Living Together

Guest lucylinda

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 8

Little bit of fluff, please enjoy!

Three days had passed, and Aden decided that it was probably time to return back and face the world. Belle had obviously been really shaken by the past weeks events, and it felt weird passing the “Welcome to Summer Bay” sign. She did know, in the back of her mind though, that they had to return to reality at some point.

“Good to be back?” Aden whispered sarcastically as they walked into their house.

“No. I just feel.” Belle paused, deep in thought and not picking up on his sarcasm. “I just feel, unsafe?”

“It’s ok Belle. It’s ok, I’m not letting you get hurt. Please don’t worry, please.” Aden begged. He wanted so badly to be able to help her, but there was just nothing he could do. Except watch her, all the time.

Belle was walking into the bathroom at this point, desperate to have a good shower and wash that unsafe feeling away. She hadn’t felt truly safe and comfortable since the break in, and hoped that a good wash of her hair and shaving of her legs might somehow help.

“Be-elle! Where are you going?” Aden called out.

“To have a shower, if that’s alright with you.” Belle replied, exasperated. She was sick of having to be treated like she was five years old. Ever the individual, she did not accept help lightly.

“Um. Well I guess that’s fine.” Aden replied reluctantly.

When Belle had got out of the shower and dressed, she walked into their bedroom to put on her watch. Her eyes caught a letter sitting on their bed, her heart started to beat a little faster, worrying that the burglar could have left it. But when she picked it up, she noticed that the “Dear Belle,” written on the envelope was Aden’s handwriting.

“Aden? What is this doing here?” She asked, carrying the letter through to the lounge where Aden was watching the rugby.

“Oh, I wrote it for you after my HSC’s. But after the break in and everything, there just wasn’t a time to give it to you.” Aden replied.

“What’s it about?” Belle asked, confused. They lived together, if he wanted to tell her something, he just told her it. They didn’t need to put things on paper.

“Well, you’ll just have to read it and see.” Aden said, that almost famous cheeky grin coming across his face.

“But not now.” And with that, he reached for the remote and switched off the rugby, snatched the letter out of her hands and bought her into a deep hug.

“But I want to read it now!” Belle said pulling out of the hug, with a tone similar to an eight year old who hadn’t gotten what they wanted for Christmas.

Aden didn’t reply. He grabbed a hold of her hands, put them on his waist one at a time and leant in to kiss her, pulling her into him again. At first she didn’t respond, in an act of protest. But, when his hands came up to either side of her face, she couldn’t not kiss him back.

“There’s always tomorrow.” He whispered, scooping her up into his arms and carrying her through to the bedroom.

“But-” and he put his fingers to her lips. “But-” and he kissed her nose. “But but-” and he kissed her ears.

“No buts!” Aden said. Belle sighed, wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered “alright then. But it doesn’t mean you’re the boss of me”

Chapter 9

Sorry, no answers to the note or the burglary, but I thought some more fluff might be nice.

Belle had slept properly for the whole night in a very long time. She got out the bed very quietly and crept through to get the letter. It was under the cushion where Aden had shoved it the night before.

She sat down on the couch and opened the letter up slowly.

“Dear Belle,

I know it’s weird that I’m writing you a letter, but I thought that I would have very un-manly tears running down my face if I had to say this to you. I am just writing to say how much you have meant to me these past few months. After my court case, you took me back in and supported me. It’s because of you that I was able to pass my HSC’s.

When we moved in together, I was the happiest guy in the world. Having your beautiful face to wake up to in the morning took away all the pain and hurt that had happened in that room. Seeing your beautiful photos on the walls took away the sight of vomit stains, or whisky splashes that I used to see every morning, even when they had been cleaned up. Seeing you cooking in the kitchen bought back some of the best memories in my life with my mother baking scones. Even seeing you with your pink marigolds on makes me happier than I’ve ever been.

You fill in this huge void of love that has been missing from my life since my mother died. At her funeral, I thought that I could never be as happy as I was in her arms again. But in your arms, I’m so, so much happier.

I can’t wish away everything that’s happened to me, but just so you know if I ever got the chance, I would go through it all again if it meant that I could be with you. I would never choose to take that back over being with you. It’s because you make me able to not forget it, but to face it and make it become who I am today. You’ve made me realise that it will never go away and that trying to block it out’s not going to help.

Belle, I used to think that I would never have a future. Or that my future would be filled with moments similar to the ones filled with sorrow from my youth. But since I’ve found you, I’ve managed to start thinking about what I want to achieve in my life again.

I can’t really decide what job I want to do, or where I want to live. But I know, after those few months without you that I am never loosing you again. See I want to marry you, have kids with you and grow old with you. I don’t deserve someone as loving and caring as you, but you don’t seem to notice that. So, just so you know how much I care about you, and just how long I want us to be together, look inside the envelope.”

Belle reached into the envelope, and there was a small tissue paper parcel sitting in there. She slowly opened it up, not wanting to rip the paper as she knew that she wanted every memory of this moment to be kept forever. When she had finally reached what was inside, she gasped. There was a gold Tiffany’s necklace, a small heart. She looked back to the letter.

“They say that gold stays sparkly forever. I want to be with you as long as that necklace stays sparkly.

Lots of love, and as many thankyous as there is stars in the sky.

From, Aden”

Tears were running down Belle’s face thick and fast now. She turned round to see Aden. He had been watching since she had opened the envelope.

Archived