Best And Worst Gifts

Guest Barbara

It's almost Christmas time. So I thought I would start a thread on the best and worst gifts anyone has ever received.

It doesn't have to be a Xmas gift. It can be a birthday gift too or any other gift. It doesn't matter. :)

What was the best present you've ever received?

And what was the worst one you've gotten? What did you do with it? Did you exchange it, give it to someone else etc. ?

Best gift:

My grandfather bought me my first real watch when I finished primary school. It's not working anymore thanks to the moron who changed the battery and crushed the entire mechanism ( :angry: ) but I still have it. I'll never throw it away. It means a lot to me.

Worst gift:

Two years ago, my parents' friends gave me a moneybox shaped like a shoe. It had glitters and a pink ribbon on it. They let their daughter choose the gift and she is more than 10 years younger than me. To be honest, I don't think I would have liked it even if I was still a child. I still have it in a box somewhere.

What about you? :)

The best gift I've ever received... quite tricky, I must say! Well, it wasn't a christmas gift but when my Dad booked a holiday to Florida for me, my younger sister, him and my best friend, that was pretty awesome and it was definitely the most awesome holiday ever :) Besides that, it has to be this years Christmas gift, tickets for the UK Twicon in Feburary :)

The worst gift has to be when some random person gave me a box of tissues :P

Best was probably my grand piano. Yes very spoilt of me but after using a keyboard most of my life it is my pride and joy!

Worst, a couple of maps of the area I live in with all the best cycle routes marked on it so I could accompany my friend on the weekends. And I don't even like cycling.

But Zetti I don't think anyone could beat worm killing bleach!

wow Zetti, bet you were super exited to get some worm killing bleach. what on earth did you say?!

my best would probably be on my last birthday a friend had a little girl, and asked me to be godmother. :)

and my worst was when i was 10, i got some violin sheet music, i've never picked up a violin in my life. <_<

I have never had a bad gift. My 'rents know me that well :lol:!

And this is going to sound so soppy and unlike me but the best gift...

Having my uncle, who I never really knew until about 2000 (only met him on special occasions) stay over for Christmas. I don't care about gifts these day, I care more about the christmas food and having the family here :)

Kill me now :blush:

I can't really think of any bad prezzie's but my best would have to be my kitten that I talked my partner (and my parents as we were living at home) into letting me have as a xmas present two years ago. Unfortunalty he got killed by a car, but still the best gift I've had

Archived