Living Together

Guest lucylinda

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, another update. Please enjoy!

Belle and Aden were curled up in front of the television watching a cheesy chick flick movie that Belle had chosen. She hadn’t wanted to go back to the shop, so Aden had sorted all the insurance out and cleaned up the shop so that Belle could open when she wanted too.

She hadn’t been talking about it much. But she had been thinking. Her mind didn’t stop thinking about all the people that could possibly have wanted to do this to her. She didn’t think that it could be a chance robbery, why would they purposely smash all her sentimental pictures and just leave the ones of scenery and flowers?

However, her mind kept coming back to one person who would want her photography business ruined…

“This, is truly terrible.” Aden said with a scrunched up face, snapping her right out of her daydream.

“I like it, thank-you very much!” Belle replied indignantly. Although, she didn’t want to admit that she hadn’t really been paying any attention to the film, after all she’d made a huge fuss out of wanting to watch it.

“Well. I don’t!” Aden said, reaching for the remote and switching it off. “Come on, let’s go for a walk” He took Belle’s hand and they walked out of the house.

She tried desperately to take his face out of her head…

“Let’s go to the beach!” Belle replied, a smile on her face, pushing the image aside. Aden was happy, as she was happy for the first time since the break in. They passed the photography shop on the way, Belle turned away, but Aden noticed a sign stuck on the door.

He let go of her hand and ran up and grabbed it.

“Wonder if you’ll regret leaving me and finding your own life now! Ha ha ha” Aden put his hand on his mouth, whilst trying not to let on what he had just seen.

But it was too late. Belle realised something was out of place and jogged up, snatching the note from his hands. She gasped, and her only other reaction was to sit down on the footpath.

Aden sat down beside her and got out his phone, dialling Charlie Buckton’s number. After the call had been made, he pulled her into him.

“Where do you want to go?” he asked, softly so Belle knew that he cared and didn’t want to pressure her.

“As far away from anyone else as possible.” Belle said. Aden couldn’t quite understand her reasoning, but pulled her up and walked away with her. Sometimes, explanations didn’t have to be made. You just had to do what that person wanted at that time, and worry about why later.

He got out his phone first, and told Roman about everything. Roman promised he would take care of it, and warned Aden to make sure that Belle was not alone, not for a second.

A tall man looked out from behind the shop, a cheeky grin on his face…

Ok, another update. I'm a bit uncertain about all the dialouge, but thought I'd post anway.

Please enjoy!

Chapter 7

Aden had placed Belle in the passenger seat of her car, and was driving her to Yabbie Creek. She hadn’t said a word yet, but her mind was still tick ticking away as to who could’ve possibly left the note. And again, it kept coming back to one face.

“Aden?” She said.

“Yeah?” He replied, slightly shocked by her sudden use of voice.

“Did I, ever tell you, about, Gavin?” She said, a doubtful tune ringing through her voice.

“Um, a little bit, why?” Aden said, interested as to where this was headed.

“I think it was him.” Belle said, like she was just making sense of it now she had spoken the words.

“Are you sure?”

“Pretty sure. I’m, I’m pretty sure.” Belle said, like she was trying to convince herself how she was feeling.

“Why? What reasoning is there behind this” Aden had chosen his words carefully, as he didn’t want to sound like he was doubting Belle.

“I just knew that it couldn’t be the end of his trouble making. I just knew it.” Belle said “and I can’t, no matter how many times I think it over imagine anyone else that would have the desire to do this.”

“Well, do you want me to ring Charlie?” Aden said, sort of getting the reasoning towards her conclusion.

“Um. Yeah.. I guess?” Belle said, the doubtful tone still ringing throughout her voice.

“Ok. I’ll do it when we get to Yabbie Creek.” He said.

Soon they had settled into a motel room, and Belle was sleepily lying across the couch, watching some cheesy re runs.

Aden took the chance to make the call and stepped into the bedroom. He didn’t want Belle hearing if it was bad news.

“Hi Charlie, it’s Aden.” He said. “We think we know who might have done this…” and he proceeded to fill Charlie in on the details.

“Ok. Well we’ll look into it, but I can’t promise anything without any solid proof.” Charlie replied.

“There weren’t any fingerprints on the note Aden, whoever is doing this knows what they’re doing.” She added, although she hadn’t planned on mentioning it until they got back.

“Yeah. I know. Thanks anyway Charlie,” Aden said as he hung up and walked back into the room.

He was greeted by a sleeping Belle.

Archived