General Chat

Guest Traceve

I was thinking that seeing as News articles get posted every couple of weeks (sometimes days) how about just starting up a News 2009 thread and then putting them all in there so it's less cluttered? :unsure:

But some of them, like the Jade Goody cancer thread, are quite active within themselves, and I think it'd get pretty confusing if there were just a bunch of people discussing random different bits of news from around the world - it'd make the thread pretty difficult to follow, IMO.

I kinda have to say I agree, Jess. I think it could be a good idea to use the idea of a common news thread though, and just merge news threads that are no longer very active or something. Ideally we could say all small stuff in one thread, and big stuff that will attract a lot of discussion should have its own thread, but it's kinda hard to draw that line :P

I kinda have to say I agree, Jess. I think it could be a good idea to use the idea of a common news thread though, and just merge news threads that are no longer very active or something. Ideally we could say all small stuff in one thread, and big stuff that will attract a lot of discussion should have its own thread, but it's kinda hard to draw that line :P

Are we merging into the same person, by any chance? You're agreeing with me quite a lot tonight! I am, of course, just generally awesome, though. :cool:

Yeah, maybe we should just merge old news threads as they get less active. Although, tbh, GC is pretty fast moving, so stuff disappears off the front page quite quickly.

To be honest I cannot see the point in a news sub forum within general chat, if there was an influx of news articles then maybe it would be a plausibe idea but that isnt really the case. Just how I feel.

Archived