Technical Issues

Dingo x

It was probably because posts in some forums don't actually contribute towards your post count. I can't remember off the top of my head which ones, but it tends to be the off-topic forums such as the Games Room, and possibly General Chat as well.

• 1 month later...

I think there is a setting somewhere to change the timezones (there was a setting like this on the old board so I am assuming there is one here) but it seems your timezone setting is a little off.

Hope this helps :)

ETA: Only just noticed it is also coming up as 2006 in your posts. That is very strange :huh:

Edited by Pierced Musie

It seems to have sorted it self out.... very weird. :mellow:

It must be a server time glitch.

It happened two years ago with me too when someone's post (on Chapter 37 of my fanfiction of The Beginning) was dated January 2004, not August 2011. I remembered I was upset thinking my fanfiction was deleted or somehow but it wasn't, thanks goodness because it had turned out to be a server time glitch so Dan F fixed the problem when he brought it back to the homepage by posting a comment on my fanfiction.

Edited by ~JarlieFanEver~

If you post in some of the forums I assume it doesn't count towards the number of posts you make....

Sorry if I am asking a silly question :wacko:

That's correct. Posting in the General Chat, Games, and I think the Character/Actor Discussion threads doesn't count towards the number of posts you have done. I think it's because some people spam the board in those sections just to get their post number up.

Edited by Dingo x

If you post in some of the forums I assume it doesn't count towards the number of posts you make....

Sorry if I am asking a silly question :wacko:

That's correct. Posting in the General Chat, Games, and I think the Character/Actor Discussion threads doesn't count towards the number of posts you have done. I think it's because some people spam the board in those sections just to get their post number up.

Many thanks for letting me know, much appreciated :)

• 4 months later...

I can't change my signature because I kept getting the error message >>>>

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10211]

You may only use up to 5 lines of text in your signature.

But my signature does contains 5 lines. I changed my avatar to one of Melody and went to edit my signature to add in 'Melody icon made by me' but it won't work as I got the error message above. I did try refreshing it and etc... but won't work. Had to change my avatar back to Casey/Tamara (made by me) I was using at the moment.

EDITED: Had to change my signature to 3 lines yesterday for now... :)

I changed a setting in order to automatically limit signatures to 5 lines, rather than having to chase people to change them. The reason it rejected yours was because it was is over 5 lines - your current '3 line' signature is actually 5 as you've added a blank line between each one. I'll turn it off again as it obviously doesn't distinguish between blank lines and text.

The signature rule is a tricky one and whilst we state 5 lines of text, we then use our discretion due to different font sizes etc.

I changed a setting in order to automatically limit signatures to 5 lines, rather than having to chase people to change them. The reason it rejected yours was because it was is over 5 lines - your current '3 line' signature is actually 5 as you've added a blank line between each one. I'll turn it off again as it obviously doesn't distinguish between blank lines and text.

The signature rule is a tricky one and whilst we state 5 lines of text, we then use our discretion due to different font sizes etc.

Oh right. Thanks, Dan F.

I went to re-edit my signature but it won't work again as it said I must enter my signature up to 0 lines. I tried putting these sentences in my signature together not separate like a paragraph but it won't work. :s