Weird Eating Habit

Guest MissOlivia22

Lately I've gone off red meat and I have no idea why. A good steak used to be one of my favourite things to eat, but now it just tastes like... well, dead flesh... it's gross >.< I still eat it though because I'm paranoid about iron, and I don't want to appear "fussy" even though my parents still make a big deal of me not wanting the meat, even though I do eat it. Go figure :rolleyes:

I've never liked onions - if I tasted it at all, it would make me want to spit out whatever I'm eating. HOWEVER, I don't mind onion flakes... like in cheeseburgers and stuff :huh:

Mushrooms creep me out. They're just... rubbery junks of mold... I don't get the fascination with eating fungus...

I don't like fruit except for apples, bananas, grapes, sultanas, tomatoes, and selected melons. Everything else is so gross. I don't even like drinking orange juice if I can feel the pulp in my mouth - it disgusts me. Sometimes I can't handle grapes either if I'm aware of the texture, and apples need to be the exact hardness for me to not want to spit it out. Any softness in an apple makes me think it's rotted and it makes me shudder. I really only like Pink Lady apples - all the rest taste wrong. I used to like green ones, but now they're too sour.

Cooked fruit is the work of the devil. The only thing I can sometimes stomach is tomatoes, and even then I prefer it to be part of a sauce or something. I think I'm the only person I know who won't eat Hawaiian pizza because of the hot pineapple.

As for things I DO like... I love corn. I demand corn in all it's forms to be in my house at all times. I'm eating plain corn chips as I type... I'll even eat frozen kernels when I don't want to wait for them to be cooked... they're so good...

I also love chicken nuggets and mozzarella cheese - together or individually, I don't care. For the last few days I've been devouring all the vegetable juice in the house too - I only have the glass I'm drinking now and then I'm out :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- when we eat curry, whether it be chicken, fish or meat, i will only eat it if its red. I dont like green curry at all

- i only eat fruits with custard or jelly, otherwise i wont eat it. Thus, the only fruits i eat are apples and banana because i can eat them with custard, and pears because i buy them in jelly cups. Mangoes are another story

- i only eat red and yellow and blue lollies. Dont like any other colour

- i have to eat everything, minus roasts, in a bowl and with a fork. I hate using plates and spoons (only for cereal)

- i can only have cereal a few of times a week. My body cant take too much cereal and i throw it up if i have it more than 2-3 times.

- oh i can never have milk on its own. If i was to, i have to have it with cookies.

Thats all i can think of at the moment

I am SUCH a fussy eater. I hate veges cooked. I'll eat most veges raw but not cooked.

Ugh I know, carrots are totally destroyed when they turn them all salty and squidgy, and sweecorn loses all its......firmness, its like chewing juicy skin :ph34r:

Mushrooms creep me out. They're just... rubbery junks of mold... I don't get the fascination with eating fungus...

I agree with that too, I look at a full mushroom and it has all those creepy flaps under the hood thing, WHAT are they!? Its, like someone earlier said, scraping fingernails down a blackboard, that horrid squeaky texture.

I hate peas, I just don't understand why people like them, to me, they taste like grass (yes I have eaten grass, imitating my dog as a child...). Its terrible when people put them in curries, WHY? What kind of flavour do they add? The same with those kidney beans in Chilli, why are they there!?

I don't eat chcocolate, I don't understand why its so universally liked.........

I don't drink fizzy drinks of any kind, unless I'm on death's door with thirst

I can no longer eat crisps or chips, I used to get spots, I went on holiday and neither were available, the spots disappeard, came back, ate both, you get the picture. So i've banned them from..........me. My mom bought me chips on friday DESPITE knowing of this allergy, she opened the packet to me and I was whafted with essence of chip, now I have a spot thats only just disappearing.......silly mother! :ph34r: If anyone else gets spots and wonders why, try NOT eating fried potato of any kind and see if they'll go, or atleast reduce..........worked for me.

My diet is embarrassingly limited: there are few fruits or vegetables than I can stomach, let alone like, and I have the same breakfast (3 Vita-Brits in a bowl with milk) nearly every day. I also have this irrational problem with too many components to a meal, which is why avoid pizza, and I don't even have butter in a sandwich if I can avoid it.

Well now I know I'm not the only strange eater on here, I'll post mine XD

- I can't eat yogarts that have "Bits" In them, it makes me feel sick

- Same with orange juice if it has pulp in it

- i Peel of the skin of grapes, eat that and then eat the grape XD

- I Can't eat very close to other people, hearing people eat makes me feel sick

- In any kind of sweet AT ALL, I cannot eat the yellow or green. Never liked them never will.

- I can't eat Mushrooms, they make me sick

I'll proberly think of some more soon XD

I don't really care that much for hot meals, I'd rather just snack on sandwiches, fruit, toast, microwave chips etc all day long. I don't like anything hot or spicy (even pepper's too hot), I don't like fish and I'm not a big meat eater either tho I do eat some. I don't like eating outdoors; yeuk, flies and wasps everywhere! :angry: I never figured the popularity of barbecues either - they STINK of dead animal but I still go when my sister invites me to one cos she makes cheese salad barms specially for me and I don't have a problem with drinking outside! :P. When I go out for a meal I skim through the menu to find something I DO like ie that isn't spicy or fishy. Fortunately, I like chicken and rice so I'm okay if it's Chinese!

I prefer sweets to chocolate (chocolate's okay) and I LOVE most fruit and veg except for cabbage, cauliflour, sprouts, melon and figs. :D I hate those chef shows where they take delicious fruit like strawberries or pineapple and then spoil it by adding flour, sugar, sauces etc

The best food in the world is a cox orange pippin apple and best non-alcoholic drink in the world is tea. :D

Archived