Everyone's Got Problems

Guest wrongturntaken

This is a really good fic! I like how it revolves more around original characters...they're like the new teen group and Aden and Belle are like Irene and Roman! :P Speaking of him, can't believe you killed him off! :( Maybe Aden and Nicole's awkwardness comes form his death? I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out! :D

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not tonight I'm afraid, unless i really can't sleep, and then it would be at about four in the morning! lol, Got loads of work to catch up on, hopefully tomorrow and then mabe a couple of chapters on Wednesday if i have time!

I'm liking all your theories, you should find out what happened between Nicole and Aden in the chapter after next or maybe the one after that, not sure yet.

If anyone has any theories on any of the characters or the plots, i'd love to hear them so feel free to pm me!

Thanks for reading! I love hearing from you and it's so sweet when you ask for updates, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, lol! Thanks!!! lol :D

Hey, thanks for all the comments as usual! I'm sorry i haven't updated, i've been feeling quite ill lately, i think i was working myself to exhaustion! Anyway... here's the chapter, i'm not really a fan of this one, but hopefully the next ones will be better...

Chapter 5.

Aden woke up to the scent of bacon wafting up the stairs and smiled to himself. He hopped out of bed and had a shower before coming downstairs, all the while wondering what Belle would have to say to him about their night time guest.

“Morning,” Belle said chirpily as Aden entered the kitchen, glancing around when he could only see Tess and his wife in the kitchen but not Tyler. “You lost something?” Belle asked him with a smile whilst putting some bacon on a plate.

“No,” Aden answered her and saw Tess looking at him, trying not to laugh. So she must have known, he thought. He walked round to the other side of the counter and kissed Belle as she tried to finish cooking the sausages. She pushed him away playfully as he put his arms around her waist.

“Aden, stop it!” she laughed, “Aden, I’m trying to cook here!”

Tess smiled warmly at her parents, Mark may think it was gross that Aden and Belle were able to show their feelings so easily but Tess found it endearing. Her parents had something that she so desperately wanted one day. Her smile faded as she thought back to last night, that kiss had seemed so real but in the light of day she wasn’t sure she hadn’t just been imagining it.

“What’s with the full English?” Aden asked Belle.

Belle shrugged, “I got up early and since we never really do this I thought I would.”

“So what time did you get up?” Aden asked her, sitting down on one of the stools next to Tess.

“Five,” she shrugged.

“Five!” Aden said incredulously.

“Well, I did go to bed early last night…” she explained.

Aden laughed and then wondered what time Tyler must have left if he wasn’t there when Belle had gotten up. He felt himself start to worry… whatever was going on with the kid must be serious. He stood up and went to look outside for the morning paper and was thoroughly confused when he re-entered the kitchen, “Belle… where’s my car?”

“In the driveway,” she answered him.

“No, it’s not,” Aden said; utterly perplexed and looked at Tess as she choked on the toast her mother had just placed in front of her. “Tess, do you know something?”

Tess glanced at Belle before addressing Aden, “Tyler took it,” she said simply with the hint of a grimace.

“Who?” Belle said sternly, looking at Aden as she stopped cooking.

Aden ignored her and instead turned his attention to Tess, “Firstly, why and when? …and secondly, how do you know that?”

“I came down at like two last night to get a glass of water,” Tess told them easily. “…and I woke him up accidentally and then he said he had to get home,” she shrugged.

“…and he took my car?” Aden said; looking at her shocked.

“He said to say that he was sorry, that he’d return it today and to thank you for everything you did,” Tess told them.

“Aden?” Belle said and Aden could hear the anger tingeing in her voice and knew he was in for it.

“Yes?” he asked her, trying to smile sweetly.

“Tess can you give me and your father a minute please?” Belle addressed her daughter without removing her eyes from Aden.

Tess hopped off the stool, grabbed her bag and left the house, figuring getting to school early would be better than any other option she had right then, “Dad, I’ll get the car from Tyler and drive it home if you like?”

Aden smiled at her, “Thanks, love,” he said as she left and he turned back to face the wrath of his wife.

“What the hell were you talking about?” Belle shouted.

“Look, Belle… Tyler needed a place to stay…” he trailed off.

“…that’s what the Drop In centre is for!” Belle said, keeping her voice low.

“…he refused to go,” Aden said simply, standing up to go and face Belle.

“Why?”

“I don’t know,” Aden shrugged, “…past experience I guess.”

“…and why couldn’t he go home?” Belle said; calming down slightly.

“…he was hurt and I didn’t want him going home,” Aden told her.

“So you offered him a place here?” Belle said and Aden nodded in response.

“Look I’m not saying that you did the wrong thing, I’m just saying that you should have discussed it with me first,” Belle said.

“You were in bed, I didn’t want to wake you,” Aden tried.

“I don’t care if I was in bed, or if I was in flippin’ Fiji! We always discuss things,” she said; raising her voice again before she let out a sigh, “Aden, we have rules for a reason… we agreed not to get too personally involved with anyone and letting someone stay here is getting too involved,” she said softly.

“I know, Belle, but there’s something about this kid… he needed help and as far as I could tell, I was the only one that was going to give it to him… and…”Aden trailed off.

“…and what Aden?” Belle said gently.

“…he kind of reminds me of me,” Aden said, giving her a weak smile.

“Oh, Aden,” Belle sighed, finally sympathising with him,

“Look, Belle, if I didn’t have people to help me when I was his age, where would I be right now?” Aden explained.

“I guess,” Belle said.

“I might not even have you,” Aden told her as he took a step closer to her, “…and we all know that would be the worst thing in the world to happen,” he said; trying to sound suggestive but they both knew he meant every word incredibly seriously.

“Just be careful… remember what happened when…” Belle said before she was interrupted.

“How could I ever forget that?” he exclaimed quietly, feeling the start of a lump in his throat forming.

“I know,” Belle said placing a comforting hand on his chest.

“I would never let that happen again,” he told her.

“I know you wouldn’t… and it wasn’t your fault either, you know Roman wouldn't have listened to you,” she said supportively, wrapping her arms around his middle as he held her close and kissed her head.

“I need to help this kid, Belle,” Aden told her adamantly. “I just have to.”

She stepped back from him, “Okay… but if anything like this happens again, please discuss it with me first?”

“Okay,” Aden said; giving her a weak smile.

“Right, now sit down and have some breakfast,” Belle smiled at him as he did as he was told.

“Tyler!” Tess yelled as the bell rang for the start of lunch and the class proceeded out of the door. “Tyler!” she called again as he continued walking away, pretending he hadn’t seen or heard her. “Argh!”

“Gee, sis, calm down,” Mark said, seeing his sister in a huff and walking up to her. “What’s up with you?”

“I’m just trying to get Dad’s car back for him, but Tyler won’t talk to me!” she said, crossing her arms in annoyance.

“Why?” Mark questioned curiously.

Tess shifted uncomfortably, “I don’t know,” she lied.

“Yeah, right,” Mark said; aware she was hiding something. “You know… I think he has a crush on you,” he told her suggestively.

“He does not,” Tess exclaimed, hitting Mark playfully on the arm.

“You tell yourself that, but at break this morning, he would not stop looking at you,” Mark told her.

“Really?” Tess said; allowing her excitement to get the better of her for less than a second.

“You sound pleased,” Mark said; laughing.

“Of course I’m not… he’s a jerk,” she defended.

“Whatever,” Mark laughed, “I’ll see ya later,” he added before walking away, leaving Tess stood there, knowing that she had to get the car keys back anyway so she’d just have to go after him now.

She found him round the corner by his locker, “Tyler?” she said with annoyance obviously in her voice.

He rolled his eyes before turning around to face her, “Tess?” he said in a sarcastically sweet voice.

“Can I have them back please?” she continued sternly.

“What?” he answered her dryly.

“The car keys.”

“Oh, right,” he said digging in to his pocket to find them and then holding them out for her.

“Thanks,” she said coldly and snatched them from him.

They stood there for a moment, both looking at each other sternly, “Anything else?” Tyler said eventually.

“No,” Tess answered him but still didn’t move.

“Fine,” Tyler said and slammed his locker door shut before walking away from her.

“What? So that’s it now? You’re just going to pretend that nothing happened last night?” Tess followed him and he stopped walking at her words.

“Nothing did happen last night,” he said, glancing around to see if anyone had heard her as he kept his voice low, “We kissed, so what? It’s not like it meant anything,” he shrugged.

“So that’s why you’ve been giving me the silent treatment all morning?” Tess asked.

“I hate to break it to you Tess, but you’re not important enough to me to give you the silent treatment,” he said and she scoffed, “I’m sorry that you want me so bad but I’m just not interested,” he finished, this part loudly before continuing off.

“Keep pretending, Tyler,” Tess called after him, “Whatever keeps you sane.”

He exited the building and walked around it until he came to a secluded part. He leant his back against the brick wall, tilting his head upwards, he sighed. The truth was that he’d never felt anything like what he had last night, but he had almost told her the truth, he hardly knew her and yet there was a voice screaming in his head that she could be the one to help him, that he should tell her something he had never told anyone before, that made her dangerous and he knew that he could never go back there. Things were clearer in the day and he knew yesterday… all of it… had been a mistake, he had shown weakness and he needed to get back to normal, his Mum needed him to be strong. The hard day was over now, may be now it could get better, he thought before moving away from the spot to join some new friends he'd made in conversation.

Aden knocked on the door of the bungalow he had driven to last night, “Is anyone in?” he called through the letter box when no one had answered in the five minutes he had been there. Tyler was at school, he knew that, but he was hoping to speak to his Mum or Dad.

When still no one answered he went to the side of the house and looked through the window, he could see a woman in an arm chair watching TV. He rapped lightly on the window and she looked up, he gestured to the door and saw her get up and walk that way.

“You must be here to check the meter,” she said as she opened the door.

“Um no actually…,” Aden started.

“Come on in,” she said, ignoring his answer and leading him inside. “It’s in the garage, but if we go this way, it’ll be quicker.”

“I’m not here to read the meter, Miss…?” he said, realising that he didn't actually know Tyler's last name.

“Davies,” she answered him and looked at him questioningly. “Kelly Davies.”

“I’m here to talk about Tyler,” Aden said and waited for a reaction.

“What’s he done now?” she said angrily. “Is he in trouble again? We had to move his schools the last time he got in trouble because he got expelled! Always in trouble he is!” she continued on the tangent and Aden got the distinct impression she wasn’t actually sure what she was talking about.

He looked around the room and saw the leftover chips on the side and sat next to them were the anti-depressants.

“I’m sorry for being so forward Miss Davies, but does you or your husband work?” he asked, registering the ring she wore.

“My husband’s dead,” she told him and moved herself over to where her pills were. Ignoring him she poured herself a glass of water and took one.

“I’m sorry,” Aden said as she did this. “...do you work then?”

“Tyler’s in charge of that,” she told him.

“Right,” Aden said; suddenly understanding why Tyler had tried to steal the bread. It was out of necessity. Supporting himself and his mother couldn’t have been easy. “Well, thanks for your time,” he told her, with a smile, having got what he came for. At least he knew now what Tyler’s home life was like, he might be able to help.

“You’re welcome,” she said with a smile, looking thoroughly pleased that she had been, at least in some form, helpful.

“…and can you tell Tyler that Aden came to check on him?” he asked as he was leaving the house.

“Sure,” she said and watched him go, before going back to sit on the chair and continue watching her program.

Aden paused a minute outside the house, this explained why Tyler had wanted to get back, he had needed the time away but he also wanted to look out for his mother. In Aden’s opinion, she wasn’t completely sane and he thought that Tyler needed more help than he would ever admit, or would be willing to accept. But that didn't mean he wasn't going to try.

Thanks for reading! Please leave me a comment! I love reading them.

Sneak peek:

Party! ...and do daughters really take after their fathers?

That sneak peek sounds good!

Loved this chapter! I loved how Aden was trying to keep it from Belle but just couldn't in the end [although it was because of the car]. I wanna know what happened the last time! I think I've got a feeling, seeing as it's got to do with Roman...

Loved the line

“I don’t care if I was in bed, or if I was in flippin’ Fiji!
Haha! Classic Belle! Nice to know she's still quippy as ever. And AOL at them being just as in love as they were when they were younger :wub:

More soon please. But don't worry if you can't - you come first! :D

xoxo

Archived