Everyone's Got Problems

Guest wrongturntaken

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for all your comments! I love you all!

Sorry this took a bit longer than i thought, i'm still not completely sure about it but i hope you like it anyway... ...oh and just so you know, there is going to be some more Adelle scenes soon, i hope i'm not disappointing you, as the story more revolves around Aden and Belle than actually encompasses them completely although with a storyline coming up they will be heavily involved...

I hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 3.

“Mum… I’m home!” Tyler shouted tiredly, as he walked through the door, slamming it rather aggressively behind him, as he entered the small bungalow he shared with his mother.

“Where have you been?” his mother said abruptly, as he entered the living room to see her sitting in the arm chair facing the TV with a cigarette in her hand.

“School,” he answered her simply, sensing she wasn’t in a good way today.

“…doesn’t school finish at three? It’s nine o’clock, there was no one to meet the electrician,” she explained, looking up at him oddly as he went to the kitchen section of the room.

He stared back at her in confusion, “The electrician came yesterday, Mum, and I was here…”

“…really? …I could have sworn it was today... was I here?” she asked him, narrowing her eyes and tilting her head to the side.

“You were asleep,” he lied.

“Oh, where have you been anyway, I haven’t had anything to eat today!” she said, finally standing up and walking over to him.

“I told you, I had community service after school, and then I had to go shopping,” Tyler told her tiredly.

“So what’s for dinner?” his Mum asked; not bothering to acknowlede his last answer.

“Chips from the shop,” he told her simply. “We can’t afford anything else,” he informed her at the look she gave him. “I tried to get us something else but I got caught.”

“You really should get a job,” his mother said and Tyler sighed.

“I did have a job through summer Mum, but now I’m back at school, I don’t have time to earn enough money to not have to steal things and then I’d get fired, so what would be the point, we’ll just have to live off your benefits for a bit.”

“What happened to the money that you earned over the summer?”

“You had to spend it on your medication and cigarettes,” Tyler growled.

“…but it can’t all be gone,” his mother exclaimed.

“It is!” Tyler yelled at her, his annoyance finally reaching its peak to find the next mountain to climb was anger, his day had been crap and it seemed to only be getting worse. “Why don’t you get a job?”

“I’m sick!” she defended loudly back at him, shocked at how suddenly his mood had changed, although to anyone else it would have been obvious Tyler was in no mood for calm conversation.

“Why take the medication for depression if you’re not going to get any better!” Tyler screamed. “I’m sick of doing everything for you!”

“Don’t talk to me like that! I raised you… and after everything you’ve done to this family I’d say it was pretty good of me to do that!”

“We both know it wasn’t me who screwed up this family!” Tyler raised his voice again.

“Don’t try and blame our situation on him!” she screamed back at him. “He was a good man!”

“You disgust me!” Tyler said eerily. “Maybe you could pretend that he was normal, that the things he did were normal, but what happened; happened, and I may hate how it happened, but i'm glad that it did!” he said, his voice as a crescendo until it peaked to silence from his mother.

“How dare you!” his mother said after a long pause.

“Just. Stop. Pretending!” Tyler cried, agonisingly loud. He could never stop himself fighting with his mother on this day, the memories became too much and she was the only vent he had for them. The only one who had even the remotest connection with the truth, even though she lived in denial; but this year it was different, this year she was worse, she had finally, actually, been diagnosed with depression and ever since, she had gotten him to do everything. At times it seemed like he had no mother, he was her carer and she treated him as such. So he found himself drowning in a sea of incapability as he ran himself on the fuel of anger by day and kept himself awake at night with the fuel of nightmares, nightmares he had suffered for the last seven years, not every night, but most.

He tried to pretend, tried to act confident and arrogant as though no one could hurt him but no matter what he did, or who he talked to, he felt vulnerable and he would try anything not to feel that way, even hit on the hottest girl at school, even if he honestly didn’t believe he stood a chance. He would never admit it out loud but that was the truth. And yet today, someone had given him a lifeline… he couldn’t take it… he just couldn’t… to admit that he needed someone other than himself… to think of the prospect that the truth would inflict… of being taken from his mother, it was better to have the mother that stood before him now, than no mother at all.

“Stop it!” his mother screamed, grabbing a plate that was on the counter and smashing it on the surface so that shards went everywhere including one that created a large gash on the side of Tyler’s head.

“Ahh!” he cried as he raised his hand up to feel blood pouring from his head, covering his hair. He grabbed a tea towel and held it to his head. “I hate you!” he screamed and ran out of the house, clinging to the walls as other objects to sturdy himself as he did so.

He sat on the steps outside the house, knowing that she wouldn’t follow him, and moved the towel away, he felt the cut which didn’t seem too deep, but he was feeling dizzy, he had never been hurt before in a fight with his mother, at least not physically. He reached into his pocket to get his phone. Who would he call? He thought, he had no one, no friends here, he had been expelled from his last school for something he had never actually done, yet who would believe the kid with the attitude, he didn’t even attempt to deny it. That was just life… it was unfair… you dealt with it, and you moved on. He turned over the phone a few times and reached back in to his pocket, slowly pulling out the card that Aden had given him.

He looked at the number and dialed it in to his phone, he felt a wave of dizziness hit him and tried to stay conscious.

“I think I’m going to go to bed in a minute,” Belle said to Aden as she snuggled up against him on the couch as he had his arm around her.

“It’s only just gone nine,” he laughed.

“While it was a big day and I have to get up early tomorrow,” Belle told him and tried to stand up but Aden pulled her back down and she fell on top of him.

“…but I’m not tired yet,” he smirked at her.

“That’s why I said, I’m going to bed… we both know if you came up with me, we wouldn’t get to sleep for quite some time,” Belle replied, smiling slightly, physically removing his hand from around her waist using his strong pectoral muscles to push herself up.

“I suppose you’re right,” Aden told her, “…although we haven’t actually… you know… in a while,” he continued.

Belle sighed, “I know.”

“Belle, I was thinking… you know what day it is in a couple of weekends?” he said slowly.

“How could I not?” Belle said happily, “Saturday’s are just the best!”

“Ha. Ha,” he said slowly. “…you know what I’m talking about…”

Belle laughed, “Of course I do; not likely I’m going to forget my own 16th wedding anniversary, am I?”

Belle watched as Aden’s smile vanished slowly and he covered his mouth with his hand, “Oh, I was talking about the surfing trip I was going on…”

“What?” Belle said, verging on anger.

“Belle, calm down, I’m kidding!” Aden defended standing up to join her and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, “I’m hardly going to forget the anniversary of the best day of my life!”

“What about when we finally got Tess, or when Mark was born?” Belle asked him, closing her eyes and leaning in to rest against him as he rested his chin on her shoulder and then moved slightly to kiss her neck as he gently swayed them both from side to side.

“Okay, one of the best days of my life," he corrected, thinking back to those days. “Anyway I was thinking, we haven’t really had much time alone together lately and I just thought maybe we should go away for the weekend somewhere? What do you think?”

Belle turned around to face him and put her arms around his neck, “I think it’s a great idea, but it’s a bit short notice isn’t it, and who’s going to do all the work whilst we’re gone, not to mention looking after the kids,” Belle reasoned.

“You sound so responsible,” Aden laughed.

“I’m a mother, I’m meant to be responsible,” Belle told him, raising her eyebrows.

“…and you’re a fantastic mother,” Aden told her, smiling before leaning in to give her a gentle kiss. “…but you don’t need to worry about anything, I’ve sorted it all out, the kids are old enough to be left alone now, and if they get into any trouble they can always call Irene,” he informed her. “…and as for the rest, just don’t worry, I’ve got everything under control.”

“I don’t know,” Belle sighed.

“Belle, we both need a break,” Aden told her, his smile fading, “I really miss you… we barely get to spend any time together any more.”

“Yeah, I guess it would be nice to be able to spend some more time alone together,” Belle sighed as Aden’s phone rang, “…without interruptions,” Belle finished off, rolling her eyes indiscretely.

“Sorry,” Aden apologised with a sympathetic smile as Belle removed her arms from him and he went to get his phone out of his jeans.

“I’m gonna go to bed,” Belle said, “I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Goodnight,” Aden told her smiling, “I love you.”

“Love you too,” Belle said before leaving the room and Aden was able to answer his phone.

“Hello, Aden speaking,” he answered formally as he hadn’t known the number.

“A… Aden…?” a scared sounding voice said in to the phone.

“Tyler?” Aden questioned, recognising the voice from earlier that evening.

“I’m sorry…I just didn’t know who else to call,” Tyler said hesitantly and Aden could immediately sense that there was something wrong.

“Are you okay?” There was a long pause. “Tyler…?” Aden said, full of worry as he paced around the living room.

“No,” Tyler, answered, breathing heavily, “I’m… I’m hurt…”

“Okay, tell me where you are?” Aden said calmly, knowing that he had to make sure to keep Tyler calm too.

“I’m at home,” Tyler told him heavily.

“Are you alone?”

“Yes,” Tyler half lied.

“Okay, tell me the address and I’ll come straight away,” Aden said, grabbing a ‘post it’ pad from the nearby coffee table and scribbling it down when Tyler told him. It was a way across town so he’d have to take the car.

“Right, Tyler I’m coming now,” Aden said, although he could now hear no breathing on the other end of the line. “Tyler?” Aden questioned and when he could hear only silence on the other end, he hung up the phone and went hurriedly to his car.

I hope you liked it! Please leave me a comment!

xxx

Archived