Underbelly

Guest -Karen-

I thought I'd start a thread about 'Underbelly' which is starting tomorrow night in Australia. I wish I lived in Aus, British TV is so poor in comparison! Thank god for the internet.... I will most definately be downloading this series... it looks great! :wink:

Anyway this series is about "the 10-year gangland war that shocked Australia". It seems it is quite controversial and I have read that it won't air in Victoria due to legal stuff. There is more information about the series on the website:

http://www.underbellytv.com/

The cast looks great and there are a few Home and Away-ers in it - Callan Mulvey, Gyton Grantley, Rodger Corser, Daniel Amalm and Les Hill. I thought Daniel Amalm had disappeared off the face of the earth so it's good to see him in something again!

I will be back to comment when I have watched the first episode..... :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god for the internet.... I will most definately be downloading this series...

Um... I think it's been banned from the internet because there's a murder trial still going on, and the judge doesn't want the jury pool to be influenced by the series :(

I don't know how channel nine could be so stupid as to base a TV show on criminal acts that haven't been resolved. They had to know that this was going to be an issue, and now the series - at the expense of everyone who wasted their time and talents on it - could be in jeopardy. I hate channel nine. <_<

IMO the show shouldn't have been based entirely on these events. It wouldn't hurt for the writters to use their own creativity because a series like this sounds very strong and interesting and it could go on for several seasons instead of 13 episodes.

I read something before (think it was Syd Confidential) how the show isn't going to be shown in Victoria and it's been banned from the net. I'm glad Sydney are still showing it though, been looking forward to it eversince I heard about it early last year.

Ah well, hopefully the series is as good as all the hype. :D

:ph34r::ph34r: I watched it and I have to say that I will be back next week. :ph34r::ph34r:

It was a little slow to start with, but then picked up the pace. I do recognise a few of the charactor names from the news and know that a few are dead, but when and how they die will be interesting to see. It is based on history with in Australia so shy not make a show if it?

Some great actors in it too. I really laughed when the charactor played by Martin Sacks (who was PJ on Blue Heelers) said the F word.

Bring on the next episodes and sorry to any Victorians that wanted to watch it.

Holy Crap. I knew there was going to be a few h&a ex characters there but I didn't think there would be that many! It's like a new drinking game, lol. Johnny, Hugh, Charity, James, Blake...

I also noticed Stafford, the guy Danni ran off with, with her book or whatever plays a cop!

It was like a H&A reunion, yet they all pretty much worked on the show at different times :lol:

I don't know much about the history of all this, but I didn't expect Alfons (sp?) to die so early in the story! I was literally shocked.

I like it. Especially the first episode with those two blonde sisters... Woah! :P

All I care about is that i got my Johnny and Hugh fix :blink::wub::wub: .

That Stafford guy is nowhere near as hot as he was on HAA.

I sort of laughed inappropriately when the dude that killed him carried his coffin out.I wasn't expecting him to die so early eather.

Thank god for the internet.... I will most definately be downloading this series...

Um... I think it's been banned from the internet because there's a murder trial still going on, and the judge doesn't want the jury pool to be influenced by the series :(

I don't know how channel nine could be so stupid as to base a TV show on criminal acts that haven't been resolved. They had to know that this was going to be an issue, and now the series - at the expense of everyone who wasted their time and talents on it - could be in jeopardy. I hate channel nine. <_<

It does seem a it odd that they didn't wait until legal stuff had finished before airing, or even making, this series. Lets hope people's talents don't go to waste. Well at the moment there are a number of versions of the show floating around the internet but who knows if they will disappear over the coming days. I haven't downloaded it or watched it yet so I can't comment on the actual episode but from what i've read it sounds great.

Archived