Living Together

Guest lucylinda

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 3

Sorry it's been a while, had the busiest week on record... Hope you like it

The next morning Belle crept out of bed slowly, she didn’t want to wake the sleeping Aden who didn’t have anything to do that day, it was the end of term and he was on holiday. She however, had a business to run. She got dressed, put some toast in the toaster and put the kettle on. She was surprised, as she had been the day before to see Aden walk through into the kitchen, “I thought I would help you today” he said.

Belle was taken aback, she hadn’t expected him to support her in her business and thought that Aden would rather be out celebrating with his mates.

“I thought you might be out celebrating the end of school” Belle asked with a little bit of a smile on her face “yeah, with who?” Aden replied, his voice suddenly harsh and accusing. “I dunno some mates?” Belle asked, cautious now, Aden was a bit angered up. “yeah well don’t have too many of them now do I?” he replied, then realised how angry he had gotten “but it’s ok when I have you…” his voice softening.

Belle walked over and put her arms around him “It’ll get better, I promise.” She said before heading out the door with him following her like a puppy.

They got to Belles office, and she was delighted to hear that she had a phone message, someone else wanted her work! They worked all morning creating flyers, putting together Belle’s portfolio and doing mail outs to all the businesses in the bay. They headed home for lunch satisfied that they had done a good morning’s work.

“You know, I think I could get used to this,” Aden said, putting his arm around Belle’s waist. “Really?” she replied “didn’t think it was exactly your thing” “well, neither did I, but it’s fun and I get to be with you” Aden said.

“well, I love your company” Belle said kissing Aden on the cheek. “How would you like to be my business partner?” “Yeah, well what would I do?” Aden said, obviously shocked “I don’t know, you could work in the shop selling photos, and organise clients” Belle replied, sounding like she’d given it a lot of thought. After a while, Aden replied“I don’t think I can imagine doing anything else” Belle could tell that he really meant it, and was happy that they could be business partners together.

They walked home together and talked all about working together, and Aden’s tasks.

“So, do you think you’ll let me take photos” Aden said, with a cheeky grin on his face “not in a hundred years!” Belle screeched skipping along “That’s my job!”

Very short chapter, but writing another one now

They arrived home and Aden unlocked the door, Belle followed him in and got out the toasted sandwich machine.

“You go sit down, I’ll make them” Aden said, pushing Belle towards the lounge “No, it’s fine,” Belle replied “you worked all morning for me anyway” “that’s called being business partners babe,” Aden said, almost sarcastically grinning. “yeah yeah, still let me make lunch” Belle said, not wanting Aden to feel that he had to wait after her “no, I wont allow it” and with one final push, Belle found herself on the couch with her feet on a stool being told to sit there and look beautiful.

She opened up the newspaper and began to read the reviews whilst Aden was making her lunch. He bought over an interesting looking sandwich and flopped down next to her. “You know, it really takes it out of you, doesn’t it?” He said, taking a large bite of his sandwich. “Yep,” she replied tasting the strange taste “but you get used to it, it’s just a different kind of work to school”

They ate the rest of their lunch in silence, then suddenly Belle leaped up. “come on, it’s time to get back, someone might have rung!” She said, sounding extremely chirpy. Aden groaned and followed her out the door.

• 1 month later...

I know it has been ages, and this fic turned ot nothing... bu-ut here's an update! and you shoud be expecting more regular updates from now on.

When they arrived back at the photography shop, they realised something was not right. The doorknob looked as though it had been rattled about, and some things inside looked out of place. The till was open, and unfortunately empty.

“Why did this have to happen to me, of all people!” Belle murmured, a small tear coming out of her face.

“It’s ok Belle. We’ll claim this back on insurance. It’ll be alright.” Aden said, his hand on her back trying to comfort her.

She couldn’t say anything more, and walked in, looking to see if anything else had been taken. Her foot crunched on broken glass and her tears were now coming thick and fast, realising that five or six of her most special photos were now screwed up on the floor, the special frames she had bought for them nothing but little pieces. She picked up the photos, even though you could barely make out what they were grabbed Aden’s hand and ran as fast as she could out of the shop.

She didn’t stop running until they got back to the house, ran into her photography studio and got out numerous boxes of photos. She began riffling through them, as though she was trying to get something before a bomb went off.

She’d obviously reached what she wanted, and started to flick through a bunch of photos more slowly. Aden looked on from the doorway, uncertain whether to approach her, say something or just stand there. She picked up one of the scrunched up photos, one of her and Aden when he had cooked her dinner to celebrate her new shop. She was scanning her eyes between the two.

Aden figured out what she was looking for, and tiptoed further into the room crouching beside her.

“I don’t have another copy.” She whispered, looking up at him. He didn’t know what to say, so he just pulled her into him. Stroking her hair.

After sitting there for a few minutes, Aden thought of something he could say to make her feel better, at least he hoped it would…

“Don’t worry babe. I have the memories all up here.” He said, softly pointing to his head. “Every memory. It’s here.” He picked up the other scrunched up pictures. They were all of the happiest moments in Belles life.

A photo of her an Amanda at Amanda’s second wedding with Peter, a photo of her and Aden outside their house, a photo of her, Geoff and Annie outside church when they’d convinced her to go, a photo of her, Mattie and Cassie at the year 12 formal and finally, a photo of her and Irene.

He took her hand, sat her on the couch and began to make a cup of very strong coffee.

Belle began to wonder who might have done such a thing.

Archived