Style & Fashion

Guest Eli

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Norway though :P

A lot of people here wear them too, but for some reason all I ever seem to hear is how UGLY they are. And I seriously don't think they are. To sound like a complete pushover who only cares what others think for a moment here; if they were so ugly, then how come all the best dressed Hollywood actresses made fashion icons wears them? Even the most popular fashion bloggers here in Norway seem to love them... Weird, since they're apparently less trendy than brightly coloured crocs.

I still can't seem to warm up to the gladiator sandal trend. A few (very few) look good, but mostly I think they look bad (sorry!). I do like these though, and similar models

21-42229-10_350x330.gif

Honestly, I don't really like the gladiator sandals either.

I live in Norway though :P

A lot of people here wear them too, but for some reason all I ever seem to hear is how UGLY they are. And I seriously don't think they are. To sound like a complete pushover who only cares what others think for a moment here; if they were so ugly, then how come all the best dressed Hollywood actresses made fashion icons wears them? Even the most popular fashion bloggers here in Norway seem to love them... Weird, since they're apparently less trendy than brightly coloured crocs.

I agree that Uggs are warm and comfy but I wouldn't wear them outside the house either. I saw a woman wearing some the other day when it was 27 degrees. Call me crazy but I'm not going to wear Uggs when it's hot outside. :P

It's not because the best dressed celebrities wear something that everyone has to like it or wear it. If you like something, then wear it. But don't wear something you think is ugly or uncomfortable just because it's trendy. That's stupid. What's wrong with having your own style? Nothing! :D For instance, I don't always like what Kate Moss wears even though everyone seems to love her style. But that's just my opinion. :)

My Uggs cost £120 - and to be honest, if I saw them now in a shop, I wouldn't have bought them even if they were on sale going for £5!

I mean everyone goes through the "ugg" phase, but what really put me off them was the fact that every single Chav in Britain owns a pair!

Yess I will admitt they are super comfy, but to me they are snow slippers which should only be worn A) In Winter and B) Around the house.

It really annoys me when I see a person in the middle of summer in Uggs, :rolleyes:

I think it's safe to say that I'm over the "Ugg" Craze.

They're just gloryfied slippers :rolleyes: But I suppose they're my guilty pleasure on a cold winters night by the fire... ahhhhhhhhh :P

Hi i just wanted to say that i'm very happy with my new WESC headphones i bought just a week ago in a pop up shop on the coast (not the usual, only headphones and cartons) it was not easy to find them here not the limited editions anyway so i was lucky.

anyway it's a Swedish brand, Sweden is very well known for these things, IKEA H&M ect. and for protecting the wolves that's all i know :D

anyway i got Edphones which was very hard to choose now does anyonelse's got some wesc phones or am i the only lucky owner of these :P there's so many...(btw,i'm not a snob).

dim-mak-cassius-the-glimmers-bloody-beetroots-wesc-headphones.jpg

Barbara and Eli- I'm also joining the "I don't like Gladiator sandals" bandwagon! I think they are hideous and the further up the leg they go, the worse they look!

I'm much more of a jandal/heels/flats girl (in summer).

I haven't really tried any gladiators on so I'll probably shop around to see if I can something that will suit but thanks for the advice Barbara, Eli and Suzanne! :)

I totally agree with you Barbara about wearing what you think is cool and comfortable. It's definitely much better to have your own style and most girls who try to follow the trend end up looking hideous in whatever they're wearing.

Anyways, it's nearly spring here and I'm in need for some inspiration! I flipped through a few magazines and fashion catalogues and all the seem to be advertising are leggings and a long top, shorts with tights or high waisted items. Personally I'm not really a fan of high waisted skirts or shorts coz they only suit a certain type of body shape. So does anyone have any fashion trends for spring?

Maybe UGGs are so popular in Norway because it actually gets cold there? I mean, like, really, seriously cold and keeping your feet warm is actually priority numero uno. I think part of the reason why they've become so last-season here is because EVERYONE wears them. But not everyone wears them appropriately. I mean, really, UGGs with trackies, hoodies, bedhead hair and the thickest eyeliner in the world? No, thankyou. Even better are the rahs - UGGs with a denim miniskirt and a Jack Wills hoody. :rolleyes:

Although, Eli, I don't remember celebrities wearing them? Maybe, like I say, they do in Scandinavia for more practical reasons, but it's only the chavvy people here, really. I suppose it's a bit like Burberry. It started off as a high-class brand, and now ex-cocaine fiends adorn their prams and children (yes, I'm lookin' at you, Daniella Westbrook) in the stuff, and the company are having a fit. Not a good image, in my opinion.

I agree with what everyone else is saying, though, in that you should go with what YOU think looks good (within reason, please) and not just because it's in fashion. I dunno, though - I quite like gladiator sandles, although not if they're snaking their way up your entire leg. Alas, we never really have the weather here (there's too much unpredictable rain) for them, though.

Eli, what's happened with the highlights?!

Archived