Ric going to get it on that is what I want to know, it seems like it could possibly happen, they are at eachothers throats cause they like eachother. :P

I've watched Holby City since the beginning and Casualty since I was worryingly young.It's a shame they're on all year now because I do get a bit sick of them sometimes.Not enough to stop watching though.By the way, didn't Ric and Connie get it on when she first turned up?

I used to be an avid fan of Holby City and thought it was so much better than casualty. Due to work and other stuff I just haven’t had the time to watch it recently. One of the things I liked about it was that whenever a Doctor/Nurse was dealing with a patient, the patient would always give details of their life/current situation and this would always seem to relate to the present circumstances of the Doctor or Nurse in question.

I didn’t realise Connie slept with Ric. I guess it must have been a love/hate thing.

The last time I watched it properly Jac was in a relationship with Joseph then she slept with his father to further her own career. I also remember someone trying to rape her around that time. Also Connie had a baby with Sam. I’ve seen episodes here and there and I think Sam emigrated to the US and Joseph is now in a relationship with Faye.

The characters that I really like who I think are still in it are Connie, Ric and Donna. I think Connie’s great. She’s manipulative and has a lot of confidence in her own abilities (as you would expect from a surgeon). I don’t think I would call it arrogance either (well maybe). She’s one of those characters that has a very professional side and does come across as quite cold but she also has a warmer side to her such as when she found out that Elliot’s wife was terminally ill and her attitude towards him completely changed and she went out of her way to help her. I also remember her getting really upset about a woman who was terminally ill with heart problems and after she died she was watching a video of her then she burst into tears. One of the things that I like about Ric is that although he’s a surgeon he will always do what’s best for the patient. I think there might have even been a couple of cases where he could have landed himself in serious trouble (I’m still trying to remember the episodes) but I’ve always liked him. Donna, I like her party type attitude and although she likes to potray herself as someone that likes to have sex there’s just something about her that makes me warm to the character(it helps that I find her quite attractive). I think she’s essentially a good person albeit she’s made some mistakes.

Probably the person I dislike the most who’s still in it is Jac. Like I said I hated her treatment of Joseph. I’m not sure if she’s changed now but I felt that she didn’t particularly care about the patients, only about her career aspirations. She would try and use sex to get what she wanted. This will probably offend people but I disliked her so much at one point that even after the attempted rape I found it very difficult to have any sympathy for her mainly because of her treatment of other people.

By the way, didn't Ric and Connie get it on when she first turned up?

^^ Yeah, Ric and Connie did.

Ohhh, I didn't know that. I only thought she had been with Tom Chambers character. Must of been the episodes I missed. Explains a lot about their current relationship then.

I spent Good Friday watching the past few weeks that I'd missed on You Tube. It was great! Such a feast. Joseph's bumbling angst when it comes to Jac is brilliantly portrayed although kinda painful to watch. Ric and Connie's relationship is soooo passionate! This is just waiting to go through the roof.

Michael is on thin ice, surely? Or maybe he's one of those characters who manages to stay one step ahead of getting himself in trouble? He's very clever, that's for sure.

Nice to see Chrissy back too. It'll only be a matter of time before she has her teeth in some meaty storyline, I'm sure.

Archived