Secrets

Guest Adelle2008

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

{Surf club}

Irene was down at Yabby Creek for the day with Geoff and Annie. Belle was coming back from the gym when she saw Aden playing pool with Nicole.

"Hey Adelle" Nicole said in a high pitched voice. At first Belle wasn't sure if she was talking to her, realizing it must have been a nickname for her.

"What do you what Barbie? Shouldn't you be getting your nails done or something?"

"Maybe later….I'm just gonna leave you two lovebirds alone."

Belle looked slightly confused. The way Nicole spoke indicated that she must have known about their secret affair.

"Aden why did you tell her" Belle faced Aden gave Aden a dark and dangerous look.

"Oh take a chill pill Adelle, I saw you two kissing at the hospital, at first I was really pissed off because I liked Aden….but I've seen the way Aden drools over you and I wouldn't want to stand in the way of love"

"Thanks I guess…and by the way Nicole…" Nicole dropped her cue and started to leave.

"What's with Adelle?" Belle hadn't caught on.

"It's a combination of Aden and Belle...I think it's kinda cute, anyway gotta go people to see" Nicole flashed her trademark smile and left the room.

"Interesting..." Aden liked the idea of the name being put together.

"Belle lets have some lunch"

"Ahhh... no it's okay, I've already eaten…you can have something to eat though" Belle lied she hadn't eaten a single thing for a couple of days now, she was feeling so overwhelmed that she decided to starve herself, hoping it would numb the pain.

"Yeah but you've had a pretty intense workout you need to eat something" Aden said in a flirtatious way.

"Aden I said I don't want anything!" Belle snapped and then quickly gave a smile.

"Okay" he smiled back.

"Listen I gotta go…why don't you come over tomorrow Irene won't be home until 11"

"Okay cool, Bye Adelle" Aden blew a kiss.

{Dinner time at Irene's}

It had only been a few days since Belle stop eating but she was losing weight, to prevent Irene from noticing she wore some baggy jeans and a layered top.

"Okay for dinner tonight, we have chicken with rosemary gravy and vegetables" Irene poured the gravy over Belle's chicken; she looked at her plate with fear. She didn't want to eat it as Irene was preparing her meal Belle was quickly thinking of excuses to avoid eating her dinner.

"Is everything alright love?" Irene sat down noticing Belle hadn't touched her meal.

It was just the two of them present at the dinner table. Geoff and Annie were over at Jai's for a sleepover.

"Umm yeah I'm not just that hungry...I have a massive headache" Belle's hands were in her lap, her shoulders were hunched.

"Just try and eat a little" Irene said as she took a bit of chicken.

"Okay" To waste time and look like she was about to eat something Belle rearranged her meal and then cut in up into small pieces.

"Jesus... It's cold tonight" Belle broke the silence between them.

"I don't feel anything" Irene swallowed a chuck of chicken.

"I'm guessing you're not going to eat that… are you?" Irene could tell Belle wasn't going to attempt eating her meal so she dismissed Belle from the dinner table.

10:30am the next day….

{Irene's}

Aden and Belle were passionately kissing on her bed when she heard a noise from the kitchen.

"Did you hear that?' Belle removed her lips from his with a fright.

"What" he said not caring about the noise.

"Belle love" Irene called to her, she could hear her footsteps outside the door.

"Quick hide" Belle and Aden jumped off the bed. Before Belle could find a reasonable hiding place he quickly locked himself inside her cupboard. Irene opened the door. Irene wanted to know if Belle was able to work later tonight. Throughout the conversation Irene heard a mobile ring; the usual thing was it was coming from inside the cupboard.

"What's that noise?" Irene looked at the cupboard concernedly.

"Oh that's just my phone" Belle lied.

"You mean the one that's one the dresser" Irene said in an unconvinced voice, as she pointed to her phone.

Irene opened the door only to see Aden amongst Belle's clothes. "You've got one minute to get yourself out of here quick smart!" she yelled with a shocked facial expression.

"Irene" Belle grabbed Aden's hand to prevent him from leaving.

"Belle, be quiet that boys a trouble maker" she fought back with anger.

"But Irene" Belle protested.

Irene cut in, "No Buts girlie, he's a bad influence; you should have never gotten yourself involved with him"

"…Well I'm in love with him…" Belle then couldn't speak, realizing what he been revealed.

"What! You hardly know him" Irene hit the roof; this wasn't the news she was expecting to hear.

"Yes I do...I care about him Irene"

"Oh for goodness sake" Irene had had enough of Belle's excuses. Nothing was justifiable being with Aden.

"I don't know why I just do okay" she looked down at the floor in shame.

"No it's not okay, you stupid girl after all the trouble you had with Drew I thought you might have had more brains to say no" Irene kept yelling.

"Irene" Belle's words weren't enough to convince her.

"I said leave!" She eyed Aden sinisterly.

"No... Aden just wait"

Aden glanced at Belle with a heartbreaking face and decided it would be best to leave.

This angered Belle and screamed in her face, "I hate you! Why can't you stay the hell out of my life?"

"You come back here, girlie" Irene pointed her index finger at her.

"No" she said as she slammed her bedroom door.

{On the beach}

To let of some steam Belle walked along the beach, it always calm her down. Alf was also on the beach, she walked passed him slowly flashing a small smile as a gesture of hello.

"G'day love" Alf waved. Belle stopped to say 'how are you' but instead her body wobbled.

"Hey are you alright?" Alf was caught off guard.

"Yeah, I just feel a bit dizzy that's all" Belle was feeling lightheaded. Seconds later Belle collapsed. Alf caught her just in time and rang the hospital.

{Hospital}

Rachel informed Irene and Belle that the reason she collapsed was due to lack of iron. Rachel was concerned that Belle was starving herself, she had spoke briefly with Belle asking her straight out but she didn't give a straight answer. Rachel didn't mention anything to Irene. As Belle was classified as an adult Belle had the right to withhold information from Irene.

Aden came in despite his recent encounter with Irene he wanted to see his girlfriend.

He sat down beside the bed; he could tell something wasn't right.

"What's going on?" he asked casually.

"Nothing" Belle gave a little smile.

"Belle I know you and I know when something is wrong" There was a silence for several seconds.

'Well... I've hadn't exactly eaten much lately"

Aden wasnt expecting her to say this. "How long has it been since you last ate something?"

"About a week"

"One week! Belle why would you do that to yourself" He was shocked. How could she do this to herself.

"When I starve myself it numbs my feelings" Aden knew Belle was talking about the pain she suffered from the sexual assult.

"Belle this is a really extreme thing to do to yourself" he said in a worried voice.

"I don't care Aden, if I make myself skinny enough, guys won't find me attractive so they can't touch me" she yelled back.

"You need to start eating" he said forcefully.

"No I don't care what happens to me" Belle arms were crossed tightly, she wasnt prepared to take advice, even if it was from the guy she loved.

"Well I do okay" he said hoping it would get through to her.

"Aden I can't stop I'm sorry and if you can't deal with that then maybe we should break up"

"Belle what if I see a counsellor…will you promise to see one too?" Aden thought if he saw a counsellor this might encourage her too see one as well. They were as stubbon as each other.

"What do you mean?" she asked slowly.

"We both are suffering the effects of sexual abuse…we can get through this together…Belle please"

Belle was quick to respond, "I don't think I can"

"I know you don't want to talk about your feelings with a compete stranger, but Belle if we bottle this up any longer it will eat at us…." Aden could empathize with Belle's feelings.

"I don't need a shrink" Her pride was consuming her.

"Belle I love you too much to see you harming yourself…please we can do this"

"I'm scared" A tear fell from her eyes.

"I know…" There was a silence between them; he could see the fear in her eyes.

"Okay...I'll talk to someone" she whispered.

"We're going to get through this…we just need to support each other" Aden grabbed her hand.

"Okay….and Aden…I love you too"

"I know sweetie" he said quietly as he kissed her on the forehead gently. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay bye"

After two counseling sessions Belle thought it would be nice to write Aden a poem to show her appreciation for all the support Aden had provided.

What love does

If only I could tell you; what you mean to me

then I would not explain; for you could truly see

My life was in turmoil, full of pain and fear

then you came flying in; just to be so near

My pain was unbelievable, the light was nearly gone

The soul was tormented, dark and dreadfully worn

My thoughts were overflowing; crying waterfalls of tears

But you were there beside me; releasing all my fears

If only I could tell you; then you would know for sure

Fear was a barrier; I wanted to give you more

Experience had told me; that life was hard indeed

That there was evil everywhere; it had sown its dire seed

My heart forever vigilant, terror so close to me

The fear was raging; unable to let me be

You were there encouraging; being on my side

I did not want to fear no more; I did not want to hide

If only I could tell you; to let you glimpse a bit Of the fear that touched me; the candle that you lit Burning deep inside me; the anger was there to see I was unable to face the fear; without you there with me

Carefully I moved forward; It took quite a while

It was your encouragement; your jokes that made me smile

You held my hand so tightly, your hugs so very close

Your love internally needed; for the pain that hurt the most

Love Belle xx.

The poem was actually really written by White dove (a username on a poem website)

I hope you guys like it. :lol:

Archived