Christmas Present To The Moderators

Skykat

Okay so it's not really a christmas present but you all must be sick of reading warning announcements and I'm sick of making them. I'm sorry to those members to whom none of this applies, we appreciate that there has been a lot of changes for people to deal with and by the large our members have been nothing but supportive and i want to thank you for that. I do however want people to read this because I speak for all of the mods when I say that this forum is driving us all crazy.

When we lifted moderator preview off this forum we made it very clear that a return to the arguing, personal attacks etc of the old system would not be tolerated and would lead to a return to moderator preview.

Once again we are receiving reports and reading posts where members are making personal attacks on each other or on certain fans / anti fans for their opinions on the characters.

Just to make it crystal clear:

It is acceptable to:

* Post your opinion on a couple, pairing, individual characters

* Say why you like / dislike the above

* Disagree with another posters opinion

* Argue your point in terms of something another poster has disagreed with you

It is not acceptable to:

* Attack fans or anti-fans of a couple, pairing or individual characters because you disagree with their opinion

* Post derogatory or generalizing comments towards the fans or anti-fans of the above

* Take offense to somebody having an opinion that you don’t agree on

If there is something you disagree with in relation to the CHARACTERS then please by all means argue your points, DO NOT get personal and if you do see someone get personal or feel someone is being personal with you then REPORT THEM and let us deal with it.

There is also a tendency to generalise towards fans or non fans of a particular couple, it used to happen with JM and now it's happening with Adelle and the staff are as guilty as anyone. Please do not group a set of fans or a set of people who dislike a pairing, together and aim comments at that group of people. Chances are it will be a generalisation and not representative of every fan or non-fan and so will cause offense.

I’m sorry if I’m coming across as overly harsh or aggressive on this but the moderators are stressed to death over this forum, we are trying our utmost to please everybody and make this forum the best place it can possibly be for our members. We are listening to your opinions and feeding back to you on them, we are available any time you want to talk to us about something.

Please can you help us out and start showing some respect for each other and for us.

I should add that this is not aimed at a particular person/persons/fan group or anti fan group nor is it a reaction to a single incident but to the culmination of several incidents we have had to deal with in this vein since the moderator preview was lifted.

To re-iterate, I DO NOT want this forum to go back on moderator preview, please do not be the person who forces us to do that.

If you have any objections or any points to raise in regards to this post please do so privately with me, over PM. In the meantime please continue to discuss and debate the characters of home and away as this forum was intended.

Thank you.

Thanks for that Skykat.

I think we all have to remember that that everyone has different opinions about EVERYTHING! It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things/people. Everyone would be clones of each other and everyone would like the same people, would be a very bizarre world!

Mostly, I tend to not reply to posts, when I disagree with them, find that much easier! (Yep cowardly I know, I admit it!) Although it is quite interesting, when reading intellegent debate about characters though, love how diverse peoples opinions can be!

Thanks SkyKat!

I also now try not to reply to posts that go against my fav characters (although I sometimes can't help it :rolleyes: ) and I feel that if I have got nothing nice to say I'd rather say nothing at all. There have however been some really interesting discussions in the threads and it's always nice to take part when it's a healthy debate and not an exchange of attacks.

Well done to you moderators for putting up with us and for doing a really great job at keeping us in line!

Message received and understood.I try to steer clear of personal attacks but I have been known to generalise or react in an overly emotional manner so I'll try and do better in future.

Red Ranger 1, your contributions to the threads are not attacks at all in my view! I find you're always stating your view in a very constructive way and that's exactly the kind of healthy debate I was talking about.

Message received and understood.I try to steer clear of personal attacks but I have been known to generalise or react in an overly emotional manner so I'll try and do better in future.

Red Ranger 1, your contributions to the threads are not attacks at all in my view! I find you're always stating your view in a very constructive way and that's exactly the kind of healthy debate I was talking about.

Thanks for saying so.But I'll freely admit there have been times when I've got annoyed about a post and replied with an ill-considered rant which I'll try and keep to a minimum.

Thanks for saying so.But I'll freely admit there have been times when I've got annoyed about a post and replied with an ill-considered rant which I'll try and keep to a minimum.

don't worry your not alone at all on that point. Although i do admire the intelligent debates that we have been seeing lately!

Thanks for that Skykat.

I think we all have to remember that that everyone has different opinions about EVERYTHING! It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things/people. Everyone would be clones of each other and everyone would like the same people, would be a very bizarre world!

Mostly, I tend to not reply to posts, when I disagree with them, find that much easier! (Yep cowardly I know, I admit it!) Although it is quite interesting, when reading intellegent debate about characters though, love how diverse peoples opinions can be!

Yes, I tend avoid replying if I really don't agree with what someone is saying. Less chance of saying something I might regret.

I completely understand where are coming from SkyKat, it is posts like that are really annoying when you are looking for an intelligent discussion.