Weird Eating Habit

Guest MissOlivia22

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think i have a thyroid problem 'cos i eat but i don't put on much weight, because i've got a high metabolism rate.

You're the same as me. :wink: I eat quite a lot (mostly savory, and a little junk) but hardly put on any weight.

I think i have a thyroid problem 'cos i eat but i don't put on much weight, because i've got a high metabolism rate.

You're the same as me. :wink: I eat quite a lot (mostly savory, and a little junk) but hardly put on any weight.

Yay! :wink: Someone i can relate to. :P

Having a thyroid problem and a fast metabolism are too different things. You can have one without the other. Having a high metabolic rate doesn't mean you've automatically got a thyroid problem, although it can be a symptom of one. As long as you're not losing weight whilst eating normally, or aren't underweight in the first place, you're probably just one of those annoyingly lucky people who can eat what they like! You still need to have a good diet, though: a) so that you get all the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy, and b) to develop good eating habits so that as you get older and your metabolism inevitably slows down, you don't pile on loads of weight 'cause you've decided it's cool to live off chocolate cake, for example! Oh, and as an aside, there's a difference between being slim and fit, so doing exercise is good, too, to increase your general fitness levels. But, yeah, honestly, you're a lucky person! :cool:

^^ Tell me about it! My sister is just the same. Grr.

I just thought of another weird habit I have with chocolate biscuits. I eat all the chocolate off them before eating the biscuit. I don't know why because the chocolate is the best bit and then I'm left with just a bit of a soggy biscuit.

Also if I eat a chocolate bar like a 'Club' bar or something that comes wrapped in tin foil and then paper I always unwrap it really carefully so I can remake it and it looks like I haven't eaten it yet. Yeah...I have way too much free time.

And after I eat a boiled egg I always turn the shell over in the egg cup so, again, looks like I haven't touched it yet.

I just thought of another weird habit I have with chocolate biscuits. I eat all the chocolate off them before eating the biscuit. I don't know why because the chocolate is the best bit and then I'm left with just a bit of a soggy biscuit.

Also if I eat a chocolate bar like a 'Club' bar or something that comes wrapped in tin foil and then paper I always unwrap it really carefully so I can remake it and it looks like I haven't eaten it yet. Yeah...I have way too much free time.

And after I eat a boiled egg I always turn the shell over in the egg cup so, again, looks like I haven't touched it yet.

:lol: so do i!

I have 2 other things.

1/ when i have toast, after i get it from the toaster, i put it in the freezer just for a little bit, because i don't like it i my butter melts into the bread, so this way the outside goes colder and non - butter melting, and the inside is still warm and soft :P yum

and 2/ this isn't really a habit but i can't drink from a plastic drink bottle, like pump water or powerade if it had the label ripped of it. i just don't like it.

:lol: so do i!

I have 2 other things.

1/ when i have toast, after i get it from the toaster, i put it in the freezer just for a little bit, because i don't like it i my butter melts into the bread, so this way the outside goes colder and non - butter melting, and the inside is still warm and soft :P yum

and 2/ this isn't really a habit but i can't drink from a plastic drink bottle, like pump water or powerade if it had the label ripped of it. i just don't like it.

Yeah, weirdly, I think I know where you're coming from with that one. Sort of feels like it could be anything!

Archived